The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6426722 times)

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13875 on: 07/07/2011 01:00:13 »
ON THE POISCENTER SITE can we get a link, or do we already have a link to the NORD page for POIS donations. if not we need a "DONATE HERE" link on the top of the site.  WE have have many people browsing and passing through the site, and someone not related to our group may feel the urge to donate.

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: 07/07/2011 01:31:03 »
So what happened to dmitry o_o.  can we not discuss his cure now?

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: 07/07/2011 01:48:51 »
I understand that Xanthiol Nicotinate can do damage to the liver, especially when bypassing the stomach (intra-muscular injection).

I understand the desire to cure POIS (at all costs?). I can even understand doing controlled tests. If it is as safe as it sounds, then such tests should ba able to be performed with relative ease.

We all want a soultion to POIS, but we've waited most or all of our lives for a cure. 1) IS this a cure? 2) If not, what will we have learned by jumping all over this in an uncontrolled way?

Let's say that it helps symptoms but ISN'T a cure. What if it only works on some and not on others? What will we learn and know about this stuff if it isn't what it seems to be.

We have to stop going from one thing to another, and just dumping them if they don't work. We throw the baby away with the bath-water. When we could be learning from every failure. We just FAIL.

Don't we get tired of just failing?

wow, I've just caught up with the latest news here, and it's very interesting. I agree with daveman and demo about being cautiously optimistic. dmitri seems to have put a lot of work into this cure, and I hope to learn more about it. Perhaps we can organize a thread at the New Forum to discuss Xanthiol Nicotinate. It's pros and cons, it's legality, people's experience with it, etc.

I have to say my first impression was highly suspicious; and him wanting to make a personal profit from this doesn't help. I have seen other Russian scams which prey on people's vulnerability... they can be quite elaborate.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 04:39:52 by Animus »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: 07/07/2011 01:51:11 »
ON THE POISCENTER SITE can we get a link, or do we already have a link to the NORD page for POIS donations. if not we need a "DONATE HERE" link on the top of the site.  WE have have many people browsing and passing through the site, and someone not related to our group may feel the urge to donate.

Your right. I was looking for the link just today. There's a whole thread, but you have to wade through to find the donation link.

I'm on it.

Edit: I created a sticky thread (always on top within the donation category) with an easily seen title. Not Front Page, Front Page yet but I've got a couple of buttons coming, one is our direct link to our NORD database listing, and the other one will be the donation link. Front page buttons. But that requires a touch of coding. Coming soon to your local I-Explorer...
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 02:36:07 by daveman »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: 07/07/2011 01:54:39 »
wow, I've just caught up with the latest news here, and it's very exciting. I agree with daveman and demo about being cautiously optimistic. dmitri seems to have put a lot of work into this cure, and I hope to learn more about it. Perhaps we can organize a thread at the New Forum to discuss Xanthiol Nicotinate. It's pros and cons, it's legality, people's experience with it, etc. It's going to take a lot of work, but I think if we structure this well, and are keenly aware of the potential pitfalls, we can do some good and avoid unnecessary harm.

I hope we can learn from this. daveman, can we open a specific thread for Xanthiol Nicotinate under Alternative Causes and Treatments? I think it'll be a lot safer if we all inform ourselves as much as possible before doing anything! thanks.

Great suggestion Animus, right on it!

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 02:36:39 by daveman »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: 07/07/2011 02:02:08 »
wow, I've just caught up with the latest news here, and it's very exciting. I agree with daveman and demo about being cautiously optimistic. dmitri seems to have put a lot of work into this cure, and I hope to learn more about it. Perhaps we can organize a thread at the New Forum to discuss Xanthiol Nicotinate. It's pros and cons, it's legality, people's experience with it, etc. It's going to take a lot of work, but I think if we structure this well, and are keenly aware of the potential pitfalls, we can do some good and avoid unnecessary harm.

I hope we can learn from this. daveman, can we open a specific thread for Xanthiol Nicotinate under Alternative Causes and Treatments? I think it'll be a lot safer if we all inform ourselves as much as possible before doing anything! thanks.

Great suggestion Animus, right on it!

many thanks, daveman!
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 02:04:31 by Animus »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: 07/07/2011 02:25:28 »

So what happened to dmitry o_o.  can we not discuss his cure now?

Dmitry is banned for promoting injectable medicine irresponsibly. Offering injectable medicine through the mail without diagnosis or medically-qualified, in-person treatment is irresponsible quack behavior.

I do not want to risk lives here with his encouraging illegal mail order drug activity. And since it is not easily available locally, there is a question of needing to buy the drug from him after we "sample" it. That is forbidden activity here.

With several people already willing and able to "try it" from him (he posted his email, which is a spamming activity), this had to stop. We have some people desperate enough to try anything.

But this is FAR from safe. It was very difficult for me to take this step, because, as much as anyone here, I want to see POIS cured.

But not by risking health in a serious way.

I totally encourage responsible discussion of the drug itself.

« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 18:00:19 by demografx »

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: 07/07/2011 02:32:47 »
Did anyone ever find out if Dmitry was part of this Blog at all?

http://syndrom-x.blogspot.com/

There is some interesting stuff on there (using Google Translate), looks like some people have experimented with Diuretics with some success..of more interest is the theory that CCconficious found by a poster on there about how the Semenal Fluid upon ejaculation acts as a vacuum, potentially drawing in bacteria from the Rectum via some kind of minor fissure. This is what they believe to be causing the Auto Immune response that Waldinger has found. (Well at least that's my understanding of what was translated).

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: 07/07/2011 06:33:29 »
Anonymous said ...
Guys I have almost the same symptoms are, and just recently I realized that this prosaic prostate infection is usually caused by the so-called hlomidiyno-mycoplasmal bakterialnym mixed, they are opportunistic bakterii therefore a small amount of juice in the prostate is not alarming in the case of official medicine meet the following crop, as rule for all of us have problems with the stomach to the intestines or rather because that is our body is designed in such a way that protects the more important organs in the first place and are relegated to less important infections and more resistant bacteria are just saying warehousing negatively aggressive flora in Tolstoy and rectum in women and also in the epididymis and the pipes so here is the development of these baktery and leads to degeneration of the normal tissue in which fibrous in its structure is loose like a sponge, unfortunately, our prostate adheres to the rectum that makes it easy to chlamydia are likely through micro-fistulas fibrous tissue in the prostate gets the intestinal flora as during the release of prostatic juice creates a pressure difference and this flora is drawn as a pump, followed by the reaction of the immune system, where as here on the website quoted a Dutch doctor about an autoimmune reaction to his own sperm.
Sorry for the confusion and ochepyatki as writing and transliteration of the last fifteen years the Russian did not write.
Sergey

i copied this over from the blog pretty interesting explanation for immune reaction, may be this might explain why limejuice reacted to something in semen but not semen it self.

This reads very "quacky" to me. I've read things like this from Chinese herbalists who make claims to having cures.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 07:43:05 by Animus »

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: 07/07/2011 06:44:22 »
If you'd like to purchase the tablet version of Xanthinol Nicotinate, you can do so at www.antiaging-systems.com

I have purchased lots and lots of nooptropics from that website in search of a cure for my brainfog.  It is a UK-based company, it ships its products world-wide, and I've come to trust the site a great deal. 

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: 07/07/2011 07:04:20 »
If you'd like to purchase the tablet version of Xanthinol Nicotinate, you can do so at www.antiaging-systems.com [nofollow]

I have purchased lots and lots of nooptropics from that website in search of a cure for my brainfog.  It is a UK-based company, it ships its products world-wide, and I've come to trust the site a great deal. 

Cool, I was searching around for a reliable tablet version.  Everything seemed so shady ><.  I think I will give this a try though. Take a pill hour before ejaculation and see how it rolls out.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: 07/07/2011 07:28:29 »
[Dimitri is] banned for promoting injectable medicine irresponsibly. Offering injectable medicine through the mail without diagnosis or medically-qualified, in-person treatment is irresponsible quack behavior.

A few things. Dimitry reminds me of Dr. Lin, at the Dr. Lin Institute, if ya'll remember him?  He is a complete phony and pushes a product called Moodmax.  He's been discredited on many sites, including ours.  If you wrote to him and asked the question on why you got tired and can't think clearly after an orgasm he would respond with something like this:

Sexual stimulation, arousal or orgasm ignites the dopamine-norepinephrine conversion in the hypothalamus and adrenal medulla, and, then, activates the norepinephrine (NE) neurons of the locus coeruleus (LC); the neural signals are relayed to the preoptic area of the hypothalamus via the ventral norepinephrine noradrenergic bundle, where noepinephrine is released; then, norepinephrine stimulates the synthesis of prostaglandin E2 in local neurons and/or astrocytes, by activating  a group of proinflammatory cytokines such as IL-1, IL-1, IL-6, TNF-, IFN-, and MIP-1in the the immune system. These cytokines, acting as the endogenous pyrogen of desire fires. Prostaglandin E2 sensitizes the sympathetic nerves in the adrenal glands, prostate, seminal vesicles, testicles and penis for norepinephrine release in the nervous endings in preparing for sexual activity........

He uses people's desperate desire for a cure as a way to steal their money.  He either uses big words words to confuse you or spells out a whole bunch of things his medication cures, which likely will include a symptom of yours.  

In the case of Dimitry, if he has studied POIS since the age of 14 and found a cure, surely he would be happy to divulge WHY POIS occurs???  Not discussing the WHY is the reason I'm very skeptical of him.  There's no way he randomly took a 2mL shot of Xanthinol Nicotinate to his butt and figured out that it worked.  With no detailed explanation, you must be suspicious of him.

Then, he has no website or anything of value to produce.  A picture of himself with a cat is not very convincing.  And his responses are cryptic, providing only little bits of information at a time.  And why does his medication cure 60-something percent of the people?  B/C that means there is a good chance it will work on you.  Also it means that if a few people buy his product and it doesn't work on them, there's still statistically a reasonably small chance it will work on you.  

If you have spare money to send to some guy in Russia because you want to chase down the remote chance he's legitimate, I ask that you please consider instead sending money to NORD, to donate to a great cause, to benefit all of us here who are working so hard together to find a cure.  Together we easily have the resources to beat this thing, we just have to allocate our resources to the right places!  

Dimitry, if you'd like to prove your legitimacy to us all, can you tell us how you found your 50 test subjects for your tests?  Also, can you please have each of your thirty-something CURED test subjects please write to us and post of their individual experiences.  We'd like to PM and ask questions of them each individually.  

Hey guys, one last thing.  We're all in this together.  If a few of us want to try some Xanthinol Nicotinate in a safe way, then that's only positive for the rest of the group to know for sure how it turns out!  Just please don't get frustrated with Demo or anyone else for trying to help.  We've got to work together.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: 07/07/2011 07:34:16 »
I had a small POIS bout this morning, and I did not masturbate last night, NOR do I think I had a NE.  All I can think of is that I did have my hot laptop, sitting in my lap lap for a long period of time while I read NSF posts and typed out emails.  Any chance the laptop heat to my 'junk' could have brought on POIS symptoms??? 

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: 07/07/2011 07:45:42 »

He's banned for promoting injectable medicine irresponsibly. Offering injectable medicine through the mail without diagnosis or medically-qualified, in-person treatment is irresponsible quack behavior.

Thanks for your good work, demo.

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: 07/07/2011 09:25:24 »
Guys, did I miss a post from Dmitry trying to sell us something? Last I read, Dmitry was simply advising what had worked for him, and it is a substance that can be purchased from numerous sources. I'm wondering why he seems shady given that I had not seen him try to profit from this advice.

The Blog that I referred to earlier seems legitimate in that it is like a russian version of this forum. Bunch of guys sharing information and theories, there is in fact a bloke who was thinking of setting up a website to provide information on POIS (sound familiar). A lot of them seem to have tried the injection.

Reading through the comments, it does seem that the injection had worked for some, but far from a cure. I would like to see more discussion on this, does it really work? If so then why does it work?

B_Daniel - Love your work in promoting the NORD Donations. Please put me down for $100.00 which I will put into the fund in a month or two. (just trying to work some things out now).

How do we promote POIS a little more? get the word out there - the more awareness more donations - I had a thought the other day. Does anyone have any ties to the Gay Community? I was thinking that there must be some level of awareness in this community about POIS or at least symptoms of. The Gay Colleagues I have worked with in the past (lost touch with them now) used to have WAAAY more Sex than I did. If there is this awareness and we can get the word out - we could promote awareness = sympathy for our cause = NORD donations.

EDIT: Main Reason is I think there is a strong focus on Mens Health in the Gay Community. That is my feeling, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 14:33:01 by jivetalk »

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13890 on: 07/07/2011 09:43:24 »
Yeh, I'm not sure where you guys got the feeling the Dmitry was trying to make a profit here.  Might have been some misunderstanding with the translations and all.  I certainly don't see how he can benefit from this since he said you can buy these products anywhere.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: 07/07/2011 14:12:51 »
B_Daniel - Love your work in promoting the NORD Donations. Please put me down for $100.00 which I will put into the fund in a month or two. (just trying to work some things out now).

In the voice of Frank Costanza: That's what I'm talking about!!!

jivetalk - I've added you to the pledged donation table on the POIScenter forum, under the 'Tally of Nord Donations' thread!

As a group we have over $6,700 pledged to NORD on top of our $2,385 of actual donations.  This thing is real guys - with everyone's continued support and pledges and donations, we're going to get some REAL RESEARCH and some REAL PUBLICITY (within the medical community) about POIS!
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 14:18:04 by B_Daniel »

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: 07/07/2011 15:59:58 »
Does anyone know if the anti-depressant Prozac has any side effects in long term? Has anyone tried it?

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: 07/07/2011 17:10:24 »
If you'd like to purchase the tablet version of Xanthinol Nicotinate, you can do so at www.antiaging-systems.com

If we wanted to test this stuff, it would be much better to start with oral first. Dmitri says that oral doesn't work, but it's rather opportune that he happens to have injectable which is not widely available.

I had a friend who took just plain niacin (for the buzz I think). I=One day they found him on the sidewalk..... fortunately he didn't die, but had had a very drastic and dangerous fall of blood pressure and had to go to the hospital. He was a regular guy, not fit but not out of shape, in his young 30s.

So if we take the oral first, we can see how we react. And although we MAY not get 100% relief, at least we've got a base to test with.

This also being that it is not a prescription drug, in which case we should at least try initially to obtain it in a safe way.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: 07/07/2011 17:14:58 »

Cool, I was searching around for a reliable tablet version.  Everything seemed so shady ><.  I think I will give this a try though. Take a pill hour before ejaculation and see how it rolls out.

Maybe take one or two the week before just to see how you react to them, maybe once without any exercise and another one before light exercise.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: 07/07/2011 17:25:41 »
i dont mind trying it if am not getting from a random guy on the internet from russia. It is not siting well with me that he also needs our phone number, by the time we send him message, he has our phone number, mailing address and email, what can of information can be swiped using those information,
i also want to say the picture of his lab looks like it was put together in  5 minutes

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: 07/07/2011 17:39:41 »

He's banned for promoting injectable medicine irresponsibly. Offering injectable medicine through the mail without diagnosis or medically-qualified, in-person treatment is irresponsible quack behavior.

Thanks for your good work, demo.

Animus, you're VERY welcome...and I thank YOU for all your wonderful, incredible support of this forum and working hard for the relief of worldwide POIS suffering!

« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 17:54:44 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: 07/07/2011 17:47:25 »

Yeh, I'm not sure where you guys got the feeling the Dmitry was trying to make a profit here.  Might have been some misunderstanding with the translations and all.  I certainly don't see how he can benefit from this since he said you can buy these products anywhere.

mod edit - bold emphasis mine

I have spent the lest 3 hours ringing pharmacies in Australia and Health Food Stores/Supplment Vitamin stores.
It seems no-one in Australia seems to have Xanthinol Nicotinate in injectible (or even tablet) form - or at least that I have been able to find.

If anyone finds an online store that sells this stuff and ships to Australia, please let me know.

There is no drugstore which sell Xanthiol Nicotinate in France either  :(

I am certain that an "expert" like Dmitry is VERY well aware of the unavailability of injectable XN. Hmmm, I wonder where we could all go to find it? ;D
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 17:50:51 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: 07/07/2011 18:05:30 »

Dimitri is banned for promoting injectable medicine irresponsibly. Offering injectable medicine through the mail without diagnosis or medically-qualified, in-person treatment is irresponsible quack behavior.

A few things. Dimitry reminds me of Dr. Lin, at the Dr. Lin Institute, if ya'll remember him?  He is a complete phony and pushes a product called Moodmax.  He's been discredited on many sites, including ours.  If you wrote to him and asked the question on why you got tired and can't think clearly after an orgasm he would respond with something like this:

Sexual stimulation, arousal or orgasm ignites the dopamine-norepinephrine conversion in the hypothalamus and adrenal medulla, and, then, activates the norepinephrine (NE) neurons of the locus coeruleus (LC); the neural signals are relayed to the preoptic area of the hypothalamus via the ventral norepinephrine noradrenergic bundle, where noepinephrine is released; then, norepinephrine stimulates the synthesis of prostaglandin E2 in local neurons and/or astrocytes, by activating  a group of proinflammatory cytokines such as IL-1, IL-1, IL-6, TNF-, IFN-, and MIP-1in the the immune system. These cytokines, acting as the endogenous pyrogen of desire fires. Prostaglandin E2 sensitizes the sympathetic nerves in the adrenal glands, prostate, seminal vesicles, testicles and penis for norepinephrine release in the nervous endings in preparing for sexual activity........

He uses people's desperate desire for a cure as a way to steal their money.  He either uses big words words to confuse you or spells out a whole bunch of things his medication cures, which likely will include a symptom of yours. 

In the case of Dimitry, if he has studied POIS since the age of 14 and found a cure, surely he would be happy to divulge WHY POIS occurs???  Not discussing the WHY is the reason I'm very skeptical of him.  There's no way he randomly took a 2mL shot of Xanthinol Nicotinate to his butt and figured out that it worked.  With no detailed explanation, you must be suspicious of him.

Then, he has no website or anything of value to produce.  A picture of himself with a cat is not very convincing.  And his responses are cryptic, providing only little bits of information at a time.  And why does his medication cure 60-something percent of the people?  B/C that means there is a good chance it will work on you.  Also it means that if a few people buy his product and it doesn't work on them, there's still statistically a reasonably small chance it will work on you. 

If you have spare money to send to some guy in Russia because you want to chase down the remote chance he's legitimate, I ask that you please consider instead sending money to NORD, to donate to a great cause, to benefit all of us here who are working so hard together to find a cure.  Together we easily have the resources to beat this thing, we just have to allocate our resources to the right places! 

Dimitry, if you'd like to prove your legitimacy to us all, can you tell us how you found your 50 test subjects for your tests?  Also, can you please have each of your thirty-something CURED test subjects please write to us and post of their individual experiences.  We'd like to PM and ask questions of them each individually. 

Hey guys, one last thing.  We're all in this together.  If a few of us want to try some Xanthinol Nicotinate in a safe way, then that's only positive for the rest of the group to know for sure how it turns out!  Just please don't get frustrated with Demo or anyone else for trying to help.  We've got to work together.

B_Daniel, I don't know how to thank you for your incredible support here! And it's not because you agree with me about Dmitry, it's for EVERYTHING you have done here.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: 07/07/2011 18:23:21 »

Guys, did I miss a post from Dmitry trying to sell us something? Last I read, Dmitry was simply advising what had worked for him, and it is a substance that can be purchased from numerous sources. I'm wondering why he seems shady given that I had not seen him try to profit from this advice.

You may have missed the posts and the PM's that I deleted. He was getting VERY aggressive about posting his email (spamming) and getting injectable XN samples into all your hands, after collecting some information from you. At least 4 people here were "ready to go", and I just hope to hell that they haven't done so!

You asked: Universally available injectable XN? Profit motive? Please see my reply above to silverandcol.

I was NOT about to wait for him to kill someone here with his destructive quackery!

« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 18:27:56 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13899 on: 07/07/2011 18:23:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length