The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are polymorphic anomalous flying objects real?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline learningalways

• View Profile
Are polymorphic anomalous flying objects real?
« on: 27/01/2016 02:19:34 »

The reality of automous anomalous flying objects, anomalies for short, is supported by an overwhelming amount of consistent observational data, some of these anomalies are polymorphic, they have dynamic geometry, the reality of these manifestations is very hard to accept because many of the concepts and ideas that we had learned since primary school are based explicitly or implicitly in the "constancy" of reality, polymorphic, variable geometry objects are a challenge to these concepts, not surprising the reactions to claims and/or footage showing these manifestations are frequently irrational and charged with emotions.

But today we have even clear, objective and repeatable procedures that allow anybody to observe these objects directly, nothing can replace direct experience and nothing can deny the force of empirical evidence.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Are polymorphic anomalous flying objects real?
« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2016 05:44:17 »
The "balloon shaped anomalous objects" are helium-filled aluminized-mylar party-balloons.
They are available in round and five-pointed versions , and a range of colours.
« Last Edit: 27/01/2016 05:54:59 by RD »

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27/01/2016 08:06:48 »
One of my little pleasures in life is knowing that every helium filled balloon or bunch of balloons I set free has the potential to amuse and keep occupied so many imaginations. :)

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27/01/2016 11:19:49 »
One of my little pleasures in life is knowing that every helium filled balloon or bunch of balloons I set free has the potential to amuse and keep occupied so many imaginations. :)
So how often do you endulge this 'little pleasure'? I can just imagine you nipping out for a quick fix.
Glad to hear it isn't your only little pleasure  :)

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27/01/2016 20:15:50 »

Don't do it near overhead power lines ...

https://youtu.be/N0aGuynVoeA?t=8s
« Last Edit: 27/01/2016 20:18:23 by RD »

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27/01/2016 22:03:24 »
So how often do you endulge this 'little pleasure'? I can just imagine you nipping out for a quick fix.
Glad to hear it isn't your only little pleasure 
Colin, Me and a mate years ago had another little lurk going.
I don't know about the rest of the world but here in Australia we get sold dark green rubbish bin liner bags that are so thin they are almost useless for holding rubbish. We also have a product for starting fires creatively called fire lighters. I think they are a kerosine based solid the burns for quite an extended period.
So we used to make a thin wire circle to fit the opening of these rubbish bags. This wire circle had two wires at right angles crossing the centre. in that centre we attach a fire lighter. The whole thing acts as a hot air balloon. When we let it go at night it rises up in the air and the combination of the fire lighter and the translucence of the very thin rubbish bag made it glow and appear to change colours. As it went up it would also strike different air flows and change speed and sometimes direction.
The next day we would usually hear a flood of news reports about UFO sightings sometimes accompanied with blurry pictures or even video of these strange lights in the sky.
Sometimes on calm nights these things would just rise until they hit a jet stream and then they would not only change direction but appear to display extreme acceleration.
Very funny. And it keeps the UFO myth alive.

My mate has moved on from this life, and I haven't played that particular trick for a while now.
I will have to do something about that just in his memory.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 27/01/2016 22:03:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums