The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How do we travel faster than light  (Read 516 times)

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
How do we travel faster than light
« on: 16/01/2016 01:28:07 »
So .. if time exists .. and space exists .. and spacetime exists .. and spacetime can be bent, curved, etc as Einstein said, it can also be compressed .. a way to shorten space travel is to compress space time.  Now .. in submarine ballistics the Russians abandoned the streamlined head of a torpedo for a concave head .. then fired the torpedo at high speed .. the concave head of the torpedo converts the water impacted to gas so that the torpedo travels through gas instead of water .. result .. 500 mph underwater torpedo.  So .. we somehow compress spacetime to reduce both distance and time traveled through .. but compressing spacetime increases its resistance, so we scoop in the spacetime and use its energy in the spaceship engines .. like the old V1 German rockets .. pulse jet engine or whatever they were called .. buzz bomb, ramjet, whatever.  As we are no longer travelling through spacetime, but converting it to energy, the theoretical law that nothing travels faster than light is escaped from as the speed of light is speed through spacetime.
« Last Edit: 16/01/2016 01:36:00 by Alohascope »

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
Re: How do we travel faster than light
« Reply #2 on: 19/01/2016 23:19:16 »

Thanks Flow .. interesting .. but my concept is that spacetime is 'sucked into' the engine and used as energy while creating an absolute 'nothingness' through which to travel .. akin to non-locality .. the technology would be weird .. but some 'experts' said we'd never fly through the air in machines.  I know the topic doesn't encourage conversation, that's okay, I just wanted to present the idea.

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2016 00:30:17 »
Thanks Flow .. interesting .. but my concept is that spacetime is 'sucked into' the engine and used as energy while creating an absolute 'nothingness' through which to travel .. akin to non-locality .. the technology would be weird .. but some 'experts' said we'd never fly through the air in machines.  I know the topic doesn't encourage conversation, that's okay, I just wanted to present the idea.
Ok you were obviously not that impressed with Miguel Alcubierre Moya's efforts to satisfy your need for speed, so I'll try something even more exotic.
This one is mine;
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1023497421026887&id=595088680534432&pnref=story

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2016 23:17:20 »
Ok you were obviously not that impressed with Miguel Alcubierre Moya's efforts to satisfy your need for speed, so I'll try something even more exotic.
This one is mine;
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1023497421026887&id=595088680534432&pnref=story

Speed is relative to space and time.  Eliminate space and time and you get non-locality .. instantaneous travel.  I couldn't understand your elevator.  To clarify it won't help.  I'm not familiar with your terms.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2016 23:17:20 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length