The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6435954 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #1225 on: 12/09/2008 17:16:44 »
...the [POIS] hormonal imbalances are caused by this infection...

"Dr Matt", prove that POIS is caused by infection, state your credentials, and convince us you've actually studied POIS here or elsewhere or please don't bother posting your advertising here again or it will be deleted. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 12/09/2008 20:07:29 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 12/09/2008 17:40:22 »
digitalmac, welcome to The POIS Forum! Thank you very much for your contributed post, and I look forward to reading more about you in future posts.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 12/09/2008 18:40:00 »
For those saying that it's a physiological issue, I say that it most certainly is not.

digitalmac, then what do you think it is?

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 12/09/2008 20:11:41 »
Thanks demografx, I was going to write something similar.  How does "Dr. Matt" know anything about POIS?  Every physician I have talked to (and I have talked to many) has not heard of this problem.  It is rare.  Dr. Matt, how could you be so sure that this works against POIS without having done some extensive research on it?  Did someone come to you with POIS? Did you have POIS? 

Again, I think pretty much everyone missed the nuance in what I was suggesting in regards to psychological issues.  I wanted to emphasize the point that there isn't this big disconnection between the psychological and physical that most people think there is.  I get the sense girlwind agrees with this point (as does Coreman), as would most of you if you had seen the research behind it (which I would be happy to provide). 

I have this problem too -- and it affects me quite badly sometimes.  I want to get better, and I am doing what I can to help myself, and others too.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 12/09/2008 20:21:20 »
Re: Immune system argument.

I don't think a weakened immune system is contributing to POIS, at least not with me.  First of all, it seems almost impossible that the immune system would weaken so profoundly following orgasm that we would feel such powerful symptoms immediately.  Secondly, orgasm is known to improve the immune system response, and I believe this is the case with me, despite the awful symptoms.  Many years ago, I would have orgasm only a couple times a month.  Every year I would get quite sick about three times, with some sort of flu; this happened consistently and for about 7 years.  When I began to have orgasm more often, I never got sick at all for years.  Given that I did not make any significant other changes, this seems like more than a coincidence.

I think this is a chemical problem.  Perhaps a problem with the adrenal glands.  I'm doing experiments that would test this (at least for me).  I am likely going to try the garlic after I finish these experiments (for the sake of figuring out what each remedy is specifically doing).  I was wondering how I could possibly eat whole gloves of garlic though! :).  Thanks for the tip about chopping up + water.  I was thinking garlic pills might be the way to go, but then I wouldn't want to risk missing some sort of 'active ingredient'.

Offline poisONoUS

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: 12/09/2008 20:22:20 »
Hey Dr. Matt,
I just wanted to raise a question about the L-form bacteria that might be causing POIS. It is an interesting theory, but I jsut feel that doesnt completely make sense. As you mentioned in your posting, the bacteria gets out of its latency state whenever our immune system goes down: after sex, stressing out, having a cold, etc. However, whenever I have a cold or a flu and my body is feeling very weak, how come this bacteria doesnt take any action? How come I dont feel the same symptoms that I would after orgasm? I definitely feel mentally and phisically weaker when I am sick, but it is not like my brain is fogged up. It is just tired... just like the rest of my body. It is not like it is any slower. The speed at which thoughts are going thru my head is pretty much the same as when I am not sick. As many of us have described in here, the feeling after POIS is something very unique, and it is hard to compare it to the feeling of being sick.

So again.. the question is: How come this bacteria doesnt take the opportunity to attack my body when I am sick? Why does it only happen after orgasm?

Thanks for your postings and the tip about the casey protein being lacked in the dairy diet.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: 12/09/2008 20:24:45 »
Reminder: questionnaire can be found at http://pois.olympe-network.com
Filling it out helps us better understand and formalize this problem.

Also: Many thanks to Martin88 for his technical assistance.  He found the olympe-network host.
:)
« Last Edit: 12/09/2008 20:34:39 by Counterpoints »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: 12/09/2008 21:47:43 »
Matt,
While we have a latent infection, keep in mind, its still an infection, we just go on living our lives with very few symptoms.. that is.. until we are stressed out, have sex or experience some sort of physical trauma

I can conceive that it might be a latent infection that emerges by some mechanism post sex, but stress or trauma most certainly have never initiated my POIS.

It is also quite peculiar how we seem to have such a wide variety of symptoms, mine were mainly of a mental nature, while I have never experienced fatigue issues like others have. Perhaps we have multiple bugs on the loose.

I am glad that I have something that is working for me, as I am not tempted to try this extreme experiment you are suggesting. I am curious to read the thoughts of this Trever Marshall, but obviously, depriving oneself of vitamins doesn't sound wise.
« Last Edit: 12/09/2008 22:04:22 by John21 »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: 12/09/2008 21:58:03 »
Can I just say that it's fantastic to see the solidarity of fellowship amongst the wonderful people here in this thread.

Demografx and everybody else does a wonderful job to investigate and continue the motivation to find a cure/treatment. Demografx is a fantastic moderator !

You are all extremely correct to treat any new information with skepticism and question everything...and do keep questioning !..This is of course how true results are found by asking and empirical research !

Hopefully Dr Matt will respond with some evidence not just of his findings but also his/her credentials. If Dr Matt is bonafide then he/she should not step away from the questions but relish the opportunity here to elaborate further.

Good on you all !!

Hugs

neil

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: 12/09/2008 22:43:56 »
Again, I think pretty much everyone missed the nuance in what I was suggesting in regards to psychological issues.
I may have missed it, too. Perhaps from too many years (decades actually!) of dead-end frustration chasing my tail with psychologists, psychiatrists and "spiritual guides". I'll try to be more open.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: 12/09/2008 22:50:15 »
Can I just say that it's fantastic to see the solidarity of fellowship amongst the wonderful people here in this thread.

Demografx and everybody else does a wonderful job to investigate and continue the motivation to find a cure/treatment. Demografx is a fantastic moderator !

You are all extremely correct to treat any new information with skepticism and question everything...and do keep questioning !..This is of course how true results are found by asking and empirical research !

Hopefully Dr Matt will respond with some evidence not just of his findings but also his/her credentials. If Dr Matt is bonafide then he/she should not step away from the questions but relish the opportunity here to elaborate further.

Good on you all !!

Hugs

neil

THANKS MUCH, NEIL, FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!!

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: 13/09/2008 03:26:57 »
No worries Demo. I completely relate to how you feel.  I'm fighting a battle with myself to try and be objective, and it's hard.  It's so annoying when someone just dismisses things that are really affecting you, when they obviously haven't given you a fair hearing, and hardly know anything about your particular situation. 

John: Your case and mine seem quite similar.  I do not have marked physical symptoms.  Just excruciating mental ones.  I get a horrible feeling of agony when I try to exert myself mentally, when symptomatic. I also have terrible difficulty expressing myself -- even simple thoughts.  And my speech is quite obviously interrupted, and quite frequently, by forgetting the names of even very simple words -- bench, mat, trunk, etc. I'm hoping the garlic will help and I will keep everyone posted.  Is there anything else you are trying?

CCconfucius: From the amount I am linking the form (http://pois.olympe-network.com), I'm guessing it is no surprise I recommend filling it out.  After you are finished, you are automatically given a link to other people's responses -- including their theories.  I would recommend printing some of these responses, and showing them to your Dr.

Also, you can look through the forum.  B_jim, amongst others, have some good thoughts on the potential cause of this problem.

Thank ewe Neil. ;)
« Last Edit: 13/09/2008 03:30:03 by Counterpoints »

Offline Finally

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: 13/09/2008 17:12:59 »
On The immune system theory: 
1. My lymphe nodes swell.  So wouldn't that be a symptom of my immune system going into high  gear?
2. With a shut down immune system  I would then be succeptable to various illnesss.  Other than POIS I hardly ever get anything.  During Flu season I will hand around those who have the FLU and haven't had it for years.  The last bad one was in 1991 and I know that I had a very busy schedule for a couple of weeks and would have avoided orgasm to have enough energy. overall fatigue probably contributed.  I had a mild case in 96 but I had ended a relationship and was in a very unsexual mode.  I had also just gotten over a prostate infection and had taken antibiotics.  Depression may have also contributed to them
3.Since I have benefitted in recovery process with Vitamins. Why would I delete them?  They don't seem be part of the problem> Plus Probotics help by increasing Gut bacteria.  Doses of antibiotics would kill the essential bacteria.  This seems similar to Chemo and Radiation for Cancer patients.  You need to get the Cancer cells so to kill them do mass destruction.  When totally desperate that may be the ony hope.  The alernative is death.
 Avoiding sunlght as well sound like a cure where you push your body to the brink of death so you come back but rhe bacteria may not.   

Offline post-chronic

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: 13/09/2008 17:40:37 »
This is a delayed response about the psychosomatic discussion (it took a while to write).

It is generally but not always assumed that if something has a significant psychosocial factor, it therefore has a psychosocial solution and any bio-psychological abnormalities will mostly correct themselves. How Counterpoints defined psychosomatic sounds more specific (rather than broader) than girlwind's suggestion, because it mostly deals with brain chemistry. However, he also then makes a good point that non-psychological issues could be closely intertwined with psychosomatic symptoms. If POIS is psychosomatic in the sense that a psychiatric dysfunction/weakness is causing physical symptoms after sexual activity, it doesn't necessarily imply a primary psychological causation as such; the direction of causation is debatable even for "mental disorders" as they can be "neuropsychiatric". I generally agree with demografx's statement: "POIS is largely physical, and not psychologically rooted - ALTHOUGH early psychological trauma may have contributed to its early development." Any existing psychological factors (some of which have been expressed at this forum) are obviously a personal issue that varies between individual cases, and may or may not have an important role. However, we are now heading into a very grey area when trying to determine what role and what degree this plays a role.

I agree with girlwind's notion of psychological stresses having potential longterm damage that can spread outside the usual realm of biological psychiatry. Psychological stress and psychiatric illness are both associated with increased risk of developing a range of serious diseases, but research into the exact mechanisms has a long way to go. Whether or not this makes them "psychosomatic" depends on the definition used. Psychiatric illness itself often if not usually involves secondary physical symptoms, which only confuses the issue because the relationship isn't fully understood. The mind-body problem remains unsolved and the history of psychiatry itself seems to reveal a relatively poor accuracy on the issue.

Some interpretations of "psychosomatic" that I have come across include:
(a) people experience mental-emotional distress "as" physical symptoms (it somehow gets "converted");
(b) people confuse mental-emotional distress with the consequential physical symptoms because they can't tell the difference;
(c) people undergoing mental-emotional distress are "focusing too much" on "ordinary" physical symptoms;
(d) people's mental-emotional distress has "sensitized" their nervous system to physical sensations;
(e) people have a reduced tolerance and are simply complaining about "ordinary" physical sensations that everyone else accepts as normal;
(f) chronic mental-emotional distress causes a secondary disruption of biological systems, giving rise to chronic physical symptoms, especially under load;
(g) chronic mental-emotional distress is a catalyst for the development of other diseases.

The classification of an illness is difficult without knowing much about the mechanisms. Keeping in mind, both the terms "psychological" and "physical" have a broader context than some people may realise. Psychological factors are obviously mediated through biological mechanisms, while physical dysfunction doesn't necessarily mean "organic". I think that some answers will be found in psychoneuroimmunology, but there is some way to go yet. The medical profession seems just as confident as ever that essentially all (important) diseases have been discovered, and the tendency to over psychologise other peoples "medically unexplained" physical symptoms is probably just as common as it was in Freud's era, and yet we shouldn't overestimate the scientific understanding of "somatisation".

It is unlikely that POIS will be generally accepted as an actual disease any time soon, at best it might be viewed as a "functional somatic syndrome" or interpreted within a "biopsychosocial" framework, which generally means a psychiatric undertone and has been used synonymously with psychosomatic illnesses as a euphemism for them. Along with this comes the usual old arguments about being "stress induced" (it will go away once you're no longer psychologically stressed) or "belief based" (conditioning yourself to experiencing POIS), and your disagreement will be seen as a form of denial or evidence that you lack the insight to realise the "real" source of your problems.

Food for thought!

Offline girlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: 13/09/2008 19:11:48 »
Thank you Post-chronic, for your very well articulated thoughts. At least, we in the West have gotten
beyond illness viewed as "demonic possession." ;D  Or maybe we've just exchanged the term "demons"
for that of psycho-pathology.
« Last Edit: 13/09/2008 21:18:09 by girlwind »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: 13/09/2008 22:42:18 »
At least, we in the West have gotten beyond illness viewed as "demonic possession." ;D  Or maybe we've just exchanged the term "demons" for that of psycho-pathology.
girlwind, this is great. But I still need to know if my periodic depression is caused by black or yellow bile. I'm also considering a POIS cure of blood-letting :)
« Last Edit: 13/09/2008 23:33:17 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: 13/09/2008 23:07:23 »
post-chronic, you sound like you have some serious scientific training in your background, is that correct?
« Last Edit: 13/09/2008 23:28:53 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: 14/09/2008 01:32:54 »
I think this is...perhaps a problem with the adrenal glands.
Counterpoints, this is exactly what a longtime Oriental medicine practitioner concluded about my POIS years ago. Specifically, she said my adrenal glands were "too small" - presumably to withstand the shock of orgasm?
« Last Edit: 14/09/2008 01:41:11 by demografx »

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: 14/09/2008 04:39:49 »
Demografx: I'm not an expert in physiology, and I haven't carefully studied the adrenal gland possibility -- I plan to do so soon -- but here are some loose points I have collected, in a somewhat disorganized way, over time.

- Orgasm affects dopamine levels
- Very low dopamine levels associated with many of the symptoms we have experienced (see ref. 1).
- Very high dopamine levels can also cause some of our symptoms (I remember reading this in the past - a good ref. would be useful).
- Dopamine is a catecholamine closely related to adrenaline and noradrenaline
- The adrenal glands chiefly responsible for regulating the "stress" response through the synthesis of corticosteroids and
catecholamines (wikipedia).
- Adrenal glands produce the catecholamine hormones adrenaline (epinephrine) and noradrenaline (norepinephrine). These water-soluble hormones, derived from the amino acid tyrosine, are part of the fight-or-flight response initiated by the sympathetic nervous system. (Wiki)
- I often feel as though I'm engaged in the "flight" response during periods of POIS
- Beta blockers block the action of endogenous catecholamines (epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline) in particular), on β-adrenergic receptors, part of the sympathetic nervous system which mediates the fight or flight response.(Wiki)
- Imre1 recovered after using Emconcor (bisoprolol), a fairly selective Beta-1 blocker
- There are three known types of beta receptor, designated β1, β2 and β3. β1-Adrenergic receptors are located mainly in the heart and in the kidneys. β2-Adrenergic receptors are located mainly in the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, liver, uterus, vascular smooth muscle, and skeletal muscle. β3-receptors are located in fat cells. (Wiki).
- I have an anaphylactic allergic reaction to peanuts; as a result, I've had to be directly injected with adrenaline many times in my life.  While this certainly has an effect on me, it has not caused POIS symptoms.

Some possible conclusions:
- Following orgasm, unusual levels of dopamine, noradrenaline, adrenaline, or some other corticosteroid or catecholamines, may be causing some of our symptoms.
- Based on Imre1's solution, Beta-1 receptors may be more relevant to this problem than Beta-2 or Beta-3 receptors.
- Adrenaline may not be as relevant as other catecholamines to this problem (based on my reaction to adrenaline injection).

Routes:
- Interesting to see the results of non-selective beta blockers (like nadolol), and selective beta blockers, on our symptoms.
- Wellbutrin, a dopamine and noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor, is likely also worth testing, though it could have an opposite effect to betablockers. 

(Note: I tried Wellbutrin for a couple days, and then stopped.  It did not have a markedly bad or good effect on the symptoms, though I would likely have to try it for many weeks to really know.  I did feel more focused, and got more work done than usual with the Wellbutrin.  It felt somewhat like having taken Ritalin.  Anxiety increased somewhat.  I would recommend talking about this med with your physician.  I have also tried nadolol and bisoprolol, though I used the nadolol inconsistently.  I am still testing bisoprolol, but I can say I have not felt any adverse effects on symptoms, and believe I am feeling some improvement.  I cannot be sure yet, however.).

This information is not authoritative.  I encourage others to do their own research.  I plan on discussing this with a physician, and doing some thorough research, when I have time.

References (I encourage others to read, they are very informative and not long):
1: http://www.reuniting.info/science/articles/acute_dopamine_depletion_causes_psychological_distress
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenal_glands
3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_blocker

« Last Edit: 14/09/2008 04:42:45 by Counterpoints »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: 14/09/2008 17:16:59 »
I am currently reading about overactive thyroid disorders, hyperthyroidism. I have explored this before and found a dead end when the blood tests were negative, yet I am again curious due to symptoms that fit my profile: insomnia, double vision, etc. The fact that the amount of sugar consumption has a direct relationship to how early I wake at night makes me suspicious of a metabolism problem, which is apparently what the thyroid hormones control. Another symptom is frequent bowel movements. Due to my healthy diet I am regular every morning (unless I am trying new diets), but it often consists of more than one movement, three is not unusual. There is always the tendency to see our own symptoms in unrelated diseases, but I feel I have to explore this some more.

If I do have a thyroid problem it may be secondary to POIS, resulting from the havoc that POIS wrought. Or perhaps POIS is actually an unusual manifestation of a thyroid problem... hyperthyroidism symptoms are quite varied and include attention span problems and fatigue.

Has anyone else here been tested for thyroid problems?

Compare your symptoms: http://thyroid.about.com/cs/testsforthyroid/a/selftest.htm

Offline girlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: 14/09/2008 17:52:08 »
I think this is...perhaps a problem with the adrenal glands.
Counterpoints, this is exactly what a longtime Oriental medicine practitioner concluded about my POIS years ago. Specifically, she said my adrenal glands were "too small" - presumably to withstand the shock of orgasm?

According to my understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the emphasis there is not so much on
the physical pathology, but more on the function of the organs and movement of chi (energy) through them.
Also, the diagnostic labels of what define "an organ" are much broader in definition than those of Western
medicine. So it surprises me that a TCM practitioner would actually conclude that your adrenals are too small....?
Which isn't to say that they're not, it's just that it seems a rather a presumptuous diagnosis. Maybe... considering
that TCM divides chi into two categories--one being the chi (energy) gathered from food and air and water, and
the other being the source energy, or what they call the "congenital chi," what she meant was that your congenital
chi is weak or deficient. Just a thought...

Usually, in my visits with acupuncturists and TCM practitioners, I've been diagnosed as having a "kidney
deficiency" (among other things), and being both kidney yang and kidney yin deficienct. The kidney yang
correlates most closely in Western terms to adrenal functioning, and more generally to the functioning of
the energy metabolism and the endocrine system. The yang of the kidney--adrenals is considered the
"root energy" of the body, like the pilot light for our entire energy system. The kidney yin refers to all
the fluid aspects of the body--like blood, lymph, reproductive juices, hormonal secretions, etc. Tonifying
the yang deficiency, without upsetting the yin, is rather tricky and requires someone very skilled with herbs.

There are tonic herbs that are prescribed for something like this, and some of these have been very helpful
for me. However, one of the best practitioners I've met emphasized the importance of personal habits as
being a key element in repairing any kind of deficiency condition. As she put it, "you can gobble down tonic
herbs until the cows come home, but if you keep on burning LIKE THAT, you'll never catch up on the energy
you've lost." The main "habit" that I've had to address (sometimes less successfully than I'd like to) is NEVER
“RUNNING ON EMPTY,” when it comes to rest and food. This means: ALWAYS eating a nourishing breakfast
before beginning any activity, ALWAYS eating regular meals with some protein at each meal, AVOIDING
overdoing to the point of exhaustion, (very hard with CFS), getting to bed as EARLY as possible, ideally by 10
pm., and sleeping at least eight hours, and developing really good TOOLS for coping with stress, so as to
avoid those cortisol spikes that cause so much burn-out.

I know it's a lot easier to take a pill, which is my inclination with all the supplements I eat each day, but I
think the really holistic approach that includes the above has to be included for real healing to happen and
to last. That has been my intention.

Offline girlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 14/09/2008 18:12:13 »
Has anyone else here been tested for thyroid problems?

Compare your symptoms: http://thyroid.about.com/cs/testsforthyroid/a/selftest.htm

Funny you should mention it, but I am currently awaiting my complete hormone profile test results
from ZRT Labs., including a thyroid panel. Will keep you posted on the results.

In the mean time, I have discovered that I have a very significant iodine deficiency, which I think
has been undiagnosed a problem for some time now. I began reading about the thyroid a few weeks
ago and came across a very helpful article/interview with Dr. Joseph Mercola.
http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/mercola.htm

According to Mercola, there is a simple test for iodine deficiency.

"A simple way to determine if one requires (iodine) is to paint a patch of tincture of iodine on your
skin the size of a half dollar. The iodine brown coloration should last at least 24 hours. The faster it
is absorbed the greater the body's iodine deficiency."

My iodine patch was gone in 3 hours, so I did another one just to verify, and sure enough this one
had disappeared in 3 hours as well. After this I researched and purchased the supplement below.
http://www.modifilan-seaweed-extract.com/AboutModifilan.aspx?rd=1&categoryid=1&keyword=organic%20seaweed
I've been taking it for only one week and already I have noticed a change in my energy level and in
the almost total relief of a uncomfortable squeezy feeling in my throat. Also, my last orgasm produced
very little in the way of mental fog POIS symptoms, and only the physical fatigue, which lasted only one
day. There could be other factors influencing the minimal POIS as well (my CFS is better right now), but
the addition of the thyroid boosting iodine is something I will be paying close attention to.

« Last Edit: 14/09/2008 18:17:27 by girlwind »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 14/09/2008 18:20:30 »
- I often feel as though I'm engaged in the "flight" response during periods of POIS
Counterpoints, in your excellent scientific exploration above, this sentence stands out. I am clearly in "flight" mode in POIS. And POIS definitely clobbers my "fight" mechanism!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 14/09/2008 18:30:51 »
So it surprises me that a TCM practitioner would actually conclude that your adrenals are too small....?
Which isn't to say that they're not, it's just that it seems a rather a presumptuous diagnosis.
girlwind, I can't vouch for my TCM practitioner's credibility except to say that she had (now deceased) a successful practice. This may sound silly, but I thought she knew my adrenals were small from touching them (she gave a _brutal_ massage, which felt good afterwards. Maybe because she finally stopped the torture? :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 14/09/2008 19:14:57 »
According to my understanding of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the emphasis there is not so much on
the physical pathology, but more on the function of the organs and movement of chi (energy) through them.
I wasted many years (on and off) chasing the Taoist Mantak Chia's 5,000 year old idea that releasing sperm = losing chi = POIS. His books seemed to me to describe POIS, and that "losing" sperm is the culprit and should be avoided at all costs. So I finally learned his technique of achieving orgasm without ejaculation. But my POIS still raged on its destructive path as badly as it ever did!
« Last Edit: 14/09/2008 19:26:24 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #1249 on: 14/09/2008 19:14:57 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums