The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6452529 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13925 on: 07/07/2011 21:40:07 »

Did you test all 56 POIS sufferers on one day?

I thought it was done in one hour... ;D

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: 07/07/2011 23:46:15 »
Nice work Demo and everyone offering support and encouragement concerning the posts from "Demitri"! Thank you to Victor who sounds legit to me.

Today I saw a neurologist as part of my double vision workup. I had mentioned my post sexual problems to him in the past and I brought up the subject again. I told him about Waldinger's work and about the forums. I also told him that I found relief from consuming anti-inflammatory foods. I did not mention that I am taking fenugreek as I do not know if it is really helping me. His thoughts on POIS was that it sounds like a form of migraine. I explained the various forms of symptoms that we suffer from and he was not surprised. He told me to google "migraine generator" which is an area of the brainstem that is now thought to be responsible for migraines.  From this site http://www.emedmag.com/html/pre/cov/covers/081503.asp

BIOLOGICAL MECHANISMS IN MIGRAINE

The migraine process begins in the nervous system. Thus, migraine is a neurologic condition rather than a vascular or muscular disorder, as has been proposed in the past. Migraine presumably begins when a biologically sensitive nervous system is confronted with an environment that can provoke migraine. In this environment, the neurochemical balance of the nervous system changes and symptoms recognized as premonitory or prodromal may occur. This change can progress until the migraine threshold is crossed and an area in the brainstem called the migraine generator is activated. This may initiate a wave of neuronal depression to move across the cortex and activate trigeminal afferents and the vascular structures they innervate.

My neurologist also suggested that it would be interesting to see how my brain reacts under functional MRI. He gave an impression that it might somehow even be possible to have it done, as he mentioned that an esteemed fMRI researcher would be doing some work locally. Believe me, if that happens I will keep you all posted!

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: 08/07/2011 02:42:23 »
From how I see it XN might have some chance of success.  Maybe dmitry saw this and went on ahead to make a buisnesss for himself by exaggerating the story a bit and trying to sell his injections

Regardless of what happened, we shouldn't dismiss XN and niacin as potential cures for POIS SYMPTOMS.  It definitely won't heal POIS, but from reading about what niacin does, it can very well a great symptom reliever for when you do have to ejaculate.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: 08/07/2011 03:14:35 »
From how I see it XN might have some chance of success.  Maybe dmitry saw this and went on ahead to make a buisnesss for himself by exaggerating the story a bit and trying to sell his injections

Regardless of what happened, we shouldn't dismiss XN and niacin as potential cures for POIS SYMPTOMS.  It definitely won't heal POIS, but from reading about what niacin does, it can very well a great symptom reliever for when you do have to ejaculate.

By all means. We'll be having discussions here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.msg1762#new

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: 08/07/2011 03:47:17 »
I took Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 1.5 year and it didn't cure my POIS but ....
I will say it helped me to stand up from the hell for a time and the damages with POIS, but as soon as I stopped it, I didn't abstrain anymore and collapsed in depression...

Habibou - I took Prozac for a short period of time.  Just like JRD said, it kinda makes everything go "eh".  And it did not help my POIS at all.  If abstaining from sexual activity is your main issue, I recommend Saw Palmetto tablets.  Those substantially help me reduce my urge to release.  There are probably other herbs/supplements/medications that people can recommend that do the same if Saw Palmetto doesn't work for you.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: 08/07/2011 03:49:48 »

My neurologist also suggested that it would be interesting to see how my brain reacts under functional MRI. He gave an impression that it might somehow even be possible to have it done, as he mentioned that an esteemed fMRI researcher would be doing some work locally. Believe me, if that happens I will keep you all posted!

John, I think fMRI on POIS is a most exciting prospect for us!

I have been hoping to see this done for several years.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: 08/07/2011 03:52:13 »

silverandcol, I agree with this 100%!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: 08/07/2011 04:04:56 »
My buddy tried a 5 Hour Energy once and had this allergic reaction where his face immediately flushed red and he got real hot for over 30 mins... basically he was allergic to the Niacin in it.  If you haven't had a 5-hour in the past, perhaps before taking an XN pill drink of one and make sure you're not allergic to it.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: 08/07/2011 04:23:54 »

I called a friend doctor yesterday, who told me "XN is a double vasodilator, which can create some hypotension. Do not use it if you had a heart operation or if you have some heart disorders."

My pharmacology-attorney friend said the same, as I posted.

As some of you know, in 2010, I had emergency quintuple coronary bypass surgery AND I'm on BP and several other heart meds.

Didn't stop Dmitry from PM'ing ME, and saying, "C'mon, I'll send you some, inject it!"

Pathetic, dangerous idiot.

« Last Edit: 08/07/2011 04:28:19 by demografx »

Offline RhythmSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: 08/07/2011 04:50:30 »
An article entitled "Your Brain on Sex." Very understandable and thorough description of the neurochemistry of orgasm and mood. A Must Read!

http://www.reuniting.info/science/sex_in_the_brain

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13935 on: 08/07/2011 04:56:42 »
Hi Guys,

I'm one of the guys at the Russian forum. I really pity about recent events on this forum and I would want to remove any confusion I would be able to.
1. Dmitriy had contacted me personally and I was told him that XN helps me. I had a post about XN here, but I didn't tried to promote it neither I do want to promote it now. It is injectable medicine, so please be careful. I don't know the motives of Dmitriy, but I don't believe that his target was to make money on it. The XN is very common and cheap drug in Russia and Ukraine where I live.
2. As far as I know XN helps me, Dmitriy and one another person, don't rmbr his name.
3. XN doesn't cure the disease it only cures the symptoms, and if make a grade of how well it cures the symptoms for me, I would grade it as 95% and I have to make the injection at the day I want to have O, before O.
4. I know nothing about XN in pills and what should be the doze to have the same effect.
5. I don't know why it helps me and how it helps, it was my doctor who tried to help me with POIS and who wanted to check if Niacin helps, but because of my problems with stomach reverted to XN as less damaging drug for the stomach.
6. There is no any tests that was taken by the people who find it helpful and that approve that the XN really helps.

So, again, XN is an injectable drug, so be careful, the number of people having POIS who tried it and who find this drug helpful is very limited.

Victor

Victor - I started to write out a message last night that said "Where is Victor.Kons!?! :)"  But I fell asleep before sending.  I have been reading your http://syndrom-x.blogspot.com/ and have found it VERY interesting.  For one, we never really contemplated that POIS could come from a blood clot in the brain.  I don't know much/anything about that, but it's a theory I don't think we've ever even considered.  How did you arrive at this hypothesis?  Do you still believe it?

Also, you say only you and 2 others (including Dimitry) have found success with "XN"?  How many have tried that you believe have POIS?  How many people with POIS do you know through your blog?

Lastly, I just wanted to say that we're thrilled to have you here and actively posting, Victor!  We know you're a good guy and we would like to learn as much from you as possible.  Please share your experiences without any reservations or fear of our reactions.  There's never been an honest person on POIS that we haven't liked! :)  We're a scientific community and we're all friends and we really are very open with each other!  Thanks again for contributing!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: 08/07/2011 05:18:01 »

John, I think fMRI on POIS is a most exciting prospect for us!

I have been hoping to see this done for several years.

I second Demo's enthusiasm.  That would be amazing if you could get that done!  John, would the fMRI tell resolutely whether you suffer from a migraine or not?  I did a quick forum search of "migraine" and it seems as if GoingCrazy, defsync, vandemolen3 and others have thought about this connection before.  Maybe there's something to it.   

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: 08/07/2011 05:49:38 »
Hi Guys,

I'm one of the guys at the Russian forum. I really pity about recent events on this forum and I would want to remove any confusion I would be able to.
1. Dmitriy had contacted me personally and I was told him that XN helps me. I had a post about XN here, but I didn't tried to promote it neither I do want to promote it now. It is injectable medicine, so please be careful. I don't know the motives of Dmitriy, but I don't believe that his target was to make money on it. The XN is very common and cheap drug in Russia and Ukraine where I live.
2. As far as I know XN helps me, Dmitriy and one another person, don't rmbr his name.
3. XN doesn't cure the disease it only cures the symptoms, and if make a grade of how well it cures the symptoms for me, I would grade it as 95% and I have to make the injection at the day I want to have O, before O.
4. I know nothing about XN in pills and what should be the doze to have the same effect.
5. I don't know why it helps me and how it helps, it was my doctor who tried to help me with POIS and who wanted to check if Niacin helps, but because of my problems with stomach reverted to XN as less damaging drug for the stomach.
6. There is no any tests that was taken by the people who find it helpful and that approve that the XN really helps.

So, again, XN is an injectable drug, so be careful, the number of people having POIS who tried it and who find this drug helpful is very limited.

Victor

Victor - I started to write out a message last night that said "Where is Victor.Kons!?! :)"  But I fell asleep before sending.  I have been reading your http://syndrom-x.blogspot.com/ and have found it VERY interesting.  For one, we never really contemplated that POIS could come from a blood clot in the brain.  I don't know much/anything about that, but it's a theory I don't think we've ever even considered.  How did you arrive at this hypothesis?  Do you still believe it?

Hi Daniel,

This image with blood clot is only a nice imagine, nothing else. The post near the image talks about the observation that POIS symptoms comes with edema of face and when symptoms leave edema also leaves.

As about theories - yeah, there are plenty theories "explaining" the POIS. I personally find many such theories shitty and do not really believe in any at the moment.

Also, you say only you and 2 others (including Dimitry) have found success with "XN"?  How many have tried that you believe have POIS?  How many people with POIS do you know through your blog?
I don't know how many people tried XN and didn't succeed, I think there is only 3 people that succeeded, but you know I should fire the post to our russian forum and ask.I know I think up to 10 people from the forum, but we are not contacting regulary, I'm currently the admin of the forum and I have the emails of the people, but I wouldn't disturb the people without a good reason, better to leave the post in the forum.
Funny enough, I just checked the stats of questionary on the forum and it is 56! people who think they have POIS, so now we know where Dmitri've stolen this number from.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that we're thrilled to have you here and actively posting, Victor!  We know you're a good guy and we would like to learn as much from you as possible.  Please share your experiences without any reservations or fear of our reactions.  There's never been an honest person on POIS that we haven't liked! :)  We're a scientific community and we're all friends and we really are very open with each other!  Thanks again for contributing!
I will share anything you want, I just one of you and I'm interesting to get rid of the disease not just the symptoms.

Victor
« Last Edit: 08/07/2011 06:15:11 by victor.kons »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: 08/07/2011 07:20:10 »

I called a friend doctor yesterday, who told me "XN is a double vasodilator, which can create some hypotension. Do not use it if you had a heart operation or if you have some heart disorders."

As some of you know, in 2010, I had emergency quintuple coronary bypass surgery AND I'm on BP and several other heart meds.

Didn't stop Dmitry from PM'ing ME, and saying, "C'mon, I'll send you some, inject it!"

I'm so glad you banned him immediately from the forum. He's a dangerous idiot indeed.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: 08/07/2011 12:42:17 »
"Functional magnetic resonance imaging or functional MRI (fMRI) is a type of specialized MRI scan used to measure the hemodynamic response (change in blood flow) related to neural activity in the brain or spinal cord of humans or other animals. It is one of the most recently developed forms of neuroimaging. Since the early 1990s, fMRI has come to dominate the brain mapping field due to its relatively low invasiveness, absence of radiation exposure, and relatively wide availability."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_magnetic_resonance_imaging

I got a brain MRI which was all normal... what the fMRI could show more?
The blood flow through the brain? Will you try it in or out of POIS?
 It could be a way to check the XN hypothesis with cerebral vessels constriction perhaps...

Thank you  :)

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: 08/07/2011 12:46:24 »

I'm so glad you banned him immediately from the forum. He's a dangerous idiot indeed.

Ditto!

Writing experiences of medicines you are taking, prescribed or otherwise is one thing, other suferrers can learn, but with a view to dispence it to other vunerable people is another, especially with such complacency.

I've been VERY sick for the past few months, so haven't been posting much, but have been keeping on top of happenings on the forum.

My health is not being managed by my GP and subsequentely I am sufferring badly, once I manage to find a human out of doctors I normally visit, POIS is pretty much over for me, I've almost cured it, I'll do a write up on the other forum just incase it's against the rules on a site like this.

Take care all.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: 08/07/2011 12:57:01 »
From Green
" I am not very sure what the waiting list would be to see Dr. Waldinger, I know he must be an immensely busy man. Demo could you find out for me, if that's OK? "

I'm emailing him right now to ask -  demo

Thanks so much!
Any time, Green!

edit - I just sent him a 2nd request

And I sent a 3rd request.

No reply.

To the Forum: I think you should all be aware of this nonresponse from Dr Waldinger. Busy? Who knows.

I will let you all know if and when I do get a reply.

Thanks for the effort, don't worry about it, I'm sure he'll reply when he's able to, who knows, he might even be on vacation.

Green, he can see you at the end of July. I suggest sending an email and refer to "demografx' request for a medical appointment for me".

I sent an email out some time ago, he never replied back :(

I still would be happy to travel transcontinental miles to see the man himself, but he's almost become a ghost since the release of the papers, I know he's a man of immense weight in the medical field etc... but it's a shame we're not being kept in the loop, there are so many questions surrounding those released papers.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: 08/07/2011 14:22:30 »
....... POIS is pretty much over for me, I've almost cured it, I'll do a write up on the other forum just incase it's against the rules on a site like this.

Take care all.

Everyone- posting on NSF about what's helped you is ALWAYS welcome!!!  The Dimitry thing was only an issue because he was lying, he had an alterior motive trying to sell us stuff, and he promoted irresponsible behavior.  Unless you are trying to lie, cheat, or steal, PLEASE SPEAK FREELY!

And if you do 'accidentally' tell us to shoot up our butt cheeks with a formula from a guy in Russia,  Demo will happily delete your post before it does us any harm  ;D
« Last Edit: 08/07/2011 14:26:51 by B_Daniel »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: 08/07/2011 14:29:02 »
Victor, can you apply to the other forum too? We have a thread specifically dedicated to XN where we would like to get into detail for the good of everyone.

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: 08/07/2011 15:51:59 »

....... POIS is pretty much over for me, I've almost cured it, I'll do a write up on the other forum just incase it's against the rules on a site like this.

Take care all.

Everyone- posting on NSF about what's helped you is ALWAYS welcome!!!  The Dimitry thing was only an issue because he was lying, he had an alterior motive trying to sell us stuff, and he promoted irresponsible behavior.  Unless you are trying to lie, cheat, or steal, PLEASE SPEAK FREELY!

And if you do 'accidentally' tell us to shoot up our butt cheeks with a formula from a guy in Russia,  Demo will happily delete your post before it does us any harm  ;D

Yes, Green, PLEASE post your exciting experiences at both forums. You are a very important, longstanding contributor to these forums!

And we all promise not to take a lethal overdose of opium - hourly - for POIS...as someone might have accidentally suggested! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 08/07/2011 15:59:30 by demografx »

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: 08/07/2011 16:15:20 »

Guys, did I miss a post from Dmitry trying to sell us something? Last I read, Dmitry was simply advising what had worked for him, and it is a substance that can be purchased from numerous sources. I'm wondering why he seems shady given that I had not seen him try to profit from this advice.

You may have missed the posts and the PM's that I deleted. He was getting VERY aggressive about posting his email (spamming) and getting injectable XN samples into all your hands, after collecting some information from you. At least 4 people here were "ready to go", and I just hope to hell that they haven't done so!

You asked: Universally available injectable XN? Profit motive? Please see my reply above to silverandcol.

I was NOT about to wait for him to kill someone here with his destructive quackery!

Demo, Great Call. It is a Good thing we've got you here to screen out people like this.

At least this little episode has got us talking about XN......which according to Victor has worked for him and at least two others..(There's hope)

And in fact, this little episode has fired up the forum a little bit as well, i've gone AWOL for a day, and there's two pages full of POSTS! Fantastic.

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: 08/07/2011 16:17:31 »

Take care all.

HAHAHAHAHA ROFL :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: 08/07/2011 17:05:22 »

GREEN, special thanks again to you for your writeup.

We are all very excited!!

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: 08/07/2011 17:09:57 »
Victor, can you apply to the other forum too? We have a thread specifically dedicated to XN where we would like to get into detail for the good of everyone.

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

Already applied, waiting for admin's approval

Victor

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: 08/07/2011 17:19:48 »
We have to stop going from one thing to another, and just dumping them if they don't work. We throw the baby away with the bath-water. When we could be learning from every failure. We just FAIL.

Don't we get tired of just failing?

I don't agree with these sentiments.  Yes, it's good to exercise some discipline when testing a new drug.  But, assuming the person has checked out the associated dangers and is acting responsibly, there is a HUGE amount of value in testing these drugs, even in a disorganised, uncontrolled manner.  I doubt any one drug will help all of us, but there may well be drugs which help many or most of us, and we can learn that through feedback on the forum.  The main thing I worry about is someone trying too little of a drug, or not taking it in the right way, and then dismissing it.  However, on the whole, that risk does not outweigh the benefits of cautious experimentation.  We just have to be especially wary when someone reports a 'negative' result.

I have spent the last 14 years trying various drugs, and seeing whether they have any effect on my POIS.  I assumed that maybe after another 30 years of experimenting, that I may find something that helps me manage my symptoms better.  When I found this forum, many years ago, I was really excited because then it seemed we could communicate our experiments to one another.  It was as if I suddenly had 300 lifetimes of experiments, instead of just one; in this light it seemed like maybe there would be a good treatment in only a few years.  This was partly my motivation to develop the questionnaire.  It was useful to see what everyone had already tried.

Finally, we are not 'just failing'.  People have tried things, like testosterone, fenugreek, etc., told others here about it, and they have also been treated.  Their lives have been saved.  So let us not dramatically undervalue the power of the experimentation that has taken place here, just to make a point.
« Last Edit: 08/07/2011 17:22:56 by Counterpoints »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13949 on: 08/07/2011 17:19:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums