The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The theory of variable action  (Read 164 times)

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
The theory of variable action
« on: 19/11/2016 15:11:11 »
Planck's constant describes a quanta of action. A variable action can be defined that varies in a way that depends upon the constant speed of light in vacuum. In this way the shift in the spectrum of light is the result of variable action. Since at the Planck scale time is defined by the Planck constant then a variation of time due to the effects of gravitation can be expressed as a variable action rather than a predefined constant. This 'theory' is in the early stages of development.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
Re: The theory of variable action
« Reply #1 on: 19/11/2016 17:35:31 »
The proper energy of the photon E is a function of the emission energy E0. The resulting equation is E = E0/gamma. This is independent of time. Since this applies to light then this is no surprise. An equation for tardyons may depend on time. That is the aim of the current work. To find the correct equation. Gamma in the above relates to the velocity of an SR inertial frame of reference through which the light passes. This does NOT apply to GR.
« Last Edit: 19/11/2016 17:41:12 by jeffreyH »

Offline GoC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19/11/2016 18:56:58 »
Planck's constant describes a quanta of action. A variable action can be defined that varies in a way that depends upon the constant speed of light in vacuum. In this way the shift in the spectrum of light is the result of variable action. Since at the Planck scale time is defined by the Planck constant then a variation of time due to the effects of gravitation can be expressed as a variable action rather than a predefined constant. This 'theory' is in the early stages of development.

Finally someone gets it!!!!!!!!

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19/11/2016 20:01:13 »
I wouldn't get too excited.

The following users thanked this post: Alex Siqueira

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19/11/2016 20:09:55 »
For a tardyon the action is u = Lp(gamma). Where L is a light second and p is momentum. Note this is basically relative angular momentum under a different name. The angular momentum of light is then a 1 radian angle. David Cooper's ideas on trigonometry and relativity can then be related to action.
« Last Edit: 19/11/2016 20:20:49 by jeffreyH »

Offline GoC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20/11/2016 17:26:24 »
I wouldn't get too excited

This is correct I shouldn't. I saw words and symbols that I would use in a way I would use them. I keep forgetting all of those words have different meanings to you and others. For instance the word time means something different to many than to myself.

The proper energy of the photon E is a function of the emission energy Eo.

We have different ideas of emission energy's foundation. Your perspective is the electron as the source of propagation of the photon.  Equivalence between SR and GR would suggest differently.

The resulting equation is E = E0/gamma. This is independent of time.

Here is where we have a different understanding of time. Planks distance is a time segment. Eo in space far away from mass has a planks length for the time segment. E0 is the planks length in the highest dilation of space energy. So there is more density of energy in space than in dilated space. There is a different distance length for dilation in GR relative to how we measure time. So Gamma (dilation) is not independent of time energy distance.

An equation for tardyons may depend on time.
Of course, which is the gamma term in Relativity.

Gamma in the above relates to the velocity of an SR inertial frame of reference through which the light passes. This does NOT apply to GR.

Geometry is the equivalence between SR and GR. GR is physical and SR is visual equivalence. I can show the simple equations for SR length vs. time measured in SR. If you follow light being independent of the source a Relativity postulate. Momentum is not a factor in light speed.

This does NOT apply to GR

It does as equivalence. All measurements are done in GR.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 20/11/2016 17:26:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums