The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6454912 times)

Offline rock27

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13675 on: 15/06/2011 21:42:29 »
i sometimes recollect my old times when i had not entered my puberty and maybe had not ever masturbuted...i was fine then....a brilliant student and a brilliant son...but then everything went wrong in life once i started masturbuting...

Bitu,

I know! POIS is debilitating. I have experienced the same feelings as you.
Also, it has long be thought of as something "just in our heads".

However, recent research by internationally recognised doctor Waldinger has indicated this is a medical condition (semen allergy). I urge you to contact an allergist close to you and show him the Waldinger papers and get tested. If it's not an allergy in your case you might want to consult an endocrinologist.

Good luck and please report back on how you're going!

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: 15/06/2011 22:09:03 »
hi vandemolen as i told u today is the 10th morning and last night i had a single O and today i am out of it...i am feeling so good...

Bitu8489 - I don't get it.  I've NEVER relieved myself of POIS by having an O.  Did I understand that correctly - You had multiple Os in a night, which caused a terrible bout.  So 9 days later you had a single O which made you feel better - Is that right?  Anyone else ever experience something similar?  If that's true perhaps that lends credence to the regeneration theory - as maybe with 1 O you're re-dialing some biofeedback mechanism on how the regeneration process takes place.  Just a craaaazy off the wall thought.  Might make no sense.

B_Daniel, this is not that uncommon with POIS. 

Several people, including myself, have noticed that while in POIS, another orgasm (whether it be hours or days after the first orgasm) can SOMETIMES alleviate the symptoms or cause them to improve.  It took me 10 years of having POIS to figure this out.  Obviously it may not work for you or many others with POIS.

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: 15/06/2011 22:55:26 »
Why antihistamines do not prevent the allergy from developing after an O? Any ideas?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: 15/06/2011 22:59:05 »

Research Fund Total: $1,650.00

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: 15/06/2011 23:30:26 »
Why antihistamines do not prevent the allergy from developing after an O? Any ideas?
I think because the allergy attack is too big. And antihistamines we can take are pills. The only antishistamines that could bring the symptoms down is an injection through the urethra. I talked with my doctor about this, and he said that it could be a solution. But the only problem is, that there is no such thing. And pharmaceutical industry will not make something for maybe 10.000 people in the whole world.
« Last Edit: 15/06/2011 23:32:48 by Vandemolen3 »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13680 on: 16/06/2011 00:01:34 »
I know that not every allergy is the same, but it's worth trying. I used to drink probiotics for my intestines. But that didn't help. Now I know that my problem them was UTI and stress.
Not such a good idea for me. I have stomach problems when I drink probiotics.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: 16/06/2011 01:33:05 »

Research Fund Total: $2,150.00

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: 16/06/2011 03:08:39 »
hi vandemolen as i told u today is the 10th morning and last night i had a single O and today i am out of it...i am feeling so good...

Bitu8489 - I don't get it.  I've NEVER relieved myself of POIS by having an O.  Did I understand that correctly - You had multiple Os in a night, which caused a terrible bout.  So 9 days later you had a single O which made you feel better - Is that right?  Anyone else ever experience something similar?  If that's true perhaps that lends credence to the regeneration theory - as maybe with 1 O you're re-dialing some biofeedback mechanism on how the regeneration process takes place.  Just a craaaazy off the wall thought.  Might make no sense.

B_Daniel, this is not that uncommon with POIS. 

Several people, including myself, have noticed that while in POIS, another orgasm (whether it be hours or days after the first orgasm) can SOMETIMES alleviate the symptoms or cause them to improve.  It took me 10 years of having POIS to figure this out.  Obviously it may not work for you or many others with POIS.

I'm sure it will be a long time before we have an explanation as to why that happens.  It is very interesting though, and quite counter-intuitive to an allergy issue.  I may indeed also have gotten relief from an O in the past, but since my symptoms are 90% cognitive, it is more difficult for me to pinpoint when I go in and out of POIS than it is for somebody with mostly physical symptoms. 
« Last Edit: 16/06/2011 03:15:31 by B_Daniel »

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: 16/06/2011 03:50:32 »
Okay. New observation: After having no orgasm for 9 days, a single NE made me so sick like never before. Normally I have been having an NE every 7 days. This time it made me so sick; intense brain fog and extreme fatigue.

Anyone has any idea about this?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: 16/06/2011 05:40:35 »

Mer, some of my most vicious and devastating POIS episodes came from "harmless" NE's.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: 16/06/2011 15:11:01 »
Today I had another injection. Last time the dilution was 1/1000. Today it was 1/200. About 4 weeks it will be 1/70. At 1/70 there will be a big improvement. So I am looking forward for that appointment. Normally you achieve 1/70 after 1 year. I will do that after 4 months.
« Last Edit: 16/06/2011 15:18:16 by Vandemolen3 »

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: 16/06/2011 15:17:27 »
A time ago they injected a person who didn't had POIS, he had no reaction. In the Netherlands it is not allowed to inject a person with semen of another person.

I showed the picture of my hand. The doctor said it is the same reaction of people who have a food allergy. He said that inside the body there are the same red spots.

And the doctor said it is good to have O.'s in a regular basis. So it can trigger the body. It helps the injections.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: 16/06/2011 17:38:58 »
I don't know B_Jim. The reservoir in the needle was full. And it was injected all.

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: 16/06/2011 17:58:42 »
Thanks for reporting back Van! 1/70 in 4 months + recognition by medic. Awesome!

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: 16/06/2011 18:08:17 »
A time ago they injected a person who didn't had POIS, he had no reaction. In the Netherlands it is not allowed to inject a person with semen of another person.

I showed the picture of my hand. The doctor said it is the same reaction of people who have a food allergy. He said that inside the body there are the same red spots.

And the doctor said it is good to have O.'s in a regular basis. So it can trigger the body. It helps the injections.
where did you get that info ( injecting non poiser and no reaction) is there a way to reference it, that is the big question dr waldinger paper didnt answer

the fact that can inject people with other peoples semen the only reason why dr waldinger didnt didnt do test on non poisers.
« Last Edit: 16/06/2011 18:11:37 by CCconfucius »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: 16/06/2011 18:13:20 »

nice i like that, lets all keep the money coming everybody and thanks to those that did the big donations.

Has a letter being constructed yet to send to dormant poisers.
« Last Edit: 16/06/2011 18:14:59 by CCconfucius »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: 16/06/2011 18:26:17 »
Thanks, cc!

The outreach letter is in progress.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: 16/06/2011 19:40:47 »

where did you get that info ( injecting non poiser and no reaction) is there a way to reference it, that is the big question dr waldinger paper didnt answer

the fact that can inject people with other peoples semen the only reason why dr waldinger didnt didnt do test on non poisers.

Someone without POIS could be injected with his own semen.  That would be a satisfactory control for the purpose of Dr. Waldinger's experiment.  Injecting someone with someone else's semen would be an entirely different and new investigation.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: 16/06/2011 19:43:26 »

I'd like to say I intend to donate to this fund and that it seems to be an incredibly worthy investment of money.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13695 on: 16/06/2011 19:56:47 »
Someone without POIS could be injected with his own semen.  That would be a satisfactory control for the purpose of Dr. Waldinger's experiment.  Injecting someone with someone else's semen would be an entirely different and new investigation.
It's a risk. Because healthy people can get new disseases by the 'strange' semen. They don't want to take that risk.
About your question (injecting non poiser and no reaction): It's done by a my allergy doctor.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: 16/06/2011 20:04:36 »
It's a risk. Because healthy people can get new disseases by the 'strange' semen. They don't want to take that risk.
About your question (injecting non poiser and no reaction): It's done by a my allergy doctor.

Yes.  I am saying that injecting someone without pois with his own semen would be good enough as a 'control' for Waldinger's study.  This should not be that hard to do.  I don't know of any published studies where it is done though.

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: 16/06/2011 22:24:27 »
I gave 100$ for the POIS fund and more if I see we can reach 33500$. We should make a fake POIS fund to see how much we can get.

Offline Guthrie

• View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: 16/06/2011 23:10:13 »
Here is an article that I just noticed when searching online:

http://www.twinsuk.ac.uk/Publicatons/2011/Postcoital.pdf

It seems to be about a 'female version' of POIS: Postcoital psychological symptoms (PPS).  And, the article makes a direct comparison to POIS, and mentions the Waldinger/Schweitzer and Ashby/Goldmeier studies.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: 16/06/2011 23:29:00 »
Here is an article that I just noticed when searching online:

http://www.twinsuk.ac.uk/Publicatons/2011/Postcoital.pdf

It seems to be about a 'female version' of POIS: Postcoital psychological symptoms (PPS).  And, the article makes a direct comparison to POIS, and mentions the Waldinger/Schweitzer and Ashby/Goldmeier studies.
Interesting! But for females it's easier. Just use a condom. And they can mast. without get sick.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13699 on: 16/06/2011 23:29:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length