The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: REINCARNATION- what's it all about eh ?  (Read 15497 times)

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: REINCARNATION- what's it all about eh ?
« Reply #25 on: 04/02/2004 18:58:57 »
Okay Genegenie, I'm gonna back you up here.  I have no one take on reincarnation, I can think of several possibilities.

As a child, my parents laughed at my "imaginary" friend, Chief Wika.  When my son was little and watching Fred Penner (on TV) Fred's guest was a Cree chief.  I walked by as he was speaking a Cree dialect, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up; it sounded so familiar.  A few years later, I decided to narrow down my charitable donations to supporting three causes.  One was saving a piece of land on Vancouver Island from logging.  After receiving my donation, the WCWC sent me a flier with information about the land.  It was formerly governed by the Cree chief, Chief Wikaninnish.  Several years later I began to wake up and was very confused by a white wall appearing at my feet, after all, I was in the teepee enjoying the fire at my feet.  The thought crossed my mind that that's why my feet are frequently cold in this lifetime.  Prior to this dream I thought that Indians had slept with their sides to the fire, not their feet.  In the future I plan to go to the island and find out as much as I can about Chief Wikaninnish and discover if they really did sleep with their feet to the fire.

Any information about my favorite chief would be most appreciated, as would information from someone Native or well versed in native culture.
« Last Edit: 04/02/2004 19:02:35 by Donnah »

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08/02/2004 15:08:35 »
Hey Donnah,
Played around on the net this morning, and found out that you spell the name Wickaninnish.  He was the most powerful chief on the west coast in the late 1700's, had a summer home on Echachis island, and apparently had contact with a Captain Barkley.  Was a member of the Clayoquot indian band.  There is a Wickaninnish Inn on Vancouver Island, and I noticed when I put in Wickaninnish, there is a person called Jo Wickaninnish, who may be a distant relative who could give some information.  Good Luck.

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08/02/2004 23:17:02 »
Thanks Nancy, I found the Wikaninnish Lodge when I searched, and had heard by word of mouth that there was a Wickaninnish Inn, but had not tried any derivative spelling.  I'm only a 10 hour drive or a one hour flight from the Island, so that makes it a lot easier.  I'd like to see if I can find a place that I "remember".  It was on a small slope and was mainly treed.  "We" would camp at the edge of a clearing, and if you were standing at the bottom of the meadow, camp was at about eight o'clock.  That would likely be on Echachis Island.

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09/02/2004 00:54:19 »
Apparently there is a "shelf" on the island.  Maybe that's where you were.

There is an autobiography "The Remarkable World of Frances Barkley," Captain Barkleys' wife, who was only 17 when she was the first white woman to set foot on Vancouver Island.  Maybe the book will stir some memories for you.  

Also, check out:
http://www.northwestdiver.com/features/2003/0708-1.php.
Maybe you should be diving at Barkley sound.  Interesting that you just finished your diving course and the diving is so great there.  Coincidence?  Something's drawing you there.
« Last Edit: 09/02/2004 01:44:11 by bezoar »

Offline genegenie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09/02/2004 02:45:53 »
Interesting, Donnah! I wonder what you will experience/how you will feel when you eventually visit the island.

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 09/02/2004 03:43:51 »
I think you are right Bezoar, something's drawing me there.  Thanks for the link.  You need to take the period off the end for it to work.  Will definitely read Francis Barkley's book, but now I'm wondering if it would be better to read the book after I go there the first time.  We are traveling through the Yukon this summer, maybe we'll get to the island then.  I have a passion for whales, trees and horses.  I doubt that they had horses there at that time, but they sure had whales and trees.
« Last Edit: 09/02/2004 15:18:13 by Donnah »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09/02/2004 20:31:03 »
Donnah...as a sceptic (with an opening mind) I just wanted to wish you luck...I have been reading yours and Nancys entries with great interest and I look forward to hearing the results of your visit. I really wish you well.  Neil.

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09/02/2004 22:24:58 »
Thanks Neil.  I'm very curious about this whole thing.  The mocassins I was wearing when I woke with my feet by the fire were tan color (naturally) and stitched with an overstitch.  Nice curved shape, nothing boxy about it.  Be interesting to see if they really did have footwear like that.

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10/02/2004 23:26:45 »
I bet you can research the footwear styles of different tribes from your library or the internet.  As I understand it, each tribe had very distinctive styles of mocassins and decorations on their clothing.

----
John

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11/02/2004 05:16:52 »
Well I've already found that the Nuu-cha-nulth had a belief, Hishuk ish ts'awalk, meaning everthing is one/connected.

If you check out "About Yourselves!" in the Chat section you can see on page one that that is very much in line with my current belief.
« Last Edit: 11/02/2004 05:21:15 by Donnah »

Offline nak-yokohama-japan

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/2561/
« Reply #35 on: 25/02/2004 05:08:09 »
I opened a site titled [EVIDENCE OF LIFE AFTER DEATH !?].
See if you please.
newbielink:http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/2561/ [nonactive]

Offline christianchick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26/03/2004 14:48:13 »
that's a very interesting comment, i understand what you are saying but to fully go along with you we have to believe in evolution, and if both of them were true then i will see you in my next life serving the APE king you evolved so quickly that he beat us humans out:)

but seriously i agree, it can't be so

I WILL RULE THE WORLD, so suck up now before its too late(ha ha ha ha ha)

Greetings in Christ Jesus my Lord;)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #36 on: 26/03/2004 14:48:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums