The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Does BFST technology work?  (Read 94 times)

Maizie

• View Profile
Does BFST technology work?
« on: 24/06/2015 19:15:09 »
I think BFST (Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy) is relatively new, but what does everyone think about this technology to increase our circulation? Is this something that can heal soft tissue damage??

I'm very curious about this!
« Last Edit: 25/06/2015 00:36:56 by peppercorn »

chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Does BFST technology work?
« Reply #1 on: 24/06/2015 22:57:28 »
I am very suspicious of anything that uses "energy web" as a descriptor. It is certainly not a scientific way of describing the product. I don't know much about medicine or physiology, so I cannot speak directly about the effects they are advertizing, but if they can't describe how their technology works any better than it is described on this page, I doubt that it works.

Maizie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30/06/2015 13:44:20 »
Interesting. That makes sense. When something says 'energy web', do you think this typically refers to any specific type of energy?

Colin2B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30/06/2015 15:31:11 »
....... When something says 'energy web', do you think this typically refers to any specific type of energy?
It means they don't know a lot about energy. It is a term that sounds good but doesn't mean much. If it is heat energy, why not just say heat?
Heat pads are known to increase circulation and help tissue to heal, generally alternating between ice and heat will help heal a soft tissue injury.
I would be wary of vague claims for electromagnetic radiation, although radio waves will heat tissue eg microwaves, they need care to prevent tissue damage.
See a registered Physio for advice

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines