The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Has Time evolved?  (Read 707 times)

Offline Fluid_thinker

• View Profile
Has Time evolved?
« on: 31/01/2016 22:18:06 »
Had what point did time appear in the early fractions of the Big Bang and has time evolved since that point.

I am not considering the standard passage of time as Time evolution.

Offline Space Flow

• View Profile
Re: Has Time evolved?
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2016 22:50:54 »
Had what point did time appear in the early fractions of the Big Bang and has time evolved since that point.

I am not considering the standard passage of time as Time evolution.

First we have to be clear that Time and Space are one and the same thing. (Spacetime or Timespace)
Timespace did not appear in the Universe.
Without Timespace there is no Universe.
So the Universe appeared at the first definable moment of time and space. Not the other way around.
As far as timespace evolving that depends on what you mean by evolving. Timespace has never been, is not now, and never will be a constant. It is never defined as the same from different reference frames. And that always has and always will be so. Having said that, just after the beginning everything was so hot and so energetic that nothing experienced much timespace. There was not much spacetime to be experienced. Hence the Universe was a much smaller place.
With every moment of time that has been experienced by any form of matter since then there is an equivalent amount of space. So today we live in a much larger Timespace Universe.
If you want that can be taken as timespace evolution. And that trend is not only continuing, but as the Universe grows colder, and as such matter moves slower, it can experience timespace at a faster rate, so the Universe can be said to be accelerating in its expansion.
That as I said can be taken as evolution of Timespace.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Has Time evolved?
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2016 22:50:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums