The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: God  (Read 11762 times)

Offline nature boy

• View Profile
God
« on: 08/01/2007 11:51:49 »
Does such a thing exist,if so why did he make some people look really ugly and suffer when there is no fault on their part.they suffer mental stress and emotional humiliation just because they dont look good.
Hoe can a human being be responsible for his facial features?

Offline Radrook

• View Profile
    • http://varietygalore.com
God
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/2007 22:23:27 »
We aren't responsible.
But neither was this a part of GOd's original design.
The Bible explains it as a consequence of inherited sin.
It also tells us that this unjust world is only temporary.

Offline nature boy

• View Profile
God
« Reply #2 on: 12/01/2007 08:40:55 »
By giving a biblical quotation you have added up to thr sufferings of normal looking guys.You mean to say all who are considered bad looking are SINNERS.Absolute stupidity.

Why at all sin be inherited?if you are a sinner get your punishment right away.why shoud it be carried over to the next generation or your next life?

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #3 on: 12/01/2007 16:30:26 »
the definition of sinners are not those who are bad.  There is actually a very loose definition.  The basic and truest definiton of a sinner, is everybody.

God has a reason for everything, though we may not know why.  He would take a otherwise horrible situation and turn even greater good from it.

Sin is inherited because it is taught.  Adam and Eve became sinners from the Devil, and through raising their children, taught it to their children.  It is a very unfortunate series, but it has allowed for so many more people to be born and go to heaven.

What other arguments do you have, and what does your heart tell you?

Offline gecko

• View Profile
God
« Reply #4 on: 15/01/2007 01:56:01 »

peoples attachment to the idea of original sin is because most people feel guilty about their very comfortable, pleasurable lives. they feel like the have to "earn" it, or suffer for it, even though they dont. its also a way to cope with unjust truths, like your example of physically and mentally handicapped people who are completely innocent. they like to say "it must be for a greater good, god knows what hes doing" etc. but really its just unfortunate and unjust. because there is no justice. its sad but with help these people can lead decent lives.

Offline nature boy

• View Profile
God
« Reply #5 on: 16/01/2007 08:33:38 »
Excellent gecko,that is pretty rational explanation.

Offline science_guy

• View Profile
God
« Reply #6 on: 07/02/2007 16:22:27 »
*sigh...*

I've been through my fair share of sorrows in my life.  People who died, losing a parent, and being hated at school for no particular reason.  But recently I have questioned what kind of person I would be If i did not know sadness.  I think that i would be just like the people who enjoy making people's lives miserable, and as I am now, I dont want to be like that.  If God just saved everyone from sorrow, how many people would just become cold and seek to ruin more people's days?  I would say that people who have bad experiences are all the better for it.  I can speak for them.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #7 on: 07/02/2007 18:28:58 »
that raises another question...does the Gieco Gecko really exist too? hmmm..that is really the ultimate question...

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #8 on: 08/02/2007 17:04:13 »
Does such a thing exist,if so why did he make some people look really ugly and suffer when there is no fault on their part.they suffer mental stress and emotional humiliation just because they dont look good.
Hoe can a human being be responsible for his facial features?

Ugliness and beauty are human concepts they are illusion. We suffer because over them because we put value on them and the opinions of others. If you saw the magnificentness that is your true nature you would be free of all suffering. 

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #9 on: 09/02/2007 01:15:51 »
Absolutely, Hadrian. Had it not been for developing a very serious crippling disease - arthritis - at 21 - I could never have been driven inside myself and found what little peace I have. NOR, more importantly, would the greatness of love I receive from others who for some reason like me, be in my life at all. There is a law student at a university about 8 hours away from where I live, who makes special provisions to come to town just to talk with me. I don't know if she gets any help out of these conversations but the love I receive is astounding. And I have been plagued with being rather ill most of my life. Sex is not involved.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #10 on: 09/02/2007 03:06:23 »
Absolutely, Hadrian. Had it not been for developing a very serious crippling disease - arthritis - at 21 - I could never have been driven inside myself and found what little peace I have. NOR, more importantly, would the greatness of love I receive from others who for some reason like me, be in my life at all. There is a law student at a university about 8 hours away from where I live, who makes special provisions to come to town just to talk with me. I don't know if she gets any help out of these conversations but the love I receive is astounding. And I have been plagued with being rather ill most of my life. Sex is not involved.

I see plenty of reason that they like you.  Your attitude & personality is priceless, and you've brought a smile to my face on numerous occasions!  My guess is the law student that comes to visit you feels just as blessed by you as you do her. :)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #11 on: 09/02/2007 03:20:37 »
I agree with Carolyn, JimBob !....well...you know how I feel sir !

Jimmy Boy is one of the most welcome members of this forum....highly intelligent with a very sharp wit !...too many wonderful attributes to mention here and his modesty prevents me from citing them all.

Believe you me...that student who visits you is not just a wonderful human being but she gets just as much back as you receive. You may not realize it but you give her just as much !!....like you give us  !!

*sheepy grabs for a  tissue and blows his wet nose into it*  :)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #12 on: 09/02/2007 03:33:15 »
*sigh...*

I've been through my fair share of sorrows in my life.  People who died, losing a parent, and being hated at school for no particular reason.  But recently I have questioned what kind of person I would be If i did not know sadness.  I think that i would be just like the people who enjoy making people's lives miserable, and as I am now, I dont want to be like that.  If God just saved everyone from sorrow, how many people would just become cold and seek to ruin more people's days?  I would say that people who have bad experiences are all the better for it.  I can speak for them.

Science_Guy !

I am moved to read this from you....especially even more so at your tender age!......very wise beyond your years.

You have recognized something in yourself that I did not realize in myself until I was much older than what you are now...and I try to apply a philosophy learned by it when ever I am down.

You say that that you have learned from bad experiences and more importantly you say you are better for it. Good !...cos you are !!...very much so !!

What I have learned is that I need my pain !!..It helps keep me in check and I derive strength from it.  I try to derive a positive from every negative !..it may come a lot later...but there is always something to be gained. This way you know that what ever the circumstances, however bad...however traumatic...that every cloud does indeed have a silver lining !

Those people who derive joy from making others miserable just demonstrates how sad they really are...I almost feel sorry for them that their only route to satisfaction is at the downfall of others....how pathetic of them...but also very sad !........I would turn it on it's head and say that the reason they did this to you is because YOU are Special.....they ARE jealous.....and they need to belittle you to make themselves feel tall !!...and you know why else they do it ?...because they can not make themselves feel tall by themselves !!..it just has to be at the cost of another persons happiness !

You done good kid.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #13 on: 09/02/2007 05:20:15 »
Hi Science Guy!  I have to agree with Neil.  Your words were very moving. 

I'm so impressed that as a young man you're able to see this in yourself and others.  This puts you so far ahead of the game.

The sorrow and sadness in our lives serves a purpose.  We can let it break us and turn us into mean, bitter, unhappy people...or we can accept and embrace it, and learn from it.  We can become stronger and more compassionate individuals.  Again I have to agree with Neil, I also derive strength from my pain.  I've learned from my pain and sadness that I can overcome and accomplish anything, and so can you.

If people hate you, it's only because they are sad, miserable people and their lives are empty.  Don't let their attitudes bring you down.  You are a bright young man, and it's an honor to see you on this forum.

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #14 on: 09/02/2007 08:11:49 »
Suffering is our teacher. It is there to be overcome with compassion and love and by travelling the path to the truth of our true nature. When we stop grasping and accept suffering is the creation of the mind or ego that is resisting our true nature. Then it dissolves and our light shines true for all to see. We are not our pain. To be trap by it is to put it on like a mask that this projects out to others. It then seeks to exist by attaching to the pain and suffering of the world, till in the end you take it on and become it. You see only suffering, feel only suffering. To be free is to see it for what it is, the nature of the mind from where all suffering comes and not our true nature which is not of the analytical egoic mind but is………………   

With a joyful hart

I stand on the edge of nothingness with my arms apart
What is before me as is behind me is neither I nor not I
Do not fall a much as give like the air gives to you hand
With a child's eye you see a universe in a grain of sand
In one moment of essence all time it is neither I nor not I
I sink in love now in to eternal emptiness with a joyful heart

Offline science_guy

• View Profile
God
« Reply #15 on: 13/02/2007 16:37:09 »
I am moved to read this from you....especially even more so at your tender age!......very wise beyond your years.

really? thanks...

I stand on the edge of nothingness with my arms apart
What is before me as is behind me is neither I nor not I
Do not fall a much as give like the air gives to you hand
With a child's eye you see a universe in a grain of sand
In one moment of essence all time it is neither I nor not I
I sink in love now in to eternal emptiness with a joyful heart

thats a very good poem!

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #16 on: 13/02/2007 23:03:44 »
thank you for saying so my friend  :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #17 on: 14/02/2007 05:47:00 »
very well done friends you've done gone and made me cry again !! lol good crying... SCIENCE GUY..YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!

Offline Captain Jesus

• First timers
  • Captain Jesus
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #18 on: 14/02/2007 21:51:21 »
Look...You Can't Seriously Quote Anything From The Bible To Back Up A Point Of View. You Can Find Support From The Bible For Any Statement You're For If You Look Hard Enough. I'm Not Saying That The Bible Is Wrong...Just That It May Be Right, Too Right.

Offline GOD

• View Profile
God
« Reply #19 on: 15/02/2007 15:17:23 »
Hi There,

just popping in again to remind you all that I do not exist.

It is hard work not existing , so please adopt a more spiritual

outlook rather than placing your hopes in a supreme being like I am not !

Your world would be a much better place.

See you

Offline science_guy

• View Profile
God
« Reply #20 on: 15/02/2007 15:41:33 »
There is an annoying timely arrival for this name...

Question:  Who made a second ID for this purpose?

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #21 on: 18/02/2007 16:31:19 »
i meet God on the forum

i meet God on the forum
and God was very smart
God  had all the answers
God saw them in my heart
        i meet God on the forum
and do you want to know
what that God told me
was just tap into the flow
        i meet God on the forum
got myself enlightened
God was really laughing
i was kind of frightened
        i meet God on the forum
behold he is a all men
God is well and kicking
creating all as he can
        i meet God on the forum
he gave a lovely speech
you didn't have to listen
it's just being in his reach
        i meet God on the forum
he sent me a final post
it all in the living man
come and join the host

Hadrian
« Last Edit: 18/02/2007 19:24:54 by Hadrian »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #22 on: 18/02/2007 17:23:44 »
Nice Hadrian.

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
God
« Reply #23 on: 18/02/2007 19:28:44 »

Thanks Carolyn

jolly

God
« Reply #24 on: 24/02/2007 17:23:42 »
hey nature boy, people suffer because they choose too. (budism) god doesn't kill people people, people do. as god made man free so if god stops someone evil killing he stop them being free.
A contradiction so god wont stop them. If man in his freedom destroys the world God cant step in(if there is one).

If you love yourself do you not see that no matter what happens to you, you still like who you are and don't blame yourself or feel down.
Hurricane Carter spent how many years in prison, and he was innocent, framed by the police. and yet when he left prison what did he say? "in the end i like myself".
If you like yourself you don't suffer, if you don't fight you don't suffer, if you feel pain and fight it you suffer if you except it you still feel it but don't suffer.
God doesn't make people suffer to hurt them but to help them as getting out of suffering makes you a happier and better person. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Suffering is a choice as the buddist believe. buddist state life is suffering. unless you become enlightened.

With regards to attraction, ugly and good looking are decided by us not god.

Do not fear, for fear is the mind killer!!!!!!  
« Last Edit: 02/07/2007 23:22:37 by jolly »

The Naked Scientists Forum

God
« Reply #24 on: 24/02/2007 17:23:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums