The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6449496 times)

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13900 on: 07/07/2011 18:43:42 »

Guys, did I miss a post from Dmitry trying to sell us something? Last I read, Dmitry was simply advising what had worked for him, and it is a substance that can be purchased from numerous sources. I'm wondering why he seems shady given that I had not seen him try to profit from this advice.

You may have missed the posts and the PM's that I deleted. He was getting VERY aggressive about posting his email (spamming) and getting injectable XN samples into all your hands, after collecting some information from you. At least 4 people here were "ready to go", and I just hope to hell that they haven't done so!

You asked: Universally available injectable XN? Profit motive? Please see my reply above to silverandcol.

I was NOT about to wait for him to kill someone here with his destructive quackery!

Ah that seems alot more suspicious now.  I'm guessing he wanted to eventually be a supplier of these injections for us.  It is also weird that he thinks we are fine injecting ourselves when you need at least the training of a nurse to give shots I think.  No normal person can just find the vein in our butt muscle lo.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: 07/07/2011 19:07:55 »
Hi Guys,

I'm one of the guys at the Russian forum. I really pity about recent events on this forum and I would want to remove any confusion I would be able to.
1. Dmitriy had contacted me personally and I was told him that XN helps me. I had a post about XN here, but I didn't tried to promote it neither I do want to promote it now. It is injectable medicine, so please be careful. I don't know the motives of Dmitriy, but I don't believe that his target was to make money on it. The XN is very common and cheap drug in Russia and Ukraine where I live.
2. As far as I know XN helps me, Dmitriy and one another person, don't rmbr his name.
3. XN doesn't cure the disease it only cures the symptoms, and if make a grade of how well it cures the symptoms for me, I would grade it as 95% and I have to make the injection at the day I want to have O, before O.
4. I know nothing about XN in pills and what should be the doze to have the same effect.
5. I don't know why it helps me and how it helps, it was my doctor who tried to help me with POIS and who wanted to check if Niacin helps, but because of my problems with stomach reverted to XN as less damaging drug for the stomach.
6. There is no any tests that was taken by the people who find it helpful and that approve that the XN really helps.

So, again, XN is an injectable drug, so be careful, the number of people having POIS who tried it and who find this drug helpful is very limited.

Victor
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 19:23:57 by victor.kons »

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: 07/07/2011 19:12:36 »
Dimtri's was definitely one of the strangest posts ever on here.
56 POIS sufferers tested?!
If he just said he tested six, I would have believed him.. but 56???.. come on..

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: 07/07/2011 19:19:16 »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: 07/07/2011 19:19:50 »
Dimtri's was definitely one of the strangest posts ever on here.
56 POIS sufferers tested?!
If he just said he tested six, I would have believed him.. but 56???.. come on..

horizon, I didn't saw dmitri's post, I know only one thing it is me who started talking about XN, and I know only 3 people including me who find it helpful and this is only by our own words, it is not approved by any tests.

Victor

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13905 on: 07/07/2011 19:21:41 »
Victor

wheres the actual forum? it would appear the link is for a blog, not a forum
Thanks

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsyndrom-x.blogspot.com%2F&act=url

Its not a forum, its a blog, but blog was written by several peoples, it has multiple authors, it has very little activity right now though.

Victor

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: 07/07/2011 19:23:45 »
Here is the post
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg360963#msg360963

So you would agree that this Dmitry finding 56 POIS sufferers through that blog sounds like total nonsense?
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 19:26:37 by horizon »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: 07/07/2011 19:29:40 »
Here is the post
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg360963#msg360963

So you would agree that this Dimitri finding 56 POIS sufferers through that blog sounds like total nonsense?

Ha-ha, thats funny, this is complete lie. I have a message history in my ICQ where Dmitriy is very glad that XN helped him and he says that he tried to find such a cure for 14 years. But for sure no research was undertaken in Russia and there are no 56 these sufferes. Its a complete lie. So I start to think that he lied for a reason to have some benefit for himself.

Victor

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: 07/07/2011 19:35:59 »
Note that victor.kons also posted about Xantinol Nicotinate this past October (you can search the forum to find past references to Xantinol Nicotinate).  I'm guessing he's part of the same research-study? :

Hello, Everyone!

I'm 30 years old man. I have the POIS syndrome from the start of my sexual life. Our group of several Russian guys have started our blog to find the people with similar problems and try to find the remedy at least from symptoms together. Our blog is located here: http://syndrom-x.blogspot.com. Though we didn't posses as much of the information as this forum contains. This is absolutely great and encouraging to know the problem was at least acknowledged by some researchers and some people are working at it.

I only can add to the information you already have here only one my personal observation.
I have find out that injecting Xantinol Nicotinate before sex, just right before, or a couple of hours before sex, prevents appearance of any POIS symptoms cluster for me, this time. So, I use injections of 0.5 ml of Xantinol Nicotinate every time, Using dozes equal or less than 0.3 ml doesn't prevent POIS symptoms. I have tried to do injections after sex, but they don't help as much as before it. This is only symptomatic cure of course and I'm to be fair surprised why it works, but it works for me, I don't know whether it works for anyone else. But I hope that this information could be helpful to anyone.

Thank you, for this great forum!
Victor

I am not part of the research study, the research study is complete bullshit, no such research study existed. And yes, it was my first post on this forum.

Victor

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: 07/07/2011 19:38:29 »
So then, can you confirm that you, Victor, are not interested at all in selling or sending this drug to anyone who asks for it? You would totally refuse to, right?
thanks in advance

I'm interested only in software development that is my profession, not selling the drugs.

Victor

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: 07/07/2011 19:39:19 »
So then, can you confirm that you, Victor, are not interested at all in selling or sending this drug to anyone who asks for it? You would totally refuse to, right?
thanks in advance

I'm interested only in software development that is my profession, not selling the drugs.

Victor

good good

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: 07/07/2011 19:45:08 »

B_Daniel - Love your work in promoting the NORD Donations. Please put me down for $100.00 which I will put into the fund in a month or two. (just trying to work some things out now).

In the voice of Frank Costanza: That's what I'm talking about!!!

jivetalk - I've added you to the pledged donation table on the POIScenter forum, under the 'Tally of Nord Donations' thread!

As a group we have over $6,700 pledged to NORD on top of our $2,385 of actual donations. This thing is real guys - with everyone's continued support and pledges and donations, we're going to get some REAL RESEARCH and some REAL PUBLICITY (within the medical community) about POIS!

Wow!!!
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 19:51:09 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: 07/07/2011 19:48:38 »

VICTOR, thank you very much for your objective reporting about XN!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: 07/07/2011 19:53:36 »

Horizon, thank you for asking the tough questions!!

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: 07/07/2011 19:57:20 »

It is not siting well with me that he also needs our phone number, by the time we send him message, he has our phone number, mailing address and email, what can of information can be swiped using those information,

A lot of information can be accessed that way. It is the first step in identity theft. This info is used to verify identity at many banks, insurance companies, credit cards, etc.  

Beware of this Russian Scam!!! He probably knows a lot of other people who collaborate in this type of scam. It could be really damaging to your credit.

If you have already passed on this info- monitor your credit in the upcoming months.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 20:31:15 by Animus »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: 07/07/2011 20:27:15 »
First of all, I want to underline that I never said I wanted him to supply me with XN.
I am not completely crazy. If I want to get it, I have some family in a foreign country where it is sold in a drugstore. (so much more trustful!)

I called a friend doctor yesterday, who told me "XN is a double vasodilator, which can create some hypotension. Do not use it if you had a heart operation or if you have some heart disorders."
He told me how to make a bottok injection without hurting any main nerve, please dont inject anything without having qualified advice.

Before trying it, we should obviously talk about it with a qualified doctor and get the XN in a safe drugstore place.

Dmitry never asked me to pay anything anyways, gave his phone number. But I never gave him my personal address, and he will never be my supplier. I think if he wanted a benefit from it, he wouldn't have mentioned the name of the medicine.

When I saw his first post, I was really skeptical and believed it was fake... after I got interest on the product. But to read the 56 fakes patients study with 68% of success make me go back to my first impression...

Victor, could it be possible to have more persons from your blog posting on the forum to state and give their results? thank you  :)

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: 07/07/2011 20:36:09 »

WARNING!! SCAM ALERT!!

*beep beep beep*
Proceed with extreme caution!  I would not invite more of them into the forum. These are elaborate scams in which they try to build trust over time, and then use your data. It is done in many ways.

note: there is enough contradicting evidence here to completely reject Dmitri, his friends, and his possible "cure".
I for one, completely do not trust anything he says, or anyone associated with him.
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 21:02:09 by Animus »

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: 07/07/2011 20:39:23 »
Does anyone know if the anti-depressant Prozac has any side effects in long term? Has anyone tried it?

I've written it earlier and added more info on POIS forum - I highly recommend not to take any psychotropic medication unless you are officially diagnosed as having endogenous depression or something similarily severe. I've been taking various Prozac-like antidepressants (SSRI/SNRI) for more than 3,5 years and things have slowly gotten worse, especially the cognitive problems. It has been over 8 months since the last dose and I am still suffering from hellish protracted withdrawal.

No memory (I mean NO memory), indifference & apathy, emotional numbness (inability to feel positive/negative emotions), problems with organizing and planning, impaired abstract thinking - I was only able to think in real time, straightforwardly, you are dulled, with bouts of spontaneous euphoria, everything seems to be useless and uninteresting, you just don't worry about anything, not to mention your deteriorated state of mind etc.

I believe neurochemical imbalances are involved in POIS and taking drugs causing more chemical imbalances is not a good way to follow.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: 07/07/2011 20:48:18 »
I took Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 year and it didn't cure my POIS but in the non POIS period, I was really efficient/positive/euphoric for everything and I succeed many things (and of course I was abstinent!)
I will say it helped me to stand up from the hell for a time and the damages with POIS, but as soon as I stopped it, I didn't abstrain anymore and collapsed in depression...
Now, I take Effexor but I have NO result. I guess I will retry Prozac which helped me.
You need to talk about it with a professional! We are all different towards AD... :-\

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: 07/07/2011 20:52:45 »

Here is the post

So you would agree that this Dmitry finding 56 POIS sufferers through that blog sounds like total nonsense?

Thank you, horizon, I deleted the post.

I'm also considering banning his cat now. ;D

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #13920 on: 07/07/2011 20:59:30 »
There is a phenomenon called poop-out, which has a lot to do with built-in tolerance. I think I had been doing quite well until I reached this phase, which was a few months after lowering my Venlafaxine dose from 300mg/day to 150mg. Then my psychiatrist started to change antidepressants (Sertraline/Bupropion/Moclobemidum - nothing really brightens up my condition) and I was having persistent constipation and noticing everything goes much worse, especially my memory/enthusiasm.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13921 on: 07/07/2011 21:04:39 »

Oh, NOOO :o , don't delete his cat !!! It might be the Cold War II  ;D

"ps - Victor and all, please do not misconstrue what we post here as anything against Russians. By and large, they are a wonderful people! There is good and bad everywhere!
http://rt.com/news/identity-theft-internet-russia/"

ouuf, we avoided it ! Minus one  :P

« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 21:08:12 by Habibou »

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: 07/07/2011 21:07:26 »
Greetings to Everyone!

I want to seriously COMMEND demografx for his refusal to allow posts containing potentially dangerous recommendations to remain on this forum.

Banning someone from a site takes courage and fortitude -- two attributes that your moderator on NSF obviously has in abundance! He's really an amazing person -- no question!

Open discussions about a drug or supplement that could potentially help the symptoms of this wretched condition are wise and may even be very helpful! There will likely be more discussions about the pros and cons of xanthinol nicotinate as a possible symptom-reliever for POIS.

Discussion is HEALTHY. But offers to send this chemical (or any drug, OTC or otherwise) through the mail -- especially from a complete stranger whose medical/scientific qualifications aren't documented -- are alarming and must ALWAYS be viewed as a red flag. Always.

Demo -- you really came through for your forum members. :)

(No, guys -- he did not pay me to write this and is probably utterly embarrassed by this post!)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: 07/07/2011 21:14:29 »

Oh, NOOO :o , don't delete his cat !!! It might be the Cold War II  ;D

OK, then, maybe I will just shave all the cat's hair off and make a nice fur hat. We will need it if it's cold and we must visit him (the cat's owner/master) in prison in Siberia!!!!! ;D

« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 21:32:40 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: 07/07/2011 21:16:47 »

Greetings to Everyone!

I want to seriously COMMEND demografx for his refusal to allow posts containing potentially dangerous recommendations to remain on this forum.

Banning someone from a site takes courage and fortitude -- two attributes that your moderator on NSF obviously has in abundance! He's really an amazing person -- no question!

Open discussions about a drug or supplement that could potentially help the symptoms of this wretched condition are wise and may even be very helpful! There will likely be more discussions about the pros and cons of xanthinol nicotinate as a possible symptom-reliever for POIS.

Discussion is HEALTHY. But offers to send this chemical (or any drug, OTC or otherwise) through the mail -- especially from a complete stranger whose medical/scientific qualifications aren't documented -- are alarming and must ALWAYS be viewed as a red flag. Always.

Demo -- you really came through for your forum members. :)

(No, guys -- he did not pay me to write this and is probably utterly embarrassed by this post!)

Wow, Stefanie, I am so touched! Thank you! This has been very difficult for me and everyone!

ps - your check is in the mail ;D
« Last Edit: 07/07/2011 21:30:53 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13924 on: 07/07/2011 21:16:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length