The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6448153 times)

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14475 on: 29/08/2011 18:55:30 »
POIS symptoms are caused by a PHYSICAL reaction to orgasm or ejaculation.

Can we all agree on this? I feel if we can all agree on this single point then we can move out of this argument of whether it is a psychological or physical problem.

« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 18:57:09 by Vincent Marcus »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: 29/08/2011 19:06:25 »

Can we all agree on this? I feel if we can all agree on this single point then we can move out of this argument of whether it is a psychological or physical problem.
Yes, I fully agree with this point.

Victor

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: 29/08/2011 19:47:11 »
I want to ask a question here:
I would like to post it also in Romanian, if there is no problem.

Is there anyone from Romania on this forum or visiting this forum  and/or know anything about a doctor in Romania interested in POIS? I would realy like to know this. You can send me a PM or write directly here on this forum. I hadn't think to ask this directly here before.

In romanian:
Este cineva din cei ce citesc acest forum din Romania? Cunoasteti vre-un doctor care e interesat de cazuri de POIS sau aveti vre-o informatie folositoare?... as dori daca se poate sa imi timiteti un PM sau sa scrieti direct pe forum raspunsul.
Multumesc.

« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 19:49:34 by emi_b »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: 29/08/2011 20:29:37 »

It's been over 2 yrs now that the whole idea of psychological has been disproven. We have a real ailment that is NOT in our heads.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: 29/08/2011 21:46:49 »

It's been over 2 yrs now that the whole idea of psychological has been disproven. We have a real ailment that is NOT in our heads.

There is NO QUESTION that this is true.

Now let's please move on to productive areas.

Keep in mind that we do NOT have the luxury of following everyone's fanciful notion. Our time is precious and limited and we will follow the most likely productive payoff.

The vast majority of longterm POIS thought has clearly decided that the pursuit of psychological/psychiatric causes is not just dead wrong. It is HARMFUL. If you disagree, please look elsewhere, or start your own forum.

Sorry to come down hard, but too many POIS lives have been RUINED by this kind of medical ignorance. Daveman and I will not permit that here in any way shape or form.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: 29/08/2011 22:52:17 »

Is there anyone from Romania on this forum or visiting this forum  and/or know anything about a doctor in Romania interested in POIS? I would realy like to know this. You can send me a PM or write directly here on this forum. I hadn't think to ask this directly here before.

In romanian:
Este cineva din cei ce citesc acest forum din Romania? Cunoasteti vre-un doctor care e interesat de cazuri de POIS sau aveti vre-o informatie folositoare?... as dori daca se poate sa imi timiteti un PM sau sa scrieti direct pe forum raspunsul.
Multumesc.

Dr. John Dean, the past president of ISSM (International Society for Sexual Medicine)  is currently Professor Invitat at the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania.
Telefon: 0256/204400, 0256/204250
http://www.sexualmedicine.org/JohnDean.asp

Contact him and show the 2 papers by Dr Waldinger published in JSM (Journal of Sexual Medicine). JSM is affiliated with ISSM!!

« Last Edit: 29/08/2011 23:35:45 by demografx »

Offline emi_b

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: 30/08/2011 10:26:50 »

In romanian:
Multumesc.

Dr. John Dean, the past president of ISSM (International Society for Sexual Medicine)  is currently Professor Invitat at the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania.
Telefon: 0256/204400, 0256/204250
newbielink:http://www.sexualmedicine.org/JohnDean.asp [nonactive]

Contact him and show the 2 papers by Dr Waldinger published in JSM (Journal of Sexual Medicine). JSM is affiliated with ISSM!!

Thank you very much for the response.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: 30/08/2011 19:42:08 »
emi_b, Dr Dean is also an associate editor at JSM along with Dr Waldinger.

While Dr Dean  may not know much about POIS (most physicians sadly do not!), as past President of ISSM could recommend someone suitable in Romania.

Best wishes on finding POIS medical help in Romania, emi_b! :)

« Last Edit: 30/08/2011 19:46:10 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: 30/08/2011 19:48:34 »

NORD's accounting department advised us that $200 in donations for the POIS Research Fund was recently received!

Thank you, DONORS!! This is such uplifting news!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: 30/08/2011 20:55:32 »
Hi all,

There's been an unfounded push lately to stab at the credibility of POIS and the several lines ("TRT", auto-immune, XN as examples), that have been more widely credited.

This has caused a disturbance in the advance of the forum. We are open to discuss new issues, however when backup for a theory is requested by moderators, it should be sought and produced, or at the very least a discussion followed which leads to where and how such information can be found.

We need to  insist on quality material (as we always have) but this does not mean that new material cannot be taken on.

We cannot afford much in the way of conjecture and pure philosophical speculation.

Best wishes to everyone for a 100% elimination of POIS. SOON!!!

« Last Edit: 30/08/2011 21:58:37 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: 30/08/2011 21:05:50 »
emi_b, Dr Dean is also an associate editor at JSM along with Dr Waldinger.

While Dr Dean  may not know much about POIS (most physicians sadly do not!), as past President of ISSM could recommend someone suitable in Romania.

Best wishes on finding POIS medical help in Romania, emi_b! :)

Hi Demografx.

Thank you very much for your sugestion.
The link you gave to me (doctor's site) is very good. I've phoned at Victor Babes University, and the person that responded didn't knew anything about him, so I am thinking to contact him and ask him directly, as you said he could know to recommend me to go to a good doctor here in ROmania, or anything helpfull.

Thanky you,
Emi_B

This contact can help you locate Dr Dean:

Jason Roberts
Managing Editor, JSM
36 Old Mill Lane
Plymouth, MA 02360, USA
Fax: (+1) 508-242-1184
Phone: (+1) 617-417-6269
Email: jsm@issm.info

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: 30/08/2011 23:58:23 »
I've taken ginkgo biloba pills three times recently and I've noticed mild improvement in concentration and mental energy the hours following taking the pills. Each time I was about ready to take a nap to fend off my mental exhaustion, but after taking the pills I was able to stay awake for the remaining hours and fall asleep with no trouble at my usual bed time. I feel it may have had a slight anxiety-reducing effect as well.

The first time I took a single 120mg pill around late noon and the only thing I noticed was that I didn't feel tired anymore. The second time I took three 120mg pills and 2 hrs later I easily noticed an improvement in my ability to focus as well as slightly reduced anxiety, however I also noticed a faint swelling feeling in my head as if I had a small headache although it was painless. The third time I took two pills and noticed the same effects, but with less of the odd swelling feeling. There were a few days in between each trial. Also I'm still taking fenugreek + garlic every morning.

Next I'll try a single pill again to see if I missed the other positive effects the first time. I'll report back to let you guys know if repeated trials yield the same results for me.
« Last Edit: 31/08/2011 00:09:26 by Vincent Marcus »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: 31/08/2011 00:11:09 »
I've taken ginkgo biloba pills three times recently and I've noticed mild improvement in concentration and mental energy each time. Each time I was about ready to take a nap to fend off my mental exhaustion, but after taking the pills I was able to stay awake for the remaining hours and fall asleep with no trouble at my usual bed time. I feel it may have had a slight anxiety-reducing effect as well.

The first time I took a single 120mg pill around late noon and the only thing I noticed was that I didn't feel tired anymore. The second time I took three 120mg pills and 2 hrs later I easily noticed an improvement in my ability to focus as well as slightly reduced anxiety, however I also noticed a faint swelling feeling in my head as if I had a small headache although it was painless. The third time I took two pills and noticed the same effects, but with less of the odd swelling feeling. There were a few days in between each trial. Also I'm still taking fenugreek + garlic every morning.

Next I'll try a single pill again to see if I missed the other positive effects the first time. I'll report back to let you guys know if repeated trials yield the same results for me.

I did take ginkgo for a time, but it did nothing to me.

What helped me a little was Ginseng. I bought a good quality brand, in liquid extract form, and it helped a little my energy levels, and was a little less fatigued post-orgasm. It was not a cure for POIS, but helped my fatigue.

At present i'm not taking it because it was an expensive brand, but if i could, i would take it every day.

If anyone wants to know the brand i was taking, i can tell you in a private message.
« Last Edit: 31/08/2011 00:13:27 by Quasar »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: 31/08/2011 00:28:08 »
Quasar, I think it'd be fine to post the brand right here at the forum seeing as there are most likely some silent readers who would be interested in knowing. But a pm would be fine as well. I'll probly get around to trying ginseng pretty soon.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: 31/08/2011 02:23:38 »
VM and Quasar, many thanks for the updates.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14490 on: 31/08/2011 04:14:17 »

NORD's accounting department advised us that $200 in donations for the POIS Research Fund was recently received!

Thank you, DONORS!! This is such uplifting news!!!

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: 31/08/2011 11:42:36 »
Quasar, I think it'd be fine to post the brand right here at the forum seeing as there are most likely some silent readers who would be interested in knowing. But a pm would be fine as well. I'll probly get around to trying ginseng pretty soon.

Ok then, i used the ILHWA brand, but it has to be the "extract" form, because the "capsules" are not steamed, so their are only white ginseng. The extract is white ginseng too, but it's low-temp steamed, so it has, supposedly, the benefits from both white and red ginseng.

I used to dilute a small spoon of the extract with a hot cup of green tea.

But i suppose other brands are effective too, and not so expensive. You should look for high quality red korean ginseng extract. I don't know if other types, like American or Siberian ginsengs are as effective.

BTW, talking about roots, another root that helps me a little too is fresh Ginger. I buy it at the market or greengrocer. I take a raw slice and chew it for some minutes and then swallow it. Ginger is supposed to help with inflammation and testosterone support too.

But then again, note that these herbs help a little, but they don't cure Pois.
« Last Edit: 31/08/2011 12:59:04 by Quasar »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: 31/08/2011 14:55:39 »
I went to Dr Goldmeier for an appointment and the Intradermal test with my own semen and it turned Positive : I got a spot of 20 mm diameter and a thickness of 5 mm !  The area around was totally red. I got it from the immunologist and he said I was definitively positive to my own semen !

Even the skin ***** test was already positive and the intradermal was done with a dilution of 1/40 000
(here is the result in pictures, I do not know if we can see it well)
  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: 31/08/2011 16:26:12 »
THANK YOU, HABIBOU!

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: 31/08/2011 19:28:53 »
Thanks a lot Habibou! Dr. Goldmeier is in the U.K., right? Has he had an appointment only for you, or is he having several appointments with Pois sufferers?

So, i undertand they made you a skin p.r.i.c.k test and an Intradermal test? Both positive? The Intradermal test is part of the treatment, or is it only for testing purposes? Are you going to be treated by him? If so, is his approach similar to Waldinger's?

BTW: The pictures are GREAT! It shows clearly that you have an allergy.
« Last Edit: 31/08/2011 19:39:49 by Quasar »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: 31/08/2011 20:58:28 »

Thanks a lot Habibou! Dr. Goldmeier is in the U.K., right? Has he had an appointment only for you, or is he having several appointments with Pois sufferers?

Dr Goldmeier, UK, is one of this forum's strongest allies.

We highly recommend him. You can email him.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: 31/08/2011 23:53:27 »

So, i undertand they made you a skin p.r.i.c.k test and an Intradermal test? Both positive? The Intradermal test is part of the treatment, or is it only for testing purposes? Are you going to be treated by him? If so, is his approach similar to Waldinger's?

BTW: The pictures are GREAT! It shows clearly that you have an allergy.

Thank you Demo, Quasar and B_jim ! :)
Yes, dr Goldmeier is very understanding and i suggest you see him if you are nearby or from UK! He already has seen some pois patients and some from the forum too! It was very expensive for all the test and consultation, but at least it was a pleasure to finally see a doctor who leads the test instead of having to tell the doctor What to do...! I will have my blood test result and I could then tell you What options i will take to treat me ( desensitization would be the best long term one according to me...) I also benefited from the fact i was in London to buy Niacin 500mg with flush :P
To finish, the team told me i also get in addition to Pois the Chronical Tirness Syndrome due to too many Pois sessions in a row probably...( i kind of believed it already myself!) They think i should get cure quite easily of this CFS since i don't have hypersomnia!

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: 01/09/2011 03:55:20 »
Sorry for not posting in a while, I try to keep POIS low-key, I just try not to think about it... :[

Has anybody mentally felt any benefits from the allergy test/skin *****, where they put semen inside their skin.  Desensitization?  I believe... Has anybody honestly felt any benefits from that?

And, I "O'd" 4 times yesterday, the first 3 one after the other.  Felt a sense of calmness, but as time progressed, it gradually morphed itself into a panic/anxiety thing which is what POIS is for me.  I don't get any physical affects.  Also I see flashing lights which indicates a migraine? 

POIS still lasts only about a duration of a day for me, which is good compared to two weeks 2 years ago.

I was reading in a prior post about someone alternating between a serious POIS state and a state of overconfidence.  I totally agree, there is rarely a middle ground where you get to know yourself.

I believe I posted a few months ago about Migranal I tested out for a migraine.  <--Pois symptoms, flashing lights.  I remember it doing its job, but I took it on day 2 which is when I am usually free of most symptoms.  I think I might try to get my hands on some of the prescribed migranal and see if their are real benefits.

Also, shouldn't masturbation be a sort of desensitization?  As your body gets used to it every time one reaches orgasm.  And the sperm is always in your body?  shouldn't that desensitize you?  Sorry I'm just a bit confused here.

« Last Edit: 01/09/2011 03:58:42 by GoingCrazy »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: 01/09/2011 04:11:43 »
Also, I'd like to see a study of normal men injected with their own semen.  Because if we can approve that 100% of normal non-pois men do not flare up after having a skin ***** test, and over 90% of us do, that is some useful information and would definitely persuade me that an allergy to semen is what can be causing all of this havoc and instability.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: 01/09/2011 06:07:00 »
GoingCrazy, yes, we definitely need more research on non-POIS controls.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14499 on: 01/09/2011 06:07:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums