The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6450090 times)

Offline rock27

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13225 on: 18/05/2011 09:15:44 »
Good question. Concerning the pro's, I don't know if more O's will make your resistance to the allergic reaction stronger or that it doesn't matter. The con is that you probably still experience (hopefully less) POIS effects like eczema / upset stomach / exploded brain that I always get, and I know that's not a good thing. Anyway very encouraging your desensitisation scheme is faster than expected. One of my friends had done hay fever desensitisation for 3 year. He said that after one year he could notice a big effect (not so much in first months though).
Next time I will ask the doctor. I think he will say: do as normal. Not more and not less.
In this scheme also after 1 year there will be normally  big effect. I hope that that will be the case at me. I can't wait.

I know! POIS free life sounds like paradise. Anyway, based on what did they decide to accelerate your scheme? Did they look at the skin reaction, did they do blood work or something else?

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: 18/05/2011 09:40:36 »
I know! POIS free life sounds like paradise. Anyway, based on what did they decide to accelerate your scheme? Did they look at the skin reaction, did they do blood work or something else?
On base of research. Not on me. But on other patients. I don't know what kind of research. I was already happy that I could make a jump in the scheme.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: 18/05/2011 09:44:02 »
Hello am kinda new here and i suffer from this condition. I just wanted to know how i can get started in the DESENSITIZATION treatment. I am a medical assistant so i know how to give shots.

Am kinda embarrassed to ask the doctor i work with about my condition. Maybe one day i will. But i need to find more information about this condition first.

Thanks
Welcome.
I would go to an allergist in your city. If he/she can't help you, look at the database of Daveman and Demo if there is a doctor in your country who is willing to help against POIS. My doctor said that DESENSITIZATION is not so common in the US. In Europe it's used more.

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: 18/05/2011 10:56:51 »
Hi all,

I have decided to open a blog in Romanian where to post informations about POIS.
What you think, it is a good ideea? I've made links to this forums and principal sites about POIS.

Thank you.

Update: I've delete it.
« Last Edit: 24/10/2011 21:25:19 by emi_b »

Offline bruxe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: 18/05/2011 11:02:20 »
before i start to write my sentences i hope you will understanding my broken English and sorry for interruption
---------------------------------------------

yesterday was for me like revelation
i have a new friend it's "curcuma+black pepper"

every pois suffer should give a big attention to this spice because it's very very very interrresting

yesterday i has many orgasms  5 time   and feeling nothing make me like a crap

this is what i did
-----------------------

before orgasm in my home... i took 25 cl orange juice mixed with a full tsp curcuma "good Yalow quality" not cheap one + 1/4 tsp black pepper "in my case i used bio black pepper"+ 1 vcap 100mg of phosphatidyl serine

after that i get out of my home , i went to a small restaurant i was hungry i at a small sandwich without cheese or sauce (just "bread+kefta+corn+lettuce+tomato+onion"

that it's all

after one orgasm with beautiful women 
---------------

i was very supprised because i didn't feel like a crap  all my pois reduced by 90% psy+physic
no muscles ache
no no back ache
no moral fall
no head ache

i felt  a 30% flu-like symptom for 30 min after it disappeared  it wasn't strong at all  ...
anxiety at 10%
i dont feel  "envy to stay far from people" or isolation 

i was so happy because i tried many thing before and doesn't work good ...but this time I'm feeling on the good way

back to my home (i want test with more orgasm to see if ...this things are real solution and not just coincidence)
------------------
i mixed  50 cl orange juice 1/2 soup spoon curcuma  +1/4 black pepper.
i start
the second orgasm just after i drank a little of my juice shake
until 5th orgasm i stopped
 drink the rest + 1 vcap of phohphatidyl serine  and went sleep ...it was almost midnight

note: after each orgasm i contract my PC muscle strongly and many time...for a max expulsion of semen from inside i use also my hand to finish work
and finally before go to bed i clean with water
------------------
the test not finish yet i ll go to swim 2 hour to see if my muscles can support the effort
and try to find a stressful social situation to test with precision my anxiety
-------------------

some information about me:
--------------------------------
man 27y
-origin race : Caucasian form north Africa
-raised in family: religious very Conservative
-parent: divorced
-childhood: not big stability
-food habit: 70% Moroccan food + 20% Thai and Chinese food+10% Belgian fast food
-zero sugar  i take forest honey
-no Cafe no tea  i take morning orange juice or chamomile
-cook my self including bread

-sport: 4 time/week  swimming 2-3hour
-weather preference: clear an sunny , 18 to 28 degree.    tropicale and Mediterranean but not cold oceanic weather
« Last Edit: 18/05/2011 11:36:33 by bruxe »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13230 on: 18/05/2011 13:24:48 »
Hi all,

I have decided to open a blog in Romanian where to post informations about POIS.
What you think, it is a good ideea? I've made links to this forums and principal sites about POIS.

This is the blog link: http://totfeluldelucruri.wordpress.com/
Maybe you should use google translate to read it, even if it is buggy.
If there is any problem please announce me. I am a beginer in blogging.

Thank you.

Looks very good. As always, well organized, clear and professional looking. Good for you emi_b.

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: 18/05/2011 14:39:06 »
Thank you for your appreciations and nice words. I only try to do my best.

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: 24/10/2011 21:26:32 by emi_b »

Offline carlitto

• View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: 18/05/2011 18:34:01 »
before i start to write my sentences i hope you will understanding my broken English and sorry for interruption
---------------------------------------------

yesterday was for me like revelation
i have a new friend it's "curcuma+black pepper"

every pois suffer should give a big attention to this spice because it's very very very interrresting

yesterday i has many orgasms  5 time   and feeling nothing make me like a crap

this is what i did
-----------------------

before orgasm in my home... i took 25 cl orange juice mixed with a full tsp curcuma "good Yalow quality" not cheap one + 1/4 tsp black pepper "in my case i used bio black pepper"+ 1 vcap 100mg of phosphatidyl serine

after that i get out of my home , i went to a small restaurant i was hungry i at a small sandwich without cheese or sauce (just "bread+kefta+corn+lettuce+tomato+onion"

that it's all

after one orgasm with beautiful women 
---------------

i was very supprised because i didn't feel like a crap  all my pois reduced by 90% psy+physic
no muscles ache
no no back ache
no moral fall
no head ache

i felt  a 30% flu-like symptom for 30 min after it disappeared  it wasn't strong at all  ...
anxiety at 10%
i dont feel  "envy to stay far from people" or isolation 

i was so happy because i tried many thing before and doesn't work good ...but this time I'm feeling on the good way

back to my home (i want test with more orgasm to see if ...this things are real solution and not just coincidence)
------------------
i mixed  50 cl orange juice 1/2 soup spoon curcuma  +1/4 black pepper.
i start
the second orgasm just after i drank a little of my juice shake
until 5th orgasm i stopped
 drink the rest + 1 vcap of phohphatidyl serine  and went sleep ...it was almost midnight

note: after each orgasm i contract my PC muscle strongly and many time...for a max expulsion of semen from inside i use also my hand to finish work
and finally before go to bed i clean with water
------------------
the test not finish yet i ll go to swim 2 hour to see if my muscles can support the effort
and try to find a stressful social situation to test with precision my anxiety
-------------------

some information about me:
--------------------------------
man 27y
-origin race : Caucasian form north Africa
-raised in family: religious very Conservative
-parent: divorced
-childhood: not big stability
-food habit: 70% Moroccan food + 20% Thai and Chinese food+10% Belgian fast food
-zero sugar  i take forest honey
-no Cafe no tea  i take morning orange juice or chamomile
-cook my self including bread

-sport: 4 time/week  swimming 2-3hour
-weather preference: clear an sunny , 18 to 28 degree.    tropicale and Mediterranean but not cold oceanic weather

What is phosphatidyl serine ? and why do you take it ?

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: 18/05/2011 18:43:43 »
Hey guys, thought I might pop in for a quick hello. Hope things are going coming along nicely.

Things haven't been going too well for me, for some strange reason I've had lingering POIS symptoms for months, I have a foogy head nearly all the time, I've been putting a lot of thought into POIS and my beleif lies in, this being a semen allergy. Have no choice but to abstain and hope I get some releif soon :(

I go to see Dr. Goldmeirer in a few days, not particularly looking forward to it as feel pretty low and dumb, thanks to these POIS symptoms and can't really think properly add that to it being a 5 hour return journey by car and 10 hours by bus :(((

I just learnt something very interesting, the Hauge is NOT very far from where I am, if nothing works out with Dr. Goldmierer, then hopefully I can get on the list to see Dr. Walderinger team.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: 18/05/2011 20:35:21 »
Hey guys, thought I might pop in for a quick hello. Hope things are going coming along nicely.

Things haven't been going too well for me, for some strange reason I've had lingering POIS symptoms for months, I have a foogy head nearly all the time, I've been putting a lot of thought into POIS and my beleif lies in, this being a semen allergy. Have no choice but to abstain and hope I get some releif soon :(

I go to see Dr. Goldmeirer in a few days, not particularly looking forward to it as feel pretty low and dumb, thanks to these POIS symptoms and can't really think properly add that to it being a 5 hour return journey by car and 10 hours by bus :(((

I just learnt something very interesting, the Hauge is NOT very far from where I am, if nothing works out with Dr. Goldmierer, then hopefully I can get on the list to see Dr. Walderinger team.
Green, sorry to hear that. I was down too the last year. Now I am feeling better. But the negative effect of feeling better (I mean out of POIS) is that you want more O.'s. :)
Then I feel bad and then I don't have the need for an O.

Well dr. Goldmeier is pretty far from you. I hope that he can help you! Good luck!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: 18/05/2011 21:38:24 »

Reminder: "Strange Sex": the POIS Cable-TV episode!  Airs this upcoming Sunday, (May 22nd) at 10pm EST on The Learning Channel (TLC).

I'm interviewed about my ordeal with severe POIS and subsequent surgery to solve it. There is a thread on the new Forum called "Animus Solution" under "Alternative Treatments" which may be a good place to discuss this afterward.

Thanks, Animus, for being our POIS FORUM CELEBRITY!!

Animus: is it also 10pm for CST and PST? (Midwest, West Coast)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: 18/05/2011 21:45:52 »

Green, I'm VERY sorry to hear this, but if it's any consolation you are in close proximity to 2 of the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POIS PHYSICIANS IN THE WORLD.

More importantly, you are ACTING on it!

Very best wishes!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: 18/05/2011 21:50:31 »
Hi all,

This is the blog link: http://totfeluldelucruri.wordpress.com/

Thank you.

Looks very good. As always, well organized, clear and professional looking. Good for you emi_b.

Excellent idea, emi_ b! Thank you!

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: 18/05/2011 22:09:19 »
Hi all,

This is the blog link: newbielink:http://totfeluldelucruri.wordpress.com/ [nonactive]

Thank you.

Excellent idea, emi_ b! Thank you!

Yes, it is a good idea, but I've decided to delete the blog for a while, because my health isn't so good and I don't think I could handle it. Maybe at a later date. I think it is a wiser idea if I can say so.
I hope there is no problem. Thank you for appreciations.

Just an idea:
Maybe when newbielink:http://www.poiscenter.com [nonactive] website will be on, we can translate it to other languages, including Romanian, because we are all from a lot of countries. To have a single centralised place for the POIS comunity. It could be better instead of separate blogs, sites, and forums. We could then separate it into national centers. But it is just an idea.

PS. I've talked with newbielink:http://www.bolirareromania.ro/ [nonactive] (Romanian National Alliance For Rare Diseases), and they support me. More exactly with prof. dr. Maria Puiu (Medical Genetics). She is vicepresident of RONARD. I'll come with updates as soon as I'll have them. These day she is busy.
Also dr. Nicolae Calomfirescu responded to an e-mail I've sent to him saying that I am an "unique and extremely rare case" and that he has no experience with these cases. He is in ESSM together with Dr.Waldinger

NOTE: I've opened a newbielink:http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=97.0 [nonactive] on the other forum for information about POIS in Romania.

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: 18/05/2011 23:00:18 by emi_b »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: 18/05/2011 23:06:03 »
Did someone of you used Roaccutane/Accutane against acne? It also know as Isotretinoin? I had that 10 years ago against acne. It is a very heavy medicine and doctors warned me. But I asked and asked for it, because it was the only medicine which could get the acne get away. It is bad for the liver. It could be that my hormones were messed up by this medicine and caused POIS.
« Last Edit: 18/05/2011 23:10:43 by Vandemolen3 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: 18/05/2011 23:56:24 »

Did someone of you used Roaccutane/Accutane against acne? It also know as Isotretinoin? I had that 10 years ago against acne. It is a very heavy medicine and doctors warned me. But I asked and asked for it, because it was the only medicine which could get the acne get away. It is bad for the liver. It could be that my hormones were messed up by this medicine and caused POIS.

Van, my two sons both used it without problems. My dermatologist reassured me and my wife that there is no problem with Accutane as long as it is used cautiously. But there have been problems reported, and we were very concerned.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: 18/05/2011 23:59:03 »

I've talked with RONARD (Romanian National Alliance For Rare Diseases), and they support me. More exactly with prof. dr. Maria Puiu (Medical Genetics). She is vicepresident of RONARD. I'll come with updates as soon as I'll have them. These day she is busy.
Also dr. Nicolae Calomfirescu responded to an e-mail I've sent to him saying that I am an "unique and extremely rare case" and that he has no experience with these cases. He is in ESSM together with Dr.Waldinger

NOTE: I've opened a new topic on the other forum for information about POIS in Romania.

Best wishes.

Excellent, emi_b!

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: 19/05/2011 03:44:39 »
I read this quote in the abc news link demo posted:

"Interestingly, some research suggests that women who have been exposed to dogs, then go on to have their first sexual encounter with a man, can develop this seminal allergy."

I was bitten by a dog when I was 7 years old. Anyone else been bitten by a dog? I doubt this could cause POIS, but who knows.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: 19/05/2011 04:18:17 »

Reminder: "Strange Sex": the POIS Cable-TV episode!  Airs this upcoming Sunday, (May 22nd) at 10pm EST on The Learning Channel (TLC).

I'm interviewed about my ordeal with severe POIS and subsequent surgery to solve it. There is a thread on the new Forum called "Animus Solution" under "Alternative Treatments" which may be a good place to discuss this afterward.

Thanks, Animus, for being our POIS FORUM CELEBRITY!!

Animus: is it also 10pm for CST and PST? (Midwest, West Coast)

Yes, It's listed on the TLC website at this link http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=2.1213.56481.39612.4

Look for the "Weight for it & Desperate Measures" episode. The brief summary is pasted below. The show pairs 2 stories together. I am "Frank" in the second half of the show. Pairing me with this other case is just how they do it. When I get the hard copy I'll probably edit out that part if possible!

May 22, 10:00 pm
(30 minutes)

Strange Sex
Weight for It & Desperate Measures
TV-MA

For Donna and Phillipe, food is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Phillipe fulfills his sexual fantasies by feeding Donna and watching her gain weight. Frank becomes ill after the act of sex, but how far is he willing to go to cure his mysterious illness.
« Last Edit: 19/05/2011 19:14:46 by Animus »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13245 on: 19/05/2011 04:26:41 »
POIS at ABC News website!
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/sex-allergies-semen-orgasm-latex-dampen-libido/story?id=13593639&page=2

That's an interesting article. For me it raises the question of why a woman's allergic reaction last for 5-7 hours. And yet a man's allergic (POIS) reaction lasts for 5-7 days. What accounts for the difference? The nature of POIS and female semen allergies seem to be so entirely different. They don't seem to be related at all.
« Last Edit: 19/05/2011 06:15:47 by Animus »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: 19/05/2011 04:28:19 »

Just an idea:
Maybe when www.poiscenter.com website will be on, we can translate it to other languages, including Romanian, because we are all from a lot of countries. To have a single centralised place for the POIS comunity. It could be better instead of separate blogs, sites, and forums. We could then separate it into national centers. But it is just an idea.

Daveman, would it be a big project to have a Google-translate button/feature on the site? Or perhaps just a link to Google-translate...
http://translate.google.com/?vi=c&hl=en#

emi_b, this is a very good idea, we have many countries represented here.
« Last Edit: 19/05/2011 04:56:11 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: 19/05/2011 04:42:01 »
« Last Edit: 19/05/2011 04:50:50 by demografx »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: 19/05/2011 04:52:23 »
I looked up Semen Allergy Symptoms- and none of these are consistent with my experience of POIS. Interestingly, male semen allergy has been observed before. And the typical reaction is hives, swelling, itching. I don't think I've encountered anyone here with that group of symptoms.

SYMPTOMS
General: Symptoms of semen allergy vary among sensitive patients. The most common symptoms include burning, itching, and swelling of the genitals or areas of the skin that come into contact with the semen.
Hives: Moderate allergic reactions may cause hives. Hives are red, itchy swollen welts on the skin that may appear suddenly and disappear quickly. They often develop in clusters, with new clusters appearing as other areas clear up.
Angioedema: Some allergic patients may develop angioedema. This condition causes swelling in the tissue just below the skin. Angioedema is similar to hives, except it occurs deeper in the skin. The swellings, known as welts, usually appear around the eyes and mouth. They may also be present on the hands, feet, and throat.
Anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock): In rare cases, a severe allergy reaction called anaphylaxis may occur. Anaphylaxis is a systemic allergic reaction, which means that many parts of the body are affected. Symptoms of anaphylaxis can vary from mild to severe and may be potentially life threatening. The most dangerous symptoms of anaphylaxis are low blood pressure, difficulty breathing, shock, and loss of consciousness, all of which can be fatal. The time lapse between ingestion/or contact with the allergen and anaphylactic symptoms varies among individuals. Symptoms may appear immediately or may be delayed from 30 minutes to one hour after exposure. Symptoms may also disappear and then recur hours later. Once symptoms arise, they progress quickly. Patients who develop symptoms of anaphylaxis should seek immediate medical treatment.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: 19/05/2011 15:37:24 »
No problem Demo. Google DOES genuinely try to reward good content with high rankings, so as long as we keep on doing what we are doing, we are well on the way to success.

(and if some sites sympathetic to our cause would like to link to the new forum it certainly woudn't hurt  ;))

The best way I know to do that would be to offer link-placement exchanges, e.g., the National Dandruff Society will post our link on their site, but only if we reciprocate and do the same.

Link-exchanges aren't a bad thing as such, but the amount of google juice that you get from the link is substantially reduced when google realises that two sites are linking to each other. The link is still worth having, but one-way links are highly preferable.

The ultimate in good inbound links are those from sites that 1) Have a reasonable PageRank (2 upwards) 2) Have few outgoing links. Each site with Pagerank is basically sharing the "google juice" around with all the sites that it links out to. A pagerank 2 site with 1000 outgoing links would be almost useless to us, since you are only getting 1/1000th of the Pagerank available from that site.

Relevance is another major factor - a link from a medical site would be rated much more highly by google than one from "Bob's auto repairs". Too many irrelevant reciprocal links would put the new forum's status with google at risk - the recent J C Penney scandal showed how even the big online players can get SEO very wrong: http://blog.chrisenglund.com/new-york-times-exposes-jc-penney-link-scheme

Using creativity and persuasion is the key to getting high-quality 1 way links. For example, you (Demo) could offer to put another site's link on your welcome sig that you post to new members, in return for a 1-way link to the new forum. That way the link would be counted as 1-way and both parties would be getting something positive from the deal.

Since the new forum is non-commercial, you may be pleasantly surprised at how many sites offer to help you with one way or reciprocal links. An email personally tailored to the owner of the site is essential - bulk-mailing a general HELP US PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email will get you nowhere and cause ill-will. If the site you are contacting has a very low Pagerank and/or a very high number of outgoing links, don't even bother getting in touch - it's a waste of your time.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13249 on: 19/05/2011 15:37:24 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length