The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6426437 times)

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #12800 on: 14/04/2011 22:53:38 »

Demo T/P Update

This morning, Day 3 of my T/P treatment, I woke up with a very significant increase in my libido. I wrote to my endocrinologist, wondering if it was just a coincidence or a placebo effect.

He replied that he is speculating  but it is possible that I am experiencing a side effect of the T/P treatment!

Hopefully it will be temporary, or you'll end up with one arm way bigger than the other!

Maybe you've got a good use for the specimen bottles. (what were their names again?)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: 14/04/2011 23:13:09 »

Hopefully it will be temporary, or you'll end up with one arm way bigger than the other!

Nah, I just got an offer from Charlie Sheen to help out with his goddesses.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: 14/04/2011 23:34:36 »
Demo: Glad to hear that you might be benefiting from your new treatment!

For a week or so I have been feeling somewhat lousy, sort of what the second half of POIS used to feel like. I am surprised by this as I didn’t O or NE recently that I remember. Lately I have been having a lot of tension in my shoulders, and last week my upper back went out on me. Now, a week later and I am feeling drained and foggy. I am contemplating that perhaps my POIS is due to essentially a prostate problem. I have no negative sensations from that area, but I imagine that having inflammation down there would feel like this. Perhaps this possibility fits with Lauracostis’s hypothesis on how POIS might not be due to a semen allergy at all.  So I have ordered some prostate herbs to pop and perhaps it will have some effect, although they seem to have spotty performance at best from what I have read so far.

Now tonight I was looking in a prostate forum and came across this.
He says that his prostate problems persisted after the bacterial infection was gone, due to trauma that left the "pelvic floor" area weak and tense. He says that he overcame this condition from doing pelvic floor exercises and perhaps Thai massage. I’m thinking I’ll look into the exercises at least. I have always had “shy bladder syndrome”, so that might fit as well.  Anyway, I have to go figure out where my pelvic floor is, hope I don’t hurt my neck more looking for it.  :o)

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: 15/04/2011 00:43:39 »

For a week or so I have been feeling somewhat lousy, sort of what the second half of POIS used to feel like. I am surprised by this as I didn’t O or NE recently that I remember. Lately I have been having a lot of tension in my shoulders, and last week my upper back went out on me. Now, a week later and I am feeling drained and foggy. I am contemplating that perhaps my POIS is due to essentially a prostate problem. I have no negative sensations from that area, but I imagine that having inflammation down there would feel like this. Perhaps this possibility fits with Lauracostis’s hypothesis on how POIS might not be due to a semen allergy at all.  So I have ordered some prostate herbs to pop and perhaps it will have some effect, although they seem to have spotty performance at best from what I have read so far.

He says that his prostate problems persisted after the bacterial infection was gone, due to trauma that left the "pelvic floor" area weak and tense. He says that he overcame this condition from doing pelvic floor exercises and perhaps Thai massage. I’m thinking I’ll look into the exercises at least. I have always had “shy bladder syndrome”, so that might fit as well.  Anyway, I have to go figure out where my pelvic floor is, hope I don’t hurt my neck more looking for it.  :o)
I have this too. Tension in the shoulders and back. Stabs in the whole body. My urologist said that it could be an UTI with a virus. Once they didn't find anything in the urine. But the doctor gave me antiobiotics. This helped. And now I have it again. Today they checked my urine and they found a small amount of protein. If you had 1 UTI the chance is big that it will return. And with POIS that chance is bigger.

I had scans and a camera inside the prostate. In my case everything was perfect. In my case I think it's POIS-related.
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 00:59:44 by Vandemolen3 »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: 15/04/2011 00:50:22 »
Another symptom of an UTI is an itchy scrotum. And the p. pulls back and looks smaller. Just like it's cold or when are in a cold swimming pool. A retreat.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: 15/04/2011 01:51:46 »

I have this too. Tension in the shoulders and back. Stabs in the whole body. My urologist said that it could be an UTI with a virus. Once they didn't find anything in the urine. But the doctor gave me antiobiotics. This helped. And now I have it again. Today they checked my urine and they found a small amount of protein. If you had 1 UTI the chance is big that it will return. And with POIS that chance is bigger.

I had scans and a camera inside the prostate. In my case everything was perfect. In my case I think it's POIS-related.

About ten years ago when I was still bugging doctors about my POIS I discovered that I routinely had microscopic amounts of blood in the urine, and also protein. I have never known what having elevated protein in urine might indicate.  I was completely checked by a urologist and everything was fine, but I suppose that was a crude measure of his finger. They also looked up inside my urethra with the scope, it all seemed good.

It occurs to me that I have been sitting more recently at nights as I have been reading a book. I have read that simply sitting for long periods can put stress on the prostate area. I suppose even more so if the area is susceptible from prior trauma.  Maybe this is why I have been feeling so lousy this week.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: 15/04/2011 03:38:43 »

Demo T/P Update

This morning, Day 3 of my T/P treatment, I woke up with a very significant increase in my libido. I wrote to my endocrinologist, wondering if it was just a coincidence or a placebo effect.

He replied that he is speculating  but it is possible that I am experiencing a side effect of the T/P treatment!
didnt you increase your testosterone, this might be why.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: 15/04/2011 04:21:22 »
Yes, CC, I did, temporarily, like I very often do on Day Zero (Tuesday, Lab Day). But I don't usually feel like I did this morning (2 days later).

Oh well, time will tell. Meanwhile, I hope this drowsy-dreamy feeling isn't from T/P, I napped a lot today.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: 15/04/2011 04:22:48 »

John, thank you!

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: 15/04/2011 06:43:37 »

I would eat my own excrement if it meant for a pois cure  :P

haha, I'll stop right there.

GoingCrazy, we all thank you for doing so!  ;D

Are you sure?  I could say more...  :-\ haha

I suggest you guys just give excedrin pm a try.  I had 5-6 O's yesterday and usually today is my worst but i feel incredibly normal and happy.  Although I did feel semi pois (yesterday), I'd say about < 25% yesterday. 

Also I've noticed my eyes turning blue and red, but I believe that's possibly from me rubbing them, because I feel some kind of inflammation behind my forehead... so I've stopped rubbing them and the feeling is getting better and my eyes are no longer looking like i am a walking dead.  This condition is weird.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #12810 on: 15/04/2011 06:48:06 »

GC, interesting. Sometimes I take medications sublingually for a speedier effect.

Not sure I'd want to try semen that way, though  :)

Demo, we all know that you've done it before.  :o

haha, I'll stop right there.

There is also chance that saliva neutralizes substances present in the ejaculate thus biasing the result hoped for

Carlitto, excellent point.

Uh-oohh

Would that mean that the test done by the nurses here might be skewed?

I mean, the process of just putting semen under your tongue doesn't seem too bad, at least compared to the guy who drank a whole load (:DLOL :D).  After all it's just different elements, protons and neutrons, you just have to look at it a different way.  Like eating certain foods, or worms, you just look at it and think oh my g*d its a worm, but really all it comes down to is the elements (not saying i eat worms ?).  So taking semen under your tongue doesn't seem too disgusting for me.

And true about the saliva, the sperm might only stay there for a few minutes at most right?
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 06:50:45 by GoingCrazy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: 15/04/2011 07:02:41 »

Demo T/P Update Day 3

POIS was greatly improved today. T/P? Placebo? Stay tuned  :)
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 07:14:21 by demografx »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: 15/04/2011 07:25:48 »

Demo T/P Update

Hi demo,
I'm also glad you got your sperm count before starting the treatment. That is definitely valuable information.
Good to hear your treatment might be benefiting you.

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: 15/04/2011 08:23:42 »

Demo, even though your doctor said you have no sperm, try and see if you can get an actual count(number).  No sperm may just mean you barely have any sperm compared to a regular male.

OK, Laurac, you asked for it! :) Directly from The Lab:

Sperm Concentration         0.00000  mill/mL
         Total Sperm                    million
Total motile sperm             0.0000   million
Total progressive                       million

Ejaculate volume                 4.80    mL

I have more data if you want (seminal pH, sperm motility, etc.)
yeah, demo your doctor was not joking when he said you don't have any sperm.  I hope the symptoms of increase libido and sleepiness are not from the P/T combo, or if they are that they go away.  I am not sure if those numbers are really accurate down to 10 sperm/ml, but that's how accurate the test say it is.  How much relief do you think you are getting from the T alone if you were not taking the adderall with it.

I do not remember if I asked you this before but do you take Lipitor or any Statins for high cholesterol/LDL.

Also, you will not have to worry about impregnating any of Charlies goddesses with a sperm count like that. 

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: 15/04/2011 10:02:17 »
About ten years ago when I was still bugging doctors about my POIS I discovered that I routinely had microscopic amounts of blood in the urine, and also protein. I have never known what having elevated protein in urine might indicate.  I was completely checked by a urologist and everything was fine, but I suppose that was a crude measure of his finger. They also looked up inside my urethra with the scope, it all seemed good.

It occurs to me that I have been sitting more recently at nights as I have been reading a book. I have read that simply sitting for long periods can put stress on the prostate area. I suppose even more so if the area is susceptible from prior trauma.  Maybe this is why I have been feeling so lousy this week.
If there is a lot of protein in the urine this could mean that there is something wrong with the kidneys. But in my case it was a very small amount.
Maybe it's an idea for you for a new urine check.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: 15/04/2011 12:31:15 »

Also, you will not have to worry about impregnating any of Charlies goddesses with a sperm count like that. 

Although there's probably someone there who'll say he'd have a lot more to worry about if he tried!! ;D ;D

Offline scooby

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: 15/04/2011 12:58:12 »
Hi Demo,
Thanks for your encouraging reply about your children. That is really good. Im single and its just a worry trying to explain these things. I live in the UK and feel embarrassed to tell my doctor about POIS.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: 15/04/2011 18:18:53 »

I suggest you guys just give excedrin pm a try.

GoingCrazy, I do know that you mean well, your intentions are sincere, but please refrain from giving others POIS treatment advice. Even physicians do not do this over the Internet without seeing the patient. We are all different, and some people here have been desperate enough to try anything.

They might even try overdosing your suggestion.

There are also countless "silent readers" here who are not necessarily up to speed on everything we discuss.

GC, many thanks for your cooperation.

We value your participation here very much!

« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 18:31:24 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: 15/04/2011 18:27:15 »

Hi Demo,
Thanks for your encouraging reply about your children. That is really good. Im single and its just a worry trying to explain these things. I live in the UK and feel embarrassed to tell my doctor about POIS.

scooby, yes, it's sad that most doctors do not understand.

Do you know about Dr Goldmeier and Dr Dexter in London? They have both written about POIS, and they are listed  in our Collaborators' Database.
http://72.52.181.21/collaborator_list.php

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: 15/04/2011 19:11:02 »

Hi demo,
I'm also glad you got your sperm count before starting the treatment. That is definitely valuable information.
Good to hear your treatment might be benefiting you.

Many thanks, Animus! Hey, Animus, when your TV show comes on, maybe you could cash in and start Animus' Korner???

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: 15/04/2011 19:23:09 »

Demo T/P Update Day 4

I hope the symptoms of increase libido and sleepiness are not from the P/T combo, or if they are that they go away. 

Thanks, Laurac! Much better today. No libido increase(yesterday was Day Zero, though),  2 hours after T/P "libido++" is coming back a little...and sleepiness is much better! Not 100% better (I almost decided to quit T/P for this drowsiness!), but improved enough to the point of staying with T/P treatment for now. Wrote to endo about this.

edits above: in green.
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 20:46:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: 15/04/2011 19:35:45 »

How much relief do you think you are getting from the T alone if you were not taking the adderall ritalin with it.

Testosterone is unquestionably the vast majority of my POIS relief. Hard to say exactly how much ritalin (insurance switch) contributes, but it helps my attention/focus both in-and-out-of-POIS. During POIS I increase that, along with T.

I do not remember if I asked you this before but do you take Lipitor® or any Statins for high cholesterol/LDL.

Yes. Previously Lipitor®, now Crestor® for LDL. Doc wants me on Niaspan® for HDL. I've been avoiding starting up Niaspan® because of crappy initial side effects, which I can counter with uncoated 325mg aspirin...wotta pain lol!

(impressed with my ® ? hee hee)

Laurac, impregnation is the least of my worries. Biggest problem is how do I keep pace with the goddesses' accustomed romps with The Winning (Duh) and Bitchin' Torpedo-Of-Truth Rock Star From Mars???

Remember, Defeat Is Not An Option!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 20:48:41 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: 15/04/2011 19:41:29 »

The most amazing thing to me so far in this T/P experiment is how devastating POIS can be - even with no sperm!!! (Sorry, Dr Waldinger!). Wait, he did say SEMEN. :)

Even if the zero-sperm is a result of testosterone treatment, I am not 100% cured, I am 80%.

And - believe me - I have had some LULU 20%-days!!!!

« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 19:44:09 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: 15/04/2011 21:16:19 »

Demo T/P Update Day 4

I'm sorry guys, but if this drowsiness doesn't improve enough, I'll have to quit.
« Last Edit: 15/04/2011 21:17:59 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: 15/04/2011 21:49:06 »

I suggest you guys just give excedrin pm a try.

GoingCrazy, I do know that you mean well, your intentions are sincere, but please refrain from giving others POIS treatment advice. Even physicians do not do this over the Internet without seeing the patient. We are all different, and some people here have been desperate enough to try anything.

They might even try overdosing your suggestion.

There are also countless "silent readers" here who are not necessarily up to speed on everything we discuss.

GC, many thanks for your cooperation.

We value your participation here very much!

You want me to stop giving advice on what has helped me?  I understand the possibility of overdosing.  You can get information on any site about drugs. That's really their own responsibility.  I totally understand, but is there a way I can suggest a medication?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12824 on: 15/04/2011 21:49:06 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length