The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Was dark matter created with the Big Bang?  (Read 687 times)

Offline thedoc

  • Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 511
  • Thanked: 12 times
    • View Profile
Was dark matter created with the Big Bang?
« on: 29/09/2015 19:49:37 »
If all matter in the Universe is only 4% of the total mass, is there any evidence to prove that the other 96% comprising of Dark Matter/Dark Energy was created in the Big Bang?
Is it not possible that Dark Energy/Dark Matter already existed, and the Universe of Matter was created within Dark Energy/Dark Matter? It is possible that Dark Energy/Dark Matter acted as a Catalyst for the Creation of the Universe we see?
Asked by David Spence

                                        Visit the webpage for the podcast in which this question is answered.
 ...or Listen to the Answer or [download as MP3]
« Last Edit: 29/09/2015 19:49:37 by _system »


 

Trevor

  • Guest
None
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/2015 08:45:30 »
Could it be that the dark matter already existed in a space that the Big Bang inflated into. The gravity within our visible universe having a mutual effect on the dark matter it passes through.
The accelerating expansion of our visible universe being due, somehow, to the pre-existing space it is in.
 

The Naked Scientists Forum

None
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/2015 08:45:30 »

 

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums