The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6461844 times)

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #12850 on: 17/04/2011 01:24:41 »

Semen includes non-sperm liquids. Are you suggesting liquids that are NOT semen?

Perhaps you meant to write, "Maybe it's not only a semen sperm allergy but also an allergy for the other liquids after an ejaculation."
Yes this is what I mean:
"Maybe it's not only a semen sperm allergy but also an allergy for the other liquids after an ejaculation."

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: 17/04/2011 04:10:10 »

Demo T/P Update Day 5 - Final

POIS appears to be 99% symptom-free today, but I'm suspicious of the placebo effect.

Thank you everyone for "participating" with me in this 'adventure'. I probably wouldn't have attempted it without your support (and of course my wonderful endocrinologist's).

edit - discontinuing T/P, as explained earlier (side effects).
« Last Edit: 17/04/2011 07:03:16 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: 17/04/2011 04:21:35 »

Semen includes non-sperm liquids. Are you suggesting liquids that are NOT semen?

Perhaps you meant to write, "Maybe it's not only a semen sperm allergy but also an allergy for the other liquids after an ejaculation."

Yes this is what I mean:
"Maybe it's not only a semen sperm allergy but also an allergy for the other liquids after an ejaculation."

Van. thank you very much for clarifying.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: 17/04/2011 12:10:52 »
Just a quick update on my situation, today is day 1 of POIS, apart from bloating there is no brainfog or fatigue, just a groggy feeling and I can think pretty clearly, slight back pain and indegestion but, this has to be one of the least symptomatic POIS episodes I've ever had in my life.

I've been experimenting quite a bit, it appears if you tweak the dosages POIS can be almost emilnated, depending on sex/masturbation frequency.

I have been abstaining for a month and then ejaculating 2-3 in a week and repeat for a the past 4-5 months, each and every time the resulting POIS is becoming less and less, and only know I'm starting to feel the postive effects of Orgasm, mood is better, concentration is actually slightly up and stress levels seem to be reduced, all of which quantify POIS is reducing each and everytime, I'm very confident, in a year or so I'll be totally POIS free, given the massive milestone I've come about today.

For those of you who are on test/HCG, it might be worth trying my method and seeing if it works for you, also. It seems to be modulating my system to accept orgasm, who knows.
« Last Edit: 17/04/2011 12:12:48 by Green »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: 17/04/2011 16:06:10 »
Just a quick update on my situation, today is day 1 of POIS, apart from bloating there is no brainfog or fatigue, just a groggy feeling and I can think pretty clearly, slight back pain and indegestion but, this has to be one of the least symptomatic POIS episodes I've ever had in my life.

I've been experimenting quite a bit, it appears if you tweak the dosages POIS can be almost emilnated, depending on sex/masturbation frequency.

I have been abstaining for a month and then ejaculating 2-3 in a week and repeat for a the past 4-5 months, each and every time the resulting POIS is becoming less and less, and only know I'm starting to feel the postive effects of Orgasm, mood is better, concentration is actually slightly up and stress levels seem to be reduced, all of which quantify POIS is reducing each and everytime, I'm very confident, in a year or so I'll be totally POIS free, given the massive milestone I've come about today.

For those of you who are on test/HCG, it might be worth trying my method and seeing if it works for you, also. It seems to be modulating my system to accept orgasm, who knows.

Just a reminder Green, you are on TRT? What is the dosage?

I wonder how this abstenance/2-3 per wk program could work for those who are not taking T as well?

Thx

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12855 on: 17/04/2011 20:14:35 »

Fantastic news, Green, thank you for sharing it!!!

Would you mind re-capping your med-mix?
« Last Edit: 17/04/2011 20:21:59 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: 17/04/2011 20:29:07 »

I wonder how [Green's] abstinence/2-3 per wk program could work for those who are not taking T as well?

Yes, I am curious, too! I have likewise had success with abstinence/continuation but it was fuzzy/accidental and nowhere near Green's length-of-abstention as well as precise measurement, so I'm anxious to learn more.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: 17/04/2011 20:45:20 »

Demo T/P Update Day 5 - Final

POIS appears to be 99% symptom-free today, but I'm suspicious of the placebo effect.

Thank you everyone for "participating" with me in this 'adventure'. I probably wouldn't have attempted it without your support (and of course my wonderful endocrinologist's).

edit - discontinuing T/P, as explained earlier (side effects).

Just to clarify for anyone following this, I stopped the 'P' in T/P before Day 5. So...my total T/P experimentation lasted 4 days, but I reported on the 5th Day because I assumed the 'P' was still in my system due to the half-life of most medications that I'm aware of. Thanks again.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: 17/04/2011 22:10:54 »
Demo,

Do you still have the Rx, in case you might somehow decide to try the "P" again?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12859 on: 17/04/2011 22:39:17 »

Demo,

Do you still have the Rx, in case you might somehow decide to try the "P" again?

Yes, Dave, including 4X refills! Pssst, wanna buy some...whoops, nevermind that's illegal! ;D
« Last Edit: 17/04/2011 22:43:05 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: 17/04/2011 22:47:07 »
Joking aside, I have thought of re-starting. But bothersome that I didn't adjust even after 4 (daily) doses. Took nausea meds even last night, 36+ hours since last dose. Today I'm ok.

I'm waiting for Guinea Pig #2  ;D
« Last Edit: 17/04/2011 22:49:21 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12861 on: 17/04/2011 22:52:48 »

Re-reading Dr Dexter's POIS paper was REALLY interesting! Now I see why my endo said to go ahead even after Zero-Sperm-Count. Dexter's case study made an impression on my endo (and he is a VERY skeptical endo).

Offline dbfd588

• View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: 18/04/2011 04:38:33 »
abstinence dont fix nothin! Ive abstained for the last 3 or so years. Im 21 and its been hard but POIS sucks! So its been worth it. Only orgasms I have are thru NE's about ever 2-3 weeks and POIS is still pretty strong. Usually a 2 day session. My symstoms have kinda contained to headache, tight chest, indigestion, and just lousy POIS feeling. Ive have tried the Fenugreek and it does seem to help take the edge off of the symtoms. But as far as abstinence goes, for me it helps because of the less frequent POIS, but it doesnt seem to help as far as the serverity of the symptoms I have. Well maybe tt has because I remmeber a time when POIS lasted a week. Symptoms as strong but last a shorter time.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: 18/04/2011 18:41:08 »
Tamsulosin update

For those who don't remember, Tamsulosin (aka Flomax) is a selective alpha-1A blocker, like Silodosin.  I took tamsulosin and it prevented semen from being emitted from the urethra upon orgasm; in other words, it gave me dry orgasms.  I did still have muscular contractions, and I may have had retrograde ejaculation, although I did not notice anything unusual in my urine.

In my last update, I said that on Tamsulosin I noticed a difference in my symptoms.  I will now be more specific about this.  The symptoms were generally worse following ejaculation, and there were qualitative changes.  For instance, I consistently got heart palpitations, and difficulty focusing and communicating, in addition to this great need for relief in two different ways which can be described with two different analogies -- 1) as if I had to go pee and was somehow unable to empty my bladder, 2) as if I had a drug addiction (e.g. heroin) and took flour instead.

Also, while on Tamsulosin, I instinctively felt I could not alleviate my symptoms with subsequent orgasm, as I have often been able to do.  It seemed, generally, that every time I had (a tamsulosin) orgasm my symptoms got worse.

Overall Tamsulosin made things worse rather than better, but to be fair I only tried it for a period of about 2 weeks.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: 18/04/2011 19:39:07 »
Tamsulosin update

Counterpoints,
I know what you mean by the great need for relief analogies I think. I felt the same way when I took medications that I interacted badly with, it was hard to describe literally. But I felt the exact same way.
It sounds like you had a bad interaction with it...

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: 18/04/2011 19:51:46 »
Tamsulosin update

Counterpoints,
I know what you mean by the great need for relief analogies I think. I felt the same way when I took medications that I interacted badly with, it was hard to describe literally. But I felt the exact same way.

I didn't really have side effects from the drug (without orgasm I felt normal), it just affected the way I responded to orgasm.  It also made some symptoms I occasionally have after orgasm (like heart palpitations) very consistent.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: 18/04/2011 21:26:07 »
Hi,I'M 51 and I'm suffering of this disease since 12 years. I saw many doctors. Today i talked to one of them who met Dr Marcel Waldinger at Malaga on this November. Dr Waldinger said to my doctor that he found the problem that cause POIS. However, Dr Waldinger don't want to talk right now. He's negotiating whit a scientific publication to publish is work. He told to my doctor that it would be published by 2 or 3 months from now. They met at a congress in Malaga this November.

Please, do you know more about this conference? :)  Smiley my doctors asked me some details , thank you !

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: 18/04/2011 21:41:08 »
Tamsulosin update

Counterpoints,

I didn't really have side effects from the drug (without orgasm I felt normal), it just affected the way I responded to orgasm.  It also made some symptoms I occasionally have after orgasm (like heart palpitations) very consistent.

The only note I might make, is that when I feel I have had retrograde ejaculation, things are worse for me in the same way as you mention but without the effects of "withdrawl" or desperately needeing to be fulfilled.
« Last Edit: 18/04/2011 23:03:57 by daveman »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: 18/04/2011 22:12:19 »

Hi,I'M 51 and I'm suffering of this disease since 12 years. I saw many doctors. Today i talked to one of them who met Dr Marcel Waldinger at Malaga on this November. Dr Waldinger said to my doctor that he found the problem that cause POIS. However, Dr Waldinger don't want to talk right now. He's negotiating whit a scientific publication to publish is work. He told to my doctor that it would be published by 2 or 3 months from now. They met at a congress in Malaga this November.

Please, do you know more about this conference? :)  Smiley my doctors asked me some details , thank you !

It was the 13th Congress of The European Society For Sexual Medicine, November 14-17, 2010, Malaga Spain:
http://www.essm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/medien/download/pdf/Programms/ESSM_Final_Program.pdf

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12869 on: 18/04/2011 22:17:21 »

Tamsulosin update

I took it for quite some time for its intended use, never saw any POIS effect. Didn't work particularly well for its intended use either.
« Last Edit: 18/04/2011 22:51:20 by demografx »

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #12870 on: 18/04/2011 23:15:29 »

Tamsulosin update

I took it for quite some time for its intended use, never saw any POIS effect. Didn't work particularly well for its intended use either.

Did it cause orgasms to be dry? (no ejaculation from urethra?)

Offline apostate801

• View Profile
« Reply #12871 on: 19/04/2011 01:24:53 »
Whoever mentioned saw palmetto helping their symptoms, thanks!  Been taking it for a month and having sex about once a week, noticed a decrease in symptoms.  It's still there but definitely more tolerable and not as long lasting?  I want to test more sex but too scared.  Full on POIS is brutal.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12872 on: 19/04/2011 07:33:32 »
I took [Flomax] for quite some time for its intended use, never saw any POIS effect. Didn't work particularly well for its intended use either.
Did it cause orgasms to be dry? (no ejaculation from urethra?)
No.
« Last Edit: 19/04/2011 07:51:05 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: 19/04/2011 07:34:19 »

Full on POIS is brutal.

"Truer words were never spoken"!

« Last Edit: 19/04/2011 07:52:05 by demografx »

Offline alky

• View Profile
« Reply #12874 on: 19/04/2011 16:33:22 »
Whoever mentioned saw palmetto helping their symptoms, thanks!  Been taking it for a month and having sex about once a week, noticed a decrease in symptoms.  It's still there but definitely more tolerable and not as long lasting?  I want to test more sex but too scared.  Full on POIS is brutal.

Hello good to hear that. i think i want to try one of these natural herbs but what should i chose for the first time? 

saw palmetto or fenugreek ? thanks guys . From what i can see saw palmetto is much more expensive than fenugreek.
« Last Edit: 19/04/2011 16:57:22 by alky »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12874 on: 19/04/2011 16:33:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums