The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: I am Bored. Nobody is posting???  (Read 72038 times)

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
  • FOGger to the unsuspecting
    • View Profile
I am Bored. Nobody is posting???
« Reply #100 on: 25/06/2007 09:56:32 »
Well I have just finished putting together a 16 shoe sho cubicle that had 50 side and top oblong panels and 17 square end panels leaving the finished cubicle with seventeen finished oblong enclosures and  and 3 endless partiall finished oblong enclosures

Imelda Marcos is alive and well, and living in Karens house!

(morning Karen/Imelda!)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 25/06/2007 10:04:22 »
LOL LOL Good morning Stuart and thank God some one is alive and awake.. I have been so bored!..LOL

What have you been doing on this fine day! Care to join me for a a hot cappiccino Denty??

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 25/06/2007 10:12:45 »
Yes indeedy! I'm due another coffee, only one so far today, and I'm beginning to slow.......

It was a late start this morning, didn't get to work until 9 ish. I'm usually in a about 8. Toby was up during the night for bladder emptying, but then saw "scary" things and was up another 3 times. It's always timed to be when you're just nodding off again, and each time it takes longer to get back to sleep. So, when the alarm went off at 6, I just knocked it off and fell asleep again till 7:30.

This morning so far, I've edited an introduction for a science publication going out this month on the relative merits of plantation or "close-to-nature" forestry, caught up on my emails, sent some, and a couple of other menial tasks that have to be done. You're coffee invitation sounds like an ideal break opportunity! I'll just be round......

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 25/06/2007 10:15:32 »
 SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.. WHIPPED CREAM??

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 25/06/2007 10:17:17 »
I hope he is alright this morning.. Kids are funny what they think they see sometimes.. LOL who's kidding who, I still see scary things too and I am an adult!! I think! LOL Sorry your sleep was interrupted so!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 25/06/2007 10:19:40 »
Hey.. have you ever heard of John Burnham Schwartz?? He is an Author.. Have you read anything he has written?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 25/06/2007 10:23:08 »
He has written two others.. Besides the one I bought to read this week! "Bicycle days" and "Reservation road".. I think he is pretty new. and has only these three. The one I am starting is called "Claire Marvel". I hope it is a good read. I like to try out new authors and find fun new writers!

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 25/06/2007 10:29:21 »
Double espresso with frothed full-fat milk please! Do you have these? In Germany they're called " Milschschäumer"

You put 100ml on full-fat milk in, microwave it for a minute, use the plunger to froth for about 30 seconds, et voila! Frothy coffee! Sprinkle of cinnamon/chocolate - cappuccino!

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 25/06/2007 10:33:14 »
Hey.. have you ever heard of John Burnham Schwartz?? He is an Author.. Have you read anything he has written?

No I haven't - but Reservation Road is being made into a film (that's "Motion Picture" to you guys). Is it good?

paul.fr

« Reply #109 on: 25/06/2007 10:34:55 »
morning stuart and karen

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 25/06/2007 10:39:00 »
Morning Paul! How was your weekend? (Should we move to diaries amd chat?)

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 25/06/2007 10:39:28 »
Blimey - he's gone again!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 25/06/2007 10:40:11 »
OOOOOH My Gosh that sounds good. My cappuccino machine steams and froths but that is a cool gadget! I would like that too!

I am in heaven! I love the double cappuccino with the frothed milk! Yummmmmmm! and the cinamon and shredded chocolate please... Thats how I make mine at home.... LOL!! Yummmy7!sometimes I like a fresh mint leaf too!

So far this book is good.. I have only just started it. Its about emotional commitment and the fear of giving yourself to another person.about fathers sons, marraige,  and "elusive  compelling passion!"
"Wisdom, compassion, regrets, hopes" So far so good! LOL

Morning Paul I have been thinking about you all night! How are you and good morning to you also!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 25/06/2007 10:41:35 »
You can post here or there.. I made this topic for when I was bored so its up to you.. you can say what you want here thats why I made it! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 26/06/2007 06:43:59 »
This Place is sure quiet.. I have posted and cannot think of anything else to post about.. Got my leg wraps off today and have real ankle bones..

Did Laundry for the most of the day off and on.
The weather was beautiful here today unlike that in the London area. I have no complaints with my weather.

Wishing on a star and dreaming about things that can't be, wishing I could change other things and make my life different. I am really getting antsy.. and nervous..pretending things are hunky dorey..YES YES THEY ARE AREN'T they..LOL

I need to get me a baby kitty heaven knows there are plenty out there that need a home.. Do I really want one.. yes.. I do.. will it help no..Was a bit windy with the sun today as it was yesterday!

Fancy a nice quiet place by the water in the woods.. Peaceful with birds singing..Listening to the water as it runs over the rocks in the fall rippling down like tears from my eyes.. lost somewhere between now and yesterday.. trying to make since of this puzzle..Perplexed by the intricacy of it's pieces and the complicated way they all come together to make up my life. Sometimes I am completely in the dark and then sometimes the light shines so brightly that it is blinding not only to me but to others around me, so intense that it is suffocating and and yet so pure it overwhelms me with emotion. I am wrought with ups and downs I do not understand.. and everyday I get up again grateful for this place ..grateful for the pieces of reality I find here. Thankful for my friends and grateful to find hope within these forum walls.. something to get me to the next day.. to look forward to talking with a friend or making a new one .. wishing I could just smooth things out in my head so that I could look forward further then just a day or an hour.. wish I could know that tomorrow I will be happy for the new day ..and grateful for my existence in it. Maybe tomorrow I will start over cause everyday is a new beginning ..Yes indeedy everyday is a new beginning..

« Last Edit: 26/06/2007 06:48:27 by Karen W. »

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 26/06/2007 07:09:24 »
do you want a girl kitty or a boy kitty karen?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 26/06/2007 07:24:18 »
I like girl kitties.. They don't spray as much! LOL

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 26/06/2007 07:27:33 »
yes that's what we always had too... for that very reason

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 26/06/2007 07:59:44 »
Yeah I really hate the smell of cat pee! LOL who doesn't but you gotta love em! they are great!
« Last Edit: 09/07/2007 05:02:15 by Karen W. »

Offline dentstudent

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 26/06/2007 08:02:02 »
I don't think girlie cats pee in that way at all. I've had a succeession of cats, toms and er, lady cats (?). It's only the toms that spray if they've not been neutered.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 26/06/2007 08:04:16 »
I don't think girlie cats pee in that way at all. I've had a succeession of cats, toms and er, lady cats (?). It's only the toms that spray if they've not been neutered.

That is precisely why I want a girlie cat, as they don't spray! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 26/06/2007 08:06:18 »

That is precisely why I want a girlie cat, as they don't spray! LOL

I said as much becaue there were a couple times when a new female came to reside that my old fixed female would pee on things just because it was her area.. I was of course reading her mind! LOL
« Last Edit: 09/07/2007 05:03:54 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 28/06/2007 02:11:37 »
Well today the Chimpanzee Bill died. He was Older then me and had lived here inn our LOcal zoo for my whole life! I loved him... I feel like I lost my brother....Silly , how people attach themselves to pets and animals that fill their lives with laughter and joy and sadness, and memeories.. I will will miss bill a LOt. I have been visiting him weekly since I was a baby.. sometimes I would get in trouble cause my family would say where have you been so long...?I just said what's it matter..They'd think I was nuts, maybe they were right,,,I can't believe it... My brother Tim was merciless and was always teasing BIll, I remember him reaching down and grabbing a handful of POO,,Hee,Hee, and sailing it through the bars, clocked me brother twice up side of his head with a couple nice fresh piles.. ha ha ha ha ha ha...I loved that chimp....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 29/06/2007 09:55:08 »
It's dark..there are  clouds outside. It was 8o degrees all day . sun was out until noon.. then it clouded over.. started to rain and it was still 80 degrees outside it was muggy and hot.. and sticky like last year around this time.. I remember a bit of a heat wave for my UK friends.. It was hot like here today its been hot for days now.
I really want a new kitty. I miss my job my students, my work..my life.. I don't know what to do with myself,,walks puzzles reading..more walks feet up. more reading here..

My friend moved away.. She got a cool place with her husband and daughter..in Oregon.I am happy for her. I miss her.

My kitchen stove broke on thanksgiving last fall so I have not had a cook stove since then.. so I bought one today.. Works good.. Cooked a roast.. it was great..
 wish I had something interesting floating around in my head, but I am not very interesting. was thinking how much I wish I could get down into the woods to my old favorite spot.. a little waterfall coming from a underground spring next to my home..There were trilliums and blue bells in the spring. The bushes have all grown over, and the trail is long since gone. I used to go sit there as a girl when I was scared of my step Dad.. It was green and lush and safe.. It was quiet, I could belt out my favorite songs or sing the saddest ones. I would stay there for hours sometimes into the night .. I would sneak a blanket out and sleep there by the water.. I could see the moon and the stars shining down through the tree's ..stars twinkling and playing peekaboo with the branches of the big redwoods that were around me.. There was this one great big Oak tree at the head of the falls, I would climb up close to it and sleep.. There were these old buried wrecked cars that had forest growing over them . they were covered with loads of dirt and everything grew over the top.. there were three side by side.. if it was really cold I would crawl through the brush and climb into that first old car and pull the door shut and sleep inside of it.. All of kids hid there sometimes it was safe...

I remember that spot tonight.. How safe it made me feel when I was small. I wish I could go there again..
« Last Edit: 29/06/2007 10:15:59 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 01/08/2007 11:44:07 »
It has been a day. I am on overload.Everything I ever thought was true in my marriage has been all scrambled up.. even things I thought I could salvage. I don't know what I am feeling.. anger, fear, worry, so many emotions going through my head ..things I cannot speak of..secrets that must remain from my children as they are not my place to reveal..I have been searching my soul..trying to understand... 28 years and the man I thought I knew...is not who I thought he was..I am so confused.I thought that all these years I was so ugly that he just didn't want me....I have felt unloved inadequate Stupid, unattractive...undesirable. Everything I wanted to feel, that one should feel at some time or another was never there.

Now I am confused and hurt.. I do not know what's left.. I am so lost right now, I think beyond reach..I don't know how to respond or help him or me anymore. It's beyond my understanding right now.. and I can feel things shutting down... I can't think straight about anything....he was here earlier and stood in front of me and I just froze.. waiting for him to say well everything will be alright..but he just looked at me blankly as if his eyes were vacant and he was lost too. He stood for what seemed like forever looking through me waiting for me as if I could read his mind.. I wanted to hug him and make it better but.. I couldn't move I just sat there and couldn't move.. tears were rolling and he turned and walked away.I don't know what reality is anymore.. life feels like a big game..so many feelings and I don't understand anything. Maybe I never have or never will.
« Last Edit: 01/08/2007 11:46:20 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #124 on: 01/08/2007 11:44:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums