The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6446086 times)

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14525 on: 02/09/2011 21:25:41 »
A question to the veterans on this forum:

can we dismiss POIS as not being a sort of candida/yeast infection??

Yeah, a year or two ago I went to the doctors and we discussed the possibility of candida and POIS.  He said the two wouldn't be connected at all.  candida wouldn't cause those feelings.

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: 02/09/2011 21:34:54 »
A question to the veterans on this forum:

can we dismiss POIS as not being a sort of candida/yeast infection??

I have considered this too. 3 years ago I was on a strict anti-Candida diet for 3 months. No change at all. So, candida and pois? Negative.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: 02/09/2011 21:43:18 »
Is Vandemolen still around? I haven't read any posts from him in a while... especially interesting are his updates on the desensitization he was getting at Dr Waldinger's!

I got this message from him:
I am fine. Thanks. I feel relief. I think I have 40 % less symptoms. Now I have only 2 days of POIS. Before the therapy 4 days. Now day 1 is like how day 2 used to be. And day 2 is like day 4.
I am now on 1/70 of dillution. Next Thursday I will have a 1/50 shot. And about 6 weeks I will be on the maximum: 1/20. Then the relief should go faster.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: 02/09/2011 21:54:03 »
not
 starting argument about whether semen allergy is cause of pois just cyting evidence about what the immune system can do to the body and brain.  sjogren's syndrome is an auto immune diesease that causes fatigue and some mental sysmptoms we poisers get. And supposedly serena williams has it.

What are the symptoms? The two classic hallmarks of Sjögren's syndrome are dry eyes that feel itchy or gritty, as if there’s sand in them, and a dry cottony mouth that makes it hard to swallow. Other symptoms include joint pain, swelling or stiffness, swollen salivary glands (particularly the ones behind the jaw and in front of the ears), dry nose or nosebleeds, heartburn, brain fog (trouble concentrating or remembering), tooth decay, abnormal liver function, numbness or tingling in the hands and feet, extreme fatigue, skin rashes, vaginal dryness, persistent bronchitis, pneumonia or lung disease, reports the Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: 02/09/2011 22:07:20 »
Is Vandemolen still around? I haven't read any posts from him in a while... especially interesting are his updates on the desensitization he was getting at Dr Waldinger's!

I got this message from him:
I am fine. Thanks. I feel relief. I think I have 40 % less symptoms. Now I have only 2 days of POIS. Before the therapy 4 days. Now day 1 is like how day 2 used to be. And day 2 is like day 4.
I am now on 1/70 of dillution. Next Thursday I will have a 1/50 shot. And about 6 weeks I will be on the maximum: 1/20. Then the relief should go faster.

In light of these great results by vandemolen, those of you still looking for doctors to do semen allergy shouldnt give up.  Within my small state i have found two doctors that are willing to do the therapy. One of them changed his mind though because of distance but another one has agreed to do it (hopefully he dosnt change his mind).

my advice for searching; 
check every nook and corner
try university hospital doctors
try independent doctors(the ones that have agreed to do it were independent doctors)
whenever i sent them messages: i included dr waldingers papers and other papers, my psychologist letter proving my mental symptoms, and results from dr bewtra in creighton university, and a sob letter discribing how pois is destroying my life and now you can  add proofs that it is helping others you know.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: 02/09/2011 23:01:52 »
So, today i tried again 100mg Niacin and i had an O. 1 hour later. I was afraid to try 200mg because first i want to be comfortable with 100mg. I noticed a flush in my ears.

Niacin seemed to help with my scalp tenderness and headache after the O. This time my worst symptom was my stomach area. It's in the left abdomen, and immediately after having an O. it gets bloated and hurts. It's like having an stomach migraine or "abdominal migraine". I hate it  >:(

Can anyone confirm this abdominal pain and bloating? Specially in the left area?

Quasar, is this pain in the stomach new, just with the Niacin?

I often get pains in the abdomen, I have the feeling they originate in the lower abdomen area (above and to the side of the prostate) with reflections that appear higher up. In my case they're mostly on the right.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: 02/09/2011 23:54:58 »
Even here in Chile believe it or not CCconfucious there is a doctor doing desensitization. For any Chileans, send me a PM and I can get you the information.

Looking for Niacin is a nother situation. I found a 300mg gel cap with Vitamin C. They say that this is ALL there is made here in Chile. Sounds like a rare bird. Didn't buy it yet, it cost 20 bucks for 60 capsules. 300 mg is a lot and being a gel cap, it might be hard to divide. If it where dividable, it would be 180 doses. Still kind of expensive.

And I don't know what effect Vit C would have. Probably none negative.

I'm going to see if there is some other make.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: 03/09/2011 00:59:31 »

POIS Research Fund Total: $2835

AND RISING

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: 03/09/2011 01:12:58 »
emi_b found this, searching the Internet:

Name: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome "POIS": Case report

Authors:
Abdalla M Attia*, Magda H Al-Ziny, Hossam A Yasien
*Corresponding author: Andrology Unit, Minoufiya University, Shibin El Kom, Eygpt

For more info, check out emi_b's  SMF POIS thread:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=191.0;topicseen

THANK YOU, EMI_B!
« Last Edit: 03/09/2011 01:16:01 by demografx »

Offline Itsthatskater

• View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: 03/09/2011 03:03:56 »
I think im going to take 5 Hour energy tomorrow to see how it helps, Quite a bit of niacin in there too.

Am i the only lucky soul on this site who only gets POIS 24-48 hours?
« Last Edit: 03/09/2011 03:08:24 by Itsthatskater »

Offline AceofSpades

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14535 on: 03/09/2011 07:56:53 »
Hello,

I just saw this disease on the news.

feature=BFa&list=SL&lf=list_related

(The clip talks about the disease at 35:46)

and I couldn't help to notice that it seems like the disease is related to the semen of the males (at least in some cases). Anyway, I (also a male) discovered male multiple orgams a while back, which are non-ejaculatory. I couldn't help to think that this might help at least in some case of POIS.

Now, I do not suffer from POIS myself, however when I learned of the disease, I instantly asked myself if non-ejaculatory orgams could be an answer (at least in part) to the problem.

Would it or has it been?

Offline Zoop

• View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: 03/09/2011 09:23:09 »
I get POIS from excitement all alone.
Different hypothesis :
- i'm allergic to my pre seminal fluid (that doesn't exclude the possibility of being allergic to my sperm)
- excitement trigger sperm mixing, that could be eliminated later in urine
- this is not an allergy

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: 03/09/2011 09:53:16 »
Did someone tried the Scrotal Tug? I noticed when i pull my testicles away from body i get any pois the day after. I tried it with XN and i felt great but now i didnt make it, just XN and i feel pois :/

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: 03/09/2011 11:27:28 »
Different hypothesis :
- i'm allergic to my pre seminal fluid (that doesn't exclude the possibility of being allergic to my sperm)
- this is not an allergy

Well, take a look at this quote: “They didn’t feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating…, but as soon as the semen came from the testes …they became ill, sometimes within a few minutes.”, which is exactly, what Dr. Waldinger said and what was paraphrased in various articles.

It is counterintuitive for me to think, that an isolated sexual fantasy or getting an arousal would cause allergic reaction rather than physical masturbation (which is induced by sexual desire) without ejaculation itself.

Offline Zoop

• View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: 03/09/2011 12:59:33 »
Different hypothesis :
- this is not an allergy

Well, take a look at this quote: “They didn’t feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating…, but as soon as the semen came from the testes …they became ill, sometimes within a few minutes.”, which is exactly, what Dr. Waldinger said and what was paraphrased in various articles.

It is counterintuitive for me to think, that an isolated sexual fantasy or getting an arousal would cause allergic reaction rather than physical masturbation (which is induced by sexual desire) without ejaculation itself.
I don't think that thoughts can trigger an allergy.

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: 03/09/2011 13:03:39 »

When I'm aroused I usually don't get POIS, however if there's precum I will get a light version of POIS. Sometimes when I think I quit just in time, I still get POIS, so not really sure what's happening down there. Maybe some precum already left the shelter and is causing the problems, but not visisble to yourself yet (it is still inside the p****). Sometimes when I get symptoms and then check 15 minutes later I can feel at the top of my P**** that there is some precum I didn't notice before.

So to conclude, I think distinction between ejaculation and no ejaculation is too easy, should include precum.
In regards to thoughts of excitement leading to pois, I think this is because of precum. And because precum is not always easy visible to pois-ers, those pois-ers think it was just the thoughts, but it was not. My theory.
« Last Edit: 03/09/2011 13:07:03 by rock27 »

Offline JRD

• View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: 03/09/2011 14:01:58 »

Yes and that's the whole point. Even if the thought itself activated some physiological processes resulting in an autoimmune response, it is clear, that this would happened during masturbation without ejaculating as well. But Dr. Waldinger claims, that masturbation without ejaculating does not bring POIS.

Offline horizon

• View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: 03/09/2011 14:02:22 »

It has been found that in people with multi-personality disorder, they will test positive allergic to a substance in one personality, and negative to the same substance when in their other personality.

Many doctors/medicine in general are now moving away from the old Newtonian physics that drugs are the answer to chronic problems, and more towards the quantum physics way of thinking that, the mind and energy fields are the key to chronic illness, if watch you the whole of the living matrix you'll get the idea, which is why NLP & reiki etc are good for chronic illhealth.
The Living Matrix

Anyways, it has been known since 1899 that everybody are probably allergic to their semen.

1899-1900 Sperm recognized as immunogenic (will cause an autoimmune reaction if transplanted from the testis into a different area of the body) by Lansteiner (1899) and Metchinikoff, (1900)
Immune privilege in the testis
Sperm are immunogenic - that is they will cause an autoimmune reaction if transplanted from the testis into a different part of the body. This has been demonstrated in experiments using rats by Lansteiner (1899) and Metchinikoff (1900) , mice and guinea pigs . The likely reason for this is that sperm first mature at puberty, after immune tolerance is established, therefore the body recognizes them as foreign and mounts an immune reaction against them. Since sperm do not die in the testis, mechanisms for their protection must exist in this organ. The blood-testis barrier is likely to contribute to the survival of sperm. However, it is believed in the field of testicular immunology that the blood-testis barrier cannot account for all immune suppression in the testis, due to (1) its incompleteness at a region called the rete testis and (2) the presence of immunogenic molecules outside the blood-testis barrier, on the surface of spermatogonia . Another mechanism which is likely to protect sperm is the suppression of immune responses in the testis . Both the suppression of immune responses and the increased survival of grafts in the testis have led to its recognition as an immunologically privileged site. Other immunologically privileged sites include the eye, brain and uterus.

http://www.reference.com/browse/testicular+immunology
« Last Edit: 03/09/2011 16:21:54 by horizon »

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: 03/09/2011 14:44:28 »
So, today i tried again 100mg Niacin and i had an O. 1 hour later. I was afraid to try 200mg because first i want to be comfortable with 100mg. I noticed a flush in my ears.

Niacin seemed to help with my scalp tenderness and headache after the O. This time my worst symptom was my stomach area. It's in the left abdomen, and immediately after having an O. it gets bloated and hurts. It's like having an stomach migraine or "abdominal migraine". I hate it  >:(

Can anyone confirm this abdominal pain and bloating? Specially in the left area?

Quasar, is this pain in the stomach new, just with the Niacin?

I often get pains in the abdomen, I have the feeling they originate in the lower abdomen area (above and to the side of the prostate) with reflections that appear higher up. In my case they're mostly on the right.

Daveman, it's not new. I always get abdominal pain and bloating after having an O. Niacin seemed to help a little with the scalp and headache, but it didn't help with the stomach pain.

In fact, there's a condition called "abodminal migraine", because the stomach also has neurotransmitters and is connected to the brain.

The pain is in the center of the stomach and the left side, behind the ribs. I can feel more pain if i press that area. It gets quite bloated.

I ALWAYS get it with Pois. And it's always the same kind of pain.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: 03/09/2011 16:11:15 »
Even here in Chile believe it or not CCconfucious there is a doctor doing desensitization. For any Chileans, send me a PM and I can get you the information.

Looking for Niacin is a nother situation. I found a 300mg gel cap with Vitamin C. They say that this is ALL there is made here in Chile. Sounds like a rare bird. Didn't buy it yet, it cost 20 bucks for 60 capsules. 300 mg is a lot and being a gel cap, it might be hard to divide. If it where dividable, it would be 180 doses. Still kind of expensive.

And I don't know what effect Vit C would have. Probably none negative.

I'm going to see if there is some other make.

Now that is what i call hope. are you going to see him or is he to far away.
why cant you order niacin of online.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: 03/09/2011 17:14:27 »

Yes and that's the whole point. Even if the thought itself activated some physiological processes resulting in an autoimmune response, it is clear, that this would happened during masturbation without ejaculating as well. But Dr. Waldinger claims, that masturbation without ejaculating does not bring POIS.

Dr. Waldinger isn't the only one involved in the studies. The Dr. Waldinger studies are potentially not complete but that doesn't rule out his hypothesis. One can have an allery (autoimmune response ) to semen or a component of it, so in some cases it may be sperm and in others it may be some protien of semen. All elements of semen are NORMALLY pretected by the blood barrier. If that barrier is somehow breached any one of several components could enter into autoimmune processes.

There is more than one very respected doctor working on solid proposals for this hypothesis.

For those of you who are new to the forum, be advised that JRD advocates a line of unsupported logic inconducive to advancement of the POIS cause.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: 03/09/2011 18:08:51 »
Different hypothesis :
- this is not an allergy

It doesn't seem logical at all! But one is not allergic to the thought! One is allergic to other components which can be stimulated by the thought. Even the theory that withdrawl mechanisms or psychological influences can produce imbalances implies that thoughts alone can produce powerful negative effect to the body.

But, this forum has completely accepted that POIS is NOT a psychosomatic illness. It hasn't completely accepted that it is an autoimmune based illness, but every day there is more and more compelling evidence which even demostrates a very real support for heavy cognitive effects as a result of key neurotransmitter depletion caused by consumtion of precursors involved in their production. See: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=197.0

And important researchers in the field, have even demostrated that conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and likewise it can be shown Sexual Exhaustion, are byproducts of the autoimmune beating imposed by POIS, rather than causes of our malidy in themselves.

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: 03/09/2011 18:44:49 »
Powdered Niacin Report.

I've tried to use manually powdered Niacin Acid tablets this time. The dose was 200mg. After taking powdered niacin the flush happened in 5 minutes. Interesting enough that this time I felt also the second wave of flush, about in 20 mins. The O happened in 25 minutes after taking niacin. No POIS symptoms at the first and second day. Powdered niacin felt like a better solution for the stomach compared to non-powdered version - no negative feelings about it in the stomach area.

Warning! Niacin in high doses might make a damage to your liver, please consult with your doctor before trying to take it.

Victor

Offline Quasar

• View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: 03/09/2011 20:16:53 »
In fact i think my stomach issue with Pois is getting worse, because lately besides the discomfort and bloating, i also experience some numbness in my belly and stomach area. It's like the kind of scary numbness that you get when you can't feel your hand, you know? It lasts few minutes and goes away, but it may give a clue of what's happening.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: 04/09/2011 02:38:22 »
I just wanted to say that lately i have been taking no vitamins whatsoever and I actually feel a lot better than I have been while I was on vitamins, this led me to stop taking vitamins completely.  I used to take vitamin B and calcium magnesium a lot, and all I can say that I think it really screws up your system.  Its like your body expects to get that vitamin in a pill and instead of a constant flow of it, its more of of huge spike, than a low opposite affect.  This is just my perspective because I feel a lot better not taking any vitamins.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14549 on: 04/09/2011 02:38:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums