The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6444111 times)

Offline pois1

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14825 on: 20/10/2011 02:49:37 »
I got an appointment with Dr Bewtra in two weeks.  The office asked me to bring in a fresh sample, although I know some peope mentioned they had frozen theirs. Should it be from the same morning?  Do I bring it in any particular type of container?

Offline pois1

• View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: 20/10/2011 02:57:45 »
(1) First of all, I have POIS and my wife just became pregnant in June, so I can assure everyone that POIS doesn't affect the pregnancy. If unfortunately someone runs into pregnancy problems, it might be due to other reasons, which you must get checked.

(2) Until we get a permanent cure, here is a temporary cure for POIS. I have personally tested this and it has resolved 90% of my POIS. But follow the exact directions mentioned below, especially the timing of the medicine.
a. Take Claritin (effective for 24 hours) within 3-5 minutes of having your O and sleep for at least 3-4 hours afterwards. (If you know in advance that you will be having sex, then you can also take Claritin 15-30 minutes prior to it.) Note: It's very important to take claritin within the timeframe mentioned above and to sleep for some time.
b. Next day, take Claritin at the exact same time. (If you miss this second day, you will be miserable.) Also, note that in some cases if you feel the symptoms of POIS, you might have to take Claritin 2-3 hours early before the 24 hours complete.
c. Third day, take Claritin at the exact same time. Also, note that in some cases if you feel the symptoms of POIS, you might have to take Claritin 2-3 hours early before the 24 hours complete.

Therefore, by taking Claritin for continuous 3 days as per the timeframe mentioned above, you can significantly reduce your POIS symptoms. Try to Sleep early and for longer durations for these 3 days. I have been resolving my POIS symptoms for many years using this method. After seeing this forum today, I thought that I must share my solution with all of you. Give it a try and let me know your feedback. I hope this method will be helpful for most of you.

That's interesting.  I took Benadryl and Niacin after the O and it held my symptoms back for some time but then after a day or two I actually got sick. This happened twice.  I'm not sure if it's because I stopped taking those drugs or because I had more Os or what.  I think next time I'll try the Claritin like you recommended.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: 20/10/2011 04:43:49 »

My symptoms include-
Itching (immediately after)
Lack of motivation-Worst symptom 
Weakness (mentally and physically )
Brain fog (sometimes)
Soreness (sometimes)
Stuffy nose
Burning eyes

I dont know how my symptoms can help but if someone else has symptoms similar to mine i will be glad to share some keys that help me reduce the killer effects of POIS.

Itsthatskater, I'd be interested in learning if you know of a good way to reduce burning eyes. That is my worst symptom at the moment.

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: 20/10/2011 17:04:55 »

Perhaps you are drinking decaffeinated green tea?  I remember drinking hot chocolate after not drinking it for a while and it had a profound affect.

I personally disagree with the sperm allergy, at least for my POIS, but everybody's entitled to their own opinion.  Just doesn't make sense how my body would be allergic to sperm after having been inside my body for years, and POIS just came in a sudden attack.

I'm not personally convinced that there is only one single cause for POIS.  I'm quite certain I'm allergic, but that only definitively applies to my own case, right?

In any event, just wanted to clarify some things about the autoimmune theory.  The testis have "immunological privilege", so they interact differently with the immune system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_immunology [nofollow]

Just a couple of quotes:
"Two unique characteristics of testicular immunology are evident: (1) the testis is described as an immunologically privileged site, where suppression of immune responses occurs; and, (2) some factors which normally lead to inflammation are present at high levels in the testis, where they regulate the development of sperm instead of promoting inflammation."

"Sperm are immunogenic - that is they will cause an autoimmune reaction if transplanted from the testis into a different part of the body. This has been demonstrated in experiments using rats by Lansteiner (1899) and Metchinikoff (1900),mice and guinea pigs.  The likely reason for this is that sperm first mature at puberty, after immune tolerance is established, therefore the body recognizes them as foreign and mounts an immune reaction against them. Therefore, mechanisms for their protection must exist in this organ to prevent any autoimmune reaction."

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: 20/10/2011 17:07:52 »
I got an appointment with Dr Bewtra in two weeks.  The office asked me to bring in a fresh sample, although I know some peope mentioned they had frozen theirs. Should it be from the same morning?  Do I bring it in any particular type of container?
mine was from the same morning but the other person that went to him had his frozen for a week.
i just put mine in a small container i bought from dollar store but i put the container in a iced lunch box on my way there.

Offline dbfd588

• View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: 21/10/2011 02:21:23 »
which is better? Nicotinic acid or Niacinamide?

Offline DrDemasi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: 21/10/2011 06:19:05 »
Hi, Its Dr Maryanne Demasi from ABC TV Australia again.  Just want to thank those of you who contacted me to talk about your experience with POIS.  I still haven't managed to find someone in the Netherlands or the UK (or close by) who is willing to tell their story on camera though.  If you're unsure about what is required please contact me for details.  As I mentioned in my last post, I will be covering the science aspects of POIS, I am travelling to the Netherlands to interview Dr Marcel Waldinger and talk about the results of his studies.  I really hope I will be able to tell this story through the eyes of a sufferer to make people aware of how this conditon affects men. Please contact me demasi.maryanne@abc.net.au

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: 21/10/2011 18:16:52 »
which is better? Nicotinic acid or Niacinamide?

We don't know yet, but most of us have had good results with Nicotinic acid.

Offline Pharaoh

• View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: 22/10/2011 00:53:55 »
Unfortunately I can't see Dr. Paduch because his practice doesn't accept my insurance and the total bill would be over $3K.  However, I wanted to share this email for anyone who is interested.  I've requested a referral to another dr. that can provide the same care.  Good luck.
-----------------------------------
Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you very much for contacting my office.
The problem you are facing is complex and not everyone agrees that POIS is always caused by immunological response although it is possible.
My approach is to diagnose underlying pathology using our state of the art imaging and decide on improving your treatment.
Unfortunately I don't do email consults
We will be happy to see you for consultation and ultrasonographic evaluation which may include orgasmic ejaculatory study and transrectal ultrasound of prostate with full hormonal evaluation.
Please contact my office to schedule appointment if you wish to see me. My office number is: 212-746-5309

Darius A. Paduch, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Urology and Reproductive Medicine
Associate Director of Male Infertility Fellowship
Male Infertility Genetics Laboratory of Weill Cornell Medical College
Office: 212-746-5309
Fax: 212-746-7287
Executive assistant: Suzy Reyes - 212-746-5309
Clinical RN: Joseph Kiper, RN - 212-746-7585
Research Coordinator: Jordan Bazarnik, 212-746-5706
Genetics Lab: Anna Mielnik, M.Sc.: 212-746-5816
BioImaging Lab: Alexander Bolyakov, M.C.Sc.  212-746-5904
email: darius.paduch@mac.com

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: 22/10/2011 11:49:23 »
Pharoah,
This sounds like an exciting approach to investigating POIS. I really hope you are able to get the referral to the other doctor - good luck!
I missed your previous posts, my presence on these forums tends to be intermittent. Its great to read that you've brought POIS and your case to the attention of some prominent researchers in sexual medicine. Well done!

I see you have tried Niacin. I would like to add you to the summary of Niacin trials I have been compiling on the other forum. You can find the summary here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.0

If this is ok, please could you tell us:
1. What dose of Niacin you have been using
2. How long before O you take the Niacin
3. Have you been experiencing the Niacin flush?
4. What intensity are your POIS symptoms after taking Niacin compared to your POIS symptoms without Niacin (as a percentage, eg. 40% usual intensity). I know this can be difficult to estimate but please give it your best shot.
5. Does the Niacin reduce the number of days that you feel POIS symptoms for after a single O?
6. Anything else of note (eg. I see you reported in one post that Niacin made you aggressive and sexually) aroused

If you have a record of each trial you have done with Niacin, I can list each record as I have done for several others in the summary so far.

I'm not sure if you have signed up to the other forum yet (www.poiscenter.com). I couldn't see a 'Pharoah' listed amongst the members.
Thanks for your posts!

« Last Edit: 22/10/2011 12:01:21 by mellivora »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #14835 on: 22/10/2011 11:56:45 »
HI everyone,

If you have been trying Niacin and I have not yet included you in the summary of Niacin trials on the other forum please get in touch!
The summary is here:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.0

Any information about your experiences is useful.
However, if you are able to describe your experiences according to the following, that would be helpful:

1.What dose of Niacin have you been using? (also,if known, please include if its Nicotinic acid or Niacinamide/Nicotinamide you are taking).

2.How long before O do you take the Niacin?

3.Have you been experiencing the Niacin flush?

4.What intensity are your POIS symptoms after taking Niacin compared to your POIS symptoms without Niacin (as a percentage, eg. 40% usual intensity). I know this can be difficult to estimate but please give it your best shot.

5. Does the Niacin reduce the number of days that you feel POIS symptoms for after a single O?

6. anything else of note

If you have a record of each trial you have done with Niacin, I can list the details for each individual trial as I have done for several others in the summary so far. This is useful as you may have tried different doses, taking tablets different lengths of time before O etc and its good to see the results of these variations. Its also useful to know how many trials you have done to get an idea of how consistently Niacin is working (or not working) for you.

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: 22/10/2011 12:09:02 by mellivora »

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: 22/10/2011 15:51:02 »
Unfortunately I can't see Dr. Paduch because his practice doesn't accept my insurance and the total bill would be over $3K.  However, I wanted to share this email for anyone who is interested.  I've requested a referral to another dr. that can provide the same care.  Good luck.
------

Pharoah - Dr. Paduch's offer is fantastic.  Just an idea: it's late October.  Most people select their health insurance benefits, which take effect in January.  Consider changing your healthcare plan/ provider to one that would work with Dr. Paduch - and in just 2 months you could be in his office.  That just seems like such a great opportunity to let slip away!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: 22/10/2011 21:30:49 »

Pharaoh,

[Your post regarding your urologist above]...sounds like an exciting approach to investigating POIS. I really hope you are able to get the referral to the other doctor - good luck!

Pharaoh,

I agree with Mellivora and wish you the best as well!

« Last Edit: 23/10/2011 00:20:08 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: 23/10/2011 20:10:11 »

------

Pharoah - Dr. Paduch's offer is fantastic.

Ditto!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: 23/10/2011 21:26:28 »
Pharaoh, you've uncovered a doctor willing to do some amazing tests!  Thank you for all your efforts!  I think the results of Dr. Paduch's tests will be extremely helpful to us.  If the insurance issue turns out to be a roadblock for you, do you mind if other forum members in the NY area call Dr. Paduch and get this testing themselves?  This offer is too good to pass up. 

Does anyone else in the forum live in the NY area and might be willing to try this???

Offline Pharaoh

• View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: 24/10/2011 00:35:07 »
B_Daniel,

That's exactly why I posted the email.  So that others who are interested may contact Dr. Paduch and possibly help us all find a cure. 

As others have suggested, I am considering changing my health insurance if I can not find an alternative doctor.  However, I've yet to hear back from Dr. Paduch and I believe there must be at least 1 doctor at Harvard, Tufts, or BU who can provide the same care.  I'm sure he has colleagues who have access to the same equipment and possess the same knowledge and experience.  If not, then I'm more than willing to do whatever it takes to see him. 

On a side note, the people at Johns Hopkins are not very helpful.  Interestingly enough, I went to see the psychiatrist at our school's health center and he recognized the same thing.  He described them as "running around in their white coats, more concerned with research, and less with providing adequate care."  Then he mentioned a Dr. Peter Schlegel who performs microsurgery on the vas deferns.  I contacted him, and he referred me to Dr. Paduch.  Dr. Schlegel is the chair of the center Dr. Paduch is affiliated with. 

Let's hope that his approach may shed some light on the "underlying pathology" and a possible cure. 

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: 24/10/2011 05:36:14 »
That's awesome Pharaoh.  Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

As our forum grows and opportunities like this come up more frequently, it is becoming more apparent that we need a database w everyone's location.  That way we can reach out to the few ppl we need to when things like this come up.  We've just got to have some ppl in the NY area.

What do ya'll think about a Google Doc that we can update with our location?  I started this one...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcQ7jvoWLkbdENsRHJCQThmYVlGSll5dGhGeXNQUEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'm not sure whether there's a privacy issue or not with google docs, maybe someone else can weigh in on that.  I do know that  you must have a google account to edit the doc, but i dont think your google email address will be attached to the page.
« Last Edit: 24/10/2011 06:23:49 by B_Daniel »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: 24/10/2011 12:53:37 »
As our forum grows and opportunities like this come up more frequently, it is becoming more apparent that we need a database w everyone's location.  That way we can reach out to the few ppl we need to when things like this come up.  We've just got to have some ppl in the NY area.

What do ya'll think about a Google Doc that we can update with our location?  I started this one...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcQ7jvoWLkbdENsRHJCQThmYVlGSll5dGhGeXNQUEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'm not sure whether there's a privacy issue or not with google docs, maybe someone else can weigh in on that.  I do know that  you must have a google account to edit the doc, but i dont think your google email address will be attached to the page.
We are on the same page B_Daniel. I'm also unsure about the privacy of google docs though. Its either that or we just have a page on the poiscenter forum where people add their details and it gets combined into one document as we go. The main thing may not be the visibility of the data but that only forum members can add to it and edit it and do so easily. People perhaps only need to allude to the general area they are in, not necessarily city or town-specific (though nearest city would be useful I guess - I forget I live in the little UK where most places are in reach if you are willing to travel a bit!). A few people, including yourself, have added their location to my thread here: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=233.0
Perhaps for starters we just need a thread that is more clearly specifically for this purpose and combine the info into a document later. Of course you are sensibly cutting straight to the document stage, which is perfect if people can add their details easily etc... Just thinking out loud - not sure if I got anywhere! But thanks!
« Last Edit: 24/10/2011 13:14:18 by mellivora »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: 24/10/2011 13:22:21 »
Thanks Mellivora for niacin summary !
You're welcome. Just trying to play my small part in the increasingly powerful POIS forum engine. When it comes to POIS data collection over the last 4+ years - you are the original master!
« Last Edit: 24/10/2011 13:25:07 by mellivora »

Offline psonijackson5

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: 24/10/2011 16:49:21 »
Hello friends. today I finally investigated about the problems that I've been through and got to know the name of the disease that I've been in :POIS. Even at this time I am feeling mental illness because today I went through ejaculation once again. I've the same story as that of John, who I guess started this topic over here. I deliberately watch videos that excite me, or just imagine such things that excite me, to overcome my boredom or frustration from life, but the after effects of that make me feel like losing my personality. I've tried keeping myself away from imagining such things, and 1 or 2 times I even succeeded for a continuous period of more than 4 months. Sometimes I'm only able to hold or try indulging myself in more meaningful activities for a few weeks, and as the time pass by, the mental illness also start fading. But then, when once again I fall into imagining things that excite me, or watch such videos, I fall back in that same extreme mental tiredness and then start over again recovering. This has been my story since I was 14 I guess and now I am 21. I've tried to find answers of what it is really and the only answer I've got each time is: I need to find the activities of my real interest, hence indulging myself in them will free me of this thing and it will eventually disappear from my life. I've found many such activities, and today I feel much more sure about myself, I don't get that much interested in imagining or watching (man and woman) clips(the thing that has been exciting me and feeling me like losing myself in doing so). But yet, I haven't overcome this as yet, and I still look to find more in myself, to finally be able to say myself free. I've often felt during this course, that sex is only a temporary pleasure, and I needn't have it for pleasure even after marriage, as such a thing (as I read also today when I was investigating) get me to lose my true self, I can just have this thing as a formality to produce children after marriage, and as I've learnt through all these years, love doesn't need physical contact to express. Its the care which is most divine and is free from physical excitement. Physical contact is good, but not for the sake of pleasure, its good just as an expression of love. And as I experience more and more about love(the care), I feel or I do know that excitement will become unimportant for me and hence I'll always be free of the terrible consequences of it that I've been through. It will just be a matter of time that I'll be free of the mental illness and find myself real emotionally stable.

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: 24/10/2011 17:23:55 »
That's awesome Pharaoh.  Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcQ7jvoWLkbdENsRHJCQThmYVlGSll5dGhGeXNQUEE&hl=en_US#gid=0 [nofollow]

Thanks B_Daniel.  I just looked into it and it appears that people that don't have edit privileges will NOT be able to see the revision history, but people that do have edit privileges will be able to see the revision history and probably associate an email address with a forum user name.  I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it does give some measure of privacy in that we'd only be revealing our email addresses to each other. 

Offline Shahnameh

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: 25/10/2011 02:22:51 »
Hi everyone,

New possible solution: WASH THE SEMEN OFF YOUR PENIS.

I wondered why I had POIS only when masturbating, and not when having sex. The difference is that when I masturbate, I don't retract my foreskin. Instead, I ejaculate with my foreskin covering the glans, which allows the semen to be absorbed into my skin. This is when my POIS symptoms are the strongest.

When I rinse off the semen immediately after masturbating, I hardly feel any symptoms at all. This makes sense under the POIS-as-allergen theory. Allowing the semen to be absorbed into the skin exposes the body to a greater amount of semen, thereby triggering a stronger allergic response.

So, can anyone else confirm that this works for them?

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: 25/10/2011 02:49:39 »

New possible solution: WASH THE SEMEN OFF YOUR PENIS.

I always wipe the semen off after masturbating and I've done it in the shower a few times and rinsed it off completely after and I still get the same severity of POIS symptoms. I find it very odd that you don't get POIS from sexual intercourse and I'm not aware of any cases like that here at this forum.

edit: I see you haven't posted in a couple years so welcome back to the discussion. Are you still taking fenugreek?
« Last Edit: 25/10/2011 02:56:11 by Vincent Marcus »

Offline FinalPanic

• View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: 25/10/2011 09:29:56 »
Does anybody else here find the their symptoms changing over time (years I mean)? I used to get hit with instant severity - very debilitating for a few days. Now (I am 47) I can feel pretty much fine same day (just a hint of POIS), and also pretty good next day - almost enough to make me feel like I have been cured. But day 3 (right now) I have been struck down with all the usual symptoms of POIS - sweats, nausea, aching eyes, swimming headache, sense of body temperature being all over the place (but on checking it is fine) some disorientation and cognitive grind. Hell last night I was skating - today (3 days after O) I am struggling to type this.

I am at a loss on this, apart from the fact that everything seems different after a nights sleep (not sure if that is of significance), yesterday reasonable - today awful. Anybody else evolved into this delayed reaction?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: 25/10/2011 18:01:04 »

psonijackson5, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum!

Here are some POIS resources which may be helpful to you:

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php
Our 4-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

The Learning Channel's (TLC)  feature TV presentation on POIS, featuring our member here at this forum, "Animus". It was aired on May 22, 2011. Here is a link to the YouTube file for the POIS  TV documentary, "Desperate Measures":

Our POIS Information Website, built by "mat780", is here:
http://sites.google.com/site/POISwebsite/

The POIS Information Website is home to the famous POIS Forum Compendium, written by "Pyropeach", and contains theories already discussed here and treatments that have both worked and failed.

Please see "B_Jim"'s POIS Summary of All Cases, here as well as others on the Web. This includes remedies that we have tested, and results.
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg149009#msg149009

"Girlwind" has created an excellent POIS Video:

Our new POIS chatroom (realtime chat). Invite or visit another member(s) there, ANY TIME. We can all get to know each other better:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/POIS/chat

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome "POIS": Case report

Authors:
Abdalla M Attia*, Magda H Al-Ziny, Hossam A Yasien
*Corresponding author: Andrology Unit, Minoufiya University, Shibin El Kom, Eygpt

For more info, check out emi_b's  SMF POIS thread:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=191.0;topicseen

Available Upon Request:

1. and 2. POIS Research Studies, 2011

These 2 papers reveal Dr. Waldinger's POIS autoimmune hypothesis and suggests one possible avenue of treatment.

3. First POIS Research Study, 2002

We have a copy of the first formal medical investigation on POIS by Prof. dr. Marcel D. Waldinger,MD,PhD, and Dr. Dave Schweitzer, MD.

4. Recent POIS Research Study, 2010

CASE REPORT
Postorgasm Illness Syndrome - A Spectrum of Illnesses
Jane Ashby, MRCP, and David Goldmeier, MRCP
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg316781#msg316781

5. British Medical Journal Case Report, 2010

Case study by Dr. Selwyn Dexter of a patient with a headache-featured POIS symptom treated with progesterone/norethisterone.
http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2010/bcr.10.2009.2359.short?rss=1

How to get any or all of the above 5 studies: send me or "daveman" a Private Message (PM) with your regular email address (use "AT" instead of "@" ) and we'll send you back the PDF(s).

To send a Private Message, click on "Messages" at the top of this page. At the Messages page, click on "New Message". From that point on, it works just like posting a message here, except that it only goes to the person(s) you designate.

Remember to put a quote around the recipient's name, i.e., "demografx", or "daveman".

New York Times article,

January 20, 2009
Mind
Sex and Depression: In the Brain, if Not the Mind
By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=friedman%20sexual%20January%2020&st=cse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition to serving our own informational interests, the resources listed above can be useful for you to show our credibility to the medical world - which often shows little understanding and is sometimes skeptical of our condition: POIS has scientific underpinnings and POIS is not "just another psychological problem" related to sex - to be treated by the psychiatric/psychotherapeutic community. All of this information can greatly help you to fight the immediate reaction of some doctors: so just tell them, "IT'S NOT 'ALL IN OUR HEADS'! "

Also, it can be helpful when dealing with medical professionals to point out the successful existence of our rapidly growing forum, which has already been referenced in respectable sources such as the Journal of Sexual Medicine (Dr. Waldinger's study), British Medical Journal and wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome

For over 4 years, our POIS forum has attracted over 200 POIS sufferers worldwide who have posted here, research on an additional 200 sufferers elsewhere on the internet, plus nearly 1,500,000 page visits. Not bad for a rare malady!

SEARCH THE FORUM WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of data: more than 4 years' worth of posts (over  10,000 posts!) from 200+ Forum members, and an additional 200 POIS sufferers found elsewhere on the Internet by Member B_Jim.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
nocturnal emission POIS site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

and 740 results came up for "nocturnal emission" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14849 on: 25/10/2011 18:01:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length