The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6460360 times)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14000 on: 10/07/2011 21:42:51 »
Also, it must be very careful not to touch the sciatic nerve during the injection of the needle. My doctor friend told m to sit. before injection into the right buttock, and make an imaginary cross stitching in the upper right quadrant (exterior), disinfecting the needle and well around the point of injection. But way better to get it by a professional the first times !  :)

The thigh might be a safer place don't have to worry about the Sciatic nerve

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: 10/07/2011 22:03:58 »
About injections...

Also, it must be very careful not to touch the sciatic nerve during the injection of the needle. My doctor friend told m to sit. before injection into the right buttock, and make an imaginary cross stitching in the upper right quadrant (exterior), disinfecting the needle and well around the point of injection. But way better to get it by a professional the first times !  :)

mod edit: emphasis mine on Habibou's last words above - demo

The thigh might be a safer place don't have to worry about the Sciatic nerve.

Thanks, guys!

« Last Edit: 11/07/2011 04:49:05 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: 10/07/2011 22:42:46 »

Demo, I'd just like to mention that self-injection is almost the same risky as 'third-party'-injection  :)
In both situation all you (or person performing the injection) need to do in stick to the precautions you've listed above.

May be I take it easier because of a huge expereince of injections on my relatives and my dog  :)
Use wool soaked in alcohol, clean the skin thoroughly, don't touch extraneous surface with the needle of the syringe. And ofcourse everything must be disposable.

Excellent. Thank you for pointing that out, gabin!

I would add that it depends on how knowledgeable the "injecters" are. In some cases, I am sure that a self-injecter can be more competent than a poorly trained "3rd party".

But if I had to choose between an experienced nurse or myself, I would ALWAYS prefer the nurse, REGARDLESS of how attractive she is!  ;D

« Last Edit: 10/07/2011 22:48:57 by demografx »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: 11/07/2011 01:16:29 »

But if I had to choose between an experienced nurse or myself, I would ALWAYS prefer the nurse, REGARDLESS of how attractive she is!  ;D

Hahaha, let s hide it from your wife OMG !!!  :o  ;D

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: 11/07/2011 04:02:12 »
I got some Xan-pro from the anti-aging place for like 19 bucks, will report back when it comes in a couple weeks.  I'll probably test one while not in POIS to make sure it doesn't kill me or if there is any allergic reaction.  I find that when I am out of pois i can handle alot of things better like stress, disease, etc, etch.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: 11/07/2011 04:42:55 »

Hahaha, let s hide it from your wife OMG !!!  :o  ;D

Habibou!!!!!! Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: 11/07/2011 04:44:29 »
In a discussion with nordnurse, I learned the following:

"Self-injecting deep IM [intramuscular]into the buttock is very difficult because it's awkward.  Requires a 2" long needle, must be done straight in (90-degree angle) -- or it's not deep IM.  

Also, must be done in the upper, outer quadrant of the buttock -- or else there's danger of hitting the sciatic nerve -- which is not a pleasant experience. And can cause permanent injury. "

Thank you, Stefanie (from NORD)!!!
« Last Edit: 11/07/2011 22:27:32 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: 11/07/2011 04:56:37 »
Niacin monitoring -

Today (POIS onset) was 90%+ POIS-free. After my Niacin dose of 500mg NIASPAN, it feels like it jumped to 100%.

Placebo effect? Time will tell.

(Keep in mind that TRT is still my main POIS "cure", with 2.5 years proven 80% efficacy).

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: 11/07/2011 06:11:01 »
Just found this info on Niacin - Very Plain Language for simpletons like me to understand.

http://www.vibrantlifenews.com/?tag=niacin

Read with a little skepticism, as he is selling product, but explains a possible Histamine and Niacian relationship.

Just started taking Niacin 100mg tablets. Will try two tabs a day to see if this has any affect.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: 11/07/2011 11:05:11 »
So the main problem could be the histamine thats being released while Orgasm? For the vasolidation is the H2 histamine receptor responsible. Perhaps blocking it with cimetidine, ranitidine, famotidine, and nizatidine before orgasm would make a sense?

H2-receptor-mediated vasodilation contributes to postexercise hypotension
Jennifer L. McCord, Julie M. Beasley, and John R. Halliwill

Department of Human Physiology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon

Submitted 5 August 2005 ; accepted in final form 25 August 2005

The early (∼30 min) postexercise hypotension response after a session of aerobic exercise is due in part to H1-receptor-mediated vasodilation. The purpose of this study was to determine the potential contribution of H2-receptor-mediated vasodilation to postexercise hypotension. We studied 10 healthy normotensive men and women (ages 23.7 ± 3.4 yr) before and through 90 min after a 60-min bout of cycling at 60% peak O2 uptake on randomized control and H2-receptor antagonist days (300 mg oral ranitidine). Arterial pressure (automated auscultation), cardiac output (acetylene washin) and femoral blood flow (Doppler ultrasound) were measured. Vascular conductance was calculated as flow/mean arterial pressure. Sixty minutes postexercise on the control day, femoral (Δ62.3 ± 15.6%, where Δ is change; P < 0.01) and systemic (Δ13.8 ± 5.3%; P = 0.01) vascular conductances were increased, whereas mean arterial pressure was reduced (Δ–6.7 ± 1.1 mmHg; P < 0.01). Conversely, 60 min postexercise with ranitidine, femoral (Δ9.4 ± 9.2%; P = 0.34) and systemic (Δ–2.8 ± 4.8%; P = 0.35) vascular conductances were not elevated and mean arterial pressure was not reduced (Δ–2.2 ± 1.3 mmHg; P = 0.12). Furthermore, postexercise femoral and systemic vascular conductances were lower (P < 0.05) and mean arterial pressure was higher (P = 0.01) on the ranitidine day compared with control. Ingestion of ranitidine markedly reduces vasodilation after exercise and blunts postexercise hypotension, suggesting H2-receptor-mediated vasodilation contributes to postexercise hypotension.
« Last Edit: 11/07/2011 11:13:53 by Starsky »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14010 on: 11/07/2011 16:29:34 »
"Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your donation!  Your generosity will help us provide vital programs and services for the nearly 30 million Americans affected by rare diseases."

I just made a 100,00 $ donation to the NORD for POIS  :)

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: 11/07/2011 17:08:10 »

I just made a 100,00 $ donation to the NORD for POIS  :)

You're the man, Habibou!  Way to benefit everyone here!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: 11/07/2011 22:12:42 »

[From NORD:]"Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your donation!  Your generosity will help us provide vital programs and services for the nearly 30 million Americans affected by rare diseases."

I just made a $100.00 donation to NORD for POIS  :)

Habibou, thank you very much!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: 11/07/2011 22:19:43 »
Research Fund Total: $2,485.00

Please read about it at:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=97a0a767229bfcd7b6822ec05c6c0160&topic=125.0

Then help yourself! by donating here:
http://www.rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations/fg_base_view_p3

Thank you very, very much, everyone!!

« Last Edit: 11/07/2011 22:23:38 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: 12/07/2011 04:27:56 »

For all our new visitors and friends!

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

Our 4-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

We started a POIS Research Fund to boost our attack on The POIS Monster! Explained here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

We raised $2,150 in just the first 2 weeks, with much more pledged!

And your POIS fund donation is most welcome here:
http://rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: 12/07/2011 05:20:50 »
Hello fellow POIS sufferers, I haven't been on the forum in a while, and during that time I have found extreme success in possibly curing my POIS 100%.  I remember how in previous posts, animus explained how his POIS came from his spine up into his head.  So during this time I have done several different things, some based upon that information.  I will list what I believe to be the most important thing I have done, to the least important thing I have done.  I say this has cured my POIS 100% because I O'd 5 times about a week and a half ago without any POIS, and just yesterday I have O'd 4 times without any POIS.  Also am sleeping great.  Hopefully this stays strong.  So anyway...

1)  My uncle is a chiropractor and he gave me an adjustment.  First he twisted my neck, the main chiropractic treatment, and than he pressed heavily on my lower spine (cracking it), than pressed heavily on my upper spine (cracking it) with all of his strength.  I haven't had a headache, or inflammation in my head,as I called it, since than.  He told me it is called a cervicogenic headache.
The only thing now, especially the last couple of days, instead of the "ache" being in my head that I believe causes POIS as it happens, it feels like it is now in my tailbone.  Now I feel like I have to go to the bathroom almost all the time.  It's really not that bad though.  SO much better than POIS.  This is just a nuisance, feels like a knot down there, and it could possibly just be from running and sports.  So for my POIS and maybe others, it feels as though this is "spine" based.  Possibly a bad alignment of the spine that comes out with headaches and POIS by supposedly blocking circulation.  I will update.

GoingCrazy, I just wanted to come back to your post from a few days ago.  From a NSF member that's as well known and has contributed as much as you have, we really should be placing more emphasis on your "cure" than we currently are.  I think the reason behind this is two-fold.  1) This XN/ Niacin talk has really excited everyone.  2) seeing a chiropractor just seems like such an unlikely cure - but not to say it's not possible.

I guess just keep us updated on your POIS-free status every couple weeks.  If your POIS starts to revert back, and you again have your back cracked and it works again, THAT would be very promising to know it worked more than once.  Thanks for sharing

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: 12/07/2011 09:13:43 »
Hello fellow POIS sufferers, I haven't been on the forum in a while, and during that time I have found extreme success in possibly curing my POIS 100%.  I remember how in previous posts, animus explained how his POIS came from his spine up into his head.  So during this time I have done several different things, some based upon that information.  I will list what I believe to be the most important thing I have done, to the least important thing I have done.  I say this has cured my POIS 100% because I O'd 5 times about a week and a half ago without any POIS, and just yesterday I have O'd 4 times without any POIS.  Also am sleeping great.  Hopefully this stays strong.  So anyway...

1)  My uncle is a chiropractor and he gave me an adjustment.  First he twisted my neck, the main chiropractic treatment, and than he pressed heavily on my lower spine (cracking it), than pressed heavily on my upper spine (cracking it) with all of his strength.  I haven't had a headache, or inflammation in my head,as I called it, since than.  He told me it is called a cervicogenic headache.
The only thing now, especially the last couple of days, instead of the "ache" being in my head that I believe causes POIS as it happens, it feels like it is now in my tailbone.  Now I feel like I have to go to the bathroom almost all the time.  It's really not that bad though.  SO much better than POIS.  This is just a nuisance, feels like a knot down there, and it could possibly just be from running and sports.  So for my POIS and maybe others, it feels as though this is "spine" based.  Possibly a bad alignment of the spine that comes out with headaches and POIS by supposedly blocking circulation.  I will update.

GoingCrazy, I just wanted to come back to your post from a few days ago.  From a NSF member that's as well known and has contributed as much as you have, we really should be placing more emphasis on your "cure" than we currently are.  I think the reason behind this is two-fold.  1) This XN/ Niacin talk has really excited everyone.  2) seeing a chiropractor just seems like such an unlikely cure - but not to say it's not possible.

I guess just keep us updated on your POIS-free status every couple weeks.  If your POIS starts to revert back, and you again have your back cracked and it works again, THAT would be very promising to know it worked more than once.  Thanks for sharing
TO: "goingcrazy", my brother is a very good chiropractor, but I have never experienced any reduction of pois from being adjusted.  That is not to say that your chiropractic experience is not the cause of your relief from symptoms.
« Last Edit: 12/07/2011 09:15:34 by lauracostis »

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: 12/07/2011 12:24:21 »
I think i have some relief from taking Ranitidine, an antihistamine - 300 mg 2h hours before O. And when i take i can last longer.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: 12/07/2011 21:46:32 »
I think i have some relief from taking Ranitidine, an antihistamine - 300 mg 2h hours before O. And when i take i can last longer.

Sounds interesting, I could use a little "duration" often. My wife would thank you I'm sure!

In general antihistamines haven't help me (as it varies from person to person). Have you found this antihistamine better than others (if you have tried others of course)?

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: 12/07/2011 21:51:30 »

Please read about it at:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=97a0a767229bfcd7b6822ec05c6c0160&topic=125.0

Ooops, did you just hear it go DINNNGGGG!

Now it's Research Fund Total: $2,585.00

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: 12/07/2011 22:29:05 »

Sounds interesting, I could use a little "duration" often. My wife would thank you I'm sure!

In general antihistamines haven't help me (as it varies from person to person). Have you found this antihistamine better than others (if you have tried others of course)?

I think taking Ranitadine + some H1-antihistamine could lessen the impact of histamine. What i found is that Fenugreek is a antihistamine too.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: 12/07/2011 22:31:27 »
Ranitidine, under its more commonly used brand names, including Zantac, has been used in the treatment of allergies for some time. It is an antihistamine, but not of the same sort usually prescribed for the treatment of common allergies. Ranitidine is what’s known as a type 2 antihistamine, with separate properties from the type 1 histamine blockers which are more typically used to fight allergy symptoms.

Ranitidine is, in fact, usually prescribed or bought over the counter for the treatment of GERD, or acid reflux disease. However, studies have shown that some of the same properties it brings to bear in the fight against reflux can also be used as a supplement to treat allergies. Sometimes, people complain that the typical OTC allergy remedies don’t quite relieve them of all of their symptoms. In such a case, ranitidine can be a nice addition to the treatment regiment, and may serve to fully eliminate the allergy symptoms.

Those wishing to add ranitidine into their medications should first consult with a physician to ensure the use of the drug will not interfere with any of your doctor’s other medicines. There may also be an increased risk of some of the more common side effects found in antihistamines, such as drowsiness.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: 13/07/2011 14:44:29 »
Ok, i couldnt sleep all night because I have a theory :)
In my opinion the main problem is histamine, we are realising too much of it while ejaculation. The problem is free histamine will try to bind to receptors: H1, H2, H3, H4. Thats why we have so many pseudoallergy rections to dust etc. Histamine receptors are in brain too so we will get some cognitive problems. A cure for pois would be blocking the release of histamine, i think the best way desensitization, but i think TRT therapy, niacin, XN are working because they are somehow blocking the release of histamine. Fenugreek, ranitidine and others are just partially a cure because they are blocking the receptors so we could get less symptoms but the problem will be still there. Guys what do you think about that?

Has someone an idea what happens with histamine in REM phase in sleep? I think when i sleep longer i will have more aches.

Something about Relora:

The complete mechanism of action for Relora® is unknown.
However, there is a significant body of research on some of
the compounds in this product that is consistent with Next Pharmaceutical’s research and the indications for which Relora®
has demonstrated significant benefit. As with most natural products that are rich with more than one active compound, it is likely that these benefits may be due to more than a simple additive effect
from the compounds that have been studied. The following is a discussion of the known pharmacological properties of Relora®. Clinical studies in China and Japan suggest that the oriental herbal medicine saiboku-to relieves anxiety-related disorders such as anxiety neurosis.2,6 It has been demonstrated that the anxiolytic effect of saiboku-to is due to the presence of the two key compounds in Relora® – magnolol and honokiol.7 These compounds have also been shown to have an inhibitory effect on histamine release from rat mast cells.8 Benzodiazepines, including diazepam, bind to GABAA receptors. Diazepam enhances the anxiolytic effect of saiboku-to (due to magnolol and honokiol) and flumazenil, a GABAA antagonist diminishes this anxiolytic effect.9
This suggests that the compounds in Relora® might exert their anxiolytic effect by acting as GABAA receptor agonists. More recent research shows that the compounds in Relora® act by a different mechanism, possibly via an indirect cholinergic activity such as inhibition of histaminergic neurons linked to cholinergic neurons.8

Niacin helps reaching orgasm

Niacin (also known as vitamin B3) is important for the manufacture of the sex and adrenal hormones; however, along with its primary prosexual effects, shortly after ingestion, niacin can produce sensations of intense warmth accompanied by a tingly itch throughout the body lasting up to 20 minutes. It may also produce a reddish cast to the skin, which is especially pronounced in the extremities. This response is called the “Niacin Flush.”
A thoroughbred stallion that was unable to reach orgasm. When the animal was given niacin, the stallion was quickly restored to full form.

This red, itching warmth caused by niacin use is well known and is harmless. The flush is healthy and indicates that niacin is helping improve blood flow and circulation. Reaction from the Niacin Flush actually mimics an individual’s natural sexual response. This natural sex flush, which has been documented by Masters and Johnson, is caused by a large histamine release; in fact, a niacin flush is caused by the same histamine release as the natural sex flush, with one important difference: Because niacin instigates a larger-than-normal histamine release, the results of using niacin are often more dramatic.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of the human body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their only supply of blood from small capillaries. Niacin causes these small capillaries to expand, allowing them the ability to possibly carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
Niacin’s Orgasmic Benefits

Niacin may also be helpful for individuals experiencing difficulty achieving orgasm. The ability to experience an orgasm is related to adequate histamine release, which is an essential factor in the male orgasmic experience. Researchers Pearson and Shaw give a fascinating account of a thoroughbred stallion that was unable to reach orgasm. When the animal was given niacin, the stallion was quickly restored to full form.
« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 15:21:47 by Starsky »

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: 13/07/2011 14:48:17 »

Stop histamine release naturally

Releif from rhinitis, hay fever, asthma, hives and more...

Stop histamine release naturally

By: Dr Parham Donyai LL.B(Hons), Dip. LP, MCSR, ITEC

What is a histamine problem?

Are you one of the millions of people suffering from excess or unnecessary release of histamine? Do you even know what this is?

If you have any sort of allergy, you are in the above group. In fact, you may be in the group even if you don't know it. If you have eczema, rhinitis (constant runny nose), hay fever, asthma, hives, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, skin eruptions and many other problems, your body may be releasing excess histamine.

Excess release of histamine is a nightmare. In different people, it causes different problems. The release of histamine can be triggered by certain agents such as dust, pollen, foods or environments.

Traditionally, there is very little you can do but to take an anti-histamine. Sounds easy, right? Yes apart from the fact that many anti-histamines can give quite bad side effects such as drowsiness or blurred vision. They are not a "cure" to the problem and merely just "mask" the symptoms.

What causes excess histamine release?

Excess histamine is caused by different things in different people. Sometimes it is easy to pinpoint the cause and many times it is almost impossible such as in hives (urticaria).

House dust mite, pollen, traffic pollution, wheat, dairy products, heat or perfumes can all cause histamine release. This is not an exhaustive list and there are many other things that can cause your body to release extra histamine. The result (which you can see or feel) can be anything from sneezing, runny nose, red eyes to a skin outbreak.

A toxic body is much more likely to be prone to excess histamine release than a healthy non toxic one. For example, if you eat too much rubbish (cakes, cookies, sweets, artificial foods, fatty foods, alcohol) or too much red meat (as an example) your body will be busy trying to digest and detoxify, thereby exhausting its resources and not being able to deal with other things (pollen for example).

Toxicity exhausts the adrenals and your adrenals are one of the main glands of your body and an important one in fighting "inflammatory" problems, such as histamine release.

Here's how to beat stop histamine release naturally...

It is very possible for you to change the way you live and eat slightly better to have a body more geared up to stopping histamine release.

Imagine, no more blocked or runny nose; no more hives breakouts just when you don't need it.

You need to stick to the advice below and not stray. The release of histamine can be triggered by the slightest stimuli. Stick to the advice below for at least 3 months to give your body a chance to recover and rest. You will see results way before that.

* First things first. Cut down protein intake, especially animal proteins. Try and cut it to around 10% of your daily calorie intake. Excess protein is a drain on your body's resources. You need to cut it down so your body starts resting and not be in a constant over-active state.
* Try and cut out all dairy, wheat and gluten products. Most stores these days sell dairy free and gluten free products. Dairy, wheat and gluten can contribute HUGELY to histamine release.
*  First thing upon waking up, drink a full glass of clean water with some lime or lemon juice squeezed in. This is great for a gentle liver cleanse.
*  Drink lots of water at regular intervals during the day. Your body releases histamine in order to stop water loss. If you give your body adequate amounts of water, less histamine will be released. This is very important. Many people who suffer from histamine problems are not drinking enough water.
* Cut out ALL artificial sweeteners. This means those found in diet drinks, many foods (low fat/no fat) and chewing gums.
* There is no doubt that an organic vegetarian diet is very good for those who have a histamine problem. A diet high in Quercetin and  flavonoids such as citrus fruits, berries, onions, parsley, legumes, green tea, and red wine is especially good.
* Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish, flax, hemp, borage and evening primrose oils are especially good as they decrease inflammation.
* A diet high in garlic and onion is very beneficial also (please say sorry to your partners!)
*  Foods high in vitamin C and Bromelain are very good. Vitamin C is a natural anti-histamine. Eat oranges, tangerines, fruit juices and pineapple.

Monitor your body. Buy a diary and mark in there when you get an attack. You will soon see a pattern and will be able to find out the offending foods/environments/triggers. You can then try and eliminate them.

…and here's an instant remedy to stop histamine release fast

You didn't think I would leave you without some form of "instant help", did you?
Go to your local health shop and get yourself some tablets of:
*  Quercetin (take say 1000 mg a day)
*  Bromelain (500mg a day)
* Nettle extract (500mg a day)
*  Vitamin C (1000 mg a day)

This may all sound difficult to get but don't worry help is at hand. Help comes from food supplements companies that have already thought about this and have started manufacturing all in one tablets with the above.

Start taking the combination pill above and change your diet and you WILL see great results in just days.

If you have any allergy experiences which you wish to share, you can email in to this site.

Good luck!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: 13/07/2011 17:54:47 »

Please read about it at:

Ooops, did you just hear it go DINNNGGGG!

Now it's Research Fund Total: $2,585.00

« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 17:58:35 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14024 on: 13/07/2011 17:54:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums