The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6451628 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13250 on: 19/05/2011 16:46:31 »
Hurray, POIS Center showed up in a Google-Alert today! (I'm assuming that's good news).

On May 19, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply@google.com> wrote:

Web   1 new result for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome POIS

Relationships
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.) ... Spell Check has been added to Posts! 782 Posts in 93 Topics by 52 Members Latest Member: UnderstandingPois ...
poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: 19/05/2011 16:52:00 »
POIS at Sexologists Network
http://sexologists.net/cms/forum/13
« Last Edit: 19/05/2011 16:55:42 by demografx »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: 19/05/2011 17:37:29 »
emi_b,

When I start coding the new page I'll call you for translation in Romainian.

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: 19/05/2011 18:13:37 »
emi_b,

When I start coding the new page I'll call you for translation in Romainian.

OK, Daveman. Thank you.
It is great. Maybe doctors and patients in Romania, will be more aware of us.
I'll try to do my best.

emi_b

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: 19/05/2011 18:21:45 »

Green, sorry to hear that. I was down too the last year. Now I am feeling better. But the negative effect of feeling better (I mean out of POIS) is that you want more O.'s. :)
Then I feel bad and then I don't have the need for an O.

Well dr. Goldmeier is pretty far from you. I hope that he can help you! Good luck!

Green, I'm VERY sorry to hear this, but if it's any consolation you are in close proximity to 2 of the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POIS PHYSICIANS IN THE WORLD.

More importantly, you are ACTING on it!

Very best wishes!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I've narrowed it down to the fact I've got a prostate infection that just will not clear and it's not holding semen and sperm, the symptoms are like heavy POIS but there is a bit of distinction between them, cognition isn't too bad, but the weakness and the loss of muscle is wreaking havoc.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: 19/05/2011 18:33:11 »
I'm seriously considering the possibility of visiting Dr. Waldinger and his team. When some of the brainfog clears, I'll be writing out letters to as many well known Allergist Dr's, abeit research or conventional practising ones within a 100 mile radius, if there is any support from there then I will chase it up.

I am not very sure what the waiting list would be to see Dr. Waldinger, I know he must be an immensely busy man. Demo could you find out for me, if that's OK?

I would be happy to take a few UK POIS sufferers with me, if they'd like to come, I should have a luxury motor later on this year and given the costs incurred, I think it's a better idea just to drive there, approx half the journey would be on a ferry. I drove to the Nurburgring last year with a convoy and posted some flying laps, but I can't drive locally, whilst in POIS, that's the stark differences in life with POIS and without.

Please let me know if you are interested, I can start putting this into action, the quicker things move the quicker we can get along with our lives. I'm going to make sure I harness my time and effort well, this time outside of POIS.

Offline Hoping

• View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: 19/05/2011 23:19:35 »

Did someone of you used Roaccutane/Accutane against acne? It also know as Isotretinoin? I had that 10 years ago against acne. It is a very heavy medicine and doctors warned me. But I asked and asked for it, because it was the only medicine which could get the acne get away. It is bad for the liver. It could be that my hormones were messed up by this medicine and caused POIS.

Van, my two sons both used it without problems. My dermatologist reassured me and my wife that there is no problem with Accutane as long as it is used cautiously. But there have been problems reported, and we were very concerned.

I was on Accutane for a year or two in high school (I'm now 26). I was also wondering if there might be some connection to POIS. I know there was/is some controversy regarding the side effects of the drug. I remember it was in the news -- Accutane was said to be causing severe depression in some patients. Did anyone  else take it?

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: 19/05/2011 23:29:35 »
For now we are the only one that used Accutane. I remember that I asked for it a few times. And my GP warned me. But because I urged him to give me the Accutane he did. I came up with Accutane because I now rememeber that I already had POIS 10 years ago. Until now I thought I only had POIS for 7 years. But back then I already had itchy eyes and nose after an O. And in that time I used Accutane. There are a lot of side effects. Depression is one. The major problem is liver problems.

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: 20/05/2011 05:47:04 »
For now we are the only one that used Accutane. I remember that I asked for it a few times. And my GP warned me. But because I urged him to give me the Accutane he did. I came up with Accutane because I now rememeber that I already had POIS 10 years ago. Until now I thought I only had POIS for 7 years. But back then I already had itchy eyes and nose after an O. And in that time I used Accutane. There are a lot of side effects. Depression is one. The major problem is liver problems.
I took accutane when I was fourteen. I have posted before about accutane, because it might be linked to autoimmune disorders

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: 20/05/2011 05:49:59 »
I took accutane when I was fourteen. I have posted before about accutane, because it might be linked to autoimmune disorders
There was actually a commercial from a law firm about all the different auto immune disorders that you could sue the company for, but POIS was not on there, so I changed the channel promptly to watch Pawn Stars.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13260 on: 20/05/2011 06:08:28 »
From Green
" I am not very sure what the waiting list would be to see Dr. Waldinger, I know he must be an immensely busy man. Demo could you find out for me, if that's OK? "

I'm emailing him right now to ask -  demo

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: 20/05/2011 06:08:43 »
If anyone is interested type in "accutane autoimmune disorders" into google.
accutane was removed off the market because they were successfully sued by so many people for causing Crohn's Disease and Lupus, among other autoimmune disorders.  If the others(Van) would like to sue, I believe it is Roche, I am ready to bring up a law suit.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: 20/05/2011 11:38:32 »
If anyone is interested type in "accutane autoimmune disorders" into google.
accutane was removed off the market because they were successfully sued by so many people for causing Crohn's Disease and Lupus, among other autoimmune disorders.  If the others(Van) would like to sue, I believe it is Roche, I am ready to bring up a law suit.
Haha I am not living in the US. We don't sue people that easy in Europe.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: 20/05/2011 12:14:14 »
any body ever take acutane?
You are right. You mentioned accutane before. This was before I joined the forum. And before my recent post I didn't know that Roaccutane is known as
Accutane in the US.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: 20/05/2011 18:38:31 »
Hurray, POIS Center showed up in a Google-Alert today! (I'm assuming that's good news).

On May 19, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Google Alerts <googlealerts-noreply@google.com> wrote:

Relationships
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.) ... Spell Check has been added to Posts! 782 Posts in 93 Topics by 52 Members Latest Member: UnderstandingPois ...

It's always a good thing when google are indexing your content  :)

With regards to the poiscenter.com URL, Daveman needs to decide whether he is going to use www.poiscenter.com or poiscenter.com as the new site's URL. Crazy as it may seem, google treat www and non-www as two different sites for SEO purposes. So it's best to make sure that all your internal and external site links are either prefixed with www or not. It's something that's a lot easier to fix at the birth of a site than when the site has been running for several months!

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: 20/05/2011 19:29:14 »
From Green
" I am not very sure what the waiting list would be to see Dr. Waldinger, I know he must be an immensely busy man. Demo could you find out for me, if that's OK? "

I'm emailing him right now to ask -  demo

Thanks so much!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: 20/05/2011 20:04:08 »
Any time, Green!

edit - I just sent him a 2nd request
« Last Edit: 20/05/2011 20:31:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: 20/05/2011 20:27:56 »

Relationships

It's always a good thing when google are indexing your content  :)

With regards to the poiscenter.com URL, Daveman needs to decide whether he is going to use www.poiscenter.com or poiscenter.com as the new site's URL. Crazy as it may seem, google treat www and non-www as two different sites for SEO purposes. So it's best to make sure that all your internal and external site links are either prefixed with www or not. It's something that's a lot easier to fix at the birth of a site than when the site has been running for several months!

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Fascinating about "www", I didn't know that, thanks!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: 20/05/2011 20:37:39 »
« Last Edit: 20/05/2011 20:39:17 by demografx »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: 21/05/2011 01:26:17 »
Hurray

As far ss the www. thing. I do remember that, but I thought I had registered both.. It was quite a while ago, and I might be wrong. Have you heard of that?

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: 21/05/2011 07:55:16 »
Hurray

As far ss the www. thing. I do remember that, but I thought I had registered both.. It was quite a while ago, and I might be wrong. Have you heard of that?

Hi Daveman,

When you register a .com domain, you automatically own both the www and non-www address. Unless you have set up your domain in a very strange (non-sensible) way, typing either version directly into your address bar will work just fine for people visiting the site. That's what you want to happen. www is just a subdomain that says "this is a www site" - a relic from the days when the internet used all kinds of different protocols to access information (gopher, ftp etc).

BUT when google works out your Pagerank for the different pages on your site, it treats www and non-www differently if you have made use of both forms of web address. Rather than dilute your Pagerank between www and non-www, you should choose 1 or the other and stick to it (the vast majority of sites still use the www prefix, although there are plenty of exceptions like slashdot.org).

If you decide to change your internal web addresses to www.poiscenter.com, it's pretty easy - just do a global search and replace for poiscenter.com > www.poiscenter.com. Alternatively, make sure that you everybody that you give your link to uses the non-www version (including google analytics, adwords, webmaster tools etc). Adding Analytics to your site is probably a pretty useful idea and relatively straightforward (30 minute job, lots of data for you to use to optimise your site).

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: 21/05/2011 23:19:35 »
From our friend, Stefanie, at NORD

Demo, the reason for this email --  I want to post Animus/"Frank" well wishes for his debut tomorrow night (which I know has already been taped and edited--but still...want to wish him well).  As you know, one never wishes "good luck," (which can cause bad luck!) but instead, wishes,
"Break A Leg!."so.........

I'd like to send the message to the site, but (1) don't know which site to post it on and (2) where to post it, or even (3) how to post it so that he might see it.

So--as Senior Moderator, would you please do me the honor of posting this brief, teensy but power-packed message to Animus--wherever you think it should be posted --

:) :) :) Animus -- Tomorrow night, BREAK A LEG!!! :) :) :)

« Last Edit: 22/05/2011 00:04:27 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: 22/05/2011 03:35:25 »
I'd just like to say again that I've had success with excedrin migraine, one pill a day, in the mornings.  It's gotten to the point where i really don't think about POIS anymore.  It sort of feels like a reaction like phenylalanine <- not sure if spelt correctly, when i took that.  Maybe my pois is no more than a simple dilation of blood vessels in my head.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: 22/05/2011 05:45:41 »
From our friend, Stefanie, at NORD

Demo, the reason for this email --  I want to post Animus/"Frank" well wishes for his debut tomorrow night (which I know has already been taped and edited--but still...want to wish him well).  As you know, one never wishes "good luck," (which can cause bad luck!) but instead, wishes,
"Break A Leg!."so.........

I'd like to send the message to the site, but (1) don't know which site to post it on and (2) where to post it, or even (3) how to post it so that he might see it.

So--as Senior Moderator, would you please do me the honor of posting this brief, teensy but power-packed message to Animus--wherever you think it should be posted --

:) :) :) Animus -- Tomorrow night, BREAK A LEG!!! :) :) :)

Thank you so much, Stefanie! and Demo!
« Last Edit: 22/05/2011 05:47:47 by Animus »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: 22/05/2011 06:31:17 »

Reminder: "Strange Sex": the POIS Cable-TV episode!  Airs - TONITE!: SUNDAY, May 22nd at 10pm on The Learning Channel (TLC).

Look for the "Weight for it & Desperate Measures" episode.

I'm interviewed about my ordeal with severe POIS and subsequent surgery to solve it. There is a thread on the new Forum called "Animus Solution" under "Alternative Treatments" which may be a good place to discuss this afterward.

« Last Edit: 22/05/2011 06:35:42 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13274 on: 22/05/2011 06:31:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length