The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Every moment in time is the same moment!  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Every moment in time is the same moment!
« on: 04/01/2016 23:33:53 »
There is no past just memories, there is no future, the future can't be remembered in the now, there is only the moment of now, moving on to the next moment of now, time does not exist, only the now exists, the now is zero, then zero,, then zero, then zero, not 1,2,3.

Offline Spaskiba

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Every moment in time is the same moment!
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/2016 15:37:10 »
True, but only if you consider one reference frame, if you consider two independent reference frames no one can agree which part is now, since my future might be your past, as the space interval connection between us is zero.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/01/2016 17:22:11 »
True, but only if you consider one reference frame, if you consider two independent reference frames no one can agree which part is now, since my future might be your past, as the space interval connection between us is zero.

Regardless of reference frame, including a ''Gods eye'' view.  Even a ''God'' would experience simultaneous moments. 

'' if you consider two independent reference frames no one can agree which part is now, since my future might be your past, as the space interval connection between us is zero.''

It is all the now, every frame.

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14/01/2016 19:53:49 »
I believe there the present 'moment' is the same throughout infinity .. there may or may not be a past, but there is a future, many fulfilled prophecies have been proven.  I believe Non locality is merely a reduction of space to zero .. an elimination of space.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16/01/2016 16:08:32 »
I believe there the present 'moment' is the same throughout infinity .. there may or may not be a past, but there is a future, many fulfilled prophecies have been proven.  I believe Non locality is merely a reduction of space to zero .. an elimination of space.

It is impossible for there to be a future, In another thread I realised why, anything more than zero/nothing when considering time is history/memory.

We live a zero moment simultaneous and remember/record these moments. We are writing history expanding history.

« Last Edit: 16/01/2016 16:15:51 by Thebox »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18/01/2016 15:10:39 »
I don't get it, I prove time does not exist and nobody seemingly cares.....

Offline sam7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18/01/2016 19:40:59 »
Either you're a genius unsurpassed and nobody understands you, or you're full of rubbish nobody cares to respond to you.

Which one is it? I don't know.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18/01/2016 20:04:42 »
Either you're a genius unsurpassed and nobody understands you, or you're full of rubbish nobody cares to respond to you.

Nobody must understand

the big bang is not the start of time, the big bang was the start of history.
« Last Edit: 18/01/2016 20:06:17 by Thebox »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline sam7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18/01/2016 20:18:39 »
These forums sure do seem to attract the mentally ill.

Time cube. Nuff said.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18/01/2016 20:37:23 »

Time cube. Nuff said.

Obviously a troll with no aim to discuss the topic.

P.s I know I am 100% correct because anything more than zero/nothing is history.
« Last Edit: 18/01/2016 20:40:34 by Thebox »

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19/01/2016 21:00:54 »

Time cube. Nuff said.

The mentally ill generally think 'the other guy' or 'everyone else' is crazy .. so your statement is indicative.

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19/01/2016 21:03:16 »

Nobody must understand

the big bang is not the start of time, the big bang was the start of history.

The Big Bang is theory only .. and the originator of this thread needs to clarify his thoughts so the rest of us can understand him.

The following users thanked this post: Thebox

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19/01/2016 21:12:14 »
Actually, name calling and resorting to insults is "crazy" in my book. Achieves nothing, supports nothing, and leaves us all wondering why we even come here. I suggest that we all take a breather and try to explain our views and opinions with some respect for other members whether we agree with them or not. If you want to behave like adolescents, you might consider "playing" at another playground!
« Last Edit: 19/01/2016 21:29:37 by Ethos_ »

The following users thanked this post: Thebox

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19/01/2016 21:17:36 »
and the originator of this thread needs to clarify his thoughts so the rest of us can understand him.

Thank you, for a starting premise consider that anything more than zero/nothing is an increment of history, even if we used the Planck length or light to measure ''time''. 

0t←history ←Planck length

0t←history←9,192, 631,770 cycles
« Last Edit: 19/01/2016 21:20:09 by Thebox »

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19/01/2016 23:06:50 »
Okay .. so 0 + 1 = 1.  How is this relevant to what you are saying, that time does not exist?

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19/01/2016 23:39:19 »
Okay .. so 0 + 1 = 1.  How is this relevant to what you are saying, that time does not exist?

It is not 0+1=1

It is a discrete continuous value of 00000000000000000000000000000000000000  the now, i.e a blank space like an empty hard drive

1 second is a history of zero, a distance reference point between 0 and 0

added- 1=0 , 1 marks the now moment of zero in history

0+1=0

A 1 meter ruler does not measure from 0 to 1m, it measures from zero to zero.

« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 00:20:03 by Thebox »

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20/01/2016 03:36:32 »
I'd like to make a short comment about how I understand the past and the future. While I agree that the only reality we have is the present, human experience understands the past as history and the future as an execution of a plan.

Example: I can remember an event in the past, it is therefore an historical event.
Example: I can rationalize a future event because I can predict the results of an action taken here in the present. For example; I stick a pin into an inflated balloon and it will surely pop.

So these two concepts; "past and future" are products of memory and plans but the only reality we really experience is the present. So in principle, I understand what TheBox is trying to explain. But the words "past and future" have a very necessary utility when we are describing physical events and their causes. I think it is quite unnecessary to try and discard their meaning or use.

Just my two cents...............................

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20/01/2016 04:35:34 »
I'd like to make a short comment about how I understand the past and the future. While I agree that the only reality we have is the present, human experience understands the past as history and the future as an execution of a plan.

Example: I can remember an event in the past, it is therefore an historical event.
Example: I can rationalize a future event because I can predict the results of an action taken here in the present. For example; I stick a pin into an inflated balloon and it will surely pop.

So these two concepts; "past and future" are products of memory and plans but the only reality we really experience is the present. So in principle, I understand what TheBox is trying to explain. But the words "past and future" have a very necessary utility when we are describing physical events and their causes. I think it is quite unnecessary to try and discard their meaning or use.

Just my two cents...............................

A two cent's worth. well appreciated Ethos.

I do understand a need for a system of timing to synchronise our everyday lives, otherwise we would be just late or early for everything.
However I do see that this concept could effect a lot of things, such has ''time'' dilation.
Also may I point out something about ''prediction'', we can predict movements of the planets, because they follow their own history and repeat history, i.e the path relative stays the same of the orbiting body over ''time'' and repeats the cycle(s).

I am now lost for words, I have so much to say but do not know where to start, maybe I should ask a question and take it from there,

Do you or anyone else interested , not understand why ''time'' can not possibly dilate?

Taking into consideration that t= 0  and is a discrete continuous.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20/01/2016 04:56:11 »

Do you or anyone else interested , not understand why ''time'' can not possibly dilate?

Relative to an individuals personal time, it won't appear to dilate. However, we have through experiment proven that, relative to the observer, time is variant. The observers experience of times passage for the observed depends upon several things. One is the velocity at which the object being observed is accelerating and another is the influence of a gravitational field upon the one being observed. My personal observance of how time passes in my reference frame will not appear to change. But for an observer witnessing those same events, depending on my velocity and the gravitational field in which I exist, it can.

While I agree that the present is our only reality, I evidently fail to understand how you disagree with time dilation. If there is no variation in the passage of time, how do we explain the slowing of clocks in vehicles under great acceleration? We have witnessed such time dilation occurring so if not time variance, what is it that is changing?
« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 05:17:45 by Ethos_ »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20/01/2016 05:11:56 »

Relative to an individuals personal time, it won't appear to dilate. However, we have through experiment proven that, relative to the observer, time is variant. The observers experience of times passage for the observed depends upon several things. One is the velocity at which the object being observed is accelerating and another is the influence of a gravitational field upon the one being observed. My personal observance of how time passes in my reference frame will not appear to change. But for an observer witnessing those same events, depending on my velocity and the gravitational field in which I exist, it can.

I understand very well the Keating experiment and the Caesium frequency dilation, however 0 can not and will never dilate.   ''Time dilation'' is something else.

anything more than zero is history including any frequency rates.  A rate is established over a period of history not a period of time.

arr, you added more on as I was writing,

''While I agree that the present is our only reality, I evidently fail to understand how you disagree with time dilation. If there is no variation in the passage of time, how do we explain the slowing of clocks in vehicles under great acceleration? We have witnessed such time dilation occurring so if not time variance, what is it that is changing?''

energy variance at a guess , just like light and most things have a variance.

Let me explain a confusion the world has had for some time now , about time and the atomic clocks. A Caesium atom's frequency rate is used to represent one second, take note of the word represent.  The atomic clocks suppose to be a device for measuring time, representing time increments, the clocks themselves were never meant to be time only a representation of time, so when these clocks malfunction, the constant rate of the second changes, that is just a busted clock and does not effect the time they are representing, and for some strange reason, the world thinks time is a caesium atomic clock . 
I can show loads of other ways why there is no time dilation by using better clocks that do not go faulty with a bit of motion.

p.s the dilation is something to do with less absorption making a slower emittance rate ,

« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 05:56:13 by Thebox »

Offline sam7

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20/01/2016 08:44:01 »
No, the 'world' doesn't think time is a caesium clock. The world thinks it is the average number of vibrations an atom goes through, dependent on temperature and pressure changes.

You wouldn't even know this if not for the discoveries of other people, so I'm not sure why you are yet again trying to claim the moral high ground. Sure, there are a lot of uneducated people out there, but there are also a lot of educated people out there too. This being a science forum associated with Cambridge, I would like to think that the average user knows how a quartz watch works...

Also, your idea that anything more than zero is history is correct, but so evidently correct to be uninteresting beyond belief. That may be why nobody really cares. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20/01/2016 13:21:20 »
so I'm not sure why you are yet again trying to claim the moral high ground.

Moral high ground?  there is nobody more humble than myself.

But anyone who thinks there is a dilation of time, just because the measuring device fails, is incorrect. 
« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 13:23:37 by Thebox »

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20/01/2016 13:24:08 »

I think this is where I get off Mr. Box. The speed of light has been accepted by every physicist the world over as the one thing that is invariant. It remains the same in all frames of reference whether in varied degrees of motion or in varied degrees of gravitational influence. I therefore leave it to someone else to sort out the errors you evidently don't yet understand.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20/01/2016 13:30:34 »

I think this is where I get off Mr. Box. The speed of light has been accepted by every physicist the world over as the one thing that is invariant. It remains the same in all frames of reference whether in varied degrees of motion or in varied degrees of gravitational influence. I therefore leave it to someone else to sort out the errors you evidently don't yet understand.

The speed of light is measured time over distance,  science even measures light history, yes it may be constant in speed, but it is a variant in frequency. i.e spectral colours

I was not claiming that light was not constant and an invariant speed.  Light is not as fast as 0.  0 is instantaneous, anything that uses a distance is measuring history and not time.

p.s I can't believe you agree that time is the now but are pulling out of the thread, when with your knowledge we could develop this further

d/t is measuring a history, we some how need to measure d/0.

We need to work out, why ''time dilation'' happens and what is the meaning if any.   We need to work out where ''we'' went wrong in history.

« Last Edit: 20/01/2016 13:46:27 by Thebox »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 20/01/2016 13:30:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length