The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6427675 times)

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #12900 on: 22/04/2011 09:54:34 »
I think the allergic reaction is causing the inflammation, not the opposite. And we suppose the door  for semen might be the urethra or vas deferens by  blood vessels or a tissues.
I agree with you.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: 22/04/2011 09:58:04 »
I am really counting on Vandemolen to tell us hopefully in a couple of months if he is seeing any improvement as a result of his hyposensitization.
I will. I also hope so that there will be a big improvement. But every POIS-patient reacts differently to desensitization.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: 22/04/2011 15:38:00 »
He thinks that it must be an inflamation somewhere. To have an alergy, the semen have to reach the blood. An inflamation is a door for the semen to get into the blood. Is there some of you is taking prednisone or something like that? Thank you.

I think the allergic reaction is causing the inflammation, not the opposite. And we suppose the door  for semen might be the urethra or vas deferens by  blood vessels or a tissues.

I think you're BOTH right!

This parallels Dr. Waldinger's suppositions quite well.

A type I allergy produces IgE as a defense(the initial inflamation/allergy), which among other things reduces the permiability of the tissues, permiting greater fluid transfer to increase counter-attack efficiency. This could actually "produce the gap" which enables a deeper penetration for the type IV process to commence.

The question is why doesn't this happen with everybody?

My case for instance, a vasectomy for 20 yrs. then a reversal 10 yrs. The 20 yrs of vasectomy produced anti-bodies to the sperm. Very healthy anti-bodies. The 10 yrs of reversal permited the antibodies to attach to the sperm, which afer so much time, weakened the vas and epidydimus.

My urologist, warned me this damage may happen, suggesting that it would be enough to "close the vas". Also didn't give much hope for fertility after the reversal, which proved correct.

My POIS appeared about 5 or 6 years after the reversal. So, I see the damage with time of antibody laden sperm in sensitive and delicate tissues as the the origin of "the gap".

What is it in others? Is it the reason for all POIS? We still don't know.

« Last Edit: 22/04/2011 15:42:56 by daveman »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: 22/04/2011 16:14:22 »
Has anyone here tried consuming sweet potatoes to counteract POIS? This is one food that I had previously found a correlated with fewer symptoms. Sweet potatos are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties. This week I had an NE with resulting minor POIS symptoms. A few days into it I remembered this food and ate a bunch (the orange type) and the next day symptoms were gone. There are other possible reasons: I started taking some herbal prostate pills, and I also did some icing with a cold pack on the front pelvic area. I'm thinking that something in this mix helped me. Sweet potatoes would be an easy thing for others to try against inflammation if that is in fact our enemy.

I thought we had discussed sweet potatoes in the past but my search for the posts came up rather dry.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: 22/04/2011 17:06:25 »
Has anyone here tried consuming sweet potatoes to counteract POIS? This is one food that I had previously found a correlated with fewer symptoms. Sweet potatos are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties. This week I had an NE with resulting minor POIS symptoms. A few days into it I remembered this food and ate a bunch (the orange type) and the next day symptoms were gone. There are other possible reasons: I started taking some herbal prostate pills, and I also did some icing with a cold pack on the front pelvic area. I'm thinking that something in this mix helped me. Sweet potatoes would be an easy thing for others to try against inflammation if that is in fact our enemy.

I thought we had discussed sweet potatoes in the past but my search for the posts came up rather dry.
I eat sweet potatoes a few times a year. But I didn't mention any relief. But you never know.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: 22/04/2011 17:45:10 »
I have the solution to POIS..... if only I could duplicate what happened last night!

It's been 3 wks of abstenence, and I'm getting a little antsy. But I need a break! And besides, the last "O" was scary, I don't want another one of those for a while!!

The wife and I played a little bit, but she knows I need a break, so we left it... there.

But later in the night I began to dream. In the dream I was really hot, and was touching IT. But I knew I couldn't get serious, albeit, I saw that I was going overboard, and so put my all into a really good orgasm. I didn't wake up right away, but when I did, the first thing I did was "check"..   and dry as a bone!

It was a virtual orgasm, but seemed very real and satisfying. I really couldn't beleive that I hadn't really "O'd". I had to chack about 4 times. Sheets, pants, etc. Nothing.

At worst I had a fair pressure in the prostate area, which is giving me problems right now anyways.

But today I'm fine. It wasn't a dry orgasm, I'm fairly sure that I didn't REALLY didn't "O". But if I could do it again, I would.

A dry NNE (Nocturnal Non-Orgasm)!!

Perfect. And besides, in the dream, I was with my wife.... what more can you ask for?

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: 22/04/2011 18:38:27 »
Because of my negative reaction on the allergy test, the allergist doesn't think a subcutaneous immunotherapy makes sense.  I'm tempted to do my own home dilution and sublingual immunotherapy.  Has anyone out there attempted this? I apologize I haven't read through all the posts.
Interesting but weird! I had a pricktest AND a subcutaneous test just a month ago. The pricktest was negative whereas the intracutaneous injections were all positive. The 1:100 dilution gave a wheal as big as the histamine control and the doctor couldn't believe his eyes but dismissed the possibility of doing hyposensitization because he doesn't know if autologous semen injections always cause allergy-like wheals in ANY person. We had so to say no POIS-free 'control person' to compare with. I saw my doctor yesterday again and she said well your blood and semen values are all normal... I will prescribe pollen-allergy pills that generally suppress the immune system. Try them if you think it is allergy what you're suffering from, won't hurt to try.

I am really counting on Vandemolen to tell us hopefully in a couple of months if he is seeing any improvement as a result of his hyposensitization.
Thanks for sharing Carlitto, this probably exists somewhere, but I wonder if we shouldn't put together recommendations for people that are getting the test, like this:
1) Sample: Fresh or Frozen?  If you prefer frozen, get a sterilized cut from the allergist.  Dr. Waldinger used frozen, and depending on how bad your POIS is, frozen can make scheduling a lot easier. 
2) Controls: Bring a significant other so that the Dr. can determine if it's an allergen or just irritant.
3) Concentration: Sounds like the higher the better.  1:1000 or 1:100 is normal, but for this test people on the forum have recommended higher like 1:1. 

You get the idea.  It's pretty frustrating to have a POIS reaction and get no medical validation.  Ha ha. 

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: 22/04/2011 18:43:18 »

Hi John21, that's an interesting idea.  I've noticed other people on the forum complaining of POIS induced digestive issues.  Never made the connection before, but I wonder if POIS can cause poor absorption of vitamins/minerals.  I took Mg tablets for over a year and they helped a lot because I think I was deficient.  Potatoes are very rich in vitamins or minerals so I wonder if that's why they help so much. 

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: 22/04/2011 19:16:38 »
Ok so I took a look at the list of collaborators and called Stephanie Putkowski at the Rare Disorders org.  Wow!!! WHAT a nice lady! She was thrilled to have me call, and gave high marks to all the hard work that has been done here on the forums (special shout out to demo!)  I asked her about finding me someone in the States who could help me with the skin ***** test.  She is super excited about the TLC show, and in general really feels for all of us.  I got teary-eyed after the convo.  She will get back to me soon!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: 22/04/2011 19:22:47 »
I have the solution to POIS..... if only I could duplicate what happened last night!

It's been 3 wks of abstenence, and I'm getting a little antsy. But I need a break! And besides, the last "O" was scary, I don't want another one of those for a while!!

The wife and I played a little bit, but she knows I need a break, so we left it... there.

But later in the night I began to dream. In the dream I was really hot, and was touching IT. But I knew I couldn't get serious, albeit, I saw that I was going overboard, and so put my all into a really good orgasm. I didn't wake up right away, but when I did, the first thing I did was "check"..   and dry as a bone!

It was a virtual orgasm, but seemed very real and satisfying. I really couldn't beleive that I hadn't really "O'd". I had to chack about 4 times. Sheets, pants, etc. Nothing.

At worst I had a fair pressure in the prostate area, which is giving me problems right now anyways.

But today I'm fine. It wasn't a dry orgasm, I'm fairly sure that I didn't REALLY didn't "O". But if I could do it again, I would.

Perfect. And besides, in the dream, I was with my wife.... what more can you ask for?

Author Patricia Garfield calls that "brain orgasm" and it is perfectly dry - and in my case, NEVER caused POIS. (Unlike Nocturnal Emissions, NE's, which caused vicious POIS for me).

Unfortunately, "brain orgasm" only happened to me a very few times, spontaneously, and could never be intentionally created. But it was every bit as intense as the real thing.

I'm really glad you brought that up. Maybe it CAN be cultivated, because it only happened to me after I started reading intensely about dreaming, particularly Lucid Dreaming, and ran across the very interesting concept of "brain orgasm".
« Last Edit: 22/04/2011 19:27:39 by demografx »

Offline horizon

• View Profile

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: 22/04/2011 19:34:04 »
Ok so I took a look at the list of collaborators and called Stephanie Putkowski at the Rare Disorders org.  Wow!!! WHAT a nice lady! She was thrilled to have me call, and gave high marks to all the hard work that has been done here on the forums (special shout out to demo!)  I asked her about finding me someone in the States who could help me with the skin ***** test.  She is super excited about the TLC show, and in general really feels for all of us.  I got teary-eyed after the convo.  She will get back to me soon!

Stefanie is a Great Friend to this forum and our cause.

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: 22/04/2011 19:42:09 »
Dr. Ronald Simon, an allergist at Scripps Clinic, in San Diego, and colleagues have written about another treatment (for semen allergy) in which an anti-allergy drug was mixed into contraceptive gel and then inserted into the vagina.

http://www.healthscout.com/news/1/536053_2/main.html

Dr. Ronald Simon sounds like an "innovative", outside-of the box doctor!!

San Diego is also where willem got his skinprick test done but at another this clinic.http://www.allergyandasthma.com/

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: 22/04/2011 20:35:52 »

Author Patricia Garfield calls that "brain orgasm" and it is perfectly dry - and in my case, NEVER caused POIS. (Unlike Nocturnal Emissions, NE's, which caused vicious POIS for me).

Unfortunately, "brain orgasm" only happened to me a very few times, spontaneously, and could never be intentionally created. But it was every bit as intense as the real thing.

I'm really glad you brought that up. Maybe it CAN be cultivated, because it only happened to me after I started reading intensely about dreaming, particularly Lucid Dreaming, and ran across the very interesting concept of "brain orgasm".

yes, i often, maybe once a month, have brain orgasm in my sleep- when i wake up i check im relieved to feel im dry. this happens more than waking up wet for me.

it causes some POIS but its not too bad really, abit burned out feeling, NEs are worse, awake orgasms obviously alot worse.

sometimes i cant remember the actual dream where a sexual event has occured, but can sense ive had one. but most i can remember the dream. i've noticed it is related to stress. if im not stressed, then theres more chances i'll wake up dry.
« Last Edit: 22/04/2011 20:42:22 by horizon »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: 22/04/2011 21:40:44 »

Very interesting! Both your comments remind me of a book I read a while back which mentioned "lucid" dreaming- in which the author had some conscious influence over his dreams. I've heard this is something that can be cultivated too. And with the proper effort one can control one's dreams. The book was written by Richard Feynman- a famous physicist.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #12915 on: 22/04/2011 21:49:51 »

Hi John21, that's an interesting idea.  I've noticed other people on the forum complaining of POIS induced digestive issues.  Never made the connection before, but I wonder if POIS can cause poor absorption of vitamins/minerals.  I took Mg tablets for over a year and they helped a lot because I think I was deficient.  Potatoes are very rich in vitamins or minerals so I wonder if that's why they help so much. 

Willem, do a search for sweet potatoes and inflammation. Sweet potatoes are not the same as regular potatoes.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: 23/04/2011 01:07:12 »

Hi again guys,

I'm trying to find the link to the page where all the sympathetic physicians/contacts are.  I found it on that new forum/website someone here had created, but I can't seem to find it now.  It's the one that has an IP address as part of the url?

Nightingale,

You're looking for:

http://72.52.181.21/collaborator_list.php

Worth repeating!

For 2 reasons:

1. Please use it.

2. Please contribute to it.
« Last Edit: 23/04/2011 01:16:06 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: 23/04/2011 01:28:35 »

Very interesting! Both your comments remind me of a book I read a while back which mentioned "lucid" dreaming- in which the author had some conscious influence over his dreams. I've heard this is something that can be cultivated too. And with the proper effort one can control one's dreams. The book was written by Richard Feynman- a famous physicist.

Wow, Feynman even experimented!

I achieved lucid dreaming using a technique called MILD (Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams) - -
http://www.psipog.net/art-mnemonic-induction-lucid-dreams.html

- - developed by Dr Stephen LaBerge of Stanford, a pioneer in the field. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I was so fascinated that I flew out to meet him.
www.lucidity.com

« Last Edit: 23/04/2011 01:31:01 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: 23/04/2011 01:35:46 »

For anyone interested, her book is called "Creative Dreaming", 1974.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: 23/04/2011 13:33:29 »

And I'm just going from memory, and am in day 1 besides..... but isn't one of the ingredients for female birth control pils taken from a sweet potatoe? One of the same ingredients that is used in the male contraceptive method as well?

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: 23/04/2011 13:34:44 »
Because of my negative reaction on the allergy test, the allergist doesn't think a subcutaneous immunotherapy makes sense.  I'm tempted to do my own home dilution and sublingual immunotherapy.  Has anyone out there attempted this? I apologize I haven't read through all the posts.
Interesting but weird! I had a pricktest AND a subcutaneous test just a month ago. The pricktest was negative whereas the intracutaneous injections were all positive. The 1:100 dilution gave a wheal as big as the histamine control and the doctor couldn't believe his eyes but dismissed the possibility of doing hyposensitization because he doesn't know if autologous semen injections always cause allergy-like wheals in ANY person. We had so to say no POIS-free 'control person' to compare with. I saw my doctor yesterday again and she said well your blood and semen values are all normal... I will prescribe pollen-allergy pills that generally suppress the immune system. Try them if you think it is allergy what you're suffering from, won't hurt to try.

Thanks for sharing Carlitto, this probably exists somewhere, but I wonder if we shouldn't put together recommendations for people that are getting the test, like this:
1) Sample: Fresh or Frozen?  If you prefer frozen, get a sterilized cut from the allergist.  Dr. Waldinger used frozen, and depending on how bad your POIS is, frozen can make scheduling a lot easier. 
2) Controls: Bring a significant other so that the Dr. can determine if it's an allergen or just irritant.
3) Concentration: Sounds like the higher the better.  1:1000 or 1:100 is normal, but for this test people on the forum have recommended higher like 1:1. 

You get the idea.  It's pretty frustrating to have a POIS reaction and get no medical validation.  Ha ha. 

I'll get a topic like that going on the other forum.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: 23/04/2011 13:58:20 »
Strangly, most of my attempts in lucid dreams to have sex never resulted in orgasm. I could do all kinds of things, but somehow never would get to the orgasm..... don't know what Freud would say about that?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: 23/04/2011 16:21:35 »

yes, i often, maybe once a month, have brain orgasm in my sleep- when i wake up i check im relieved to feel im dry. this happens more than waking up wet for me.

it causes some POIS but its not too bad really, abit burned out feeling, NEs are worse, awake orgasms obviously alot worse.

sometimes i cant remember the actual dream where a sexual event has occured, but can sense ive had one. but most i can remember the dream. i've noticed it is related to stress. if im not stressed, then theres more chances i'll wake up dry.

Brain 'O'/Nes is what keeps all my effort to control my self in vain. I get brain 'o' about once a week. The last time i was recovered and it happened it sent me right bakc to congnition problems.
so i hate them. Sorry daveman for some of having that instead of full 'O' dosnt stop pois.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: 23/04/2011 16:28:19 »
CC, Brain O is dry, NE is not.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: 23/04/2011 17:11:48 »
CC, Brain O is dry, NE is not.

So then it would be BO instead of NE?

All kidding aside, yes I definitely distinguish Brain O from Nocturnal Emissions. Brain O involves no physical orgasm whatsoever, and in my case, there was't even any pre-C..

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12924 on: 23/04/2011 17:11:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums