The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: how can the moon be lit on our east when the sun sets in the west?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
so ive been studying the moon lately for the past 56 days with a few thick cloudy ones preventing me seeing it. I used a website to tell me the exact phases when I couldn't see for myself.so last 2 weeks before the full moon it was lit on the right,now this and last week after the full moon, its on the left.im sure the sun came and went the same way everyday unless I missed something.

So how can a setting sun light up the moon on the east side when the sun sets in the west.the lunar cycles we all know say the sun would have to revolve around us to make that work-as well they say its the earth reflecting the light.science teachings and general info we were taught doesn't add up.you will see the phases and the waxing/waning moons, but we still see the sun in the same place roughly.the sun doesn't move 180 degrees over 14 days and does move through the seasons but I saw the sun set and if the suns out of site on were on a sphere, the moon would have to be larger than us to receive the light on the left but the waning moon can be evident in the sky together with the sun.bizarre!

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
It's a combination of magic and the evil sense of humor of the man in the moon, all designed to confound us round-earthers. The key to the conspiracy lies in Area 49 and Joanna Southcott's Box. Sort of. I can't tell you the real answer because the Men in Black will take me away, but I think I've given you enough clues to work it out. 

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
It's a combination of magic and the evil sense of humor of the man in the moon, all designed to confound us round-earthers. The key to the conspiracy lies in Area 49 and Joanna Southcott's Box. Sort of. I can't tell you the real answer because the Men in Black will take me away, but I think I've given you enough clues to work it out.
lol.bet u believe in religion too.if u do then ur as brainwashed as the rest of the world.convenient that the moon is tidal locked and that mankinds view of the moon is different in both hemispheres.and u cant use someone elses observations to answer your own.foolish.now answer the question troll

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It's a combination of magic and the evil sense of humor of the man in the moon, ..
Wow, what a revelation, keep this up and you will be made to 'disappear'.
There was me thinking it was all due to the earth being a sphere, moon being a sphere, earth rotating, moon going round earth, simple geometry regarding position of sun in solar system.
How wrong can you be! I see it all now, the earth is flat and the phases of the moon are created by some sort of clever illusion.
I also now realise that the measurement of latitude is also an illusion, the geometry books have all been doctored to give the wrong triangles so we think we are on a sphere.
Life won't be the same after today thanks to you Alan

PS I'm going to throw away my 'distance off' navigation tables as they only work on a sphere.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
I asked the question without mention of the earths shape.u made the assumption.in the eound eartg model,theres no way a moon can wax during the day with the sun veinf on the opposite side in our perspective.if u look at the lunar phasing with upper and lower waxing and waning,cresent and gibbous moons,many would say this is not possible ub 29.5 days.so,I'm still waiting for the answer.it seems that without wiki; u voth lack common observational sense.ir doesnt matter the size or distance of sun and moon,light is light.its unfortunate that mankind hids behind rejection to ask an obvious question.in not the only one and im not a conspiracy theorist.i just ask an ibvious question.if u cant care to investigate and be humble enough to consider what we are taught is flawed,which every model of a lunar cycle does not make sense at all.in the one who is not a recognised scientist(i hope)and yet u think im mad.its a shame u guys waste ur time knocking common sense down.u have not been able to answer any of my questions ever-because u just dont know do you.if i magically disappear,that would prove ur challenged and that ur ignorant.cant prove gravity.cant prove attraction.oh dear.funny how the sun and moon just happen to be the same size.i dont mean to be an irritating dick,but nuthin makes sense and all you do is repeat!

Offline Jolly

• View Profile
I asked the question without mention of the earths shape.u made the assumption.in the eound eartg model,theres no way a moon can wax during the day with the sun veinf on the opposite side in our perspective.if u look at the lunar phasing with upper and lower waxing and waning,cresent and gibbous moons,many would say this is not possible ub 29.5 days.so,I'm still waiting for the answer.it seems that without wiki; u voth lack common observational sense.ir doesnt matter the size or distance of sun and moon,light is light.its unfortunate that mankind hids behind rejection to ask an obvious question.in not the only one and im not a conspiracy theorist.i just ask an ibvious question.if u cant care to investigate and be humble enough to consider what we are taught is flawed,which every model of a lunar cycle does not make sense at all.in the one who is not a recognised scientist(i hope)and yet u think im mad.its a shame u guys waste ur time knocking common sense down.u have not been able to answer any of my questions ever-because u just dont know do you.if i magically disappear,that would prove ur challenged and that ur ignorant.cant prove gravity.cant prove attraction.oh dear.funny how the sun and moon just happen to be the same size.i dont mean to be an irritating dick,but nuthin makes sense and all you do is repeat!

I have made comments about the moon before, on this forum, the moon was actually one of the first things I started to look at and think about when I "Went Scientific"  :) Newton said he got headaches thinking about it  :D

I proposed before that the moon does not actually go arround the earth but that rather the moon chases the earth (Is held near the earth by gravity, but does not rotate arround just follows), and swings from the left to the right sides, thus giving the different cresants, moments of darkness and moments of complete brightness, if the shaddow is caused by the earth and there is a consistent pattern each month, a moon that circles the earth is harder to explain. Hence Newtons comments. Still everything is in motion, the earth is going arround the sun, and spinning, the sun is moving arround the milkly way, and the moon is moving as well. We are stuck on the earth and watching all that motion.   

But then you have solar and luna eclipses, and these ideas do not really work.

Just to say I get you, I've been there too  :D

Could be an idea to actually send out a satalite and hold it in a position that allows it to observe both, earth and moon and their interactions. As far as I am aware that has never been done actually.
« Last Edit: 15/12/2015 01:57:03 by Jolly »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length