The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Science and God - Does it mix ?  (Read 49062 times)

Offline pencilhead

• View Profile
Re: Science and God - Does it mix ?
« Reply #25 on: 20/02/2004 09:07:56 »
I LOVE MATURE PEEPS hehehe I am still alittle on the otherside.
So now that we know your beliefs or some peoples.  Those who believe in a higher being/god.  Do you believe GOD AND SCIENCE miX?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20/02/2004 15:16:01 »
....personally, my opinion, I think God and Science do mix, as a subject for deliberation, consideration and debate, but, as a non believer I personally can not entertain the possibility of a Scientific topic based on fact mixing with a power above the forces of nature, though, I am always willing to be convinced and so retain an open mind , not one that is so closed that's it's locked !!!....and I love mature peeps too !!..one day I hope to be one !!!...cheeky !!!

'Men are the same as women...just inside out !'

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20/02/2004 23:17:15 »
Yep, God and science mix for me without any problem.  Hey Neilep, did you call yourself that as a word scramble for penile?  Teasing you!  No offense taken by anyone's comments.  I would hope we're all open-minded enough to entertain other opinions.  But mature peep?  Does that mean old broad like me?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21/02/2004 03:39:30 »

Nancy,....You made me do a big smile and chuckle !!....you know I've never noticed that before, about my username being a word scramble for Penile !!!....you can tell I'm not an anagram addict can't you ?......But neilep is a just my first name(neil) with the first two letters of my surname (Epstein)....oh boy !!(seems I'm in 'bracket/parenthisis mode').......I'm such a dufus brain cos when I registered I didn't realise I was putting my email address as my username !!! but then, it was about 4:30am when I registered so at least I have tiredness to blame for that silly faux pas !!...

Offline OmnipotentOne

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21/02/2004 05:21:42 »
If the universe is said to come to an end, but instantly begin again, then why cant it go along side with an ultimate ruler that will also begin again?

Offline OmnipotentOne

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21/02/2004 05:31:33 »
Normally i dont make fun of sites devoted to religion, but this one time i make an exception.  This has to be some kind of conspiracy. http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html hmm my favorite things mentioned are kanga-jew, the christian thong, and how dinosaurs still walk on the land.....Seriously i guarantee you will laugh after seeing this site!!!!!!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21/02/2004 13:28:09 »
Hi OmnipotentOne,

Divine Intervention !!!!!...your link above keeps taking me to a site called...paysforsurveys.com....

Regarding as to why there should not be an ultimate ruler that goes side by side with the Universe.....I personally am not dismissing the possibility....but my opinion is that I find it extremely hard to believe without proof that I can see !!!..I will not accept the fact that one has to have faith and believe in a supernatural entity without substantiation......you could also say then, that why not beside God and The Universe is a supreme all-powerful Peanut M&M !!...or anything for that matter.......wish I could get to your link, I need a good laugh, haven't slept in 36hours....

Offline MissMontana

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21/02/2004 16:15:14 »
Neil,  this has bog all to do with anything but if you need a laugh have a look at this
http://www.talibanreunited.com/

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21/02/2004 17:32:57 »
T G, that's great (lol, that cured my laugh depletion !!).....have you seen this one ? http://fatwasam.com/index.htm

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22/02/2004 16:37:00 »
Neil,
I frankly think you should change your name to penile.  Why don't you sleep on it and let me know?  Ooooh, low blow.  Seriously, is there nothing that can be done about your sleep deprivation?  What a bummer!

Omni One,
Checked out your site.  Didn't find anything about dinosaurs, but I loved the stuff about atheists.  Very funny.

Just checked out the other two sites.  You guys must be internet junkies.  Where and how do you find all these sites?  They're hysterical.  I understand that Penile doesn't sleep, but what about you, Omni?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22/02/2004 17:18:32 »
Nancy !!..why you !!!!!  :-) .....*sigh*......I wish I could change my name , don't think I can unless I register again........Getting to sleep is an ongoing process for me......I'll get there in the end.....still....one day I'll sleep forever won't I ?.......

I still get routed to another website when I click on Omnis Link *sob, jealous gripe*

Offline MissMontana

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22/02/2004 18:10:44 »
Neil,
I get redirected to paysforsurveys too, tried to alter the address a bit too and the same thing happens.  The last count was 36 hours without sleep, have you slept since or can we expect some random and very strange comments soon?
Bezoar,
Luckily not internet junkie as I'd never get anything done but do know a lot of them so I just get to see the funny stuff (sent to me by people who don't get anything done lol)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22/02/2004 21:17:42 »
Flibble tibble pzzzzzzzzzzt !!!...back door front door !!!....whooopey !!! *sulk yawn*

I did manage to sleep last night/this morning.....I remember listening to the 6am news on the radio and the next thing it was 8:30am.......oh boy !!...2.5 hours...that's almost a good night for me !!!.....Yep !!..I don't want payforsurveys.com....perhaps it's a UK  routing thing !!...surely there's a scientist out there who could answer why that's happening, hopefully we'll come across a site where scientists answer things and stuff like that..................DOH !!!

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24/02/2004 02:18:04 »
Hey Penile,
Saw a site that might interest you.  Check out http://www.sleepbetter.com.au/sb_geral.htm.  It's supposed to be some new technique for people with brittle sleep disorders, like you.  Sweet Dreams!!!!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 24/02/2004 03:19:18 »
grrrrr !!*cheeky grin*...thanks Nancy :-) I'll check it out......if you don't hear from me within 6 months you can rest assured I have fallen asleep.

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25/02/2004 00:49:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by OmnipotentOne

Normally i dont make fun of sites devoted to religion, but this one time i make an exception.  This has to be some kind of conspiracy. http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html hmm my favorite things mentioned are kanga-jew, the christian thong, and how dinosaurs still walk on the land.....Seriously i guarantee you will laugh after seeing this site!!!!!!

Looks like another "Fleece the Flock" site.  For $8.50 you can have Ruby's Matrimony Thong and for another $16.50 you can have Ruby's Box.

Offline tweener

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25/02/2004 02:43:32 »
I went to that site and it scared the he** out of me.  Killed it quick!

You can all just send the money to me.  You'll get just as much value and it will be going to a much better cause (at least in my opinion).  :D

----
John

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26/02/2004 05:08:35 »
Penile,

Do they call that sleep or hibernation?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26/02/2004 11:01:24 »
'Penile can't come to the PC right now, he is too busy burrowing a hole in the arctic and sharing it with some polar bears'

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27/02/2004 00:53:56 »
Polar bears don't hibernate.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 27/02/2004 03:42:09 »
;)Ok Donnah...thanks for putting the record straight...I'll just snuggle up to  a preggy polar bear in it's Den for a while and hope it won't mind :-) :D

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29/02/2004 02:51:56 »
Pick a dirty bear.  The cleaner a polar bear is, the longer it's been since s/he ate.:D

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29/02/2004 04:13:10 »
Uh oh !!!..too late !!!...this bear is nice and cle......*CHOMP*.......OUCH !!!!!!!!!:D[:o)]

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02/03/2004 04:17:59 »
Oh, I forgot to mention that you look like a nice, light snack.  Neil...Neil...oops, too late.
« Last Edit: 02/03/2004 22:02:24 by Donnah »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02/03/2004 22:12:26 »
I know this has nothing to do with Science and God but it's dark in here !!!!.....and this bear has a bad case of wind too !!....I feel like Moby Dick !!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 02/03/2004 22:12:26 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums