The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: I am Bored. Nobody is posting???  (Read 71923 times)

Offline WylieE

• View Profile
I am Bored. Nobody is posting???
« Reply #75 on: 22/03/2007 06:19:46 »
no, please don't tell me  :) .At the moment i'm 60 miles from home , not a reccomended bike ride

You need one of these:

40 km/hr not too bad. . .

He's got it all set up too. . .stereo (Ipod) even a cupholder.
http://www.adventuresofgreg.com/24/index.html

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 22/03/2007 06:25:20 »
That is very cool! Very Cool!

paul.fr

« Reply #77 on: 22/03/2007 06:33:32 »
it only take 40 to 50 minutes to get there so it's not too bad. That bike is pretty cool, colleen.

Offline WylieE

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 22/03/2007 06:39:07 »
it only take 40 to 50 minutes to get there so it's not too bad.
Wow, so you can listen to books on tapes (or NPR) or learn a language for an hour and a half every day!  (Of course the Naked Science Podcasts too)

Man, I bet you put a lot of miles on a car in a year. Eeks.

paul.fr

« Reply #79 on: 22/03/2007 06:49:44 »
it only take 40 to 50 minutes to get there so it's not too bad.
Wow, so you can listen to books on tapes (or NPR) or learn a language for an hour and a half every day!  (Of course the Naked Science Podcasts too)

Man, I bet you put a lot of miles on a car in a year. Eeks.

no, a friend i work with gives me a lift so its his car that has the mileage on it. i save my NPR and Naked Scientist for the 3 hour train rides to pick Anastasia up.

paul.fr

« Reply #80 on: 22/03/2007 07:01:17 »
oh well, time to leave. have a good evening you two, catch you later.

Offline WylieE

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 22/03/2007 07:05:17 »
i save my NPR and Naked Scientist for the 3 hour train rides to pick Anastasia up.
Good thing! Probably much safer to listen to some of those puns when you're not in control of a vehicle.  :)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22/03/2007 07:24:51 »
Nite paul!

Offline WylieE

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22/03/2007 07:33:46 »
'nite Karen,
I'll leave you alone with the jokes. . .be careful. . .
Colleen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22/03/2007 07:43:46 »
Nite coleen have a good one. I'll make sure I don't bust a gut laughing.. Although it doesn't sound too bad to me..LOL

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 22/03/2007 09:07:22 »
Two miles, exactly (but I drove-it's a bit late here)

That's virtually working from home, I'm not jealous.....honest.

I work about 1/2 a mile from my home

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 22/03/2007 12:48:04 »
I work from my home.  ;D

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 22/03/2007 14:41:29 »
I loiter in my home.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 22/03/2007 21:12:38 »
hi can i join in?

Only if you buy the beers!  :D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 28/03/2007 04:50:58 »
Well.. hum! On top of old smokey all covered with cheese I lost my poor meat ball when somebody sneezed! It rolled off the table and onto the floor and then my poor meatball rolled right out the door! It rolled down the hillside and under an bush... but now my poor meatball is nothing but mush!....

I have a dear old daddy who's very kind to me.... He has so long of whiskers they drag down to his knees,...
OH....There always in the way there always in the way, they hide the dirt on daddy's shirt, there always in the way!

I have a deer old sister who is very kind to me, she uses daddy's whiskers to strain her spagetti!!! OH...! There always in the way they're always in the way they hide the dirt on daddy's shirt they're always in the way!

I have a dear old brother who is very kind to me... he uses daddy's whiskers to drain his gasoline!! Oh they're always in the way they're always in the way.. they hide the dirt on daddy's shirt they're always in the way! YAYYYYYYY silly kid song no 100000 LOL...
Oh jeepers...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 04/04/2007 06:02:50 »
Well My hair is down and keeps tickling my face.. My brain has stopped processing any thoughts worth thinking about and my telephone light is a pretty orange like Neily's font!
I need to go to the barn and bring my file cabinet into the house. Too many papers and I need to organize things. I have a million papers I need to be separated divided sorted and thrown away but I can't seem to get my head into it to do it. I have photos that need albums and photos that need labeling . I have stamp albums I need to organize and update . I have to find homes for two old console stero phonographs etc. I need to organize my records,Music as well as personal household junk! I need to make something new and beautiful for with my sewing machine.. I have some Old old victorian dress patterns that I wanted to try to make a few of. I have some scarlet Ohara era dress patterns that I love that I would like to make. A couple little girl size ones that would be beautiful dress up costumes for a dramatic play area. Couple little boys knickers patterns. Just don't feel like sewing. Never did get my stereo in my car I want to do that soon. Just bought a wireless thing for my computer,so when I get my laptop I can sit where I want..

Thinking about taking out my attic drop down ladder and installing it myself, else I will never get it in there! Also need to put my new screen door on the front door..LOL as I bought it in 1997 and it is still in it's package! Same as the replacement window for my bedroom. It has been cracked for 20 years, Like ME! I have had the window since 97 also still standing in my bedroom closet! LOL!!!!! aye aye aye!  Need to replace light in bedroom ceiling has faulty wire so bought a new one but do not have it in yet! So much to do.. Hey can I get myself cloned..LOL and still keep my repair manual intact in my brain or do they just do a transplant!!! LOL Where is cranial implant maybe he Could help me with transplant Knowledge!!! Hey Ian where are you!LOL

Maybe I should dig a puzzle out I have a ton of them I like Puzzles...ohhhhh dear... I want to try one of those 3-d castle puzzles.. they look challanging!well.....hummmm...
« Last Edit: 04/04/2007 06:09:36 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 20/06/2007 00:55:49 »
Well, Here I am again...The day is moving along slowly. My brain is feeling empty. I went to the loo and started out and caught sight of my face in the mirror.. Oh lordy My eyes are all puffy ... face was iccky pasty and even though I got 4 hours sleep this morning I am still tired. I have been taking longer breaks from the computer but does nothing but make me feel more lonesome.. visited with my friend to say Goodbye.. and now all I can do is cry...she leaves tomorrow I have said goodbye to my friends for years always hard..this time seems harder still seems like forever..

The sun shined today I took some pictures for the forum in the plant threads..LOL really for (Paul)..in a while I am going to take my self to the river.. and sneak down the bank onto the lower rocks and take some more pictures..LOL..
The light is nice about 7:30pm. The river was looking quite beautiful.

I am defineitely bored stiff. Miss my kids at work..and my coworkers.. and the parents..They are great! I love people so I am going nuts here everyday..

My friend gave me a 3-D puzzle to put together..LOL I love it.. I will be working on it and when I get it together I will take a picture and send her one and post it too!LOL
As if you want to look at my puzzle!

I got  my scanner working but need help converting a scanned picture into a jpeg to upload to my photobucket.. they are in my pictures on the computer, but I cannot seem to get them into photobucket!

anyone can help that would be good.!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 20/06/2007 01:11:29 »
Hey Nix on the Jpeg help! LOL I figured it out with me daughters help! LOL

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 20/06/2007 02:54:59 »
i know i'd like to see your puzzle

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 20/06/2007 03:03:26 »
i know i'd like to see your puzzle
When I get it done..LOL I fixed my scanner and will scan my old sofa pict and post them.. LOL THey look dirty but it wasn't dirt the fibers were worn off in the brown areas..LOL

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 20/06/2007 04:01:44 »
cool

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 20/06/2007 04:28:28 »
Are you having fun this evening? HEE HEE HEE!

Offline kdlynn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 20/06/2007 04:33:05 »
well, work was rough. everyone left early... it was frustrating

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 20/06/2007 05:23:54 »
I am sorry it was frustrating. It was calm here.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 25/06/2007 09:52:07 »
Well I have just finished putting together a 16 hole shoe cubicle that had 50 side and top oblong panels and 17 square end panels leaving the finished cubicle with seventeen finished oblong enclosures and 3 endless partially finished oblong enclosures. 1 extra, long panel with oodles of connectors left over. I guess they thought I would break something or was too stupid and would put it together wrong.. but I fooled them.. LOL I have extra parts and that is never good! LOL.. LOL Really its perfect but they should have gave me three more in caps to finish the extra oblongs off.. LOL! I think they must have included the ten extra sides for replacement s in case some break or something! Which tells me that I may have purchased Cheese instead of quality! LOL.. I watched most of a movie and had quite a time putting that thing together laying down! I cannot wait for ten oclock tomorrow to come so I can loose these stupid wraps.. I feel like Mobey Dick Beached!.. I went to the beach and watched a bunch of kids chasing and stirring up red crabs for fishing. I watched some people flying their kites, and wish I had taken mine. I hook mine up to a fishing line, and then I keep letting it our until it is way the heck up there! It was breezy out there today, but it was perfect. I forgot my sunscreen and got my face a bit red.

I am hot, and icky tonight, and can't sleep! Nobody doing any posting much and so I am also bored, and I have read several posts from all kinds of threads earlier, and  then decided to lay down.

I wonder what cool things you guys built, or put together? OOOOH new thread! 
« Last Edit: 21/12/2009 10:42:43 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #99 on: 25/06/2007 09:52:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length