The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6447807 times)

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13625 on: 13/06/2011 00:46:26 »
I went to my GP yesterday and he for the first time actually knew about POIS and had lots of info on it. He had read the Waldinger study....
dbfd588 - that's awesome that your GP has read Waldinger's study.  Amazingly, the GP I went to last week was familiar with Waldinger's study as well.  This gives me a lot of hope that our study commissioned through NORD will be read by doctors and researchers world-wide!

Today I made my first donation to NORD, which was a VERY exciting moment for me!  The remainder of my contribution will be given in increments as we raise more money together.  What's clear to me is that there's only a small group of us, and it really is up to every single one of us to make this dream a reality; so thank you to everyone who has given what you can.  Individually we're weak, but together via this forum and together via research through NORD and just together in general, we are very strong indeed!     
« Last Edit: 13/06/2011 00:48:40 by B_Daniel »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: 13/06/2011 01:29:08 »

Today I made my first donation to NORD, which was a VERY exciting moment for me!  The remainder of my contribution will be given in increments as we raise more money together.  What's clear to me is that there's only a small group of us, and it really is up to every single one of us to make this dream a reality; so thank you to everyone who has given what you can.  Individually we're weak, but together via this forum and together via research through NORD and just together in general, we are very strong indeed! 

B_Daniel, thank you for both the DONATION and the MESSAGE!!
« Last Edit: 13/06/2011 01:35:26 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: 13/06/2011 01:36:55 »
Rock27, VERY sorry to hear of your problem, it's Sunday night and I contacted Stefanie at home to hopefully resolve first thing Monday morning!

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: 13/06/2011 04:45:10 »
Hi everyone!

I have visited my doctor about 6 weeks ago and he prescribed  Loratadine 10 mg after I talked to him about my symptoms about two month ago.

I took one pill each day and did not see any effect on reducing the symptoms. I had another visit to him a week ago and updated him on the results of taking this medication. He suggested a different antihistamine which I am going to start taking it soon. He has also suggested me to visit a psychiatric to see if the symptoms are results of a type of anxiety.

I told him I get the same symptoms when I have wet dreams and sometimes I don`t even notice that I had one but I get the symptoms and then I confirm that I had one. So how could I get anxious about it without knowing that I had ejaculation and get the symptoms after?

He said, in anyways, the psychiatric might help me with getting less of wet dreams and or coping with the symptoms.

I have not visited the psychiatric yet.

Please let me know what you think about going to the psychiatric and any comments or suggestions.

Thank you.   

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: 13/06/2011 07:54:33 »
We're making progress on the new site thread "Theoretical discussion of POIS". We have some excellent charts and illustrations to help visualize the data. I've just added a new pie-chart showing the composition of semen by gland- it's interesting. There is a section of the male anatomy showing the pathway of semen, and many other facts there as well.

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: 13/06/2011 10:37:52 »
can somebody tell me how long does the effects of pois stay after an O?

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13631 on: 13/06/2011 10:38:31 »
today is the 9 th day but i am still not totally out of it...

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: 13/06/2011 10:45:01 »
i wish i am born again without this horrible disease...i have suffered so much in my life..i wish i can undo all that i have done in the past...when i am totally out of it i am very good at whatever i do...but whats the use..out of 365 days in a year i think i am suffering for almost 250 days and the rest of the days are only good if am staying away from that f_&*&_g   O which empties my mind of all the wisdom and i am left with crap...
« Last Edit: 13/06/2011 10:50:58 by bitu8489 »

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13633 on: 13/06/2011 10:52:54 »
i think their are lots of sufferers like us in this world who are not even aware that they are suffering from something and feel that they just get tired after sex

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: 13/06/2011 12:46:11 »
That's for everybody different. For me normally it takes 4 days. But if I have an O. when I am in POIS it could take more then a week. So since 2 years I have this plan not to have an O. in POIS. This means that you can have 2 O.'s in a week. It's difficult sometimes, but you want a normal life you have to.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13635 on: 13/06/2011 13:03:21 »
i wish i am born again without this horrible disease...i have suffered so much in my life..i wish i can undo all that i have done in the past...when i am totally out of it i am very good at whatever i do...but whats the use..out of 365 days in a year i think i am suffering for almost 250 days and the rest of the days are only good if am staying away from that f_&*&_g   O which empties my mind of all the wisdom and i am left with crap...
We all have that feeling. But that's just the way it is. There are children with cancer, people who are disabled..... and we have POIS. It's a terrible diseasse, but we can be ok without an O. There are people who are feeling terrible all day.
Just hang on there. 2011 could be the year of POIS. We are making great progress.

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13636 on: 13/06/2011 13:47:28 »
OK,
My Garlic review:

Raw Garlic cloves                                TICK- Smelly but work
"Morrisons" Odourless Garlic Pills-             X dont work
"Hollands and Barretts" Garlic Oil Pills 5000mg TICK Smelly but they work!!
Some instant POIS relief, this is the first supplement I personally have found to do this (Fenugreek wasnt as good).

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1976&prodid=486&cid=22&sid=0

I suspect the Morrison Odourless Garlic pills didnt have Allicin in it (but I am not sure). So I therefore suspect it is Allicin which is reliefing my POIS. It seems to be the odour part which is doing it but I will have to investigate this more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allicin
From http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/388826/whats_in_garlic_that_makes_it_a_powerful.html?cat=68
What's in Garlic that Makes it a Powerful Natural Medicine?
It is used to treat skin fungus infections. Others use it to alleviate toothache. Ever-present in the kitchen, garlic has always likewise been regarded as a powerful natural medicine. And being a species of the onion family, it sounds perfectly right to say, "A clove of garlic a day keeps the doctor away."

Well, you really don't need to consume an entire fresh clove each day to avoid taking that unwanted trip to your local medical center. Various scientific studies concluded that consuming even just half a clove of garlic daily may significantly lessen the risk of a number of health-related problems. Often it makes us wonder what's really in garlic that makes it such a potent cure for many diseases.

Garlic contains numerous enzymes, a number of sulfur compounds, and one particular mineral that explain its medicinal potency. The peculiar smell that garlic gives off when it is minced or masticated is caused by allicin, a pungent compound that is the major reason for the healing properties that garlic possesses. Another sulfur compound - S-allyl-cystein (a derivative of allicin) - is known to guard against certain types of cancer, particularly colon cancer. On the other hand, garlic produces an enzyme called glutathione peroxidase which helps in neutralizing harmful carcinogens. Garlic also contains selenium. This trace mineral is known to help defend body cells from damage that may lead to cancer.

When ranged against penicillin, garlic may only be about 1 percent as effectual in destroying many of the microorganisms that are known to cause diseases. However, garlic does operate against a wide range of viruses and bacteria - even some that penicillin can't kill. In some studies, it was proven that garlic can hold in check the development of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori which is a known cause of stomach ulcer.

Most of the tests conducted on garlic point to the undeniable power of garlic in lowering the levels of cholesterol. In these studies, garlic manifested its ability to lower the levels of triglycerides - the blood fats considered as a risk factor for heart malady. Indications from the same studies imply that garlic can lessen the tendency of the blood to coagulate. In this way, garlic helps fend off heart attacks.

For centuries, garlic has been an important part in cooking and an essential ingredient in many food preparations. But it is believed that the many health benefits that garlic can provide may be best obtained when it is consumed in its raw state. For people who dislike the taste and smell of garlic but might want to avail themselves of its many health benefits, consider taking supplements. An ideal brand is one that guarantees the provision of approximately 5,000 micrograms of allicin.

HOW DO PEOPLE COMPARE GARLIC ODOUR TABS V. ODOURLESS GARLIC TABS?
question put on the poll center!
« Last Edit: 13/06/2011 15:25:01 by horizon »

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: 13/06/2011 14:02:49 »
That's for everybody different. For me normally it takes 4 days. But if I have an O. when I am in POIS it could take more then a week. So since 2 years I have this plan not to have an O. in POIS. This means that you can have 2 O.'s in a week. It's difficult sometimes, but you want a normal life you have to.
ya i think its true this time i had 3 Os in the same night and i am still suffering...its the 9 th day today....i think having multiple Os worsens pois...

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: 13/06/2011 14:05:16 »
when you have only one O at a time then the recovery time is fast....thank you vandemolen3 for clearing my doubt
« Last Edit: 13/06/2011 14:25:56 by bitu8489 »

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: 13/06/2011 14:26:53 »
i have noted one more thing that my eye flickers when i am in pois....

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: 13/06/2011 15:34:27 »
He said, in anyways, the psychiatric might help me with getting less of wet dreams and or coping with the symptoms.

I have not visited the psychiatric yet.

Please let me know what you think about going to the psychiatric and any comments or suggestions.

Thank you.   

Stefanie at NORD, is sympathetic to the type pf reactions that we receive from doctors, and is also helpful in understanding how the system works.

Unfortunately it's a system that justifies to a great extent the doctors' behaviour, under a cloak of "ethics" and the requirement to document their decisions for each action they take.

BASICALLY, they use their descretion, and obviously, as happens with all rare disorders, when they don't understand the problem, they don't (can't?) go out on a limb. But the normal procedure is to refer you to someone who knows more about the potential problem.

If they are so naive as to believe that it's a psychological problems, there's not muchmore they can do.

You could however, TRY to convince him that it could help immensely if they could refer you to a immunologist or neurohormonal speicalist or something OTHER than psychiatrist.

As far as going to the psychiatrist yourself, don't know, it's possible he could help you with handling your symptoms, or reducing NEs, but his intention will probably be "other".

Try to see if you can squeeze out a better referal, to someone more pertinent. It's obvious this guy doesn't understand much beyond your every day general practice.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13641 on: 13/06/2011 16:07:53 »
when you have only one O at a time then the recovery time is fast....thank you vandemolen3 for clearing my doubt

There's also a longer term tendency for it to be cummulative.

Some of my sessions only last 4 days, so I can sometimes do it after that. But I find that one or two sessions can be shorter, usually the first the shortest. But if I "O" as soon as I'm better, the third is quite bad and lasts 2 wks or more. But if I stretch out to about 9 days, that my symptoms only last on the average about a 5 to 7 days. And each session is more or less the same, without some shorter and then a doozie.

As Van says, we are all different. Perhaps one can do it onece every 4 days consistently, and another only every 9 days. But if we try to squeeze in more, it will come back to bit us.

So if you find that you can do it twicw per week, but on about the third week you have a real heavy one, perhaps it's better to back off to one every 5 days. This is good because it can give you a couple of days of sanity between sessions, and you don't get a bad session jumpingin there to wreak havoc.

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: 13/06/2011 16:44:24 »

There's also a longer term tendency for it to be cummulative.

Some of my sessions only last 4 days, so I can sometimes do it after that. But I find that one or two sessions can be shorter, usually the first the shortest. But if I "O" as soon as I'm better, the third is quite bad and lasts 2 wks or more. But if I stretch out to about 9 days, that my symptoms only last on the average about a 5 to 7 days. And each session is more or less the same, without some shorter and then a doozie.

As Van says, we are all different. Perhaps one can do it onece every 4 days consistently, and another only every 9 days. But if we try to squeeze in more, it will come back to bit us.

So if you find that you can do it twicw per week, but on about the third week you have a real heavy one, perhaps it's better to back off to one every 5 days. This is good because it can give you a couple of days of sanity between sessions, and you don't get a bad session jumpingin there to wreak havoc.

this time i think i have overdone it cause its the 9th day today and still its not totally recovered....and this time my i have a new symptom..my right eye flickers all the time... and i fell so stressed..am planning to go for a single O tonight..i think it will solve the problem..and i will recover fully in the normal time that is around 4-5days...
« Last Edit: 14/06/2011 06:28:12 by bitu8489 »

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: 13/06/2011 16:48:53 »
i hate interacting with anybody when i am suffering from pois...and i tend to be home all the time though my family members dont like me sitting home but i cant tell them what i am suffering through...

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: 13/06/2011 19:23:57 »
Hey brave souls! ;D

Rock27 and Martin88 both had problems on the international donations page at N O R D over the weekend, even though "N O R D  IT" had indicated that it was tested and working.

Demo and I have about 40 EMails each back and forth with people at N O R D, from the site programmer all the way up to the CEO. At 10:01, we had set a limit of 10:00, we received a message that the system was now operational.

Stefanie is sick at home (over this I might add). Didn't get to sleep until about 05:30 AM!
Demo had to go take a walk to "settle down", so meantime I send this note!

Please, any more problems, (let's hope not) report them immediately via PM please. Let's hope that this time it's true and the system is functional.

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: 13/06/2011 20:41:12 »
sometimes I don`t even notice that I had one <wet dream> but I get the symptoms and then I confirm that I had one.

This happens to me quite a lot. If you stay awake you can feel the pressure building up and then the release of the pressure. There is no (clear) semen release.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: 13/06/2011 22:59:31 »
this time i think i have overdone it cause its the 9th day today and still its not totally recovered....and this time my i have a new symptom..my right flickers all the time... and i fell so stressed..am planning to go for a single O tonight..i think it will solve the problem..and i will recover fully in the normal time that is around 4-5days...
Eyes that flicker could be caused by stress. If I were you: no O. First you have to recover. A few days ago I showed a picture what sperm can do to a POIS-patient. You can see a red rash and nodules. Can you imagine what happens inside the body with all that sperm? And because your body thinks it's something bad your immune system works and you get very tired.

And about not wanting to talk to anybody: there are more people who have this. Maybe on day 1 it's better not to have a lot of contact, but on day 2 you have to socialize.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: 14/06/2011 01:55:23 »

As soon as the international way of donation is efficient, I want to start with a 100$ donation and then see how the 33 500 $ are reached to put more money in the bank  ;D

Habibou, thank you!!
« Last Edit: 14/06/2011 01:57:18 by demografx »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: 14/06/2011 02:07:00 »
this time i think i have overdone it cause its the 9th day today and still its not totally recovered....and this time my i have a new symptom..my right flickers all the time... and i fell so stressed..am planning to go for a single O tonight..i think it will solve the problem..and i will recover fully in the normal time that is around 4-5days...
Eyes that flicker could be caused by stress. If I were you: no O. First you have to recover. A few days ago I showed a picture what sperm can do to a POIS-patient. You can see a red rash and nodules. Can you imagine what happens inside the body with all that sperm? And because your body thinks it's something bad your immune system works and you get very tired.

And about not wanting to talk to anybody: there are more people who have this. Maybe on day 1 it's better not to have a lot of contact, but on day 2 you have to socialize.

Hi Vandemolen,
Can you please post that photo to the Theoretical discussion thread on the new forum? It's a very interesting image, and we're trying to collect these kinds of images in one place for an eventual "wiki". thanks, Animus
« Last Edit: 14/06/2011 07:49:17 by Animus »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: 14/06/2011 02:57:46 »
Just a note on the international donation facility at NORD!

Well I have to say, they know who we are!! This facility was new, and had a few last kinks, although more than anything it was erring on the safe side. But all's well now, they say.

There should be no more problems, but IF there are, any error would be tagged with a special error log code, which helps them follow up. Should you have problems, report that number to the webmaster and they will get you straightened away. Follow up with a PM to us.

I should be posting a new total tomorrow.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13649 on: 14/06/2011 02:57:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums