The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6424852 times)

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #14975 on: 19/11/2011 04:15:08 »
venkyreddy97 :

im too experiencing same problem so for this we have to stop sex for health...
how to enjoy sexual life

Try to take 100-200mg of vitamin B3 1-2 hours before orgasm.

"Migraines:

Vitamin B3 helps to prevent migraines.  If supplemental vitamin B3 is taken when the initial symptoms of a new migraine first commence, it sometimes aborts the migraine."

http://www.vitaminexpress.com/encyclopedia.php/topic/Vitamin%20B3.php

- evidence towards migraine?

excedrin migraine works like a charm for me and helps with pois symptoms

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: 19/11/2011 05:08:09 »
i took claritin yesterday during pois day 1.  No noticable affects for me.

GoingCrazy, did you take the claritin 15 to 30 minutes before your "o"? So far that's the only way it's worked for me. Well actually I can have an "o" per day for about 3 days after taking one pill with almost no POIS symptoms. But I still think the key is to take the Claritin before the "o".
« Last Edit: 19/11/2011 05:12:27 by Vincent Marcus »

Offline Mutant Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: 19/11/2011 05:29:14 »
Does anyone reflect symptoms that incorporate extreme changes in facial expression, ageing of the skin as a result of loss in elasticity? In my case, this amounts to significant differences in appearance.

Yes in POIS my facial muscles and skin connection to my bone become inflamed and thus begin to sag down my face and over my eyes causing me to look angry and tired all the time. It's an extremely uncomfortable feeling especially around the eyes. It feels like there is a sheet of plastic between the flesh of my face and my skull where the flesh attaches. claritin and fenugreek eliminate more than 50% of this feeling and make it bearable and allow me to forget about it when I have important things to do.

Lovely, I understand claritin is an anti-allergy but have no background knowledge concerning fenugreek. Is it some kind of herbal medicine?

fenugreek is a common food spice used in India. The capsules I take are crushed fenugreek seed powder and if I take two 620mg caps with a glass of hot green tea most of my facial irritation will disappear within an hour. The effect lasts about an entire day or two I've noticed as when I perform my fenugreek regimen for 3 days in a row I'll feel best by the third day. Only thing is that the combination energizes me a lot so I can't take it past noon or I'll be up all night. You can buy it off of amazon it's fairly cheap. For me it seems to help by reducing inflammation, improving digestion, reducing bloating, and it also acts as a slight laxative when taken with the tea.

Thank you Vincent... I'll set to look for it, hope it does me some good...

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: 19/11/2011 22:16:59 »
i took claritin yesterday during pois day 1.  No noticable affects for me.

GoingCrazy, did you take the claritin 15 to 30 minutes before your "o"? So far that's the only way it's worked for me. Well actually I can have an "o" per day for about 3 days after taking one pill with almost no POIS symptoms. But I still think the key is to take the Claritin before the "o".

I actually took it about 12 hours after I "O'd" during the night, maybe next time I will try it pre-O.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: 19/11/2011 22:20:55 »
excedrin migraine works like a charm for me and helps with pois symptoms

It's a good thing for you. Aspirin and paracetamol never helped my pois but I have not really migraines in Pois and rarely out of Pois.

--

Alexander Russian has used the words anaphylactic shock. Some women are very allergic to their husband's semen. I read a story of a woman which has been hospitalised after intercourse and the conclusion is an anaphylactic shock. 

(wiki)
After a second contact with allergen, there is a a degranulation of mast cells or basophils mediated by IgE and a release of vaso-active mediators : histamines, prostaglandines, serotonine, leukotriene, bradykinin.

I believe its the combination of both aspirin, acetaminophen and, especially, caffeine.

You might think of a migraine as pulsating pain but it could also can contain a cocktail of other symptoms, which could relate to POIS.  That is what my doctor had told me.  Have you tried the caffeine and aspirin combo similar to whats in Excedrin migraine?
« Last Edit: 19/11/2011 22:22:55 by GoingCrazy »

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: 19/11/2011 23:07:38 »
@GoingCrazy:

Wiki says:
"Loratadine (claritin)'s peak effect occurs in 1–2 hours"

So, it seems you should take claritin between one and two hours BEFORE you'll "O" for best effect.

Good luck mate.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: 20/11/2011 01:10:33 »
I found a lot of what he talks about is prevalent in my life.

Everyone has hidden issues in the back of their mind...sounds like a scam to me. I'm not saying that addressing these issues won't make you feel better mentally and perhaps physically as well, but addressing hidden mental issues will not cure POIS. That would be like curing AIDS or cancer with hypnosis.

It's not as simple as that, do not underestimate just how powerful the mind actually is, I too do not believe even slightly that this is in my mind, but psychosomatic medicine is often successful with chronic fatigue patients even though the etology of it is recognised to be Neurological. The Psychiatrist I am working with has a lot of clinical experience and has said he'll be able to cure me of the symptoms, if that's the case then I don't really care if he labels the illness as Psychosomatic he recognises the set of symptoms to be real, not hysterical, I hope it pans out quite well, I've tried numerous drugs and therapies without much success and I know I was bought up in a tough way which are the causative reasons of some of my psychological issues.

There are patients who experience a whole range of symptoms, who like us, have tiresomely gone down the conventional diagnostical route to find the genesis of their symptoms to no avail...

whoa now many of us have reduced our symptoms vastly using this "conventional diagnostical route". Don't discount our successes please. edit- unless you were referring to the ignorance of M.D.s. towards our condition. It just seemed to me you were talking about treating our condition with various medications based on researching our symptoms.

So far it's been trial and error and the use of medicines have not proven to eliminate POIS therefore we are just treating the symptoms. The point of medicine is to cure an aliment with the least amount of medicinal intervention. I am all for trying out new things and of course this forum is a goldmine of suggestions, no one person can think of by themselves.

Ultimately I wouldn't dismiss something without acquiring a great deal of knowledge on a subject.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: 20/11/2011 01:36:14 »
@GoingCrazy:

Wiki says:
"Loratadine (claritin)'s peak effect occurs in 1–2 hours"

So, it seems you should take claritin between one and two hours BEFORE you'll "O" for best effect.

Good luck mate.

Thanks for the information.

But lol, the only thing is I don't really plan on having an "O", it just "happens" if you know what I mean... sort of like an "oops" .  I guess I need to set my sights on one of these days to have a planned orgasm.
« Last Edit: 20/11/2011 01:42:10 by GoingCrazy »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: 20/11/2011 21:20:18 »
Great news ! :D I hope it will motivate the ones who did not donate yet.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: 20/11/2011 21:46:16 »
Took one pill of diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) last night about 15min before an "o" and today I felt great. I think I feel the best I have since I got POIS. I may still have some brain fog and I can tell my anxiety is still a bit high, but physically I'd say I'm 90% free of POIS. Mentally I'd say at least 50% free of POIS. I can't tell if benadryl works better than Claritin or not just yet, but it seems it does. Also it's possible that I feel good due to a cumulative effect of the other meds I've been taking. I plan on testing benadryl again next weekend. I don't have as much time to experiment now that I'm working unfortunately.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14985 on: 21/11/2011 19:56:52 »

Great [POIS funding] news ! :D I hope it will motivate the ones who did not donate yet.

Thanks, Habibou, we do too!!

Offline Guitarninja2

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: 21/11/2011 23:42:51 »
It seems research has been done to prove the autoimmune response theory, in that when men did not ejaculate, they didn't experience symptoms, but have they done tests to see if the symptoms occur when they are exposed to their semen without an "o"? It seems after such a long time without an "O" I may have developed the condition in which my prostate can't hold this in very easily. I have leaks quite often, which seem to cause a very similar reaction. Does anyone else notice this?

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: 22/11/2011 00:40:49 »
It seems research has been done to prove the autoimmune response theory, in that when men did not ejaculate, they didn't experience symptoms, but have they done tests to see if the symptoms occur when they are exposed to their semen without an "o"? It seems after such a long time without an "O" I may have developed the condition in which my prostate can't hold this in very easily. I have leaks quite often, which seem to cause a very similar reaction. Does anyone else notice this?
Yes, yes Guitarninja, you are absolutely right. A lot of members have reported here- and i have experienced the same (i am observer from poiscenter)- that the pre-cum or pre-seminal fluid- without having an orgasm- gives you a mild version of POIS. If this leaks are occurring itīs normal that you feel that way. I suggest you to take Niacin of fast release 1 hour prior the orgasm - and in your case, you could have an O. every 5-6 days and taking niacin to prevent this leaks from occur- to get rid of most -if not all- POIS symptoms. For me it is working wonders. Good luck!

Offline Itsthatskater

• View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: 22/11/2011 02:30:29 »
I must say that although this sucks really bad for all of us, Its kind of amazing how we are all a part of science and we are the 1 percent of the world different from all others .

And im gonna search for Mr. Waldingers Study right now.

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: 22/11/2011 07:22:22 »
Hey!
Read about Temporal Arteritis
http://health.bettermedicine.com/article/temporal-arteritis [nofollow]
List of symptoms (giant-cell arteritis):
bruits
fever
headache[4]
tenderness and sensitivity on the scalp
jaw claudication (pain in jaw when chewing)
tongue claudication (pain in tongue when chewing) and necrosis[5][6]
reduced visual acuity (blurred vision)
acute visual loss (sudden blindness)
diplopia (double vision)
acute tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

I think, this is it.
It fits both Waldinger's autoimmune theory and Niacin's efficiency.

Upd: xantinol nicotinate is prescribed for arteritis!
« Last Edit: 22/11/2011 12:46:51 by gabin »

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: 22/11/2011 07:37:00 »
I must say that although this sucks really bad for all of us, Its kind of amazing how we are all a part of science and we are the 1 percent of the world different from all others .

And im gonna search for Mr. Waldingers Study right now
1% ha ha, !% is not rare, schizophrenia is 1%, there are 2.5-3 million people with schizophrenia in the U.S..  We are more like 0.0001-0.00001%.  We are the rare of the rare my friend.  just to be less than 1/1000,000 we would need at least 300 documented cases of people living in the U.S. right now with POIS.

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: 22/11/2011 10:51:51 »
I would like to share my latest blood test results :
Vitamine D : 10 nag/ml          (30-100nag/ml) and (<10nag/ml, possible disease)
Inge amount : 278 Jul/l         (<150Jul/l)

(speed sedimentation : 3    (1-10)   and 5   (<30) )
The lack of vitamine D could explain my permanent tiredness and my severe cognitive symptoms !
It seems important to remember that many patients there got a huge improvement because they went under the sun for a while (at least for cognitive symptoms!)
I am still waiting for the free testosterone results...   
« Last Edit: 22/11/2011 15:06:51 by Habibou »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: 22/11/2011 10:58:06 »

And im gonna search for Mr. Waldingers Study right now
1% ha ha, !% is not rare, schizophrenia is 1%, there are 2.5-3 million people with schizophrenia in the U.S..  We are more like 0.0001-0.00001%.  We are the rare of the rare my friend.  just to be less than 1/1000,000 we would need at least 300 documented cases of people living in the U.S. right now with POIS.

Wow!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: 22/11/2011 10:59:22 »
I would like to share my latest blood test results :
Vitamine D : 10 ng/ml          (30-100ng/ml) and (<10ng/ml, possible disease)
IgE amount : 278 kUL/l         (<150kUL/l)

I am still waiting for the free testosterone results...   

Excellent reporting, Habibou!

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: 22/11/2011 15:57:38 »
Thank you BJim and Demo  :)

Offline Itsthatskater

• View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: 22/11/2011 18:12:45 »
That is very true, I had an orgasm and ejaculation yesterday, and I feel better than I have ever felt . This morning I felt absolutely horrIble. I took these new vitamins , my daily dosage of niacin , and claratin. I eventually fell asleep and when I woke up is when I realized I almost had a nocturnal emission . My body held myself back though. But now I feel better and now I realized I have to stop sleeping on my back because that's when they occur the most
« Last Edit: 22/11/2011 22:31:11 by Itsthatskater »

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: 23/11/2011 13:47:37 »
Hey!
Read about Temporal Arteritis
http://health.bettermedicine.com/article/temporal-arteritis [nofollow]
List of symptoms (giant-cell arteritis):
bruits
fever
headache[4]
tenderness and sensitivity on the scalp
jaw claudication (pain in jaw when chewing)
tongue claudication (pain in tongue when chewing) and necrosis[5][6]
reduced visual acuity (blurred vision)
acute visual loss (sudden blindness)
diplopia (double vision)
acute tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

I think, this is it.
It fits both Waldinger's autoimmune theory and Niacin's efficiency.

Upd: xantinol nicotinate is prescribed for arteritis!
Please answer, anyone.
If you think that it's complete nonsense that is not worth considering, then why so? What's wrong with this hypothesis?

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: 23/11/2011 13:54:36 »
One more finding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_cerebral_vasoconstriction_syndrome [nofollow]

Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS, sometimes called Call-Fleming syndrome or by a number of other names) is a poorly understood disease in which the arteries of the brain develop vasospasm without a clear cause (such as hemorrhage or trauma).[1] It may be present in varying amounts for months at a time.[1] Vasospasm narrows arteries and can trigger severe headaches that wax and wane. When the vasospasms subside the headaches are relieved. Although the pathology is not known definitively, it is thought SSRIs, uncontrolled hypertension, endocrine abnormality, and neurosurgical trauma are indicated to potentially cause vasospasm.[2]

With niacin (vasolidator) we prevent vasoconstriction caused by orgasm.
« Last Edit: 23/11/2011 14:18:04 by gabin »

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: 23/11/2011 14:30:49 »
One more finding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_cerebral_vasoconstriction_syndrome

Reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS, sometimes called Call-Fleming syndrome or by a number of other names) is a poorly understood disease in which the arteries of the brain develop vasospasm without a clear cause (such as hemorrhage or trauma).[1] It may be present in varying amounts for months at a time.[1] Vasospasm narrows arteries and can trigger severe headaches that wax and wane. When the vasospasms subside the headaches are relieved. Although the pathology is not known definitively, it is thought SSRIs, uncontrolled hypertension, endocrine abnormality, and neurosurgical trauma are indicated to potentially cause vasospasm.[2]

With niacin (vasolidator) we prevent vasoconstriction caused by orgasm.

I wonder if someone has taken Nimodipine (marketed by Bayer as Nimotop)-remedies against vasoconstriction- . I think this is very interesting. If i have an orgasm -back in time, without taking niacin- i do not get brain frog from the first second, but definitely i can feel that something not good is going on on my head. Itīs feel like an increase of pressure on my brain by moments, and this will lead to  POIS symptoms in few minutes. If i take niacin this feeling mostly subsides.

Offline gdelite

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: 23/11/2011 15:47:23 »
Just a thought...

My sister came down with a chronic case of C. difficile.  It's a bacteria that resides in the gut, but it can get out of control with antibiotic use or lowered immune system.  She suffered a lot of stuff that seems to match with my own POIS symptoms. 

When I think about some of the symptoms I suffered with POIS, they do match up with a flaring up of C. difficile, for example the diarrhea, mild flu like feeling...

Is it possible that the chemistry of orgasm somehow makes the gut more hospitable to C. difficile or another opportunistic bacteria residing in the gut? 

Let's try eating good bacteria filled yogurt maybe?  Heck, next time you get the runs from POIS, submit a stool sample and see what comes up?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14999 on: 23/11/2011 15:47:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums