The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6445704 times)

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13850 on: 05/07/2011 17:44:34 »
For some reason its not letting me post a message, it says "the following errors have occurred:" and then it lists nothing.  Perhaps I'll try splitting it into two posts. 

Update: I guess it wasn't allowing me to post the link.
« Last Edit: 05/07/2011 17:46:38 by GoingCrazy »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #13851 on: 05/07/2011 17:46:02 »
Hello fellow POIS sufferers, I haven't been on the forum in a while, and during that time I have found extreme success in possibly curing my POIS 100%.  I remember how in previous posts, animus explained how his POIS came from his spine up into his head.  So during this time I have done several different things, some based upon that information.  I will list what I believe to be the most important thing I have done, to the least important thing I have done.  I say this has cured my POIS 100% because I O'd 5 times about a week and a half ago without any POIS, and just yesterday I have O'd 4 times without any POIS.  Also am sleeping great.  Hopefully this stays strong.  So anyway...

1)  My uncle is a chiropractor and he gave me an adjustment.  First he twisted my neck, the main chiropractic treatment, and than he pressed heavily on my lower spine (cracking it), than pressed heavily on my upper spine (cracking it) with all of his strength.  I haven't had a headache, or inflammation in my head,as I called it, since than.  He told me it is called a cervicogenic headache.

2)  I now sleep with my head raised about 20-25 degrees.  Search "the way you are sleeping may be killing you" in ezine articles... it's giving me an error message if I put the actual link in.

3)  I've been taking clonazepam (probably not correct spelling), about once a week to help me sleep, I take about 1/4 of a pill.  But now I sleep regularly and very deeply without disturbance, all throughout the night without taking the sleeping pill.  It's actually an anti-seizure pill.  I don't need this any more.

4)  I've been getting a lot of exercise and sunlight.  Definitely helps with the circulation.

The only thing now, especially the last couple of days, instead of the "ache" being in my head that I believe causes POIS as it happens, it feels like it is now in my tailbone.  Now I feel like I have to go to the bathroom almost all the time.  It's really not that bad though.  SO much better than POIS.  This is just a nuisance, feels like a knot down there, and it could possibly just be from running and sports.  So for my POIS and maybe others, it feels as though this is "spine" based.  Possibly a bad alignment of the spine that comes out with headaches and POIS by supposedly blocking circulation.  I will update.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #13852 on: 05/07/2011 17:56:06 »
I have found two drugs, that are injection:
COMPLAMIN (Xantinol nicotinate) Injections 150 mg/ml
SADAMIN; SADAMIN PROLONGATUM Injections 150 mg/ml

It is great volume. You have found a solution for intravenous droppers. You need to find ampoules on 2 ml. For injections in a muscle.

No that are 2ml ampules. Marketed in Germany

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: 05/07/2011 18:39:04 »
Did you test all 56 POIS sufferers on one day?
« Last Edit: 05/07/2011 20:38:24 by horizon »

Offline Starsky

• View Profile

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13855 on: 05/07/2011 21:12:14 »
Hello fellow POIS sufferers, I haven't been on the forum in a while, and during that time I have found extreme success in possibly curing my POIS 100%.  I remember how in previous posts, animus explained how his POIS came from his spine up into his head.  So during this time I have done several different things, some based upon that information.  I will list what I believe to be the most important thing I have done, to the least important thing I have done.  I say this has cured my POIS 100% because I O'd 5 times about a week and a half ago without any POIS, and just yesterday I have O'd 4 times without any POIS.  Also am sleeping great.  Hopefully this stays strong.  So anyway...

1)  My uncle is a chiropractor and he gave me an adjustment.  First he twisted my neck, the main chiropractic treatment, and than he pressed heavily on my lower spine (cracking it), than pressed heavily on my upper spine (cracking it) with all of his strength.  I haven't had a headache, or inflammation in my head,as I called it, since than.  He told me it is called a cervicogenic headache.

2)  I now sleep with my head raised about 20-25 degrees.  Search "the way you are sleeping may be killing you" in ezine articles... it's giving me an error message if I put the actual link in.

3)  I've been taking clonazepam (probably not correct spelling), about once a week to help me sleep, I take about 1/4 of a pill.  But now I sleep regularly and very deeply without disturbance, all throughout the night without taking the sleeping pill.  It's actually an anti-seizure pill.  I don't need this any more.

4)  I've been getting a lot of exercise and sunlight.  Definitely helps with the circulation.

The only thing now, especially the last couple of days, instead of the "ache" being in my head that I believe causes POIS as it happens, it feels like it is now in my tailbone.  Now I feel like I have to go to the bathroom almost all the time.  It's really not that bad though.  SO much better than POIS.  This is just a nuisance, feels like a knot down there, and it could possibly just be from running and sports.  So for my POIS and maybe others, it feels as though this is "spine" based.  Possibly a bad alignment of the spine that comes out with headaches and POIS by supposedly blocking circulation.  I will update.

Interesting Goingcrazy.  I have mild kyphosis in my back and there is a noticeable hump.  I always thought it could ffect my circulation.  I wouldn't be surprised if it has some way of causing my pois.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: 05/07/2011 22:05:42 »
Hi POIS1441,

Thanks so much for posting here!!  I am extremely relieved and excited by the idea of a treatment.

Can you please explain your scientific reasoning for why the treatment is effective?  Please, feel free to post it in Russian.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: 05/07/2011 22:57:45 »
Check out blog pretty nice explains his theory about circulation and how brain dosnt dump out blood efficiently enough after initial blood rush from orgasm

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #13858 on: 05/07/2011 23:26:27 »
Hello Dmitry!

Thank you for informing us about the cure! I will try to test the medicine as soon as possible.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: 06/07/2011 01:40:53 »
RISKS OF SELF-INJECTING DRUGS

Bacterial infections can occur even when clean injecting equipment is used. Bacterial infections may cause a local abscess at the injecting site or more seriously may cause infections in the heart (endocarditis) or other parts of the body. Damage to veins can occur from repeated injections at the same site.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13860 on: 06/07/2011 02:53:03 »
Anonymous said ...
Guys I have almost the same symptoms are, and just recently I realized that this prosaic prostate infection is usually caused by the so-called hlomidiyno-mycoplasmal bakterialnym mixed, they are opportunistic bakterii therefore a small amount of juice in the prostate is not alarming in the case of official medicine meet the following crop, as rule for all of us have problems with the stomach to the intestines or rather because that is our body is designed in such a way that protects the more important organs in the first place and are relegated to less important infections and more resistant bacteria are just saying warehousing negatively aggressive flora in Tolstoy and rectum in women and also in the epididymis and the pipes so here is the development of these baktery and leads to degeneration of the normal tissue in which fibrous in its structure is loose like a sponge, unfortunately, our prostate adheres to the rectum that makes it easy to chlamydia are likely through micro-fistulas fibrous tissue in the prostate gets the intestinal flora as during the release of prostatic juice creates a pressure difference and this flora is drawn as a pump, followed by the reaction of the immune system, where as here on the website quoted a Dutch doctor about an autoimmune reaction to his own sperm.
Sorry for the confusion and ochepyatki as writing and transliteration of the last fifteen years the Russian did not write.
Sergey

i copied this over from the blog pretty interesting explanation for immune reaction, may be this might explain why limejuice reacted to something in semen but not semen it self.

« Last Edit: 06/07/2011 03:38:13 by CCconfucius »

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13861 on: 06/07/2011 05:36:30 »
Damn it sucks that you have to inject for it to work. I hate needles, especially in pois mode.  Also getting shots is much more difficult =(.

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13862 on: 06/07/2011 05:59:16 »
Damn it sucks that you have to inject for it to work. I hate needles, especially in pois mode.  Also getting shots is much more difficult =(.

silverandcol - Completely agree. Not to mention the risks of self injecting that Demo raised.
BUT...If thats what I gotta do then I'll do it. Its a pain in the ass (PUN intended) but its better than POIS.

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13863 on: 06/07/2011 06:07:12 »

GoingCrazy, I am assuming by reading your post that the chiropractic treatment was the most significant thing that helped. This for some reason resonates with me because every time I O, I get a lower back pain in my L3 part of the spine. It seems to happen when after I O. Very weird.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13864 on: 06/07/2011 06:13:54 »

Have any of you guys seen the movie 'Limitless' ?

It is exactly how I imagine a POIS pill to be!

First of all, Great Movie!  Second of all, i definitely thought the same thing.

If you haven't seen the movie Limitless, I highly recommend it to all POISers.

Synopsis:

Stars Robert De Niro. Aspiring author Eddie Morra suffers from chronic writer's block, but his life changes instantly when an old friend introduces him to NZT, a new pharmaceutical that allows him to tap his full potential. With every synapse crackling, Eddie can recall everything he has ever read, seen or heard, learn any language in a day, comprehend complex equations and beguile anyone he meets. Soon Eddie takes Wall Street by storm, parlaying a small stake into millions. But, his accomplishments catch the attention of people willing to do anything to get their hands on his stash of NZT. With his life in jeopardy and the drug's brutal side effects taking their toll, Eddie attempts to hang on to his dwindling supply of NZT long enough to outwit his enemies.

« Last Edit: 06/07/2011 06:45:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13865 on: 06/07/2011 06:23:41 »

[Injecting's] a pain in the ass (PUN intended) but it's better than POIS.

Just about ANYTHING is!!

Even waterboarding, I suspect! ;D
« Last Edit: 06/07/2011 06:26:15 by demografx »

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13866 on: 06/07/2011 07:26:45 »
Hi Everyone, Yet another Hurdle in my POIS Battle.

I have spent the lest 3 hours ringing pharmacies in Australia and Health Food Stores/Supplment Vitamin stores.
It seems no-one in Australia seems to have Xanthinol Nicotinate in injectible (or even tablet) form - or at least that I have been able to find.

If anyone finds an online store that sells this stuff and ships to Australia, please let me know.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13867 on: 06/07/2011 15:39:32 »
There is no drugstore which sell Xanthiol Nicotinate in France either  :(

For the chronic POIS in or out of POIS,do you think it could help to take the pills daily of Xanthiol Nicotinate, and then get the injection 60/100 minutes before the O?

I think, if it helps to avoid the POIS in a POIS period, then it could help to avoid POIS in a non POIS period...

Dmitry, Do we have to change of syringe for every new injection? thank you  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13868 on: 06/07/2011 18:35:35 »
Xanthiol Nicotinate:
From my pharmacology-attorney friend
(He knows about my 5-way bypass open heart surgery and BP meds)

"Demo. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was out of the office at a hearing. I would not take it if you are on BP meds because of its vasodilation. Could cause hypotension. Also, if you are on a statin do not take it.

It is a compound of xanthine and nicotinic acid, both of which are vasodilators. It increases blood flow in many vascular beds and has been promoted for cerebrovascular disorder , but therapeutic benefits are insignificant."
« Last Edit: 06/07/2011 23:04:17 by demografx »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13869 on: 06/07/2011 19:05:17 »
Dmitry, it is really kind of you to give us tips and answer all our questions !  :)

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13870 on: 06/07/2011 20:49:47 »
Perhaps Dmitry and Prof Waldinger should get in touch???? to talk about their experiences and studies...more safe.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 20:40:34 by Habibou »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #13871 on: 06/07/2011 22:42:01 »

GC thats interesting about the chyropractic. My first ever symptoms when I was young was severe back pain, upper back if I remember correctly. The POIS ghost is present throughout the body. I am surprised that manipulation would help POIS, but what do I know? About POIS... not that much.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13872 on: 06/07/2011 23:02:17 »
I understand that Xanthiol Nicotinate can do damage to the liver, especially when bypassing the stomach (intra-muscular injection).

I understand the desire to cure POIS (at all costs?). I can even understand doing controlled tests. If it is as safe as it sounds, then such tests should ba able to be performed with relative ease.

We all want a soultion to POIS, but we've waited most or all of our lives for a cure. 1) IS this a cure? 2) If not, what will we have learned by jumping all over this in an uncontrolled way?

Let's say that it helps symptoms but ISN'T a cure. What if it only works on some and not on others? What will we learn and know about this stuff if it isn't what it seems to be.

We have to stop going from one thing to another, and just dumping them if they don't work. We throw the baby away with the bath-water. When we could be learning from every failure. We just FAIL.

Don't we get tired of just failing?
« Last Edit: 06/07/2011 23:04:00 by daveman »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13873 on: 06/07/2011 23:28:48 »

For all our new visitors and friends!

We started a POIS Research Fund to boost our attack on The POIS Monster! Explained here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

We raised $2,150 in just the first 2 weeks, with much more pledged!

And your POIS fund donation is most welcome here:
http://rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

Our 4-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13874 on: 06/07/2011 23:31:55 »

I understand that Xanthiol Nicotinate can do damage to the liver, especially when bypassing the stomach (intra-muscular injection).

mod edit - emphasis above mine - demo

Dave, many thanks for some sober reflection here!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13874 on: 06/07/2011 23:31:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums