The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Space grid  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Grubb

• First timers
    • View Profile
Space grid
« on: 07/01/2007 18:57:14 »
Hi All,

I've had a little theory for some time, not sure if it's ever been used, probably has.

If matter is bunched energy....

Then what if energy is bunched space?

This could explain why space is expanding, given that entropy could break energy down into space.

I know some might quote about the conservation of energy, but if it's breaking down at such levels we can't measure, why not?

Just a thought.

Grubb. (UK Suffolk).

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Space grid
« Reply #1 on: 08/01/2007 00:09:50 »
It's an original idea. My compliments to you.

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2007 12:46:27 »
I agree with you and have always thought this ever since I started to study physics seriously more than 50 years ago

I now understand that this is in fact what most theoreticions feel is most likely to be the final answer when a theory of everything is sorted out so you are in good company.  Its just that they tend not to express it quite so simply as that and they work in rather more dimensions than we are familiar with. The most popular number is currently around eleven dimensions of space time most of which are curled up and incredibly tiny.

I will go further than you and suggest that the "bunching" process is a vortex a bit like the sort of persistant eddies you get when you drag a stick through water.  These eddies behave like strings and smoke rings and vibrate and interact to produce the universe that we know.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2007 12:46:27 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length