The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Joe Cell  (Read 7724 times)

Offline suse

• First timers
    • View Profile
Joe Cell
« on: 04/12/2006 15:50:33 »
I wondering if anyone can tell me about the voracity of the claims for the JoeCell? There's lots on the net but nothing on what I would call a "reputable" web site. I've seen claims that you can use it to power your car on hydrogen just using items you might find in the local DIY shop.  Unbelievable i think but how come so many people are being fooled? If it were true Ford wouldn't have spent $5 billion on theirs, would they?
thanks 

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
Re: Joe Cell
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2006 19:40:13 »
I Googled Joe Cell and got lots of hits. 

one of the best and clearest I looked at was
http://educate-yourself.org/fe/fejoewatercell.shtml

Frankly there are some elements of science in it but it is mostly non scientific mystical tripe and will not work.

It is carefully crafted as a hoax and has carefully designed getouts to "explain" why any device that you build does not work.  This includes the fact that if a skeptic gets to close to it it is likely to fail. 

This is the cassic ploy of the "emperor's new clothes"  children's story.  The emperor WAS a fool,because if he was wise when he failed to "see" the non existent clothes he could easily have said "These clothes may be fine but they are no good because I am sure that there are a lot of fools in my empire"  if my joe cell car fails to operate when a skeptic passes by it is no good because Im sure there a lot more skeptics in the world than me  :-)

« Last Edit: 07/12/2006 19:42:26 by Soul Surfer »

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/12/2006 20:58:23 »
I have placed a 10.00 bet on England to win the ashes, when I get my winnings I am going to invest it all in Joe cells.

Offline Heliotrope

• View Profile
    • http://www.davethedrummer.com
« Reply #3 on: 07/12/2006 22:33:25 »
Winnings !
:D :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 07/12/2006 22:33:25 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums