The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the time?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
What is the time?
« on: 12/11/2015 06:12:07 »

EINSTEIN ????

« Last Edit: 12/11/2015 07:27:31 by chris »

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: What is the time?
« Reply #1 on: 12/11/2015 07:29:52 »
The items you are posting are just collections of graphics from another site.

The material isn't properly explained or discussed. As a result, no one is engaging with the material, because it's poorly presented.

Please consider making actual text-based posts to set out your arguments; the odd image is helpful, but this is a discussion forum, not a podium for presentations of pet theories lifted from other websites.

Chris

The following users thanked this post: Colin2B

Offline puppypower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2015 12:00:23 »
An interesting application of time can be explained with an example. Say I just caught a fish and left it out on the table on a warm day. It would begin to spoil and smell in a few hours. If I wanted to slow time interval until it will spoil, I could put it into the freezer. Of I take it out of the freezer and place it in the sun, I can speed up the time to spoiling. In this case, time is connected to energy and entropy.

Time measure changes of state, whether this change in state is defined by a change in position in space or by a change of phase. If a clock runs slower, the change of position of the second hand slows, decreasing entropy. Because it is running slower, the needed changes of inertia takes less energy. In the case of the frozen fish, time is connected to an entropy change being made to slow down. 

We could set up a clock where the basic unit of time is until a fresh trout starts to stink enough to attract a cat, at 30C. If we used this then temperature would play the role of velocity in terms of time dilation and time expansion.

Say we frozen a fish, while moving close to the speed of light. The frozen fish will slow time and last the longest compared to all other references. The fish clock would measure the slowest interval of time before the cat comes. 

The fish clock is more consistent with time in the sense that you can't unspoil a fish. The time vector goes forward and is not easily reversible. It is not easy to go back into time. With time based on position in space this is easily reversible; pendulum, and therefore is not exactly the way time works. What is changing that is consistent the time vector is energy and entropy with respect to the battery changing state.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2015 12:11:13 by puppypower »

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/11/2015 14:52:05 »
Can I suggest you take up Chris's suggestion and put all your ideas into one document and post it under New Theories. Currently the graphics are not helping us to understand exactly what you are trying to say.

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2015 17:46:07 »
I'm sorry my english is not perfect

All is very simple in universe exist only ONE REFERENCE SYSTEM

YOU ARE MOVING = YOU MAKNIG ROTATION RESPECT TO FAR FAR POINT IN SPACE

CONSTANT LINEAR MOTION NOT EXIST !!!  YOU ARE  ALWAYS SATELLITE

WE CAN NOT SPEAK ABOUT MOTION WITOUT ABSOLUTE REFERENCE SYSTEM

BECAUSE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE EVALUATE HOW HEAVY WE ARE !!!

EACH BODY IN UNIVERSE IS REGISTERING centrifugal force RESPECT TO AVERAGE DYNAMIC CENTER

centrifugal force it is very special information about Your motion respect to average UNIVERSE's center

I'm moving = I'm registering centrifugal force
IT IS MISTAKE TO SPEAK MY SPEED RESPECT TO THIS START or THAT STAR

more important is (more precission information )

my body is registering centrifugal force RESPECT TO AVERAGE DYNAMIC CENTER

THAT star is registering centrifugal force RESPECT TO AVERAGE DYNAMIC CENTER

I can compare my  centrifugal force and STAR's  centrifugal force

I'm able tell You who and how fast is moving !!

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/11/2015 17:47:27 »

THEORY :
James Clerk Maxwell, in 1861–64, published his theory of electromagnetic fields and radiation, which shows that light has momentum and thus can exert pressure on objects.

SI units :
ENERGY / SPACE  =  [ Joul / cubic meters  = Newton *meter / cubic meters  =  N/m^2 ]

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/11/2015 18:13:21 »

I ALSO FIND NEW FORCE INSIDE ATOM

RIGHT NOW IN BOOKS YOU NOT SEE IMPORTANT FORCE

HYDROGEN's ELECTRON  2 ,18 * 10 ^6 m/s
please evaluate how big centrifugal force is registering SMALL ELECTRON respect to average dynamic center

who told You about this force ?

ITIS DISCOVERY ? or not important problem !?

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/11/2015 18:16:22 »

-----------------
M dynamite m
-----------------

HOW HEAVY IS MASS m ? 

ALSO PIPE's DIRECTION IS IMPORTANT !!!

EACH POSITION WILL GIVE YOU NOT THE SAME RESOULT !!!

8 km/s ??? and big problem for NEWTON !!!!

« Last Edit: 12/11/2015 18:19:23 by machmarosz »

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/11/2015 18:20:58 »
DO YOU KNOW THIS STORY ?

MY NAME IS MACIEJ MARIAN MAROSZ
POLAND ( city Wałbrzych )
I STARTED NEW  REVOLUTION IN PHYSICS !!!

nice to meet Your Brain I need You to speak about this what was and what will be ... in physics

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13/11/2015 01:48:48 »
https://wordpress.com/posts/drafts/theoristexplains.wordpress.com

Many years have passed, and many great minds have considered time and the meaning of time and shared their thoughts.

Humans , the very need for time, the very thought of time, something we look for outside of ourselves in hope.

In considering  state one and state two of time, then in a sense of realising the actual specifics of the abstract states, I then considered what real time/absolute time is, and turned my attention towards the Caesium atom and the frequency rate.   Although the rate of the Caesium atom was defined to equal an old second denoted by a degree of motion, I could see some significance in time dilation/gravitational time dilation, that gave me a line of enquiries and queries to follow.  The present measurement of time and consideration for time is Minkowski space-time, a belief that time is independent of the observer, a belief that the measuring device of time is measuring a time outside of ourselves, which lead me to having an interesting thought of the movement of a clock finger.  Whilst observing a  degree of movement of a clock finger, respectively measuring an increment of degree equal to an increment of time, what really am I observing?, Am I observing the clock recording its own time?  Am I observing the clock recording an independent time?   or am I really observing my own time observing the clock?

Well it just so happens, at a ground state in a stationary initial reference frame, I am observing my time , the clocks time, and a said independent time all in a moment that is an equal rate. (A) the clock finger , (B) myself and (C) a said independent time , A||B ||C, which means (A) is parallel to (B) and parallel to (C).  I then considered would anything change if I placed an Atomic clock/Caesium atom, in my room, with myself, the clock, and the independent time.   9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation at ground state was equal to one second of my clock at ground state, so I observed my clock, myself, the said independent time, and imagined the Caesium atom clock (D).  I observed all the clocks were travelling parallel in synchronised time  A||B ||C||D at ground state.   This was an interesting thought but did still  not give me the answer to what real time/absolute time was.

In consideration of this , the path of investigation lead me to consider time dilation/gravitational time dilation.

''The Hafele–Keating experiment was a test of the theory of relativity. In October 1971, Joseph C. Hafele, a physicist, and Richard E. Keating, an astronomer, took four cesium-beam atomic clocks aboard commercial airliners. They flew twice around the world, first eastward, then westward, and compared the clocks against others that remained at the United States Naval Observatory. When reunited, the three sets of clocks were found to disagree with one another, and their differences were consistent with the predictions of special and general relativity.''

''According to special relativity, the rate of a clock is greatest according to an observer who is at rest with respect to the clock. In a frame of reference in which the clock is not at rest, the clock runs more slowly, as expressed by the Lorentz factor. This effect, called time dilation,''

According to time dilation and relativity , the basics are that  time slows down when things are moving in comparison to an observer at rest at ground state .  This was evidentially shown to be true by the Caesium atoms  9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation at ground state that was equal to one second, changing , producing a different rate  when in motion showing time slowed down by relative motion compared to a ground state rest mass. Of cause if one knows time can change, then one can also presume time travel is possible and likes.   Evidentially all must be known about time and Minkowski space-time and relativity must be correct.   That would be an assumption someone who was not curious would make and settle to be the answer.

The rate of a clock is greatest according to an observer who is at rest with respect to the clock, in considering this, something is just not quite right, I am at rest relative to my clock that is at rest, I already know that A||B ||C||D at ground state, so now I am going to consider (E) an atomic clock/caesium clock in motion in respect to the ground state of myself, my clock, my imaginary Caesium clock, and the said independent time.  {A||B ||C||D } is-not-parallel-imageE  which means E is not parallel to  A,B,C.D  and is independent of A,B,C,D.

According to Minkowski and Einstein, time is independent of matter and exists independently as a space-time,  but my simple thought experiment shows the atomic clock/Caesium atom is independent from the ground state times and space-time.  The effect of time rate slowing down  in this instance was only experienced dependently by the Clock in motion independent of any other mass or space.

This then leads me to what time actually is.

3-Absolute Time is the dependent rate of decay of independent physical bodies/particles. (such as the Caesium atom)

3.1- This state of time is all of concrete existence, a rate that remains constant if the observer remains stationary at a ground state in an initial reference frame and a constant of gravitational influence.  Motion stretches this time, a change in rate of time by displacement of the gravitational force constant having effect on frequency rate.

Principle rule 1 – All independent observers of time, independently occupy their own time frame.

Principle rule 2- State 1 and state 2 are dependent for all observers, where as state 3 is independent for all observers.

And that is what time is

Check mate...
« Last Edit: 13/11/2015 02:28:24 by Thebox »

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13/11/2015 05:54:00 »

Mr Mach  ( great person ) (very high  Classic Mechanic Level)

Maxwell (very high  Classic Mechanic Level)

(  I'm machine engineer during my work 
I'm  using 3D programs to evaluate tensions inside construction
  BUT Maxwell wrote  many good equations to evaluate tensions without computer )

My name is Maciej Marian Marosz ( Poland City Wałbrzych )
In 2012 I solved 400 years old problem for physics ( Am I moving  ?  )

Gallileo 1600 He didn't  use fact about that light is pushing objects

Maxwell 1861 He told that Light is pushing objects

Marosz  2012  I measured absolute motion ( light = typical classic mechanic preasure )

AND WE CAN USE  Pascals To evaluate motion !!!

MICHELSON - MORLEY - MAROSZ
(DYNAMICA EDITION  2012 Poland)

How big force is registering left /right wall ( intensity ? ) 
1 NOT EXIST C+V !
2 where 3D signal started?
3  where are  walls ? 

MY FIRST TEST

I WAITING FOR RESPECT .... SOMEONE NEED INFORM NOBEL ORG !!!
RIGHT NOW BELOW PICTURE ARE VERY STRANGE FOR YOU  BUT ALL IS VERY SIMPLE

EM preasure = Typical Preasure !!

BELOW PICTURE IS NOT SOO GOOD ( we can not go faster than C )  but Speed and Intensity ( preasure level )
we can describe by function !!

DEAR PEOPLE PLEASE START USE MY GPS SYSTEM !! IT IS COMPASS

EACH MATERIAL NEED SEPARATE MASTER FOR ONE Kg

we have in physics NORMAL air's preasur
NORMAL TEMPERATURE

we WILL HAVE NORMAL EM READIATION !!!

I WAITING FOR  UNIVERSITY of CABRIDGE !!!
 YOU HAVE TO REPEAT MANY OF MY TEST

« Last Edit: 13/11/2015 07:07:56 by machmarosz »

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13/11/2015 05:57:37 »

BELOW WORDS ( SIMILAR ) YOU HAVE INSIDE EACH BOOK !! IT IS FALSE !!
WE CAN MEASURE ABSOLUTE TIME and MOTION !!!

Galilean relativity - fundament for modern physics
source : http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node47.html

Imagine a person inside a ship which is sailing on a perfectly smooth lake at constant speed. This passeneger is in the ship's windowless hull and, despite it being a fine day, is engaged in doing mechanical experiments (such as studying the behavior of pendula and the trajectories of falling bodies). A simple question one can ask of this researcher is whether she can determine that the ship is moving (with respect to the lake shore) without going on deck or looking out a porthole.
Since the ship is moving at constant speed and direction she will not feel the motion of the ship. This is the same situation as when flying on a plane: one cannot tell, without looking out one of the windows, that the plane is moving once it reaches cruising altitutde (at which point the plane is flying at constant speed and direction). Still one might wonder whether the experiments being done in the ship's hull will give some indication of the its motion. Based on his experiments Galileo concluded that this is in fact impossible: all mechanical experiments done inside a ship moving at constant speed in a constant direction would give precisely the same results as similar experiments done on shore.
The conclusion is that one observer in a house by the shore and another in the ship will not be able to determine that the ship is moving by comparing the results of experiments done inside the house and ship. In order to determine motion these observers must look at each other. It is important important to note that this is true only if the ship is sailing at constant speed and direction, should it speed up, slow down or turn the researcher inside can tell that the ship is moving. For example, if the ship turns you can see all things hanging from the roof (such as a lamp) tilting with respect to the floor
Generalizing these observations Galileo postulated his relativity hypothesis:

any two observers moving at constant speed and direction with respect to one another will obtain the same results for all mechanical experiments
(it is understood that the apparatuses they use for these experiments move with them).
In pursuing these ideas Galileo used the scientific method (Sec. 1.2.1): he derived consequences of this hypothesis and determined whether they agree with the predictions.
This idea has a very important consequence: velocity is not absolute. This means that velocity can only be measured in reference to some object(s), and that the result of this measurment changes if we decide to measure the velocity with respect to a diferent refernce point(s). Imagine an observer traveling inside a windowless spaceship moving away from the sun at constant velocity. Galileo asserted that there are no mechanical experiments that can be made inside the rocket that will tell the occupants that the rocket is moving . The question ``are we moving'' has no meaning unless we specify a reference frame (``are we moving with respect to that star'' is meaningful). This fact, formulated in the 1600's remains very true today and is one of the cornerstones of Einstein's theories of relativity.
************************************************************************************

Offline puppypower

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13/11/2015 12:30:52 »
 If we have a person in a plane looking out the window at the earth or someone on earth looking at the plane, both may see each other moving at V. If two things are in relative motion, an energy balance can be used to tell us the hierarchy of motion.

For example, a plane moving at V will require much less energy than the earth moving at V. If we know the energy;  equal to 1000 gallons of fuel,  we know the plane has to be the one with genuine motion, since this amount of energy is not enough energy to move the earth at V. Energy is the way you see through the relative reference magic trick.

In the twin paradox, one twin remains on earth and the other twin is sent into space. Although both twins appear to have relative motion, to each other, only one twin will age less. Only the twin with the energy will have their time change in a tangible way; stay younger. The moving twin may assume the stationary twin is in relative motion but the clock of the earth twin does no slow in a real way when they meet. It was an illusion.

In special relativity, there are three terms, one for distance, time and mass. The relativistic mass was put there for an energy balance. If we only use 2 out of 3 variables; space-time, there is no way to determine who is moving and therefore there is a tendency to assume there is no absolute reference in the universe. Conservation of energy on the other hand, 3 of 3, implies an absolute hierarchy of reference, since the earth moving or the plane moving impose two different energy levels to the universe.

Say we assume relative motion in the universe, because things are so spread out and will never meet for use to do an energy balance.  If we assume the wrong reference as the standard reference, we can unknowing add or subtract energy from the universe. This will then require we add fudge factors to make up for the things that appear to need more or less energy.

For example, if we assume the earth is moving and the plane is stationary, but I only had 1000 gallons of fuel, I now need to figure out a way to add enough energy to move the earth. If this cannot be explained with normal physics, I may need to add some new physics to make it work out on paper. I may not be able to see this new physics in the lab, but it is needed to close the energy balance.

Offline puppypower

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13/11/2015 13:11:52 »
If you look at the flow of time, you cannot go back into time.  Rather time keeps moving forward. I can't go back to being a teenager or go back to an earlier time in history, except in science fiction. The flow of time is analogous to the direction of entropy in the sense the entropy of the universe needs to increase; one direction. Like time, the entropy of the universe does not spontaneously go backwards to where it was in the past. Both universal  time and entropy flow in one direction.

When we measure time, we use methods, like clocks or the vibration of an atom, which occur in cycles. This is not the way time flows. The pendulum swinging, the second hand making a rotation, or the atom vibrating, is not how time flows, except in religious concepts, where death is a new birth. The flow of time is not cyclic, only the measurement of time is cyclic. This can lead to problems in terms of defining time.

I did the silly example of the fish clock, where time is based on when the fresh fish spoils at any given temperature. This is an example of an entropy clock. We can't unspoil the fish, therefore this is not a cyclic clock, but remains true to the nature of the flow of time.

The hour glass, where sand falls, is closer to an entropy clock than a modern clock. This will not reverse itself, unless we add energy to flip it. The added energy is not part of time, but alters the nature of time, into a cycle. Clocks are way to do flip the hour glass more efficiently, but we now portray time as a continuous cycle, which is not how time flows.

If you look at time and GR, clocks run slower in the center of gravity; bottom of the space-time well. This is where gravitational potential energy is lowest. We cooler gravitational energy has  chilled the fish clock so it spoils, slower.

The idea of curved space-time implies curving time into a cycle, which is not how time flows. This is like flipping the hour glass. This may be useful and have practical value but time does not curve onto itself and repeat. Only clocks do that.
« Last Edit: 13/11/2015 13:17:50 by puppypower »

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13/11/2015 14:43:42 »
"If you look at the flow of time, you cannot go back into time.  Rather time keeps moving forward. I can't go back to being a teenager or go back to an earlier time in history,"

DEAR puppypower

TIME IS ABSOLUTE AND JOUST FLOW  !!!

I SPEAK ABOUT METHABOLISM ( How big force is registering Each small electron in Your Body !!!)

10 yeasr after start  below pictuere is very real !!! ( all three brothers will be older ) !!!
but methabolism for people is not the same !!!

EACH ELECTRON IS REGISTERING WHERE ARE OTHER BODIES IN UNIVERSE !!!

ELECTRONS ARE MOVING NOT ONLY RESPECT TO  ATOM's CENTER !!!!

ELECTRONS ARE MOVING  RESPECT TO  MANY MANY BODIES IN UNIVERSE
« Last Edit: 13/11/2015 14:45:39 by machmarosz »

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13/11/2015 14:47:46 »
 If we have a person in a plane looking out the window at the earth or someone on earth looking at the plane, both may see each other moving at V. If two things are in relative motion, an energy balance can be used to tell us the hierarchy of motion.

WHERE IS ENERGY ???? WHERE ENERGY STARTED LIFE ? HAW BIG DENSITY ?

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13/11/2015 14:49:16 »
NOT EXIST C + V !!!

WHERE IS pi = 3,14 .... ?

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14/11/2015 02:50:59 »

YOU NOT WAN TO ACCEPT MY DISCOVERY ??? WHY ???

THEORY :
James Clerk Maxwell, in 1861–64, published his theory of electromagnetic fields and radiation, which shows that light has momentum and thus can exert pressure on objects.

SI units :
ENERGY / SPACE  =  [ Joul / cubic meters  = Newton *meter / cubic meters  =  N/m^2 ]

EM wave is pushing AIR !!! AIR= SATELLITE FOR MANY BODIES IN UNIVERSE !!!

Air is dancing !!! and Light is pushing AIR !!!

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14/11/2015 02:52:57 »

above very simple ilustrations 
HOW AND WHY YOU ARE  TRUSTING MR EINSTEIN ???

0,001 mm  sheet has got near 100 m^2  area !!!

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14/11/2015 03:02:03 »

I'm Engineer !!! I'm Engineer I LOVE USE PHYSICS TO CREATE and GIVE PEOPLE GIFTS

they not want to take , they are sleeping ....

Einstein this ... Einstein that ...  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ? ( do you have brain or you repeat ? Beeee... Beee)

WHY YOU ARE CLOSING FOR TALENT ???

YOU NOT WANT TO HELP ME ? ... who need my brain ? ARMY ? NASA ?

MY UP SKY BEAM COST 5 U$D

BMW wrote me Email MR Marosz we not understand YOUR UP BEAM PATENT

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT WORLD ....

Offline machmarosz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14/11/2015 03:12:54 »
I WROTE  e- mail to LIGO TEAM

PLEASE BUY CHEAP CAMERA AND DO MY TEST IN YOUR PIPE WITH CHEAP LASER

" Dear Marosz OUR LABOLATORY is TESTING ONLY EINSTEIN's BRAIN "

:):):)

BELOW MY TEST = VERY PRECISION IDEA HOW TO FIND UNIVERSE CENTER

about LIGO

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO

about my STUPID STUPID :) UNREAL TEST :)

MAROSZ's BROKEN BEAM TEST

1.  Laser is working  and is hot
2 . BLUE ELEMENT is  bloking laser beam 

WE Open/Close  BLUE ELEMENT in very SHORT TIME  Tw = 1/300 000 sec

BLUE ELEMENT IS CLOSED LIGHT MADE ONLY 1 km  !!!

????

???

INSIDE PIPE I HAVE VACUUM !

ENERGY IS INSIDE PIPE !

PIPE AND EARTH ARE MOVING !!!

------------------------------PIPE------------------------------------

>>LIGHT>>>>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

^
  ^ 30 km/s
  ^

PIPE and  1 km long beam inside = CLOSED SYSTEM

WHERE ENERGY IS ?  WHERE ENERGY WILL BE ?

IS ENERGY MOVING WITH PIPE ?

THEORY :

SI units :

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pTKzCOx-RBk/VjYaYO9dLCI/AAAAAAAACf8/P_jD_hugETg/s1600/c.jpg
« Last Edit: 14/11/2015 03:23:00 by machmarosz »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #20 on: 14/11/2015 03:12:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums