The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6447077 times)

Offline horizon

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14100 on: 21/07/2011 20:24:27 »
Since eating garlic all the time in POIS helps POIS but is completely impractical due to the death breath, I have been researching Garlic Injections.

I found this info..
http://www.webtrek.com/pipermail/sumo/2006-January/002317.html
http://yakyubaka.com/tag/garlic-injection/
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=949656#i

> Does someone know what these garlic injections are ?
> What are they supposed
> to do ? When can you take it ?

Actually you can get a "garlic" injection at medical
clinics in Japan but "garlic" is a misnomer.  It isn't
as if they liquify garlic and shoot it in your vein.

Basically it refers to a certain injection made up
with a variety of vitamins but mostly B compounds.  As
you know vitamin Bs are known to help get you recover
quickly when you feel you are exhausted (especially
Vitamin B1 is known to break down lactic acids in your
body and as most athletes know accumulation of lactic
acids slow them down physically).  I've been told by
those who had the injection that they did feel they
were getting warmer and even smelled "garlicky" in
their mouth (I wonder if some amount of garlic is
actually in it...)

Other than Vitamin Bs I don't know whatelse in these
but remember when you are in a pharmacy or even kiosks
at train stations, you must have seen quite a few
"energy" drinks sold there.  These are basically all
drinks with vitamin Bs and some caffein to get you
revitalized back again quickly or so they tell me.
Actually many in Japan cannot do without them  and
some do swear by them (my wife actually gets a stock
of her "alpha mini" bottles whenever she goes to Japan).

« Last Edit: 21/07/2011 20:28:55 by horizon »

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: 21/07/2011 22:43:47 »
Ok for my xan-pro report, I messed up a little bit but it is okay.  So I orgasm-ed  first and then took the xan-pro pills right after it.  Then I had to work next day so I went to sleep in like 15 minutes even with the slight flushing coming on.  I didn't notice anything else because I was sleeping.  Next day was kinda sucky, I would say 85% POIS.  I fucked up a bit a work because of my inattentiveness and whatnot from POIS, making me regret I ever ejaculated at all.  Good thing my boss is cool.  So when I got home I decdided to go all the way and text the Xan-Pro properly.  Took one 150mg  xanthinol nicotate+42mg Niacin pill tablet of Xan-Pro.  I waited about 30ish minutes then did my business.  It was pretty interesting. It seemed the orgasm was less intense(maybe because it's the 2nd day of orgasm.)  Also I did not get the super strong rush of blood to my face when I usually orgasm.  It definitely felt like a different orgasm. 

Next morning I was able to get up at 3:30am even before my alarm went off.  I was not lethargy stricken and being nearly impossible to get out of bed.  It was quite a good feeling of not being 100% POIS smashed.  Throughout the day at work I felt a little POIS, not sure if placebo though.  I would say about 50% POIS, not fully 100% sharp.  It's sometimes hard to tell at work because if it does not stress me out or challenge me enough I can't tell how much POIS I have.  I will play some games real soon though to see how the POIS is really effecting me.

TLDR: Xan-Pro is looking decently effective at reducing POIS symptoms when taken before orgasm.  (maybe the after helped too, I need to properly test this.) =D

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: 22/07/2011 03:27:11 »
Hi horizon,

Since eating garlic all the time in POIS helps POIS but is completely impractical due to the death breath, I have been researching Garlic Injections.
After taking garlic you could eat a bit of fennel or parsley or try some other salad-grass, it should cancel death breath completely.

Victor

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: 22/07/2011 07:16:00 »
Nah, you need to eat alot of Garlic to effect POIS well or take many smelly pills.
Its completely impractical to do this in the real world because of the horrendous smell.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: 22/07/2011 14:05:33 »

XN Tablets Report.

...I have unhealthy feeling at the location of liver...

I'm curious, can you describe more what this feels like?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: 22/07/2011 14:08:24 »

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php

Our 4-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

We started a POIS Research Fund to boost our attack on The POIS Monster! Explained here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

We raised $2,150 in just the first 2 weeks, with much more pledged!

And your POIS fund donation is most welcome here:
http://rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: 22/07/2011 14:56:37 »
Isnt it so, that injectios are better for the liver? I have few bodybuilder friends and they say steroids taken oraly are bad so they make injections.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: 22/07/2011 14:57:37 »

XN Tablets Report.

...I have unhealthy feeling at the location of liver...

I'm curious, can you describe more what this feels like?
I can't explain to be fair how it feels, it is like there is some heaviness in the area of liver. Or it feels like I've screwed up, because tried the dose a bit higher than max dose in instruction, but I wanted to be sure that tablets can work too... Unfortunately you don't have XN in tablets easily available in USA and Europe, but from whatever reason I thought that you have.

I'm going to try Niacin Acid tablets next time. I had bought a pure Niacin Acid tablets, going to try usual dose this time - 50 mg, probably later today or tomorrow in the morning.

Victor
« Last Edit: 22/07/2011 15:42:53 by victor.kons »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: 22/07/2011 15:01:04 »
Isnt it so, that injectios are better for the liver? I have few bodybuilder friends and they say steroids taken oraly are bad so they make injections.
From my feelings yes - injections are better for the liver. But we need some easy way to test whether Niacin Acid works. The easiest test is taking some tablets, going into all the troubles with injections just to check if they help or not is scary thing. But in the long term, it might be the case that injection are healthier, we need to figure this out by getting consultation from doctors.

Victor

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: 22/07/2011 17:21:28 »
Niacin Acid Tablets Report.

Took 100mg pure niacin acid tablets, half an hour before O. After two hours - no POIS symptoms.

Edit: At night I had a hard time to sleep and had a tension feelings in my head. Next day I've waken up with 20% of POIS I think, had the disgusting feeling of POIS beginning. I felt 10-20% POIS throughout the day. The second day was POIS free.

Victor
« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 08:17:07 by victor.kons »

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: 22/07/2011 17:27:15 »
For me POIS on day 0 & 1 is basically ok 
Its day 2&3&4 i hate.
I dont know how you judge a pill after only a few hours.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: 22/07/2011 17:38:48 »
For me POIS on day 0 & 1 is basically ok 
Its day 2&3&4 i hate.
I dont know how you judge a pill after only a few hours.
Well, I have experience, I can feel when POIS will come and when it won't come. If I will make a mistake, I will report of course, but it feels okay.

Victor

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: 22/07/2011 18:12:04 »
my experience, the less i get it at the start, the more i'll feel it on Day 3.
Best to judge whether a pill works after day 7 i'd say.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: 22/07/2011 18:33:17 »
my experience, the less i get it at the start, the more i'll feel it on Day 3.
Best to judge whether a pill works after day 7 i'd say.
I had generally 3 days POIS sessions before I started XN injections, while practicing XN injections 3 monthes ago I had 3 days terrible POIS when I decided to try whether I still have POIS or no. Couple of month ago I've changed my day schedule and I'm feeling really great: i get up at 4 am and go to bed at 10 pm. After I selected this schedule I think I'm more resistant to POIS, the last POIS I had couple of weeks ago, lasted only one day.

Warning! Don't try self-injecting on yourself without consultation of qualified medical personnel, you can make yourself permanent injury.

Victor
« Last Edit: 22/07/2011 19:33:26 by victor.kons »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: 23/07/2011 09:39:13 »
Niacin Acid Report, second day.

So, I've tried to take 100mg pure niacin acid in tablets to prevent POIS from starting yesterday.

Yesterday night I had a hard time to sleep and had a tension feelings in my head. Today I've waken up with 20% of POIS I think, had the disgusting feeling of POIS beginning. I had a thought - omg, am I going to break out to POIS completely.... After two hours of morning walk with my wife from 4 am to 6 am, I had a feeling of body fighting the POIS, and now I'm more or less okay hard to tell if I have POIS or no, but no negative symptoms.

Anyways, I'm failed this time. I'm going to wait several days and then try to increase niacin acid dose and try again.

Warning, please consult your doctor before trying to take any medications. Taking niacin acid might cause damage to your liver

Victor

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #14115 on: 23/07/2011 13:50:40 »

Anyways, I'm failed this time. I'm going to wait several days and then try to increase niacin acid dose and try again.

Victor, I think most of us here, me included would think that 20% POIS, that is, an 80% reduction in POIS is certainly NOT a failure.
Thank you for your reports here - They are invaluable to our understanding of what works and what does not. Most Certainly you Have NOT Failed, but are successful in helping to determine an effective treatment.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: 23/07/2011 14:57:48 »
Last night (at about 3AM, because I'm in day 2 today) I was remembering that when I was younger (about 30 or so), I would take Niacin and Vitamin C before going out for a big party where I knew I would be drinking and getting a good hangover, and then I'd take one maybe once during and before going to bed.

This reduced my hangovers dramatically. It would always surprise me! I can;t say they were stopped, but were down to maybe 20% of what it would have been. This was a consistent trick/cure.

So it remonds me a lot of all of this. As I was waking up this morning as a matter of fact, I felt as though I could just as easily be hung-over rather than entering POIS day 2. And it clicked. Is there something in common?

Alcohol also casues histamine release, I think because the system needs to get rid of the toxins caused by the alcohol assimilation. Does the Niacin raise the histamine release barrier or something. Can anybody think of some other mechanism?

I guess I'll have to look on internet to see if they say anything about this "hangover cure".

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: 23/07/2011 19:03:51 »
For me, it is a "too much" of histamine release due to the O/allergic reaction which creates the whole reaction. Perhaps due to a lack of the component used to "delete the effect of histamine". So that, alcohol which gets a lot of histamine naturally can be the explanation of the POIS symptoms feeling even after drinking little alcohol.

For my own case, when I drink  10 cl of a 12 wine (always french :P), I feel like I am in an intense POIS period... it feels like the triggers of my "POIS symptoms" are : O, alcohol and sport. After, I guess we are all different as we noticed by the past !
« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 02:29:20 by Habibou »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: 24/07/2011 05:09:38 »

Daveman, I've always felt a connection somehow between hangovers and POIS.

My hangovers were WAY out of proportion to what I imbibed. Often lasting DAYS.

I quit alcohol and anything else that could produce hangovers. Over 18 years ago.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: 24/07/2011 05:26:10 »
Thank you for the continued reports Victor - your experiments are helping us all! Especially since you have already found a cure for yourself - I for one am very happy that you are trying out the niacin/nicotinic acid solution orally. I dislike injections very much, and of course the injectable XN isn't easy to find in every part of the world.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: 24/07/2011 08:12:52 »
Thank you jivetalk, thank you hurray! Your support means very much to me. Jivetalk, your reports have very much value for us all and for me personally too!

So, day two is POIS free for me. I will edit my reports here and at pois center to reflect this.

Oral form of the drugs is certainly more convenient than injectable. But the thing is many of us have problems with digestion and from my experiments with oral niacin and XN pills I can say that they make digestion problems worser for couple of days. And I'm afraid that oral forms can't be long-term solution for those of us who have these problems with stomach. But it is still great as one-time solution in situation when injectable form is too inconvenient to bother with.

Please get a consultation from your doctor before trying any new drugs or making self-injection, you can do permanent injury to yourself, thank you.

Victor

Offline Guthrie

• View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: 24/07/2011 10:48:16 »
Hi all,

I also had a chance to test Niacin on myself.  On Thursday, I took 300 mg of Niacin on a mostly empty stomach, about 40 minutes before O.  The 'flush' came on pretty quickly (within 5 minutes or so); it was definitely quite noticeable and lasted about an hour--continuing for about 20 minutes after the O.

Results:
The O was at 6:00 pm.  In the hour or so immediately following the O, I felt better than usual.  I didn't feel the usual initial feelings of POIS 'creeping up.'  So that was a positive start.  However, later in the evening, I was feeling a bit out of it, so I began to think that the niacin hadn't prevented POIS. 

However, when I woke up the next morning (Friday), I found that I did NOT have the usual POIS brainfog and emotional/cognitive fatigue.  I would say that the POIS feelings were only at about 15-20% of their usual.  It was certainly a noticeable difference, so perhaps the niacin was effective!  Moreover, the 15-20% lasted throughout the whole day.

So, I would so that the initial experiment was a success.  I'm not sure what accounted for the less-good feelings of the later evening of Day 0, but Day 1 was certainly a big improvement.   Did the niacin simply shorten the POIS episode, so that it mostly ended while I slept on Thursday night?  Or perhaps it prevented POIS entirely, while the problems of the Day 0 evening were not POIS, but a reaction to the niacin.

In any case, I will need to test it again.  Perhaps I should use a little less niacin, since a one-hour flush seems a bit long.  But, it will be good to see if the overall effect is replicable, and if so, how the dosage affects things, and also whether being 'in flush' right at the moment of O makes a difference.

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: 24/07/2011 12:23:35 »
Thank you also to jivetalk, silverandcol and Guthrie! Initial reports seem very promising indeed - I wish I could test niacin for myself, but it's not too easy to buy in my current location ...

All the reports so far seem positive with regards to reducing/eliminating POIS symptoms - perhaps we are on the verge of a breakthrough here  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: 24/07/2011 20:17:22 »

Very exciting developments!

Everyone reading this: please also heed victor.kons' cautionary remarks on the previous page.

Experiment with competent medical supervision only!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: 24/07/2011 20:21:37 »

Thank you also to jivetalk, silverandcol and Guthrie! Initial reports seem very promising indeed - I wish I could test niacin for myself, but it's not too easy to buy in my current location ...

All the reports so far seem positive with regards to reducing/eliminating POIS symptoms - perhaps we are on the verge of a breakthrough here  :)

On this first phase, if we have good success, (let's say 50% of us have 80% relief, or some similar indicator) we should look into why and how it is working. Because one thing is "breakthrough" in finding symptom relief, and another is "breakthrough" as in cure!

Only by identifying the whys and wherefors can we identify what type of breakthrough it is.

If it's not a cure, then, at some point in time it will come out and bite us. Perhaps continual use of XN / Niacin will damage our livers or we may drop investigation and research and find that it isn;t a cure or that it wears off with time or whatever.

So, yes, optimistic and enthiused, anxious, but extremely cautious.

Thanks everybody for the good and responsible (for the most part) testing!

EDIT: I accidentally deleted from iPhone so I reposted - demo
« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 21:21:06 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14124 on: 24/07/2011 20:21:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length