The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Tulips & Tulip Trees !!  (Read 15587 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #25 on: 19/03/2007 03:41:00 »
Karen Mam,

That's a very nasty fungus you have growing on your left shoulder !

another_someone

Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #26 on: 19/03/2007 03:45:35 »
I wanted to take my zeta picture in the purple dress and lay it on its side really little under the tree, I don't get it! do I have to take it from my pictures and do I do the same with the tree? how do I make 1 picture from two?

You need some photo editing software - it depends on what software you are using as to exactly how you do it.

I was using something called Picture Windows, although I also have Serif Photoplus, and have in the past used Paintshop Pro, although the more common one is Adobe Photoshop.

The first thing you want to do is create a mask for one or both of the pictures.  The mask is used to remove the unwanted background from the picture (that is what I used to remove the furniture and other background in the picture that contained you).

You then need to scale the pictures as appropriate, and simply merge or overlay them (most photo editors will use layers, so you simply place the two pictures in two layers, and then merge the layers - in Picture Windows it does it slightly differently, but has the same effect).

And voila, you have a composite picture.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #27 on: 19/03/2007 04:06:26 »
LAND OF THE GIANTS...LOL Yes Yes that one is good!!! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #28 on: 19/03/2007 04:10:13 »
Karen Mam,

That's a very nasty fungus you have growing on your left shoulder !

Yes indeedy it is!!

I love it..LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #29 on: 19/03/2007 04:46:31 »
I wanted to take my zeta picture in the purple dress and lay it on its side really little under the tree, I don't get it! do I have to take it from my pictures and do I do the same with the tree? how do I make 1 picture from two?

You need some photo editing software - it depends on what software you are using as to exactly how you do it.

I was using something called Picture Windows, although I also have Serif Photoplus, and have in the past used Paintshop Pro, although the more common one is Adobe Photoshop.

The first thing you want to do is create a mask for one or both of the pictures.  The mask is used to remove the unwanted background from the picture (that is what I used to remove the furniture and other background in the picture that contained you).

You then need to scale the pictures as appropriate, and simply merge or overlay them (most photo editors will use layers, so you simply place the two pictures in two layers, and then merge the layers - in Picture Windows it does it slightly differently, but has the same effect).

And voila, you have a composite picture.

I'll play with it and see what I can do. I have ulead photo so I don't know what else may be on here!!

another_someone

Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #30 on: 19/03/2007 04:48:21 »
Oh, I forget to also mention that if someone is sloppy when they take the original photo, like lopping the tip off the tree, you may need to stick a bit of the tree back on the top so that the tree has a proper top to it :)

another_someone

Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #31 on: 19/03/2007 04:52:55 »
The software I mostly use is:

http://dl-c.com/content/view/23/54/

You can have a 30 day evaluation copy to play with.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #32 on: 19/03/2007 05:05:33 »
Thanks george!! I will check it out!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Tulips & Tulip Trees !!
« Reply #32 on: 19/03/2007 05:05:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums