The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Every moment in time is the same moment!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Every moment in time is the same moment!
« Reply #50 on: 26/01/2016 14:23:08 »
I would like to apologize for my previous comments. They were mean and unnecessary.

I thank you Sam and apologies accepted, although I was not really offended to tell you the truth, I am a nobody, I have been on some tough forums, things do not really upset me on forums I would have to pretend to get angry. I use to be very passionate with my ideas and describe them more poetic, then I tried mimicking Wiki with my writing.  I am here to learn and to say a few thoughts, maybe some of my thoughts can be used , maybe they can not, but if I did not try, then I and we would never know.

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26/01/2016 20:29:22 »
Google:  Is the speed of light in a vacuum invariant?  You will see several choices but the top choice 'Is The Speed of Light Everywhere the Same? - Ucr'  is interesting. 
Now .. enter Does a photon have mass?  Choose 'What is the mass of a photon? - Ucr'
Iff a photon has mass, which it is said to have, it will be affected by gravity, however slightly .. so it's speed will vary in a vacuum.
As I understand it a photon is considered to have 0 rest mass. However, it does have momentum (p=mv) and anything with momentum will be affected by gravity.
The complication is that no matter what gravity field you are in you will measure the speed of light to be the same, but someone else in a different gravity field will measure the speed of light at your location to be different. One way of looking at this is that gravity distorts spacetime and so the coordinates you are using for measurement are not the same as those used by the other person.

The articles I mentioned should be read by anyone interested in photons and the speed of light.  We can never learn too much if we want to learn.  Speed of Light is NOT invariant in a vacuum.
« Last Edit: 26/01/2016 22:53:18 by Alohascope »

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26/01/2016 23:06:57 »
gravity distorts spacetime or space-time distorts gravity?
I know, I know. I was trying to simplify everything to basics but as soon as I pressed post I realised what I had said gave the wrong impression, but had to log off to go to a meeting.

No, spacetime doesn't distort gravity either.
Either mass, or something connected to mass, causes spacetime to change in the vicinity of the mass. We experience that change as gravity and it affects the way we measure time in the gravity field.

Well spotted.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26/01/2016 23:13:34 »
I know, I know. I was trying to simplify everything to basics but as soon as I pressed post I realised what I had said gave the wrong impression, but had to log off to go to a meeting.

Either mass, or something connected to mass, causes spacetime to change in the vicinity of the mass. We experience that change as gravity and it affects the way we measure time in the gravity field.

Well spotted.

i am not sure, but I have just awoke from a nap, there is now an idea in my head about photon-photon expansion, invert wave-function, and two rivers flowing in the opposite direction at the same speed and force in the same river bed creating a distortion field between the two flows.
  like water passing through water ,

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26/01/2016 23:28:44 »
This is what I visualise happens,

I observe that all negative is attracted to negative

I observe that all positive including light is repulsive to positive

I think photons are propelled by their own ability to repulse each other,

I think i am being pulled to the ground by my negative

i think if i was more positive i would be more buoyant and fly away like an helium balloon.

mass being negative and anti-mass being positive.

Let us imagine a dispenser, let us consider the release of a single polarity positive particle, let us imagine this particle has no propulsion and remains at rest , now let us release a second particle, the second particle also remains at rest but pushes the prior particle forward. Now let us open the lid on the dispenser, let us imagine all the particles expanding out of the dispenser, following the same process as prior.

« Last Edit: 26/01/2016 23:40:36 by Thebox »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26/01/2016 23:57:59 »
I have posted these posts separate to keep them separate.

Imagine two batteries in the same inertial reference frame, however these batteries are special batteries and can absorb photons to self charge, however the batteries also emit a positive charge at an equal rate to absorbing.

these batteries are held firmly together by their negativeness super -super glue which is also between them and the ground.

now the only way these batteries can break the super-super glue is if they emitted more positive than the grounds positive pushing them apart, however the ground also steals the positive from the batteries making this near impossible.

so anyway if we was to stretch to the super-super glue, there is less positive output from the batteries being pulled into the ground, so the output has less force being applied on it slowing the output suction down.

in simple terms motion makes less suction, the more you move away the less output of suction.

added- a bit like trying to suck the ocean up through a short straw , the straw has no effect on the ocean floor, you will not suck up sand.

« Last Edit: 27/01/2016 00:02:15 by Thebox »

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 27/01/2016 23:24:45 »

Well spotted.

i am not sure, but I have just awoke from a nap, there is now an idea in my head about photon-photon expansion, invert wave-function, and two rivers flowing in the opposite direction at the same speed and force in the same river bed creating a distortion field between the two flows.

Interesting concept .. rivers flowing through rivers .. good image.

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 27/01/2016 23:26:29 »
I have posted these posts separate to keep them separate.

Imagine two batteries in the same inertial reference frame, however these batteries are special batteries and can absorb photons to self charge, however the batteries also emit a positive charge at an equal rate to absorbing.

these batteries are held firmly together by their negativeness super -super glue which is also between them and the ground.

now the only way these batteries can break the super-super glue is if they emitted more positive than the grounds positive pushing them apart, however the ground also steals the positive from the batteries making this near impossible.

so anyway if we was to stretch to the super-super glue, there is less positive output from the batteries being pulled into the ground, so the output has less force being applied on it slowing the output suction down.

in simple terms motion makes less suction, the more you move away the less output of suction.

added- a bit like trying to suck the ocean up through a short straw , the straw has no effect on the ocean floor, you will not suck up sand.

If that straw sucks long enough, and it's sucking end is lowered as the ocean level lowers, you will end up sucking up sand from the ocean bottom.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 27/01/2016 23:29:11 »

Well spotted.

Interesting concept .. rivers flowing through rivers .. good image.

If we view the rivers as crystal clear, it becomes hard to notice there is even two rivers.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #58 on: 27/01/2016 23:29:11 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums