The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6459930 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13450 on: 30/05/2011 06:10:06 »

Hyper-reactive immune response sounds much better!

Ditto!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: 30/05/2011 06:22:07 »

Dr. Waldinger's term, "allergy" has never sat right with me.

Nope, me neither.

Me neither... Perhaps "allergy" is a shorthand in an evolving investigation.

Or perhaps one day my Benadryl will kick in and my 20% POIS will be gone. ;D

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: 30/05/2011 08:37:59 »

Anyways...I can surely attest to experiencing no symptoms as soon as I feel like my sperm supply has fully regenerated...

I can attest to that feeling too.

Well it sure seems like it. But you can't take your sperm count in your head! LOL

I was not taking my sperm count in my head. I was sensing a legitimate biological feeling, which I had grown attuned to and aware of. Perhaps the cause of that feeling is unknown, and "illusory" as demo has suggested. However, it is legitimate, and has a legitimate cause.

Reflecting on my earlier posts, I hedged a little more than I should have about "subjective" and "feeling".

After 35 years of this, it's way more than "illusory".

When I "feel" semen is low (early regeneration), the ejaculate is....LOW VOLUME.

When I "feel" semen is high (late stage regen), the ejaculate is.....HIGH VOLUME.

And no, I didn't use a measuring cup. Just trust me, ok? ;D

The above data have been independently verified by Bernie L. Madoff, Butner Correctional Facility, NC.

YES, exactly! Me too!  ;D
I could even add in that POIS symptom levels corresponded too.

When I "feel" semen is low (early regeneration), the ejaculate is....LOW VOLUME- and the POIS symptoms are at a High.

When I "feel" semen is high (late stage regen), the ejaculate is.....HIGH VOLUME- and the POIS symptoms are Low.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: 30/05/2011 15:48:50 »
Daveman, I feel badly about our overposting on regen, but I honestly feel this is going somewhere and NOT round in circles. It feels like a tiny piece of the puzzle is ADDED each time we discuss this. But I know it must appear tedious to you and some others. Many thanks for your patience.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: 30/05/2011 19:02:08 »
We can check the dosage of the semen antibody in our blood stream, I learnt it was possible (perhaps already talked there)  :  Ig A, Ig E, Ig M, Ig G

It depends on the persons... Perhaps our different symptoms are due to the different dosage of those Ig towards semen :

1- anti-sperme IgG= C'est une immunoglobuline monomérique qui peut être retrouvée dans les sécretions du tractus génital de l'homme et de la femme. Il s'agit de grosses molécules que ne traversent pas la muqueuse; ainsi, la concentration d'anti-sperme IgG dans le sperme et dans le mucus cervical est < 1%, sa concentration dans le sérum. Cette concentration est trop basse pour permettre l'agglutination du sperme dans l'éjaculat et dans le mucus cervical.

2-anti-sperme IgM= C'est une immunoglobine pentamérique . Ces molécules sont plus grosses que l'IgG, et de ce fait, ne passe pas la barrière cellulaire.

3-anti-sperme IgA= Les anticorps agglutinants du sperme dans le sperme et mucus cervical sont de type IgA (Kremer et Jager, 1992). Ils sont fabriqués dans la muqueuse cervicale (Schumacher, 1988) et l'épididyme . En effet, les anticorps IgA, (à la différence de l'IgG), présents dans les spermatozoïdes et le mucus cervical, sont responsables des troubles d'interaction entre le sperme et le mucus cervical.

Google translate :

1 - anti-sperm IgG = immunoglobulin is a monomer that can be found in the genital tract secretions of man and woman. These are large molecules that do not cross the mucosa, so the concentration of IgG anti-sperm in semen and cervical mucus is <1%, its concentration in serum. This concentration is too low to allow agglutination of sperm in the ejaculate and in the cervical mucus.

2-Anti-Sperm IgM = immunoglobulin is a pentamer. These molecules are larger than IgG, and therefore do not pass the cell barrier.

3-IgA anti-sperm antibodies agglutinating = sperm in semen and cervical mucus are of type IgA (Kremer and Jager, 1992). They are manufactured in the cervical mucus (Schumacher, 1988) and epididymis. Indeed, IgA antibodies (in contrast to the IgG), present in sperm and cervical mucus, are responsible for disorders of interaction between sperm and cervical mucus.

4- IgE = more known for women ( local redness, burining)
       and also Gulf War Syndrome  = Ig E against own semen    (I guess you talked about it earlier too : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_syndrome) just the wiki article but I read more about it.
« Last Edit: 30/05/2011 21:20:14 by Habibou »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: 30/05/2011 19:41:36 »

Habibou,, very interesting!

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: 30/05/2011 19:55:23 »

Animus, thank you!

I left out that most important part, i.e., my POIS severity goes up and down in direct proportion to "semen fullness" (or lack of same)!

Daveman, I feel badly about our overposting on regen, but I honestly feel this is going somewhere and NOT round in circles. It feels like a tiny piece of the puzzle is ADDED each time we discuss this. But I know it must appear tedious to you and some others. Many thanks for your patience.

Yes, I'm sorry I've been complicit in this too! :D
I also feel a little reckless...
The next few weeks are very busy for me- so I'll check in when I can. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: 31/05/2011 02:28:58 by Animus »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: 30/05/2011 20:34:33 »
Good luck, Animus!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: 30/05/2011 21:13:42 »

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: 30/05/2011 21:22:04 »
Demo, I thought you do not have any sperm to regenerate in the first place.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: 30/05/2011 23:59:52 »
Semen, Laurac. Good question. Pyropeach posted on the previous page that non-sperm-semen is not quite "regen", but the 'buildup' still feels the same as in the semen-with-sperm days. As does the concomitant POIS low-to-high severity.
« Last Edit: 31/05/2011 00:02:19 by demografx »

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: 31/05/2011 02:00:33 »
I would love to study the biological semen regeneration process. That just MAY possibly be the path to a full POIS cure - for some of us!!

Maybe Pyropeach will help me/others take the lazy way out and teach us here? :)

Demo, you never fail to flatter....lol  I encourage everyone to lookup anything and everything about semen regeneration, or more accurately I'd say, semen-glands regeneration. 

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: 31/05/2011 03:09:27 »
in the past when i healed i felt this fullness you are talking about, i go in the shower and i have to keep testicles away from the spray of the water because it was pain when the water hits. Any other time while in pois  i didnt have that problem. lately i dont get that fullness feeling anymore, i think i have experimented tomuch, but i still have the ability to heal.

Offline Pharaoh

• View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: 31/05/2011 04:19:43 »
  Also, having seen Animus on TLC, I concluded that this illness must be "triggered" by something.  Animus seemed to be healthy, and after one night, he began to have POIS.  That is, he was NOT allergic to his sperm until that night.   

Hi Pharaoh,
I just wanted to make a quick clarification that video took a liberty there in saying that it happened overnight. It actually happened over the course of three months that I developed the illness. It was caused I believe by an herbal male enhancement supplement I was taking. It is true I was completely healthy before taking the supplements.
Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying that Animus. 

I recently discovered that my family has a history of hormonal disorders.  My grandmother and her 3 daughters, including my mother all had hypothyroidism.  They all underwent surgery to correct it.  Also, their brother, my uncle, had a growth hormone deficiency (pituitary gland disorder).  My youngest brother has an autoimmune disease that requires he take prednisone.   I'm speculating that the adrenal gland maybe malfunctioning.  Following an O, I suffer a complete crash.  Not just figuratively, but literally.  I nearly pass out on the couch or bed.  My hear rate remains elevated for up to 1 hour after the event.  It seems this maybe related to a release of excess cortisol (the "allergic" reaction), while the counterbalancing effect of DHEA production is insufficient or excessively delayed. 

Btw, would anyone be so kind as to send me a copy of Dr. Waldinger's latest paper? 

Thanks.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: 31/05/2011 04:34:36 »
My reaction to POIS is different.  Day 1 is almost non-existent to me, it is I'd say 85% better of what it used to be 2 years ago after recognizing this disease, just day 0, where I feel an incredible rush of energy.  But a very bad rush feeling.  Like some of you who seem to pass out after O, it's the opposite for me.  I'm way tooooo hyped.  And get that crappy POIS sickness regeneration feeling.  And it's also weird that I seem to sleep my best the days when I O?  Or maybe thats just a coincidence.  I also notice that if i stay up to 5 am, i actually get tired and sleep.  I feel more refreshed if I sleep from 5am onwards, than start at a normal time, say 10 pm.  Weird... [xx(]
« Last Edit: 31/05/2011 17:20:10 by demografx »

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: 31/05/2011 10:48:55 »
From: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/in_depth/allergies/allergicmedical_treatments.shtml

Treating allergies:
1) Desensitisation immunotherapy
2) Effective symptom relief
3) Treating inflammation
4) Monoclonal antibodies
5) DNA vaccines

One of the most exciting developments in medical science this century is the so-called biological agents, or monoclonal antibodies.
Patients with allergies have increased blood levels of the antibody IgE, which triggers mast cells to release histamine and other inflammatory mediators. If the effect of IgE is blocked, the allergic reaction is stopped in its tracks.
Humanised monoclonal antibody proteins cling to free immunoglobulin IgE in the bloodstream and render it inactive, preventing allergies from developing.
They also stick to the activation areas on mast cells preventing IgE from attaching, as well as reducing the overall manufacture of IgE in the body.
The monoclonal antibody omalizumab is available as a treatment for asthma and rhinitis. Similar monoclonal antibodies can be used to prevent food allergic reactions by blocking the effect of IgE.
These wonder proteins have a general 'calming' effect on many forms of inflammation, including arthritis, colitis and skin diseases.
As with any new drug, they're expensive. They also have to be given by injection - being proteins, they'd be digested and rendered inactive if taken orally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoclonal_antibody_therapy

You you want to reply to this, I have posted this on the POIS forum.

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: 31/05/2011 15:56:37 »
The nature.com article was discussed on this forum before.
I bought it and, apart from the first paragraph that talks about the urinary thing (I can't remember they are in Dr W's papers, or are they?) it is a summary of Dr W. papers.
I can send it to you if you PM me your mail. I am not going to post as there may be rights on.

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: 31/05/2011 18:18:33 »
hi friends had terrible 2 weeks..this 2 weeks i had many O's and i paid for it.the whole 2 weeks i was screwed up with pois...but this time i had experienced some new things..

1.i almost did not have O for almost 2 months..but when i had it it was frequent around 4-5 times in 2 weeks...i noticed that i got pain in my left testicule which is still there even after my last O that was 4 days back.

2.this time i tried having fenugreek seeds while i was suffering from pois but i noticed that it made me very aggressive though it helped me a little in my confidence but i used to get very hyper and angry on people...this thing i have never noticed before...

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13470 on: 31/05/2011 18:49:34 »
in the past when i healed i felt this fullness you are talking about, i go in the shower and i have to keep testicles away from the spray of the water because it was pain when the water hits. Any other time while in pois  i didnt have that problem. lately i dont get that fullness feeling anymore, i think i have experimented tomuch, but i still have the ability to heal.

When I get that "fullness" below, it's selling, inflamation, includes everything from the testicles to the prostate.

For me anyways, it's not a fullness of being full of sperm.

Even on the contrary. Once my session is terminated and I'm ready to look my wifey in the eye, "down there" is probably more normal sized, than ever. Until I look her in the eyes.... ;D;D

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: 31/05/2011 19:57:37 »
The nature.com article was discussed on this forum before.
I bought it and, apart from the first paragraph that talks about the urinary thing (I can't remember they are in Dr W's papers, or are they?) it is a summary of Dr W. papers.
I can send it to you if you PM me your mail. I am not going to post as there may be rights on.

VERY sorry, Rock, I simply forgot that you were the FIRST who brought it to my attention!

Thanks again!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: 31/05/2011 20:11:12 »
From: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/in_depth/allergies/allergicmedical_treatments.shtml

Treating allergies:
1) Desensitisation immunotherapy
2) Effective symptom relief
3) Treating inflammation
4) Monoclonal antibodies
5) DNA vaccines

One of the most exciting developments in medical science this century is the so-called biological agents, or monoclonal antibodies.
Patients with allergies have increased blood levels of the antibody IgE, which triggers mast cells to release histamine and other inflammatory mediators. If the effect of IgE is blocked, the allergic reaction is stopped in its tracks.
Humanised monoclonal antibody proteins cling to free immunoglobulin IgE in the bloodstream and render it inactive, preventing allergies from developing.
They also stick to the activation areas on mast cells preventing IgE from attaching, as well as reducing the overall manufacture of IgE in the body.
The monoclonal antibody omalizumab is available as a treatment for asthma and rhinitis. Similar monoclonal antibodies can be used to prevent food allergic reactions by blocking the effect of IgE.
These wonder proteins have a general 'calming' effect on many forms of inflammation, including arthritis, colitis and skin diseases.
As with any new drug, they're expensive. They also have to be given by injection - being proteins, they'd be digested and rendered inactive if taken orally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoclonal_antibody_therapy

You you want to reply to this, I have posted this on the POIS forum.

Thanks, horizon!

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: 31/05/2011 23:38:35 »
I know some got a trial on it (I remember someone was even cured with that) but Bupropion (Wellbutrin) cured the "arousal headache" for many people and even "some orgasmic disorder" :

Reported difficulty or delay in achieving orgasm, satisfaction with orgasm and erectile function, and subjective impressions of drug effect.
RESULTS:

In the women, there were significant improvements relative to baseline (p < .01) on both doses of bupropion-SR in all measured aspects of sexual function, and significant improvements relative to placebo (p < .05) in overall sexual satisfaction on both doses and satisfaction with intensity of orgasm on 150 mg/day (300 mg/day, p = .10). In the men, significant improvements over baseline (p < .01) were observed with both doses in overall sexual satisfaction, ability to achieve an erection, and delay in reaching orgasm/ejaculation; significant improvements relative to placebo (p < .05) were observed in overall sexual satisfaction on both doses, ability to achieve erection on 150 mg/day, and delay in orgasm/ejaculation on 150 mg/day. Seventy percent of subjects reported improvement in libido, arousal, or orgasmic function during bupropion administration.
CONCLUSIONS:

Bupropion-SR may be a useful agent for treating orgasmic delay and inhibition, and possibly disorders of sexual arousal. The results argue against bupropion's apparent prosexual effect in depressed patients being simply a result of its antidepressant activity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10929571

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: 31/05/2011 23:59:44 »

When I get that "fullness" below, it's selling...

Who is it selling?  :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13474 on: 31/05/2011 23:59:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums