The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is dark matter gravity ?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline CorneliusDalvert

• View Profile
Is dark matter gravity ?
« on: 19/10/2015 10:16:12 »
If gravity is caused by an interaction with a quantum scale particle could dark matter be the observable mass of those particles at the macro scale ?

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is dark matter gravity ?
« Reply #1 on: 19/10/2015 16:30:48 »
Quote from: CorneliusDalvert
If gravity is caused by an interaction with a quantum scale particle...
We have no reason to beieve that. All we know is that dark matter behaves like normal matte other than the fact that it doesn't give off light.

Offline CorneliusDalvert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19/10/2015 20:29:35 »
Hi PmpPhy thanks for the reply , as yet nothing has directly detected dark matter all observational methods have drawn a blank and unless the LHC starts finding evidence of sparticles or other exotic matter small is what dark matter must be . And as the most obvious unexplained force is gravity and 80% of the observable mass of the universe is unexplained the two may be connected if dark matter is a quantum scale structure , I realize this is a massive assumption but I can't see a problem with this as an idea :)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20/10/2015 08:15:19 »
I thought dark energy filled all of ''empty'' space?

''Matter is a substance that has inertia and occupies physical space. According to modern physics, matter consists of various types of particles, each with mass and size. The most familiar examples of material particles are the electron, the proton and the neutron.''

''empty'' space has no physical body , so how can it be called matter?

Offline liquidspacetime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20/10/2015 14:43:19 »
If gravity is caused by an interaction with a quantum scale particle could dark matter be the observable mass of those particles at the macro scale ?

'Dark matter' is now understood to fill what would otherwise be considered to be empty space.

'Cosmologists at Penn Weigh Cosmic Filaments and Voids'
http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/news/cosmologists-penn-weigh-cosmic-filaments-and-voids

"Dark matter ... permeates all the way to the center of the voids."

'No Empty Space in the Universe --Dark Matter Discovered to Fill Intergalactic Space'
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/02/no-empty-space-in-the-universe-dark-matter-discovered-to-fill-intergalactic-space-.html

"A long standing mystery on where the missing dark matter is has been solved by the research. There is no empty space in the universe. The intergalactic space is filled with dark matter."

I use the term 'dark mass' to describe the mass which fills 'empty' space.

Particles of matter move through and displace the dark mass, including 'particles' as large as galaxies and galaxy clusters.

What physics mistakes for the density of the dark matter is actually the state of displacement of the dark mass.

Particles of matter move through and displace the dark mass, including 'particles' as large as galaxies and galaxy clusters.

'The Milky Way's dark matter halo appears to be lopsided'
http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.3802

"the emerging picture of the dark matter halo of the Milky Way is dominantly lopsided in nature."

The Milky Way's halo is not a clump of dark matter traveling along with the Milky Way. The Milky Way's halo is lopsided due to the matter in the Milky Way moving through and displacing the dark mass, analogous to a submarine moving through and displacing the water.

The Milky Way's halo is the state of displacement of the dark mass.

The Milky Way moves through and curves spacetime.

The Milky Way's halo is curved spacetime.

The state of displacement of the dark mass is curved spacetime.

The state of displacement of the dark mass is gravity.

Offline liquidspacetime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20/10/2015 14:49:15 »
I thought dark energy filled all of ''empty'' space?

''Matter is a substance that has inertia and occupies physical space. According to modern physics, matter consists of various types of particles, each with mass and size. The most familiar examples of material particles are the electron, the proton and the neutron.''

''empty'' space has no physical body , so how can it be called matter?

'Empty' space has mass. Mass is defined as that which physically occupies three dimensional space. Particles of matter exist in, move through and displace the mass which fills 'empty' space.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Extras/Einstein_ether.html

"Think of waves on the surface of water. Here we can describe two entirely different things. Either we may observe how the undulatory surface forming the boundary between water and air alters in the course of time; or else-with the help of small floats, for instance - we can observe how the position of the separate particles of water alters in the course of time. If the existence of such floats for tracking the motion of the particles of a fluid were a fundamental impossibility in physics - if, in fact nothing else whatever were observable than the shape of the space occupied by the water as it varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that water consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise it as a medium."

if, in fact nothing else whatever were observable than the shape of the space occupied by the aether as it varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that aether consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise it as a medium having mass which is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

Our Universe is a larger version of a galactic polar jet.

'Was the universe born spinning?'
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/46688

"The universe was born spinning and continues to do so around a preferred axis"

Our Universe spins around a preferred axis because it is a larger version of a galactic polar jet.

'Mysterious Cosmic 'Dark Flow' Tracked Deeper into Universe'
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/releases/2010/10-023.html

"The clusters appear to be moving along a line extending from our solar system toward Centaurus/Hydra, but the direction of this motion is less certain. Evidence indicates that the clusters are headed outward along this path, away from Earth, but the team cannot yet rule out the opposite flow. "We detect motion along this axis, but right now our data cannot state as strongly as we'd like whether the clusters are coming or going," Kashlinsky said."

The clusters are headed along this path because our Universe is a larger version of a polar jet.

It's not the Big Bang; it's the Big Ongoing.

'Dark matter' is now understood to fill what would otherwise be considered to be empty space.

'Cosmologists at Penn Weigh Cosmic Filaments and Voids'
http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/news/cosmologists-penn-weigh-cosmic-filaments-and-voids

"Dark matter ... permeates all the way to the center of the voids."

'No Empty Space in the Universe --Dark Matter Discovered to Fill Intergalactic Space'
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/02/no-empty-space-in-the-universe-dark-matter-discovered-to-fill-intergalactic-space-.html

"A long standing mystery on where the missing dark matter is has been solved by the research. There is no empty space in the universe. The intergalactic space is filled with dark matter."

Dark matter which fills the space unoccupied by particles of matter is otherwise known as the aether.

Dark energy is aether continuously emitted into the Universal jet.

Our Universe is a larger version of the following artist's image of a galactic polar jet.

Matter is moving outward and away from us in three dimensional space.

'The Milky Way's dark matter halo appears to be lopsided'
http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.3802

"the emerging picture of the dark matter halo of the Milky Way is dominantly lopsided in nature."

The Milky Way's halo is not a clump of dark matter traveling along with the Milky Way. The Milky Way's halo is lopsided due to the matter in the Milky Way moving through and displacing the aether, analogous to a submarine moving through and displacing the water.

The Milky Way's halo is the state of displacement of the aether.

The Milky Way moves through and curves spacetime.

The Milky Way's halo is curved spacetime.

The state of displacement of the aether is curved spacetime.

The state of displacement of the aether is gravity.

Offline CorneliusDalvert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20/10/2015 18:37:30 »
Wow thanks very much liquidspacetime I guess you're a fan of superfluid vacuum theory :) The links on your last posts were very interesting but do raise some questions for me . Firstly doesn't a polar jet require some energy , like a super massive black hole , to cause the jets ? Secondly could the dark flow be an indication of the closest edge of our universe relative to the Earth ? Thirdly the spin of our universe could as the result of it having formed from the collapse of vast blackhole which already had spin imposing this bias on the universe that was formed ? These are only observations from a curious mind but I would be delighted to know your thoughts on these questions :)

Offline liquidspacetime

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20/10/2015 19:54:20 »
Wow thanks very much liquidspacetime I guess you're a fan of superfluid vacuum theory :) The links on your last posts were very interesting but do raise some questions for me . Firstly doesn't a polar jet require some energy ,

Yes.

like a super massive black hole , to cause the jets ?

Probably. However, I am concerned with guessing. To me, it's obvious our Universe being a larger version of a galactic polar jet is more correct than the Big Bang. However, to then say this implies a Universal black hole is something I'm not willing to state beyond saying that conceptually, it makes sense.

Secondly could the dark flow be an indication of the closest edge of our universe relative to the Earth ?

The dark flow should propagate along our axis of rotation.

Thirdly the spin of our universe could as the result of it having formed from the collapse of vast blackhole which already had spin imposing this bias on the universe that was formed ? These are only observations from a curious mind but I would be delighted to know your thoughts on these questions :)

However a galaxy and it's polar jets form are likely to be the reason for our Universal jet as we are a larger version of a galactic polar jet. Figure out how a galactic polar jet forms and you will likely have the physical explanation as to how our Universal jet formed.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20/10/2015 22:50:26 »

'Empty' space has mass. Mass is defined as that which physically occupies three dimensional space. Particles of matter exist in, move through and displace the mass which f

''containing nothing; not filled or occupied.''  empty space has no mass, I am sorry you are wrong. Mass occupies space and is independent of space whether is be an asteroid or a single particle.

Offline liquidspacetime

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20/10/2015 22:52:36 »

'Empty' space has mass. Mass is defined as that which physically occupies three dimensional space. Particles of matter exist in, move through and displace the mass which f

''containing nothing; not filled or occupied.''  empty space has no mass, I am sorry you are wrong. Mass occupies space and is independent of space whether is be an asteroid or a single particle.

The space unoccupied by particles of matter has mass, is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it and is what waves in a double slit experiment.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #9 on: 20/10/2015 22:52:36 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums