The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the mechanism behind Gravity?  (Read 10717 times)

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
Re: What is the mechanism behind Gravity?
« Reply #100 on: 20/01/2016 00:45:37 »
I just read somewhere of a quirky hydrogen bond which allows same charges to stick together.  In science, everything is possible, even our ability to understand, if we don't adopt Consensus.
I don't quite know if in science everything is possible is a true statement. There are relevant fields of Human endeavor that do not and can not operate under the auspices of "The Scientific Method". Philosophy coming to mind.
There is no way for science to address the concept of before time. As such science can not only have nothing to say about the instant of it's own prediction of a Big Bang, it has no framework to even start to address it.
But you are right. Until conclusively proven otherwise, everything has to be considered possible.
If consensus was the only way to better approach truth, than we may as well give up as nothing would ever have an avenue to change. That is the path to superstitious religion.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20/01/2016 15:01:14 »
I have thought some more on the mechanism of gravity and I am IMO 99.9% sure I know what the mechanism is, the mechanism being space itself.

It is apparent that when we move an object, where the object was, ''turns'' into space from where a ''solid'' was, space fills the ''gap'' so space must be attracted to space and be a thing that can contract back to ''form''.

Consider this, hypothetically speaking all that exists is contraction and expansion, we know that expansion is caused by positive repelling positive, so contraction being an opposite must be the opposite , and negative attracting negative.

Now try to consider/imagine this, imagine an infinite void that had no physical body but was made of negative energy, the space itself of the void being negative, now imagine that the whole of infinite space is attracted to the whole of infinite space, but also the whole of infinite space is likewise attracted to any singular ''point'' of space.

So any point of space is the center of infinite space, and all of space is attracted to space, so centripetally at a central  single point of the whole of space, space is attracted to this point. negative pressure at these point(s) creating the first kE, which is positive, then the whole of space is attracted to positive and collapses to this center point of the whole of space, and the positive expands while the space continues to contract.  i,e gravity is space, distance between masses is repulsion.

Metal

gases

ice

hydrogen

helium

all show us this.

I would define it -  an isotropic negative point pressure=kE

« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 15:06:30 by Thebox »

Offline paradigm

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 23/01/2016 03:39:31 »
The attraction between bodies called gravity and the attraction between particles called the nuclear forces are both caused by the absorption of emission. This reality forms part of the paradigm of types in cosmology and biology which specifies the construction and evolution of everything in cosmology and biology. See the essay located at home.spin.net.au/paradigm/211.pdf

stephen

Offline Razza

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 24/01/2016 02:20:58 »
 Finally someone understands the fluid dynamics of the universe. Yes space has energy. Yes it is quantised. Yes it doesn’t affect the speed of light yet does affect its wavelength. Yes it is denser near the portals of quarks electrons etc. which sink or gravitate toward each other. Yes there is an anti-universe inhabited by antiparticles which can be forced to briefly flip over into this place and appear as positrons, antineutrons etc. Read ‘Physics Illusions and Revolutions’

The following users thanked this post: MattFaw, Space Flow

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 24/01/2016 08:26:20 »
Read ‘Physics Illusions and Revolutions’
Razza, thank you very much for the reading suggestion. Although familiar with most (not all) of the content, I am really enjoying this historical read.
Very well put together.
Now back to it... [:-)]

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 24/01/2016 14:15:34 »
The attraction between bodies called gravity and the attraction between particles called the nuclear forces are both caused by the absorption of emission.
stephen

No its not, the absorbing of EMR creates kE in the nucleus of the atom that produces +q positive ions that produces the work of expansion. It is only positive that repels positive.   Gravity and the attraction between bodies is negative is attractive to negative.  If quarks were positive they could not join to form a Proton.  Protons emit a positive field. Protons are attracted to protons,

A(neg)+hf=+kE=+q=+W

Space is mass, negative is mass, negative is matter,

positive is anti matter.

Offline MattFaw

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 25/02/2016 08:33:02 »
Yes there is an anti-universe inhabited by antiparticles which can be forced to briefly flip over into this place and appear as positrons, antineutrons etc.
Hi Razza, thanks for commenting.  I'm very curious about your idea.  Can you say more?

Offline Kenyonm

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 02/04/2016 03:14:52 »
Hello again,

I have at last created the formula for the Sorting Force. The core of this that the force that we call gravity is made by the relation of a object or a medium to the medium or object around it.

Lets just look at an object and the medium around it. We are told the mass bends the space time. I have a similar theory that the object and medium create the force together.
The different densities come together and with different Molecular masses change places in the space time. This happens in all directions where there is free movement only.

What is also important is that it is the situation that causes the force. If you are on an airliner and take a bath, you will move up when you inhale as at a density of 970 Kg/ m cubed the Sorting force has the direction up. When you exhale your density is 1030 Kg/m cubed and you move down. The Sorting force direction is down. Water has a density of
1000 Kg/m cubed.

So the Sorting Force has magnitude and direction. It is not always downwards towards the centre of Earth.

In the above example if we remove the airliner and the bath in an instant, the person will still feel no force on average as the water and the person in it fall towards their same natural density layer that is the water. As we know water that falls as rain always makes it back to the sea again due to the Sorting Force created when it is away from the natural density layer, the sea.

Now lets look at the situation of a person falling from height such as a sky diver.

The air density varies with height as does the g value , the air density decreases using a formula that invovles the density = density at sea level x e -1.507749445 x 10 -4 x Altitude. This is devired from the standard formula for air density. The term for g(alt) can be inserted to refine the accuracy with the correct value of g for the height.
The liquids and solids of the Earth are the major contributors of the gravity force which is at it's peak at the surface of the Earth/any other planet/star. g at altitude(x) can be worked out from standard formulae. NB altitude in this formula is from the centre of the earth but in the density formula it is from the surface.

alt =  altitude(x)

So these g(alt) and density(alt) are fed into the Sorting force equation. What this shows is that as the air density is very low say at 120 Km in Altitude it is 2 x 10 to the power -8

The value of g has fallen to 9.80665 x (6370/6491) squared = 9.444444 meters per second squared.

The object density and the air desnity at 120Km altitude are subtracted and this leaves the balanced density as almost the same as the object.
This gives the volume of the object x the balanced density x g at the 120Km Altitude to equal 9.44444 x 0.0728(a typical persons volume) x 1000 (The density of the object)-2x10 to the power -8 (The air density at 120Km) = Sorting Force =687.55555 N
The planet density x radius of the planet x the uvgc = g value at the surface  9.80665     The universal gravity constant is related to Newtons big G value but is more accurate as we know the density and radii of the sun and the planets in a greater accuracy than the masses.

So the Sorting Force formula has three sections in this situation. The g calculator at sea level, the divider that reduces this to be correct at a Altitude, the Volume of the object and the density of the object-the density of the medium, the air at the altitude)

The air as it changed place with the person over and over again causes friction with the relationship between the object and the medium. This resistance is similar to Ohms equation V=I.R so the V is the force created by the friction, I is the velocity of the person and R is the air /person friction.

A person falling flat will have 1 resistance value, another tumbling and anothe if curled up in a ball. Each has a K value lets say.

The Force opposing the Sorting force is F air resistance = K x velocity.

The acceleration due to the sorting force = sorting force/density x volume

The net acceleration = Sorting Force-Air resistance / density x volume object   

Velocity = net acceleration x time, this can be shown on a spreadsheet with 1 second intervals showing the forces, net acceleration and velocity. It shows that a terminal velocity as never reached, the acceleration constantly slows down to it's minimum at ground level where the air density is 1,225 Kg/m cubed.

note volume medium = volume object as the object changes places with the same volume of the medium.

Now lets look at a person again in water which has a density of 1000 Kg per m cubed.
The Sorting force is proportional to the 970-1000 Kg/m cubed balance when exhaled which creates a force of 21.4 N downwards and 1020-1000 Kg/m cubed which creates a Sorting force of 14.2784 N downwards. When the object is less dense than the medium, the sorting force is upwards.

Wood is another classic case, at a density od 500 Kg/m cubed, it is half our density and I have a theory of why this is - see below.
Wood in water. The balanced density is (500-1000), lets suppose the log is the same volume us. The Sorting force is -356 N upwards.
Wood in air. The balanced density is (500-1,225), the sorting force is 356.0875 N downwards 
Person in air at sea level , the balanced desnity =(1000-1.225), the sorting force is 713.049 N downwards. Twice the force on the wood. Wood will fall at 1/2 the rate we do.
This is because it has air trapped within it's structure.

A person on the ground still has the 713.049 N sorting force applied to them. The journey to the natural density level for us, which is the water of a lake or the sea is being blocked by the solid land or the seat you are sitting on. The upward force opposing the Sorting force is what you feel pressing against you.

If you could complete the journey by getting in you car and travelling to the sea side and floating in the sea you would stay in the same level, no force would be felt as no force is applied when the density of the object equals the density of the medium.

This is very important as it clearly says that the gravity is not there all the time and only come in play when the object / medium or the medium/another medium are of different densities.

We are in the density field of the Earth with the densest mediums/objects in the centre and the least dense, the gasses at the outside. When objects are in the wrong place in this density field they are subject to a sorting force to put them back to the right layer. The force comes from the less dense medium moving around you and pushing you down/up.

Why do we have the same desnity as water on average during our breathing cycle?

We were once aquatic and lived in the sea/ inland lake. Perhaps we were amphibians with gills and lungs. Over a long long time our densities evolved to match the density of water. Too dense ones wood not swim as best as the ones with the same density as water. 

We came out of the water where we felt no force and onto land. As soon as we did a sorting force was created to pull us back into the water. We finally wriggled out of the water and somehow evolved legs from our tails and arms from our fins. As we stood up our bones had to grow and that is why we have to tread water when in asat up position in water, our legs are more dense than water and it is our lungs that provide the air inside our structure like wood has.

Our density is still roughly the same as water, it can be conclude therefore that we were in water for a much longer time than we have been out of it. The wood is slowly evolving to closer and clear to the mediums density of 1,225 Kg/meters cubed.

Lets set the clock running at 1000 years per second and see what happens. We will see our chests expanding to two times then three times the size now. We will see our skin being able to absorb air into it and have flaps on our skins surface that trap air. At this point we may have reached the density of 500 Kg/m cubed that wood is at now.

We would fall in the air at half the rate as now and be able to jump twice as far. Our legs would have grown and we would be a lot higher,being able to run much faster. The 100 meters time could be as low as 4 seconds.
This man or woman would make Ussain Bolt look like a caveman.

I hope you embrace this formula and the Theory that shows how history supports it as well as the insight of how older plants such as wood are changing density to match the medium.

I have asked the editor Chris Smith to help be publish this theory and Martin Tajmar at Dresden University to do experiments to back up the calculations.

The equation works in space and the single earths density field, expanded to all the planets and the sun, each body creating a density field. The strength of the fields is related to the g value for each heavenly body. The positions in space of these are all added together to create the net balanced density to the object and a sorting force and direction of travel is calculated If this is done for all the planets individually and the Sun the system will be in balance I am sure. The force to create the rotation may have been done in the big bang. The Earth's rotation is slowing down slowly we know. So the orbit around the sun will be slowing very slowly down over time.

Mike Kenyon MKForce 3am Sat 2nd April 2016

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 13/06/2016 21:08:19 »
Three questions:

Why would this flow you propose slow a clock in a region of higher mass vs one in a region of lower mass?

Taking a neutron star as an example, with its immense density, that density would require a tremendous amount of spacetime to be eaten within an incredibly small footprint no?  How would the flow possibly be fast enough?  For every meter of a neutron star, think of how much spacetime would require to be consumed?  With this rate, how would deeper areas of that mass possibly get fed?  And the feeding is obviously constant, since particles are constantly in motion and would require constant flow.  But I fail to see how spacetime could possibly flow that fast to feed all the particles of a neutron star, from surface to center, with constancy. For if that much spacetime was available for consumption, and the flow of spacetime was able to be that mind blazingly fast, then how could a vacuum or funnel of spacetime ever possibly exist around standard masses through the universe, since if spacetime could flow with such immense speeds as would be required to have a constant feeding of a neutron star, those 'gaps' would be filled around normal masses pretty much instantaneously.  Or am I totally missing something?  Hope you understand the gist of that question and what I mean overall.

And lastly, if spacetime is being eaten by matter, where does this new spacetime come from?  You seemed to imply (or maybe even directly state, as you didn't go into enough detail) that it eats it, then creates new spacetime in the form of a lightwave.  So are you saying photons are spacetime? Were you saying that new spacetime is created in addition to the photon?  And how could something eat something (consume something) and have an equal amount of that something newly created and sent on its way?  Wouldn't that just mean spacetime merely passed through it?  Just need a bit more clarification on that aspect. 
« Last Edit: 13/06/2016 21:11:19 by IAMREALITY »

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 13/06/2016 21:17:20 »
I have thought some more on the mechanism of gravity and I am IMO 99.9% sure I know what the mechanism is, the mechanism being space itself.

It is apparent that when we move an object, where the object was, ''turns'' into space from where a ''solid'' was, space fills the ''gap'' so space must be attracted to space and be a thing that can contract back to ''form''.

Am I correct that you're trying to say that spacetime does not occupy the space where any given mass resides?  How can this possibly be true?  Spacetime is not only around things but also within them. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #109 on: 13/06/2016 21:17:20 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length