On the Lighter Side > New Theories

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)

<< < (2960/4010) > >>

demografx:

daveman, nordnurse, and I have made contact, VM. Thank you!

Vincent M:

--- Quote from: GoingCrazy on 14/10/2011 02:43:34 ---
I believe and I hope that POIS is a lot simpler than what we make of it, at least my pois.  Why certain things like caffeine and nutmeg help me?  Possible over-inflammation?  I hope so.  Sounds a lot better than a sperm allergy. 

--- End quote ---

I agree that inflammation probably causes most of our symptoms, however I now believe (as many of us here have) this inflammation stems from an allergic reaction to our sperm and semen. This theory makes more sense to me now that all the things that I take to reduce my POIS symptoms are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties.

I drink green tea to reduce my symptoms, but I take fenugreek with it and believe the tea merely enhances the effect of the fenugreek somehow. Perhaps some of the benefit comes from the caffeine, but I used to drink green tea by itself with almost no noticeable effect on my symptoms.

Vincent M:
By the way everyone, thanks to this forum I've been feeling pretty good for the past few months. And today with the help of fenugreek, saw palmetto, and a few other things I felt good enough to apply for a couple jobs for the first time since I developed POIS. I've always believed this forum would save my life and today it may have done just that. I'm still not cured, but I'm far better off than I was before. Thank you everyone.

Itsthatskater:
I honestly think the key to decreasing the amount of Pois or for some people getting rid of it may be O'ing more than once, It seemed to have dramatically helped me and a few other guys on here said it has helped them too.

GoingCrazy:

--- Quote from: Vincent Marcus on 14/10/2011 22:15:58 ---
--- Quote from: GoingCrazy on 14/10/2011 02:43:34 ---
I believe and I hope that POIS is a lot simpler than what we make of it, at least my pois.  Why certain things like caffeine and nutmeg help me?  Possible over-inflammation?  I hope so.  Sounds a lot better than a sperm allergy. 

--- End quote ---

I agree that inflammation probably causes most of our symptoms, however I now believe (as many of us here have) this inflammation stems from an allergic reaction to our sperm and semen. This theory makes more sense to me now that all the things that I take to reduce my POIS symptoms are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties.

I drink green tea to reduce my symptoms, but I take fenugreek with it and believe the tea merely enhances the effect of the fenugreek somehow. Perhaps some of the benefit comes from the caffeine, but I used to drink green tea by itself with almost no noticeable effect on my symptoms.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you are drinking decaffeinated green tea?  I remember drinking hot chocolate after not drinking it for a while and it had a profound affect.

I personally disagree with the sperm allergy, at least for my POIS, but everybody's entitled to their own opinion.  Just doesn't make sense how my body would be allergic to sperm after having been inside my body for years, and POIS just came in a sudden attack.

"You can see that caffeine also causes the brain's blood vessels to constrict, because it blocks adenosine's ability to open them up. This effect is why some headache medicines like Anacin contain caffeine - if you have a vascular headache, the caffeine will close down the blood vessels and relieve it."

http://www.mcvitamins.com/Health%20Opponents/caffeine.htm

-perhaps my POIS?

And I remember taking excedrin migraine that practically cured my pois, but I was very hyper, perhaps because the caffeine content was 65 mg.  Goody's powder is only 32 mg I believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version