The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6456559 times)

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14150 on: 28/07/2011 06:06:55 »

"4.      Supplement the form of niacin called inositol hexanicotinate.  It can cross the blood brain barrier more effectively than niacin.  It has no flush, while niacin has a flush.  Niacin can increase cell membrane permeability.  Increasing cell permeability can improve the ability of supplements to penetrate into cells.  Dr. Bob advised 100 mg of hexanicotinate in the AM along with methionine supplementation. "

Hey Quasar - welcome to the forum!  I think I'm the only one who's tried inositol hexanicotinate (IH).  I tried it once a couple weeks ago and had a positive result, but a one-time test on my crazy body doesn't mean a whole lot.  I will be starting a new job on Monday so I unfort can't afford to experiment right now.  And when I finally do start experimenting it'll be with XN first.  So I recommend somebody else buy some IH to try and give it a whirl - I don't want to keep everybody waiting on those results.... sorry

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: 28/07/2011 08:46:13 »

If you will now excuse me, I am going to make some 'I LOVE B3' Tshirts to wear around. I think some of you here also made some promises about putting up posters of a certain Guy and his CAT  ;D

That's hilarious!  First of all, I'd love an I heart B3 or maybe even a B3 is my Homeboy t-shirt.  Second, it'd be a bit cruel to have Demo hang up a picture of a banned former-member of the forum.  Victor, do you have a cat??  Maybe a picture of Victor would be a good compromise!  ;D
I think you want the picture of Olga Vasil'evna Bruslenko. She has a CAT, this cat is very strange and she has even a dog, if you prefer dogs :). But if seriously, this is her who was the first to come up with the idea that Niacin should help to get rid of POIS symptoms, not me, and of course not Dmitriy. Dmitriy found out this from me, we still have periodical chats with Dmitriy.

Victor
« Last Edit: 28/07/2011 08:48:11 by victor.kons »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: 28/07/2011 17:16:23 »

If you will now excuse me, I am going to make some 'I LOVE B3' Tshirts to wear around. I think some of you here also made some promises about putting up posters of a certain Guy and his CAT  ;D

That's hilarious!  First of all, I'd love an I heart B3 or maybe even a B3 is my Homeboy t-shirt.  Second, it'd be a bit cruel to have Demo hang up a picture of a banned former-member of the forum.  Victor, do you have a cat??  Maybe
a picture of Victor would be a good compromise!  ;D
I think you want the picture of Olga Vasil'evna Bruslenko. She has a CAT, this cat is very strange and she has even a dog, if you prefer dogs :). But if seriously, this is her who was the first to come up with the idea that Niacin should help to get rid of POIS symptoms, not me, and of course not Dmitriy. Dmitriy found out this from me, we still have periodical chats with Dmitriy.

Victor

Did she ever explain why she thinks XN will work she is the doctor she prolly has the best theory.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: 28/07/2011 17:26:19 »

That's hilarious!  First of all, I'd love an I heart B3 or maybe even a B3 is my Homeboy t-shirt.  Second, it'd be a bit cruel to have Demo hang up a picture of a banned former-member of the forum.  Victor, do you have a cat??  Maybe a picture of Victor would be a good compromise!  ;D

Unfortunately, due to forum space considerations, I had to merge the two (sorry).
« Last Edit: 28/07/2011 17:31:03 by demografx »

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: 28/07/2011 17:35:10 »
haha lol!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: 28/07/2011 17:57:12 »

Did she ever explain why she thinks XN will work she is the doctor she prolly has the best theory.

CCconfucius, I'm just echo-ing / adding on to your question above

Victor - Does Dr. Bruslenko speak English? 

It would be interesting to get a more detailed explanation from her of how she arrived at her Niacin theory, and also, given that she hit the nail on the head, perhaps she has her own theory on exactly WHAT pois is.  I'm especially blown away by the timing of her diagnosis with you - because she recommended Niacin to you even BEFORE Dr. Waldinger's auto-immune theory was published.  These were the 'dark ages' in my mind, when the leading theory on POIS was a hormone deficiency.  We've come a long way. 

Also, I wonder if she's read Dr. Waldinger's papers.  And I bet she'd be interested to learn that there's a forum of 300 people who suffer from POIS and a few of us are beginning to benefit from her treatment.  Perhaps even she'd be a candidate for the NORD research fund.

Have you seen her over the last few weeks and discussed any of these things with her yourself?  What is her specialty as well, I forgot what you told us
« Last Edit: 28/07/2011 18:05:01 by B_Daniel »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: 28/07/2011 18:10:30 »
BD, yes, I agree, it would be terrific to learn more from Dr. Bruslenko and to invite her participation.

edit - strangely, in Google when searching for  "Bruslenko medical", I only find one obscure cardiology footnote for NS Bruslenko, but without matching Olga, etc.
« Last Edit: 28/07/2011 18:25:10 by demografx »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: 28/07/2011 19:20:23 »
BD, yes, I agree, it would be terrific to learn more from Dr. Bruslenko and to invite her participation.

edit - strangely, in Google when searching for  "Bruslenko medical", I only find one obscure cardiology footnote for NS Bruslenko, but without matching Olga, etc.
You will not find her on Internet. She is an old-school doctor.

Victor
« Last Edit: 28/07/2011 19:22:44 by victor.kons »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: 28/07/2011 20:59:39 »
@demografx, thanks a lot for the welcome to this forum.

I searched the internet for the niacin form "inositol hexanicotinate" but it seems it is not as effective as standard niacin.

Besides this, i have a question for you,

Has anyone thought about a virus?

I say this because i have chronic Epstein Barr virus (as many people) and also Herpes virus.

Maybe we all have energy issues, like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. And when we have sex or masturbation, our energy levels sink, so our defenses become lower. Then we feel tired, and resident virus become more powerful until we recover.

I remember before having an Herpes Zoster i had less energy isssues.

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: 28/07/2011 23:02:50 »

I say this because i have chronic Epstein Barr virus (as many people) and also Herpes virus.

Maybe we all have energy issues, like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. And when we have sex or masturbation, our energy levels sink, so our defenses become lower. Then we feel tired, and resident virus become more powerful until we recover.

Yes, the idea has been discussed a number of times.  As you're probably aware, Dr. Waldinger's paper hypothesizes a semen allergy autoimmune response.  One of the first things you should do is try to confirm if you're allergic.  You can get a subcutaneous or skin ***** test by an allergist (if you can find an open minded one willing to use your semen). 

For those of us that have a confirmed POIS-like reaction to just semen it helps focus the search for treatments.  Of course, autoimmune may not be the only cause of POIS, it's just one that's easy to test for. 

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14160 on: 28/07/2011 23:24:15 »

Yes, the idea has been discussed a number of times.  As you're probably aware, Dr. Waldinger's paper hypothesizes a semen allergy autoimmune response.  One of the first things you should do is try to confirm if you're allergic.  You can get a subcutaneous or skin ***** test by an allergist (if you can find an open minded one willing to use your semen). 

For those of us that have a confirmed POIS-like reaction to just semen it helps focus the search for treatments.  Of course, autoimmune may not be the only cause of POIS, it's just one that's easy to test for. 

Thanks Willem for the answer. Yeah, i was aware of the autoinmune theory by Dr. Waldinger. But it's not the same theory. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome caused by Herpes / Epstein Barr, is a different theory. It could be that because POIS sufferers have energy issues (Chronic Fatigue), when we have sex we have even more energy issues.

I think it could be interesting to get checked for Epstein barr, and other Herpes virus. I think there are special tests for chronic Epstein Barr. And one line of treatment are antivirals.

About getting a skin ***** test by an allergist of my semen...i think i am too shy to tell my allergist: "hey, i think i have Pois (this already would be embarrasing), can you please do a skin ***** test with my semen?  [:-[]

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: 29/07/2011 01:29:07 »
Put your shame in a bag and ask it (as I did and many others !)  :) it could make your shape better soon, do not miss this opportunity...

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: 29/07/2011 06:04:02 »
Habibou, very well said!!!

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: 29/07/2011 10:24:46 »
Put your shame in a bag and ask it (as I did and many others !)  :) it could make your shape better soon, do not miss this opportunity...

Thanks Habibou. I'm quite a shy guy, but I'll try to do it!

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: 29/07/2011 11:05:43 »
I've got a question: Has anyone tried the standard procedure for semen allergy? I mean, the procedure they use to treat women for allergy of their men. Check this:

"At the University of Cincinnati, we treat semen allergy by desensitizing women to their sexual partner's semen with injections similar to regular allergy shots. We take ejaculate from the woman's sexual partner and separate the large and small proteins. The woman is skin tested to these proteins to determine which ones she react to. She is then desensitized over several hours to the proteins she reacted to in the skin test. The injections are given every 10 to 15 minutes at increasing concentrations. After the desensitization has been completed, ejaculate is instilled into the woman's vagina. If she has no symptoms, then the treatment has been successful.

It is believed that desensitization induces tolerance to one or more proteins, similar to how standard allergy injections work. We've had over 95 percent success with this treatment, but it's a laborious and costly process and it's hard to get insurance to cover it.

Some clinicians have tried to desensitize women using whole seminal fluid. They dilute the semen and gradually instill increasing concentrations of seminal fluid in the woman's vagina over time. There are several reports of this treatment being successful, but we have not found this treatment to be uniformly successful. Treatments used to treat seasonal allergies, such cromolyn sodium and oral antihistamines, have not been helpful, either."

Does Dr.Waldinger check for specific proteins?

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: 29/07/2011 16:05:51 »

CCconfucius, I'm just echo-ing / adding on to your question above

Victor - Does Dr. Bruslenko speak English? 

It would be interesting to get a more detailed explanation from her of how she arrived at her Niacin theory, and also, given that she hit the nail on the head, perhaps she has her own theory on exactly WHAT pois is.  I'm especially blown away by the timing of her diagnosis with you - because she recommended Niacin to you even BEFORE Dr. Waldinger's auto-immune theory was published.  These were the 'dark ages' in my mind, when the leading theory on POIS was a hormone deficiency.  We've come a long way. 

Also, I wonder if she's read Dr. Waldinger's papers.  And I bet she'd be interested to learn that there's a forum of 300 people who suffer from POIS and a few of us are beginning to benefit from her treatment.  Perhaps even she'd be a candidate for the NORD research fund.

Have you seen her over the last few weeks and discussed any of these things with her yourself?  What is her specialty as well, I forgot what you told us
As far as I know she doesn't speak English and she don't know how to use computer, at least one year ago she didn't know.

I'm not sure about what was her theory, or whether she had a strong theory about POIS at all. Remember that her primary concern was to help me with my edema, not with POIS. POIS just was on her way and she needed to neutralize it somehow to have her treatment work on me. I didn't communicate with her for more then year after that, because the treatment of edema was over and thats it. But I think it would be great to invite and have a "cup of coffee" with her now.

Victor
« Last Edit: 29/07/2011 16:11:49 by victor.kons »

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: 30/07/2011 05:24:51 »

As far as I know she doesn't speak English and she don't know how to use computer, at least one year ago she didn't know.

I'm not sure about what was her theory, or whether she had a strong theory about POIS at all. Remember that her primary concern was to help me with my edema, not with POIS. POIS just was on her way and she needed to neutralize it somehow to have her treatment work on me. I didn't communicate with her for more then year after that, because the treatment of edema was over and thats it. But I think it would be great to invite and have a "cup of coffee" with her now.

Victor

It's ultimately up to you, Victor - but I personally think that'd be both a nice and potentially helpful (for our understanding of POIS) thing to do!  The financially backwards part about being a good doctor is that you lose your patient (and revenue source) as soon as you cure them.  maybe that's why my doctors have been so incompetent...

So do we have a POIS award lying around somewhere that we could hand over to Victor to present to Olga ???  :D  I say that really only half-joking as she really does deserve some recognition from us.
« Last Edit: 30/07/2011 05:26:47 by B_Daniel »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: 30/07/2011 06:49:59 »
Niacin Acid Tablets Report #5.

Yesterday I've tried to experiment with the dose of Niacin Acid used by jivetalk. I took 300mg in Niacin Acid tablets. And I had a very good experience.

Last time I'm working pretty hard - 15 hours a day, and last days I felt pretty bad, my heart started going down because of tiredness. After taking 300mg Niacin Tablets I felt rise of my strength, my heart started working good again and I finished important milestone yesterday in my work after having an O. Also I had pleasant feeling in my head. This time there were not any negative feelings from stomach or liver. So maybe I have started to adapt to Niacin Acid tablets somehow.

After taking 300mg of Niacin Acid I felt flush in 5 minutes and in an hour the flush was pretty strong, but this time it was even pleasant. My face was red, but I didn't feel any discomfort. I had an O in an hour after taking the tablets. I didn't feel any POIS symptoms neither yesterday, nor today in the morning. So, this time niacin acid tablets was as good as XN injections for me.

I'm going to continue taking niacin acid tablets several times more to check whether this result will be stable.

Victor

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: 30/07/2011 07:25:24 »

B_Daniel,

Hahaha..I was really only joking about the T-Shirts :) Great to hear you're fond of the idea though..

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: 30/07/2011 07:26:04 »

Unfortunately, due to forum space considerations, I had to merge the two (sorry).

Demo.......That is GOLD!

Offline jivetalk

• View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: 30/07/2011 07:29:59 »

Yesterday I've tried to experiment with the dose of Niacin Acid used by jivetalk. I took 300mg in Niacin Acid tablets. And I had a very good experience.

Last time I'm working pretty hard - 15 hours a day, and last days I felt pretty bad, my heart started going down because of tiredness. After taking 300mg Niacin Tablets I felt rise of my strength, my heart started working good again and I finished important milestone yesterday in my work after having an O. Also I had pleasant feeling in my head. This time there were not any negative feelings from stomach or liver. So maybe I have started to adapt to Niacin Acid tablets somehow.

After taking 300mg of Niacin Acid I felt flush in 5 minutes and in an hour the flush was pretty strong, but this time it was even pleasant. My face was red, but I didn't feel any discomfort. I had an O in an hour after taking the tablets. I didn't feel any POIS symptoms neither yesterday, nor today in the morning. So, this time niacin acid tablets was as good as XN injections for me.

I'm going to continue taking niacin acid tablets several times more to check whether this result will be stable.

Victor

Victor, Thank you very much for your continued experimentation and reports - I look forward to more of them. I am very Glad to hear that the 300mg of Niacin is almost as good or even the same as a XN injection. I'm going to place an order for some Xan-Pro Tablets soon to see if they are the same/better/worse than Niacin tablets.

I am VERY interested to see and hear about other people's experience with Niacin also - But please adhere to Victor's previous warnings.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: 30/07/2011 17:08:39 »

Victor

Victor, Thank you very much for your continued experimentation and reports - I look forward to more of them. I am very Glad to hear that the 300mg of Niacin is almost as good or even the same as a XN injection. I'm going to place an order for some Xan-Pro Tablets soon to see if they are the same/better/worse than Niacin tablets.

I am VERY interested to see and hear about other people's experience with Niacin also - But please adhere to Victor's previous warnings.

Yes, jivetalk, I agree.

Thank you, Victor, for sharing your experiences, insight and cautionary warnings about Niacin!
« Last Edit: 30/07/2011 17:11:05 by demografx »

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: 30/07/2011 17:23:11 »
I took 3 Xan-Pro tablets (450mg of XN) last night and after a mild flush for 20 mins I had an O.  My POIS today is sub 20% for sure!  Success!  I woke up this morning at 6:30am and had trouble going back to sleep until 8am.  On a POIS day, I wouldve slept til 1pm no problem.  I'll write a follow-up post later to let ya'll know if my pois symptoms creep back later today or not.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: 30/07/2011 17:48:20 »
I have a personal question.  I would love to get some feedback/understanding of this:

So I only realized I had POIS about 3 months ago.  Before that, I hated the fact that I could never think properly, that I was so moody, and that i was always tongue-tied - but that being said I just thought that that was ME.  When i first found this site I wend cold turkey from sexual activity.  haha I wouldn't even turn on my computer :P  Within 3 days the brain fog melted and I was a half-normal person.  Within 7 or 8 days, I would wake up in the morning completely wired - like I was on a drug.  I thought I was the smartest human being on the planet and there was nothing I couldn't do.  I became so witty and having conversations with people became so easy and going out was so much fun.  I could see through other people's lies and at work I could perform mathematical calculations in my head with no problem. etc, etc... 

Fast forward 3 months later, I typically go 5 days between O's now.  The POIS thick, impermeable brain fog melts away after day 2ish, but even by the 5th day I don't feel ANY better than day 2!  I'm a somewhat normal person again, but absolutely no superman.  It's like I'm in a constant state of 10% pois. 

(A few weeks ago I tried to break this and I went 2 weeks No "O".  It didn't do it.  That being said, i think it was one of those rare times I was in a pois funk, and having the O at the end of the 2 weeks got me out of it.  These "funks" btw aren't that rare with me.  I might get 1 in every 8 O's.)

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on with me?

The only explanation that I can think of to all this is that the 1st time I went w no sexual activity for a week and I felt like superman, my load was so FULL that I constantly was fighting the urge to O.  I don't get that anymore.  After day 3 the urges mostly take a backseat in my life now.  I take Saw Palmetto which reduces my urge - perhaps thats a bit of an explanation.

So my main question is, do any of you still feel like Superman when you're out of POIS?  Do I have hope that that can be my norm?

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: 30/07/2011 19:56:39 »
I also get that superhuman feeling while out of POIS sometimes. I used to orgasm about 3 to 5 times a day and if I went 2 days without an orgasm I'd feel normal, but on day 4 or 5 I'd feel revved up, my thoughts came very quickly and clearly, my physical strength increased dramatically, less social anxiety, super pain tolerance, etc. But once I got to that point it is impossible for me to resist any sexual urge and the only time I did go farther than 5 days the superhuman feeling wore off the next day and I merely felt normal. I haven't tried going that long without an orgasm for probly a year though so I don't know if I would still get that reaction.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14174 on: 30/07/2011 19:56:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums