The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6449433 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14450 on: 28/08/2011 20:58:21 »

Guys, i have taken the 100mg Niacin pill 1 hour and a half ago. I haven't noticed anything. I have no flush  >:(

I did take it in a semi-empty stomach. I haven't had sex or masturbate because i want to try it with the flush.

Maybe tomorrow i will take 200mg in an empty stomach.

Why it didn't make a flush for me?

A) I have extremely low B3 levels.
B) Too low serotonin level, even after taken Niacin.
C) My tryptophan--> serotonin connection is screwed.
D) I just had bad luck  >:(

Who knows, i hope tomorrow with 200mg i have better luck!

Quasar, good luck! (But please be careful and get medical advice)

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: 28/08/2011 21:04:48 »
Phrases like "little to no help" are purely opinion, and make unfounded implications of failure.

From the scientific point of view, there is the only solution involving psychopharmaceuticals or ECT, which, in fact, is nothing less than a further dumbing down your already dumbed brain, interpreted as a therapeutical effect......

Incorrect and you know it!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: 28/08/2011 21:10:47 »

Has anybody here tried to masturbate several times in a row (i.e. 4 - 10 times in a few hours) and watched its effects or better - tried to masturbate as many times as possible per day and keep continuing in the following days?

I would venture to say that this would KILL the large majority of us, or most probably land us in the ER.

Please refrain from this line of pursuit, it is not POIS. Perhaps "sexual exhaustion". But NOT POIS! Thank you.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: 28/08/2011 21:18:47 »
Demo, do you really think POIS could kill someone?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: 28/08/2011 21:23:23 »

I've found that Vinpocetine is sold by Solaray, so it should be easy to find a shop to try it. EDIT: It only includes 5mg of Vinpocetine. I think there are other brands that include more quantity.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but PLEASE: we MUST be careful promoting ANY medications here at the forum.

WebMD, for example, advises in opposition to making utilization of vinpocetine since it may boost the danger of bleeding.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT discouraging the posting of potential treatments. Let's just be cautious and warn people of any downside risk. Victor, for example, has been quite diligent in posting warnings about XN.

Please keep in mind that the majority of our audience here are silent viewers. And some of them are quite desperate, and will simply try or take ANYTHING we suggest!

People look up to us posters as "the experts" about POIS. So......we have a responsibility to them since we are in fact in a leadership position.
« Last Edit: 28/08/2011 21:35:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: 28/08/2011 21:24:35 »

Demo, do you really think POIS could kill someone?

Well, judging from the 4 suicidal members who contacted me here, I would have to say yes.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: 28/08/2011 21:33:43 »

I've found that Vinpocetine is sold by Solaray, so it should be easy to find a shop to try it. EDIT: It only includes 5mg of Vinpocetine. I think there are other brands that include more quantity.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but PLEASE: we MUST be careful promoting ANY medications here at the forum.

WebMD, for example, advises in opposition to making utilization of vinpocetine since it may boost the danger of bleeding.

Sorry Demo, you're right, some medications are quite dangerous and we should always make a warning.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: 28/08/2011 21:36:49 »
Quasar, many thanks for your understanding!

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: 28/08/2011 21:41:24 »

No, I don't. I know many people with psychological/psychiatric problems, who have been taking various drugs and they are actually doing worse, fighting with side effects, new or worse problems, being emotionally numbed, just surviving. But to be objective, this is most likely a specific problem isolated in the sphere of psychiatry, not a medicine as a whole.

I am hinting at the fact, the psychiatry is the field, under which the typical profile of POIS sufferer's symptoms belongs best to.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: 28/08/2011 22:07:05 »

I am hinting at the fact, the psychiatry is the field, under which the typical profile of POIS sufferer's symptoms belongs best to.

We have fought too long and too hard AGAINST this nonsense classification of POIS.

I am now asking you - officially - to STOP.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #14460 on: 28/08/2011 22:08:30 »

No, I don't. I know many people with psychological/psychiatric problems, who have been taking various drugs and they are actually doing worse, fighting with side effects, new or worse problems, being emotionally numbed, just surviving. But to be objective, this is most likely a specific problem isolated in the sphere of psychiatry, not a medicine as a whole.

I'm sure most of the medical world sees it this way. I'm also sure that 99% of people with POIS do not see it that way.  My symptoms were mainly cognitive, yet it was only when I was out of POIS that I ever wondered if I had a psychiatric illness, while in it there was no denying that it was a physical reaction with mental results. This belief has been proclaimed many times here, and confirms in my mind that some day we will discover the physical mechanism that produces POIS.

Sorry Demo, no progress on the fMRI. It was just mentioned to me in passing, and I guess it wasn't really that serious of an option. Perhaps I'm not the best person for this anyway as I am chaste.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: 28/08/2011 22:11:16 »

JRD, stop mixing apples with oranges! Everyone here knows that psychopharmaceuticals only usually make POIS worse. Because it ISN'T a psychiatric problem.

I was refering to your implication that "From the scientific point of view, there is the only solution involving psychopharmaceuticals". This is not correct.

I have offered on at least two occasions that we enter into a more technical discusion of your theories, showing mechanisms and proofs that the root cause of POIS is indeed based on withdrawl and addiction. You have not even bothered to answer, and only respond some time later with these insinuations and misleading references.

As Demo says, until there is more proof that it is the cause of POIS and not some other affliction such as sexual exhaustion or CFS you must refrain from this line of pursuit. It is not POIS you refer to. This constitues an official warning. As I was writing this was already said.

I wish to indicate to the rest that it is NOT a matter of us not being open to discuss other possibilities. But as I said, such discussion as befits a science forum, at least by the most determined in this line, has not been accepted.

« Last Edit: 28/08/2011 22:33:00 by daveman »

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: 28/08/2011 22:21:46 »
I was refering to your implication that

Yes, that was meant with regard to that psychiatric examples, not POIS. Sorry, I have not replied to your former question yet, I simply lack my communicational abilities to express what I want now.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: 28/08/2011 22:22:15 »

I'm sure most of the medical world sees it this way. I'm also sure that 99% of people with POIS do not see it that way.  My symptoms were mainly cognitive, yet it was only when I was out of POIS that I ever wondered if I had a psychiatric illness, while in it there was no denying that it was a physical reaction with mental results. This belief has been proclaimed many times here, and confirms in my mind that some day we will discover the physical mechanism that produces POIS.

Sorry Demo, no progress on the fMRI. It was just mentioned to me in passing, and I guess it wasn't really that serious of an option. Perhaps I'm not the best person for this anyway as I am chaste.

THANK YOU, JOHN!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: 28/08/2011 22:35:00 »
The psychiatric MISclassification of POIS has been the single most harmful concept that we have all had to struggle with. Even Dr Waldinger's 2002 very early medical paper strongly disputed it.

As a Science Forum, I propose we move on from medical notions such as bloodletting, leeches, and the like.  ;D

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: 28/08/2011 23:23:32 »

Sorry. I was ironic... But I asked myself what kind of help we could get in a hospital? Intravenous fenugreek? :D

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: 29/08/2011 07:14:02 »

I was on Vinpocetine dropper. Actually it was a mix of different vasolidation and general health supporting drugs. I did not have a relief from Vinpocetine in a dropper. One time, when I was in POIS doctor tried to inject one ampule of Vinpocetine into my vein, note that this was not recommended way to use it, it should have been used in a dropper only. When she did this I felt sudden and complete relief from a POIS instantly. This was only one time experience and it was actually very high dose of Vinpocetine. Thats why I believe this experience is DANGEROUS and DIFFICULT to reproduce. When using Vinpocetin the way it is recommended in the instruction I had no relief from the POIS.

Warning! Don't try any new medications on yourself without consulting with qualified medical personnel, it might make permanent harm to your health. Thank you.

Victor

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: 29/08/2011 07:30:13 »

Are you kidding, if I have one "O" on each of two days in a row, I'm practically ready for the hospital.

If there's anyone here that can have several "O"s per day, I don't think it's POIS that they have.

I disagree with you here, Daveman. I am able to have multiple orgasms a day, but I am always in a constant state of POIS because of this....I suffer from almost every symptom that POIS sufferers have mentioned except for, perhaps, headaches.

Just because my sex drive is higher or the time between orgasm and when I'm able to ejaculate again is shorter than normal doesn't mean that my POIS symptoms are any less debilitating than yours.

If you believe that SE is a milder version of POIS then I have POIS. Not SE.

First, I can't believe you made a Chastity device for yourself VM.  You must have it rough.  And your symptoms after numerous O's sounds TERRIBLE.  By Daveman saying that if you can have multiple O's a day you must not have pois, I'm pretty sure what he was talking about is YOU.  You my friend cannot have multiple O's a day, practically speaking.  the outcome is awful. 

I can, however.  I mean, I can have 4-5 O's in a day.  The result will be me being too tired to physically stay awake... like I were drugged.  I'd awake many hours later but still want to sleep and sleep.  I'd have dark black rings under my eyes and I would have the mental capacity of a chimpanzee.  And I'd be super irritable and not want to be NEAR another human being.  About 24-48 hrs later my terrible state would revert back to my normal POIS state.

So i guess VM really agreed with you, but I'm the one to disagree with you.  Either that, or my "pois" is just sexual exhaustion???  I'd never really considered that.  Or maybe the main difference btwn us is that I fall into the brain fog camp, and you fall into the my body attacks me camp - and that accounts for the difference in our reactions to multiple Os. I dunno 

Offline Itsthatskater

• View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: 29/08/2011 07:48:01 »
What do you guys think would happen if we take a sexual stamina booster like Libido Max? I mean the reviews I have read make the product look incredible, Very curious to see how it would be the day after orgasm. I Took the allergy medicine and i definitely feel alot of relief from the symptoms. Not 100 percent but alot better.

I also gave myself a Harriow for those of you who know what that is lol

And The pinhole glasses are next on the agenda!

Offline makrofag

• View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: 29/08/2011 08:02:31 »
Has anybody here tried to masturbate several times in a row (i.e. 4 - 10 times in a few hours) and watched its effects or better - tried to masturbate as many times as possible per day and keep continuing in the following days?

Are you kidding, if I have one "O" on each of two days in a row, I'm practically ready for the hospital.

If there's anyone here that can have several "O"s per day, I don't think it's POIS that they have.

I just noticed this. You are basically the owner of the poiscenter.com and you are doubting other people just because you can't handle more than 2 O's??? That is a very dangerous stance because you are comparing yourself to other people.

I guess I need to remind you that people always suffer the same ailment differently. Just look at such a "simple" thing as a flu. Even with flu if you compare two infected you can find many differences in the symptoms.

And about that psychiatric thing.. how many people have had panic attacks with POIS? I bet ALOT.. we shouldn't rule out anything. But of course psychologist and psychiatrists won't help a single POIS patients especially with the pharmaceuticals that proved to be absolutely ineffective. But maybe there's more to this topic of brain functions - people reported some interesting phenomenons already. Also Remember when that russian guy came in and was proposing XN? One of the moderators here said it was "quackery". I admit he was very suspicious from start but then this approach turned out to be a good thing which seems to help everyone who tries it.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: 29/08/2011 09:25:18 »

I just noticed this. You are basically the owner of the poiscenter.com and you are doubting other people just because you can't handle more than 2 O's??? That is a very dangerous stance because you are comparing yourself to other people.

I guess I need to remind you that people always suffer the same ailment differently. Just look at such a "simple" thing as a flu. Even with flu if you compare two infected you can find many differences in the symptoms.

And about that psychiatric thing.. how many people have had panic attacks with POIS? I bet ALOT.. we shouldn't rule out anything. But of course psychologist and psychiatrists won't help a single POIS patients especially with the pharmaceuticals that proved to be absolutely ineffective. But maybe there's more to this topic of brain functions - people reported some interesting phenomenons already. Also Remember when that russian guy came in and was proposing XN? One of the moderators here said it was "quackery". I admit he was very suspicious from start but then this approach turned out to be a good thing which seems to help everyone who tries it.
Sometimes "quackery" people use non-quackery knowledge. It was me who have told this Russian guy to try XN. The XN solution was found by Olga Vasil'evna Bruslenko, who was my doctor for a while. And this guy succeeded. Long before this event I told at this forum about my experience with XN and no one bother to try it. So, what to do? Blame me that I didn't insist and begged others to try the drug. Or say this guy was right and everyone should do like him, e.g. lie everyone about research which didn't exist and show himself in a light of a person who brings you the knowledge?

Such way or another it turned out that this knowledge made itself the way to several people and helped them. But please let's stick to the truth, don't be mislead. Olga Bruslenko found this drug to help POIS symptomps. I told about this solution at russian and english forums. And Dmitriy used this information and behaved exactly like a quackery person.

But even with all this mess, if you are analyzing facts with caution, experiment with caution and try to ACTIVELY seek the solution for yourself you will get the good results.

Victor

Offline makrofag

• View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: 29/08/2011 10:36:31 »

Sometimes "quackery" people use non-quackery knowledge. It was me who have told this Russian guy to try XN. The XN solution was found by Olga Vasil'evna Bruslenko, who was my doctor for a while. And this guy succeeded. Long before this event I told at this forum about my experience with XN and no one bother to try it. So, what to do? Blame me that I didn't insist and begged others to try the drug. Or say this guy was right and everyone should do like him, e.g. lie everyone about research which didn't exist and show himself in a light of a person who brings you the knowledge?

Such way or another it turned out that this knowledge made itself the way to several people and helped them. But please let's stick to the truth, don't be mislead. Olga Bruslenko found this drug to help POIS symptomps. I told about this solution at russian and english forums. And Dmitriy used this information and behaved exactly like a quackery person.

But even with all this mess, if you are analyzing facts with caution, experiment with caution and try to ACTIVELY seek the solution for yourself you will get the good results.

Victor

Victor: I'm missing the point of your post. The bottom line is that without the guy stirring up the conversation again the XN would not be "discovered" and tried by other users. If he was banned and his posts deleted right just after his first posts the XN/Niacin would be forgotten again.

My point to not to discard any idea that hasn't been really tried. God knows if there was an answer on this forum to POIS already and it was overlooked or discarded (maybe even silenced) because of the strong bias to the small number of theories here (which are still sadly just unproven theories).

If your doctor was just following what Waldinger put into the papers she would with a very big probability never ever tried the vasolidators with you.

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: 29/08/2011 11:19:43 »
Good morning,

Today i've taken another 100mg Niacin. This time in an empty stomach. I did feel my ears flush, but my face didn't.

I didn't have time to have an O. because i have some work to do, and i cannot risk it yet.

But i can tell you the few things i noticed from taking 100mg:

1) I can feel it's good for my scalp. Usually, i have a tender scalp that is worse under Pois. But it seems Niacin helped a lot. It may improve scalp circulation.

2) I noticed a little change in my breathing. I am a little asthmatic. I don't know yet if Niacin helps, or makes worse asthma. It's feels like less asthma but less air volume capacity too. I don't know yet.

When i have some free time i'll try to take a little more Niacin and to have an O. to see if it helps with Pois.

Remember to be very cautious taking Niacin as it can be toxic at high doses!
« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 22:37:05 by demografx »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: 29/08/2011 12:19:06 »

Victor

Victor: I'm missing the point of your post. The bottom line is that without the guy stirring up the conversation again the XN would not be "discovered" and tried by other users. If he was banned and his posts deleted right just after his first posts the XN/Niacin would be forgotten again.
Yes, it would have been forgotten for some time. But then it would showed up again after a while. Because nonetheless I continued to recommend this solution for people seeking for help, and Dmitry was one of these people. So, it would appear again and again at this forum such way or another. It would appear later, no questions, but it would appear, I'm sure.

My point to not to discard any idea that hasn't been really tried. God knows if there was an answer on this forum to POIS already and it was overlooked or discarded (maybe even silenced) because of the strong bias to the small number of theories here (which are still sadly just unproven theories).

If your doctor was just following what Waldinger put into the papers she would with a very big probability never ever tried the vasolidators with you.
My point is the same - we shouldn't discard non-mainstream theories and solutions, this is especially true for the experiments carried out by our members, the experiments with reproducible results are valueable source of information which can't be underestimated.

But at the same time we should clearly identify quackery and decouple it from the ideas that come with it. We should take the ideas but do not fall into trap of quackery at the same time, that is my another point.

Victor
« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 12:20:41 by victor.kons »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: 29/08/2011 14:23:26 »

Makrofag,

OK you have a point, but I want to clarify!

I don't doubt anybody here on this forum. It's not a matter of whether someone believes they have POIS or not, it's a matter of interpretation of what POIS is. Perhaps JRD wasn't as delicate as he should have been in refering to POIS as a mystical condition, but we can't permit that after 4.5 yrs of hard work that POIS receeds to a position that "it doesn't exist, or is in our heads". We have to be careful that we don't treat POIS as though it were something else.

And that's the problem, it's a sensitive area that leaves open the possibility to enter with whatever theory (yet again) based on some fuzzy definition leading a whole herd of sufferes down yet again another false road.

As far as whether or not multiple "O"s in a day represent a POIS suffere or not, may not be entirely clear. The only existing poll right now on this matter in the other forum indicates surprisingly enough that the votes are dividied among: more than 2 "O"s per day and more than 2 wks per "O"!!!

The main difference between sexual exhaustion and POIS, is precisely that those with sexual exhaustion suffer because they deplete certain components in their system because it can't keep up. It is well possible that Niacin for exampe could work for both cases, POIS and SE because it bolsters the components that deplete or are depleted. But since we are running a POIS forum we have to try to work toward solving the problem of POIS with a methodology that is directed AT POIS and not something else. The cause of the depletion in either case is different.

However, a test to determine which is POIS and which is S/E would be to abstain for much larger periods. A sexual exhaustion sufferer could eventually normalize, in some cases after properly medically resetting the system.

A S/E sufferer may require a year or more to get his system back to normal. A POIS sufferer, without intervention will never get his system back to normal nor be able to reset it.

But the implication is that someone in POIS (or S/E) suffers from having multiple "O"s. My case, although it may seem exagerated, according to our (limited) numbers, is typical. And there are those that can have multiple orgasms, but as we saw here in the couple of responses to my post,they suffer. I'm sorry, but I don't agree that we should be asking our members to expose themselves in such a way just to try to make a point that wouldn't even demonstrate a reality in the end. We all know that multiple orgasms means PAIN.

What I've been trying to say for some time now, is that we've got to stop treating POIS in a willy nilly manner. Perhaps, if we are not clear over the differences between POIS and S/E, or CFS, it's because of this! A failure is not a failure, with all the data, a success is not a sucess without it! I don't care what anybody wants to believe, but we have to start acting in a responsible manner. Find support for you ideas.

The medical support for auto-immune is quite strong, yet many don't believe it. That's their option. Then find alternate support and present it.

The other forum is to be dedicated more towards more specific testing and development of the various methodologies. If you look back, with the whole introduction of XN with Victor, I immediately opened a thread over there to try to treat it in a more controlled fashion. Rather than shut it out. That thread lead to certain procedures that increased the effectivity and permitted the use of something more readily available. Niacin when properly used is as effective a XN. That has lead to another interesting lead shown in a new thread: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=197.0 which shows why vitamin B3 (naicin) probably works so well for POIS.

« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 16:13:53 by daveman »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14474 on: 29/08/2011 14:23:26 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length