The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6459465 times)

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #13975 on: 10/07/2011 06:49:26 »
Demo, That is Way to much of a coincidene.

It sounds like this niacin theory needs to be looked at further! I am very cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for sharing this lightbulb moment.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: 10/07/2011 07:10:12 »
OK, welcome to the forum. I hope you can shed some light on the benefits of XM & your experience. thanks

Thanks. I've posted my experience to the thread dedicated to XN here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.0

Victor

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: 10/07/2011 07:22:17 »

Holy Moly! After re-reading POIS-SUFFERER's post above, it suddenly hit me: my POIS has strangely but dramatically improved recently - 90% to 100% POIS relief, over my usual 80% relief with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)...

At the same time, I also was recently put on NIASPANŽ (niacin extended-release tablets), 500 mg daily, for my cholesterol!

I hope this is real and not just a happy interlude!

Stay tuned!

I wish I could remember why Niacin was told to me to try from DR, but it has something to do with bad digestion, stomach acid, she said I had a DAMP CORE? She is a holistic DR. From all my symptoms I gave her.... which are very much the same as many others on here.

PS.
« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 07:23:38 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: 10/07/2011 07:33:29 »

Demo, That is Way to much of a coincidene.

It sounds like this niacin theory needs to be looked at further! I am very cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for sharing this lightbulb moment.

Very exciting, JT!!

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: 10/07/2011 09:35:57 »
Some time before POIS I was keen on boxing (6 trainings per week as a minimum) and for overall body support used this sports nutrition http://www.vitaminexpress.net/en/mineral-drinks/fit-active-l-carnitine-beutel/prod8479.html#productcontent [nofollow] vitamin supplement. It's rich in vitamins and minerals, and as I found recently (as I had no specific reason to pay attention to it before), contains ... niacin. I stopped using it about 2 months before POIS developed.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13980 on: 10/07/2011 10:05:20 »
Hi Gabin,

Some time before POIS I was keen on boxing (6 trainings per week as a minimum) and for overall body support used this sports nutrition http://www.vitaminexpress.net/en/mineral-drinks/fit-active-l-carnitine-beutel/prod8479.html#productcontent vitamin supplement. It's rich in vitamins and minerals, and as I found recently (as I had no specific reason to pay attention to it before), contains ... niacin. I stopped using it about 2 months before POIS developed.

You wrote in the Syndrom-X blog that you've tried niacin acid and that it didn't have effect on POIS symptoms for you. Did you mean niacin acid in pills? And what was your doze?

Btw, nice to see you here :)

Victor

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: 10/07/2011 10:20:12 »
Wow. Could our POIS be alleviated simply by taking a Niacin B3 Supplement?

Very exciting stuff. Thank you Victor and Gabin for adding your knowledge to these forums.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: 10/07/2011 10:28:20 »

Very exciting stuff. Thank you Victor and Gabin for adding your knowledge to these forums.

I have just bought niacin acid for injections. I'm going to try it and compare to XN on 16 July, Saturday. Sorry this week is gonna be busy for me, I can't have POIS until weekend.

Victor

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: 10/07/2011 12:59:25 »
You wrote in the Syndrom-X blog that you've tried niacin acid and that it didn't have effect on POIS symptoms for you. Did you mean niacin acid in pills? And what was your doze?

Btw, nice to see you here :)
Yes, I'd also like to mention that Victor is an author of the blog in russian called syndrome-x and that he's in no way connected with Dmitriy's recent activity. Victor was the first one to suggest using X-N and he never promoted it as an 'ultimate pill', healing from POIS.

Yes, I only tried niacin acid in pills, about 200-250mg per time

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: 10/07/2011 17:07:34 »

JT, keep in mind that testosterone has been 80% of my POIS relief for the last 2 and 1/2 years.

I am NOT suggesting that what you say above about Niacin B3 is not possible.

I just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding about MY particular experience.

I am still very excited about these new developments! :)

« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 22:39:42 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: 10/07/2011 17:14:02 »

[gabin,] nice to see you here :)

Yes, I'd also like to mention that Victor is an author of the blog in russian called syndrome-x and that he's in no way connected with Dmitriy's recent activity. Victor was the first one to suggest using X-N and he never promoted it as an 'ultimate pill', healing from POIS.

Thank you, gabin, and welcome back!

To victor and gabin: please feel free to invite any of your trusted friends from Syndrom-X blog in Russia to this forum as well as to www.PoisCenter.com !

« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 17:32:41 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: 10/07/2011 17:22:35 »

I have just bought niacin acid for injections.

Victor, how did you train yourself medically with injection usage to avoid the serious dangers of abscess, infection (including to the heart), collapsed veins, etc.?

« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 17:56:47 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: 10/07/2011 17:29:26 »

For all our new visitors and friends!

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

Our 4-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

We started a POIS Research Fund to boost our attack on The POIS Monster! Explained here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

We raised $2,150 in just the first 2 weeks, with much more pledged!

And your POIS fund donation is most welcome here:
http://rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: 10/07/2011 17:39:57 »
" Niacin Physiology:

Niacin is important for the synthesis of the sex and adrenal hormones. Its primary sexual affect is from the side effect of the vitamin. Briefly after ingestion, niacin can produce sensations of intense warmth that quickly spreads throughout the body. This effect, is secondary to a release of histamine that produces a dilation of blood vessels and capillaries which results in subsequent increase in blood flow. The vasodilatation of the blood vessel is very similar to the flush felt instantaneously during sexual excitement and orgasms. The pleasurable feeling can last up to 20 minutes and because there is a larger than normal histamine release, the feeling is often more dramatic than the sensations that occur during intercourse. "

mod edit - bold-emphasis above is mine, demo

From http://www.physiciansselect.co.uk/niacin-vitamin-b3-information.htm
« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 18:37:03 by demografx »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: 10/07/2011 17:49:49 »
Victor, how did you train yourself medically with injection usage to avoid the serious dangers of abscess, infection, collapsed veins, etc.?

I don't really know how to answer this question. Use sterile injector every time, use medical pure alcohol (not sure about the name), make the injections into right place of your backside, seems that's all.

Victor

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: 10/07/2011 18:19:47 »
Very interesting Demo, it seems to be a central finding !  thank you :) It seems to explain a lot more, and sounds very familiar for me at least.. The pois episode, intense long lasting warmth through the whole body, sweating. I noticed I ask everybody if the room is warm for them, just to check if I am not an exception there.

french article translated" niacin is a main factor in the sexual hormones production, blood stream, energy production AND histamine release"

"Some people cant support very well histamine release/absorption and it implies : Headaches, skin troubles, heart palpitations, dizziness, intense warmth feeling, digestive troubles (nausea, colon disorders, stomach.
The symptoms disappear alone in some hours after the histamine absorption."

Histamine could explain the "fake allergic reaction feeling" and the huge amount of it could explain why a simply "antihistamine" never worked for us.
Perhaps the Niacin by injections could prevent the wrong reaction by regulating the Histamine release during arousal and the O.

It would be good to have medical view on this Niacin findings and the possible link with our POIS. I hope Dr Waldinger would have a look on it !

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: 10/07/2011 18:28:47 »

Victor, how did you train yourself medically with injection usage to avoid the serious dangers of abscess, infection, collapsed veins, etc.?

I don't really know how to answer this question. Use sterile injector every time, use medical pure alcohol (not sure about the name), make the injections into right place of your backside, seems that's all.

Victor

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING, VICTOR, AND PLEASE UNDERSTAND: I AM NOT RE-POSTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, BELOW,  AS BEING AGAINST YOU. WE ALL UNDESTAND NOW THAT YOU ARE NOT PROMOTING THIS PROCEDURE. I AM ONLY DOING MY JOB TO POINT OUT POTENTIAL PROBLEMS FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT SELF-INJECTING:

RISKS OF SELF-INJECTING DRUGS

Bacterial infections can occur even when clean injecting equipment is used. Bacterial infections may cause a local abscess at the injecting site or more seriously may cause infections in the heart (endocarditis) or other parts of the body. Damage to veins can occur from repeated injections at the same site.

« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 18:33:26 by demografx »

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: 10/07/2011 18:36:05 »
Looks like Niacin just found its way into the compendium.

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: 10/07/2011 18:44:12 »
Demo, I'd just like to mention that self-injection is almost the same risky as 'third-party'-injection  :)
In both situation all you (or person performing the injection) need to do in stick to the precautions you've listed above.

May be I take it easier because of a huge expereince of injections on my relatives and my dog  :)
Use wool soaked in alcohol, clean the skin thoroughly, don't touch extraneous surface with the needle of the syringe. And ofcourse everything must be disposable.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: 10/07/2011 18:47:30 »

It would be good to have a medical view on this Niacin finding and the possible link with our POIS.

Habibou, I agree wholeheartedly.

And our POIS-NORD Research Fund is the fastest way to find out!
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13995 on: 10/07/2011 18:51:03 »

Looks like Niacin just found its way into the compendium.

Thanks, Pyro!

POIS Compendium:
http://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: 10/07/2011 18:51:15 »
Also, it must be very careful not to touch the sciatic nerve during the injection of the needle. My doctor friend told m to sit. before injection into the right buttock, and make an imaginary cross stitching in the upper right quadrant (exterior), disinfecting the needle and well around the point of injection. But way better to get it by a professional the first times !  :)
« Last Edit: 11/07/2011 01:14:10 by Habibou »

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: 10/07/2011 18:58:23 »
make an imaginary cross stitching in the upper right quadrant (exterior)
Yeah, exactly the tip I use :)

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: 10/07/2011 19:21:42 »
Forgive me if this was already covered...but has anyone tried taking  regular Vitamin B3 supplements?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: 10/07/2011 19:44:43 »

Forgive me if this was already covered...but has anyone tried taking  regular Vitamin B3 supplements?

Pyro, there are 128 Google results for B3 at our forum:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=B3+POIS+site:http%3A%2F%2Fthenakedscientists.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c488823cce0a6f39&biw=1067&bih=507

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13999 on: 10/07/2011 19:44:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums