The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6454503 times)

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13200 on: 16/05/2011 11:34:05 »
i think its the worst ever illness ever discovered..
i am totally different when i am sufeering thru this..
cant make decisions,always blank,felling low,fell like running away frm people..
and when i am normal that is if around a week to 15 days have passed without sex or masturbation then i am very energetic with positive feeling and convincing powers and always confident...
i wish this illness gets a treatment asap so that me and people like me can live a normal life...

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: 16/05/2011 11:36:18 »
John21 and B_Jim, I will be getting a dvd copy of the show after it airs. Once I do, I'll see if I can try to get it to those of you who want to see it! Or somehow upload it.  Thanks!

I haven't posted here in a while -- been pretty busy. I just wanted to say that there are several software programs that might help with recording and/or uploading the DVD. You can rip (which basically means "record") the DVD to your hard drive. I use free software called DVD Shrink (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/copy_dvd/dvd_shrink.cfm) and have never had a problem. You can also do a screen capture, which will record anything (sound, visual, movies, etc.) that appears on your computer screen. CamStudio is a good free software for that (http://camstudio.org/). As to uploading and sharing... I'm sure there's a good way to do it. As others have mentioned, youtube might be difficult due to copywrite stuff. I'm pretty sure there's a way to upload videos and share them so only people with a link can access them -- in other words, it's not open to the public. This might be a possible solution? Just brainstorming.

I think these are good ideas. I didn't know about these programs.

Thanks, Hoping for the good ideas! I didn't know about those programs either.
Reminder: "Strange Sex": the POIS episode, airs this upcoming Sunday, (May 22nd) at 10pm on The Learning Channel (TLC).

I'm interviewed about my ordeal with severe POIS and subsequent surgery to solve it. There is a thread on the new Forum called "Animus Solution" under "Alternative Treatments" which may be a good place to discuss this afterward.
« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 11:49:52 by Animus »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: 16/05/2011 12:33:25 »
I always have acne after an O. The next day a lot acne. Especially on the top of the head, the face, nose and on my back. What could be the cause (I know it's because of POIS). What can I do against it?

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: 16/05/2011 14:14:27 »
Hurray, to add to your post, for a part it can also come from a human decision. Websites submited to and accepted by the directory dmoz.org were boosted by Google. And TNS is in dmoz.org which is a big achievement. However according to a forum, Google removed this guideline.

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: 16/05/2011 14:16:46 »
I always have acne after an O. The next day a lot acne. Especially on the top of the head, the face, nose and on my back. What could be the cause (I know it's because of POIS). What can I do against it?
I think suppressing sugar, mayo, chocolate, sausage and masticate food correctly/eating slowly can help a lot.
« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 14:19:51 by martin88 »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: 16/05/2011 15:12:44 »
The new forum link is now redirecting to:

www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

There are a couple of details that I have to straighten up, but for the  most part you shouldn't notice a difference. As I clean up the last details today. Everything should be exactly as it was before.

I made the change now to take advantage of the lower traffic during the weekend.

The domain name was the best I could find among those available... didn't like POISers for example. With Dr. Waldinger, there's a surprising number of domains with POIS in the title.

A new WEB header page will appear at www.POISCenter.com in the near future. So this will be our new home.

BIG thanks to Willem,  who made a donation towards the hosting and Domain name registration.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: 16/05/2011 16:42:04 »

"Women Can be Allergic to Sperm (Too)"
by Rayne Millaray
Published: May 16, 2011 1 

Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out.
So back in January, we told you about a male affliction called “post orgasmic illness syndrome”, and how researchers think it may be caused by an allergy to semen.

Well, men, don't feel bad. Some of us ladies are allergic to your sperm, too.

It's called “human seminal plasma hypersensitivity”, and within thirty minutes of exposure it can cause redness, swelling, itching, hives and even breathing difficulty. Similar to latex allergies, the cause is the proteins the sperm travels in, and not the sperm itself. And unfortunately, ladies, if you're like Leticia Ortega, a 36-year-old woman from Fort Worth, Texas, you may just randomly develop this allergy at some point in your life. She has the problem with her current partner. She didn’t have it when she was married.

“The allergist said that I either became sensitive,” she said, “or because I was married for so long, I was used to his sperm.”

Reactions can be prevented through the use of condoms, but there's a better way, physicians say. It's done by isolating the proteins in the male partner's ejaculate and testing the female partner by applying each to her skin. Once they've determined which she's allergic to, they inject her with a small amount so her body will learn how to fight it, like with bee sting allergies.

You just know some schmuck's gonna use this as “proof” that sex is bad, mmkay?
Tags: SEX.Couples SEX.Safe SEX.Women
Like this article? Share it NOW!

From
http://www.edenfantasys.com/sexis/sex/women-allergic-sperm-texas-0516113/

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: 16/05/2011 16:48:45 »

The new forum link is now redirecting to:

www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

Daveman, my profuse thanks for your incredible round-the-clock efforts, dedication and loyalty/allegiance to our group and to the POIS cause as a whole!!!
« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 17:30:06 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: 16/05/2011 17:04:46 »

BIG thanks to Willem,  who made a donation towards the hosting and Domain name registration.

Thank you, Willem!!!
« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 17:24:15 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: 16/05/2011 17:18:48 »

Reminder: "Strange Sex": the POIS Cable-TV episode!  Airs this upcoming Sunday, (May 22nd) at 10pm EST on The Learning Channel (TLC).

I'm interviewed about my ordeal with severe POIS and subsequent surgery to solve it. There is a thread on the new Forum called "Animus Solution" under "Alternative Treatments" which may be a good place to discuss this afterward.

Thanks, Animus, for being our POIS FORUM CELEBRITY!!
« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 17:27:48 by demografx »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: 16/05/2011 17:45:46 »
Any problems in the transfer of the new forum, advise me (and Demo) via PM. I'm having BIG problems with my internet connection which has complicated the transfer. But last minute cleanup of details is in progress, it's just taking more time than I'd like.

« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 20:37:25 by daveman »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: 16/05/2011 23:54:14 »
Thanks Daveman and Willem for improving our new forum site. I'm sure everyone greatly appreciates your contribution towards our cause.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: 17/05/2011 04:55:19 »
"MEN HAVE POIS"
CAN THIS REALLY BE TRUE?
Combination of interesting and silly - demo
http://my.opera.com/SqueakeyCat/blog/2011/05/12/men-have-post-orgasmic-illness
« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 04:59:19 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: 17/05/2011 05:12:32 »

bitu8489, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum!

Here are some POIS resources which may be helpful to you:

Our new POIS Forum for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php
THIS POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

The Learning Channel (TLC) upcoming feature TV presentation on POIS, featuring our member here at this forum, "Animus". They're planning to air it on May 22, 10pm Eastern Standard time. Animus will keep us informed of any changes.

Our POIS Information Website, built by "mat780", is here:
http://sites.google.com/site/POISwebsite/

The POIS Information Website is home to the famous POIS Forum Compendium, written by "Pyropeach", and contains theories already discussed here and treatments that have both worked and failed.

Please see "B_Jim"'s POIS Summary of All Cases, here as well as others on the Web. This includes remedies that we have tested, and results.
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg149009#msg149009

"Girlwind" has created an excellent POIS Video:

Our new POIS chatroom (realtime chat). Invite or visit another member(s) there, ANY TIME. We can all get to know each other better:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/POIS/chat

* Most recent POIS Research Studies, 2011 *

If you will send Prof. dr. Waldinger an e-mail, stating that you have read his message on the Forum, at http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg340138#msg340138 and that you are willing to fill in a questionnaire, he will send you the copies of both 2011 research articles by return through email. At a later date, he will send you the questionnaire which, after having filled in, you should send him back by e-mail.
His email:
prof.dr.waldinger.pois@gmail.com

Prof. dr. Marcel D. Waldinger's website:
http://www.post-orgasmic-illness-syndrome.com/en/index.html

First POIS Research Study, 2002

We have a copy of the first formal medical investigation on POIS by Prof. dr. Marcel D. Waldinger,MD,PhD, and Dr. Dave Schweitzer, MD.

Recent POIS Research Study, 2010

CASE REPORT
Postorgasm Illness Syndrome - A Spectrum of Illnesses
Jane Ashby, MRCP, and David Goldmeier, MRCP
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg316781#msg316781

British Medical Journal Case Report, 2010

Case study by Dr. Selwyn Dexter of a patient with a headache-featured POIS symptom treated with progesterone/norethisterone.
http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2010/bcr.10.2009.2359.short?rss=1

There are a couple of ways to get any or all of the above 3 studies: (1) if you want a PDF copy, send me a Private Message (PM) with your regular email address (use "AT" instead of "@" ) and I'll send you back the PDF.

Or, if you prefer, (2) I can simply reply with a Private Message (no regular email needed) and provide you with a simple text version embedded in your PM.

To send a Private Message, click on "Messages" at the top of this page. At the Messages page, click on "New Message". From that point on, it works just like posting a message here, except that it only goes to the person(s) you designate.

Remember to put a quote around my name, i.e., "demografx".

New York Times article,

January 20, 2009
Mind
Sex and Depression: In the Brain, if Not the Mind
By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=friedman%20sexual%20January%2020&st=cse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition to serving our own informational interests, the resources listed above can be useful for you to show our credibility to the medical world - which often shows little understanding and is sometimes skeptical of our condition: POIS has scientific underpinnings and POIS is not "just another psychological problem" related to sex - to be treated by the psychiatric/psychotherapeutic community. All of this information can greatly help you to fight the immediate reaction of some doctors: so just tell them, "IT'S NOT 'ALL IN OUR HEADS'! "

Also, it can be helpful when dealing with medical professionals to point out the successful existence of our rapidly growing forum, which has already been referenced in respectable sources such as the Journal of Sexual Medicine (Dr. Waldinger's study), British Medical Journal and wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome

For over 4 years, our POIS forum has attracted over 200 POIS sufferers worldwide who have posted here, research on an additional 200 sufferers elsewhere on the internet, plus over 1,000,000 page visits. Not bad for a rare malady!

« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 06:20:40 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: 17/05/2011 05:17:10 »

bitu8489, this post will help you find information about POIS that we have already discussed, by tailoring a Google search to this forum:

SEARCH THE FORUM WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of data: more than 4 years' worth of posts (over  10,000 posts!) from 200+ Forum members, and an additional 200 POIS sufferers found elsewhere on the Internet by Member B_Jim.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
nocturnal emission POIS site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

and 740 results came up for "nocturnal emission" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #13215 on: 17/05/2011 07:52:54 »
Hurray, to add to your post, for a part it can also come from a human decision. Websites submited to and accepted by the directory dmoz.org were boosted by Google. And TNS is in dmoz.org which is a big achievement. However according to a forum, Google removed this guideline.

Dmoz has been diminishing in importance for years (like the Yahoo directory), and Google factors this into their search algorithm. 5 years ago, a dmoz listing was a big deal - now, not so much. But it isn't worthless - we should certainly submit the new site to dmoz - they can take over a year to approve your site (really!), so if there is no dmoz listing after a few months it doesn't always mean that your application has been rejected.

Thanks for bringing the dmoz issue up, martin  :)
« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 07:55:49 by hurray »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: 17/05/2011 07:58:33 »
Hurray, Special Thanks again for all your reassurance about Google.

Google is our MAJOR  lifeline to the POIS sufferer who is lost, bewildered, and to whom our support can mean hope for a good POIS-free life!

Thank you. And thank you Martin for your Google comments as well.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: 17/05/2011 08:05:01 »
Once again, a Benadryl-induced, forced-sleep nap today (nearly 2 hours) worked wonders for me in the first hours of POIS.

This is NOT a recommendation for you to do the same.

But if you are interested in the idea, ask your doctor.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: 17/05/2011 08:59:31 »
No problem Demo. Google DOES genuinely try to reward good content with high rankings, so as long as we keep on doing what we are doing, we are well on the way to success.

(and if some sites sympathetic to our cause would like to link to the new forum it certainly woudn't hurt  ;))
« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 09:01:02 by hurray »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: 17/05/2011 10:48:50 »
If you do the Desensitization I was wondering what is the best. To do have no O.'s (beside before the injection). Or to have a lot's of O.'s to confront your prostate and bladder. Or will be the prostate and bladder be damaged?

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: 17/05/2011 11:52:41 »
If you do the Desensitization I was wondering what is the best. To do have no O.'s (beside before the injection). Or to have a lot's of O.'s to confront your prostate and bladder. Or will be the prostate and bladder be damaged?

Good question. Concerning the pro's, I don't know if more O's will make your resistance to the allergic reaction stronger or that it doesn't matter. The con is that you probably still experience (hopefully less) POIS effects like eczema / upset stomach / exploded brain that I always get, and I know that's not a good thing. Anyway very encouraging your desensitisation scheme is faster than expected. One of my friends had done hay fever desensitisation for 3 year. He said that after one year he could notice a big effect (not so much in first months though).

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: 17/05/2011 11:56:20 »
Good question. Concerning the pro's, I don't know if more O's will make your resistance to the allergic reaction stronger or that it doesn't matter. The con is that you probably still experience (hopefully less) POIS effects like eczema / upset stomach / exploded brain that I always get, and I know that's not a good thing. Anyway very encouraging your desensitisation scheme is faster than expected. One of my friends had done hay fever desensitisation for 3 year. He said that after one year he could notice a big effect (not so much in first months though).
Next time I will ask the doctor. I think he will say: do as normal. Not more and not less.
In this scheme also after 1 year there will be normally  big effect. I hope that that will be the case at me. I can't wait.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: 17/05/2011 17:27:28 »
No problem Demo. Google DOES genuinely try to reward good content with high rankings, so as long as we keep on doing what we are doing, we are well on the way to success.

(and if some sites sympathetic to our cause would like to link to the new forum it certainly woudn't hurt  ;))

The best way I know to do that would be to offer link-placement exchanges, e.g., the National Dandruff Society will post our link on their site, but only if we reciprocate and do the same.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: 17/05/2011 21:40:38 »
williem thanks for volunteering for the forum.

Offline georgesteve

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: 18/05/2011 07:04:40 »
Hello am kinda new here and i suffer from this condition. I just wanted to know how i can get started in the DESENSITIZATION treatment. I am a medical assistant so i know how to give shots.

Am kinda embarrassed to ask the doctor i work with about my condition. Maybe one day i will. But i need to find more information about this condition first.

Thanks

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13224 on: 18/05/2011 07:04:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums