The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: A Unified Theory - by Dea Patricia Smegmasterson  (Read 1733 times)

Offline d_p_smegmasterson

• First timers
    • View Profile
A Unified Theory - by Dea Patricia Smegmasterson
« on: 20/12/2015 16:39:36 »
Dear Follower of The Naked Scientists.

SPAM LINKS AND SELF-PROMOTION REMOVED - ALL IN BREACH OF ACCEPTABLE USER AGREEMENT

A Unified Theory - by Dea Patricia Smegmasterson
« Last Edit: 22/12/2015 08:12:29 by chris »

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: A Unified Theory - by Dea Patricia Smegmasterson
« Reply #1 on: 20/12/2015 17:24:41 »
I thought it'd be useful to post the book's preface here:

THIS BOOK IS WRITTEN FOR THE NON-SCIENTIFIC READER.
Contemporary science has given us a Big Bang origin to the universe, subatomic particles of astonishing diversity and with even more astonishing properties. We have cold dark matter which  cannot be found. (Although they are spending a fortune of tax-payers’ money looking for it.) Particles that comprise atoms are also waves and sometimes they are part wave and part particle, although scientists are the first to acknowledge that particle and wave are mutually exclusive. We are also told that each subatomic particle exists everywhere (as a “superposition of wave states”), until it is observed, when it is where you see it, and much more besides.
Worryingly, laypersons who suggest this is nonsense are told, (very politely) that they are too stupid and/or ignortant to understand and scientists further try to protect their hallowed status by surrounding their theories (perhaps ‘encasing’ would be a more appropriate term) in arcane mathematics.
If you have read to here, this book is for you.
The writer takes you on a journey from the smallest scale to the far edge of the cosmos visiting many landmark experiments on the way and from each experiment new conclusions are drawn and these are built up into a complete and cohesive interpretation, what scientists call a, “Grand Unified Theory”. I dislike the “Grand”.
 We discover an entirely new way of interpreting the natural world. A new and novel understand-ing of time emerges, and all the strange, indeed incomprehensible facets of quantum mechan-ics and relativity theory assume perfectly mundane explanations. You will also learn why light travels at the speed of light and why nothing else can  ever exceed it. How a light wave can wave in a total vacuum, why objects get shorter and heavier as their velocity greatly increases towards the speed of light and much more.
There is a little simple arithmetic herein. It is not important to the revelations I offer you. It is there to show you how and why scientists have so abused it in order to hoodwink you. If you belong to the “I am useless at mathematics group” you can safely ignore the maths altogether. Please scan through the first few pages before you purchase and then buy with confidence. This book is not written for scientists, (I loathe them, as you soon discover), it is for ordinary people who belch, (quietly), when they have indigestion, fart, (discretely), and pick their noses occa-sionally, (in private), plebians, ordinary people just like you and me.
The central ideas for this hypothesis were well formed by 1951 and further refined and devel-oped in the decades up to 2005, when it was first put in writing. Since then I have added sections as ‘friendly scientists’ have pointed out shortcomings.

Offline Ophiolite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20/12/2015 17:37:54 »
This book is not written for scientists, (I loathe them, as you soon discover)
It is interesting that you make extensive use of the research of these loathsome scientists in developing your own ideas. Other than extensive use of cognitive dissonance, how do you resolve that dichotomy?

Offline mrsmith2211

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22/12/2015 05:07:52 »
A lengthy read, so it will take some time to comment fully, but just an appreciation for the work based on pages. Is there a cliff notes version? not intending to disrespect your work.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 22/12/2015 10:50:58 by RD »

The following users thanked this post: Ron Maxwell

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26/12/2015 13:30:58 »
Dear MrsSmith2211.
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to read my book, and not just the resume at the front which you were warned to not read.
I look forward to hearing your comments when you have finished reading, be they good, bad or simply indifferent.
I apologise for the poor quality of the posted book, and my computer guru is working on a much improved version which will be posted as soon as it is done.
I will drop you a line to tell you when and where it is available (in private message).

-Dea Patricia Smegmasterson

Offline Ron Maxwell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28/12/2015 10:45:00 »
... Is there a cliff notes version? ...

Followed the links. Interesting, probably more so than the book.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 28/12/2015 10:45:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums