The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How does one contribute to discussion on this Forum?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
My opinion is it depends on the free energy (ΔG) and  the enthalpy (ΔH) of the system and thermodynamics and entropy and the constant of force.

I.e remove force, we would weigh things at zero.

Your "opinion" adds nothing to this discussion. Of course if there is no force there is no weight (weight is a measure of force). We are discussing mass. "Thermodynamics" includes free energy, enthalpy and entropy.

Just ban me now, I find that rather rude and arrogant..........mass is measured in kilogram, if there is no force there is no ''mass''.   An atom in a void would have no intake and only out take.   

I give up trying to have a conversation on this forum, arrogance, rudeness and just shear impoliteness.

Without us members your forum is nothing.....

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: How does one contribute to discussion on this Forum?
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2015 16:51:54 »
thebox, you are more than welcome to contribute to this forum by asking your questions and posing your theories in the "new theories" section.

However, I have found your comments on threads started by other members to be less than helpful. A discussion of your myriad misunderstandings usually distracts from the question at hand.

I know that this comes across as elitist and condescending, but if a group of people were discussing techniques for cooking the perfect omelet, and I butted in saying something along the lines of, "In my opinion, eggs are useful because they are rounder than butter," the rest of the group would have to decide whether to ignore me, ridicule me, or divert the discussion to address my complete lack of culinary knowledge and logic.

In the thread I split this from, I asked a fairly technical question and am enjoying discussing the subtle points with other knowledgeable and curious members. I did not want that discussion to get hijacked by a discussion of what time "really is."

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2015 17:22:32 »
thebox, you are more than welcome to contribute to this forum by asking your questions and posing your theories in the "new theories" section.

However, I have found your comments on threads started by other members to be less than helpful. A discussion of your myriad misunderstandings usually distracts from the question at hand.

I know that this comes across as elitist and condescending, but if a group of people were discussing techniques for cooking the perfect omelet, and I butted in saying something along the lines of, "In my opinion, eggs are useful because they are rounder than butter," the rest of the group would have to decide whether to ignore me, ridicule me, or divert the discussion to address my complete lack of culinary knowledge and logic.

In the thread I split this from, I asked a fairly technical question and am enjoying discussing the subtle points with other knowledgeable and curious members. I did not want that discussion to get hijacked by a discussion of what time "really is."

It comes across as arrogant never mind snobbish.

your question , which looks like you have now edited since with an extra part.

''Is the energy contribution to Earth's mass derived from the enthalpy (ΔH) of the system, or does it depend on the free energy (ΔG) of the system?''

You ask a question for peoples opinions.

My reply and opinion , not even mentioning time.

''My opinion is it depends on the free energy (ΔG) and  the enthalpy (ΔH) of the system and thermodynamics and entropy and the constant of force.

I.e remove force, we would weigh things at zero. ''

I said I think it relies on both and some processes.  How is this not a valid opinion to your question?

I looked up  the word enthalpy.  I accounted for the work being done.

« Last Edit: 05/12/2015 17:27:56 by Thebox »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2015 17:22:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums