The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6437693 times)

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #15075 on: 11/12/2011 03:15:29 »
Update:
I'm having interesting results from experimenting with herbal diuretics. I switched from diuretic foods to supplements as it is easier. It is having a profound effect on my sleep. I have had severe insomnia for 10-15 years (I forget when it started). On the diuretics I still wake at night but I am able to get back to sleep and seem to sleep very deeply. It actually feels Iike I'm getting TOO much sleep. This is quite a development for me, I'm thrilled. Herbal diuretics seem fairly safe as long as I don't go way above the recommended doses, and keep my potassium levels up. Presently I have two types: dandelion tincture, and a herbal diuretic blend with Uva Ursi and Buchu leaf. For anyone who is skeptical that something as common as dandelion could have such a profound effect I can assure you that it actually works. The only side effects have been facial twitching and a little dizziness.  So, what is going on and could this have to do with POIS? I don't have a clue, anyone know how this might make sense? My original reason to try it was the notion that increased intercranial pressure might be causing my pulatie tinnitus.  I suppose that is still my best guess, that "subclinical" increased cerebrospinal fluid pressure is being relieved somewhat by the diuretics. This type of problem can also cause double vision, which I also have.

That's interesting and am glad its working for you.  When I think about pois I think about no refreshing sleep whatsoever and a bad mood.  I've always thought about that maybe if I could figure out the "sleep" thing that maybe I could cure my pois and the bad mood.  I too wake up several times a night.  As I've said before I am taking two tablets of tylenol extra strength (weird because tylenol has never really worked for me but maybe its the two pills?) to help me fall asleep.  Again, I've also stated before that the days that i do have really refreshing sleep and sleep all night (only occurs a few nights a year if even that many), the next day I feel phenomenally good without pois.

Please update on your use with these diuretics as I might give it a try, I'm looking for something to help calm me down and help me sleep..

Thanks

Diuretic Update

So far it seems like diuretics allow me to think clearer, and one herbal specific herbal blend has allowed me to sleep very soundly. I am now considering that this is all to do with the prostate, which fits in nicely with the theory that POIS symptoms are a result of an inflamed prostate.  This week I took a diuretic formula that has Uva Ursi which is great for the urinary tract, and also has Buchu leaf, which is great for the PROSTATE. It makes sense that an irritated prostate would be soothed by removing some water thus reducing the pressure, plus any inherent anti-inflammatory action that the herbs have (Buchu specifically). I'm going to look for a prostate formula that contains Buchu leaf and try that as well.

Can you tell me what that one specific herbal blend to help you sleep is?  and where I can get it?

Thanks again 
« Last Edit: 11/12/2011 03:25:17 by GoingCrazy »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: 11/12/2011 10:32:17 »
Update:
I'm having interesting results from experimenting with herbal diuretics. I switched from diuretic foods to supplements as it is easier. It is having a profound effect on my sleep. I have had severe insomnia for 10-15 years (I forget when it started). On the diuretics I still wake at night but I am able to get back to sleep and seem to sleep very deeply. It actually feels Iike I'm getting TOO much sleep. This is quite a development for me, I'm thrilled. Herbal diuretics seem fairly safe as long as I don't go way above the recommended doses, and keep my potassium levels up. Presently I have two types: dandelion tincture, and a herbal diuretic blend with Uva Ursi and Buchu leaf. For anyone who is skeptical that something as common as dandelion could have such a profound effect I can assure you that it actually works. The only side effects have been facial twitching and a little dizziness.  So, what is going on and could this have to do with POIS? I don't have a clue, anyone know how this might make sense? My original reason to try it was the notion that increased intercranial pressure might be causing my pulatie tinnitus.  I suppose that is still my best guess, that "subclinical" increased cerebrospinal fluid pressure is being relieved somewhat by the diuretics. This type of problem can also cause double vision, which I also have.

That's interesting and am glad its working for you.  When I think about pois I think about no refreshing sleep whatsoever and a bad mood.  I've always thought about that maybe if I could figure out the "sleep" thing that maybe I could cure my pois and the bad mood.  I too wake up several times a night.  As I've said before I am taking two tablets of tylenol extra strength (weird because tylenol has never really worked for me but maybe its the two pills?) to help me fall asleep.  Again, I've also stated before that the days that i do have really refreshing sleep and sleep all night (only occurs a few nights a year if even that many), the next day I feel phenomenally good without pois.

Please update on your use with these diuretics as I might give it a try, I'm looking for something to help calm me down and help me sleep..

Thanks

Diuretic Update

So far it seems like diuretics allow me to think clearer, and one herbal specific herbal blend has allowed me to sleep very soundly. I am now considering that this is all to do with the prostate, which fits in nicely with the theory that POIS symptoms are a result of an inflamed prostate.  This week I took a diuretic formula that has Uva Ursi which is great for the urinary tract, and also has Buchu leaf, which is great for the PROSTATE. It makes sense that an irritated prostate would be soothed by removing some water thus reducing the pressure, plus any inherent anti-inflammatory action that the herbs have (Buchu specifically). I'm going to look for a prostate formula that contains Buchu leaf and try that as well.

Can you tell me what that one specific herbal blend to help you sleep is?  and where I can get it?

Thanks again 

It seems to be a common combination that you will find in herbal diuretics, sometimes with other herbs like cornsilk or dandelion. The one I have is called Herbal Diuretic by Jamieson. Most pharmacies should have one or two types of such products on their shelves. If you want to read the ingredients bring your magnifing glass, lol. I am not having the sleep success that I initially had with this product, and I am fearing that it was only the initial reaction to it that helped me so much, not sure at this point.  For sure these herbal diuretics allow me to think clearer, that has not changed. But the incredible sleep that I got from that specific blend is not performing any more. My thinking is that it was the muscle relaxant properties of one of the herbs that caused the sleep. That would make sense because the only time that I have had a decent sleep in the last 10-15 years is when I am sick with a cold, then I sleep like a baby because I am run down and relaxed.

WARNING:  Uva Ursi can be toxic. I know anything, even water can be toxic but some sources claim that it should only be taken for a short duration.  This source says no longer than 5 days:

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/uva-ursi-000278.htm

My diuretic bottle labels do not contain such warnings so I presume it is a dose dependent warning, or maybe this listed source is very cautious.
« Last Edit: 11/12/2011 11:11:20 by John21 »

Offline questforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: 11/12/2011 15:53:42 »
Hi Everyone, its been a long time since I posted on here and I have been reading through all of the posts.

Please can someone tell me as I have been unable to find this. Has anyone constructed a poll or questionnaire for us members to discover if there is a common pattern to:
mental/physical symptoms
chemical levels in the body for tests
supplements/medication that have showed negative and positive effect

Is there any test the moderators believe we should have done - hair elemental analysis?  If we are all anxious for the answers to this, perhaps we should be all getting the same tests done instead of spending money guessing on supplements etc.

There seems to be some people drawing some conclusions, ie low histamine, low zinc levels etc.

Apologies if this has already done but if it has been its not easy to find, perhaps something like this could have an easy access on ever POIS page?  Its very confusing going through peoples notes working out what might be relevant to us all.  I like all of you, im sure want to draw to conclusions, and for me the current format makes this difficult.

I personally have had many tests and am willing to share information however there is also the issue of sharing information that is not relevant  and causing more confusion.

It appears this issue is complex (not saying that the solution has to be) and that if we are not responding to results/factual info then we could be all guessing for a very long time wasting time and money with theories and supplements.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: 11/12/2011 20:32:53 »
Very good job Vincent Marcus. Pois may cause a rush of histamines, then a depletion.

Claritin and Benardyl are H1 anti-histamine class.

H1 receptors tend to produce the symptoms already listed and activate allergic reactions.

H2 receptors tend to act as negative feedback receptors and turn the allergic reaction off. They also activate the acid-producing, parietal cells of the stomach lining.

Histamine dilates blood vessels and acts with prostaglandins, PGE2 and PGI2, to produce the early swelling, redness and heat of an inflammatory response.

Claririn seems very safe and popular.
Scientific name : Loratadine
Dose : 10 mg a day
Duration of action : 24 hours
Onset : 1-2 hours    

Great answer to a complex question! One would think that if it's an alegrgic reaction, we would need to "kill" the histamines (anti-histamines), but the depletion that anti-histamines can cause has only partial effect, and I think the following is why.

Its seems there could be a more complex situation. First of all, the human male orgasm generates a histamine rush that I would tend to say goes beyond the reach of anti-histamines. If the system normally generates them, it's because they are required. Reducing that reaction with anti-histamines would have a negative effect, and furthermore, most of our tests of anti-histamines have been "after the fact", after the histamaine rush of the orgasm.

So, something like niacin, is like "food" for the system that genreates histamines, and is the same "food" that is definitely required to produce dopamine and serotonine. During the histamine rush and later during any potential auto-immune reaction, all "food" is consumed to make the required histamines. So no "food" remains to make dopamine and serotinine. Geez, why do we feel bad?

So the histamine pump before "O" is tremendously important.

So why don't we have enough capacity to provide this "food" ourselves??

GOOD QUESTION. Who might know? Who, that is, with experience and title and facilities to make ALL of us warm and fuzzy?

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: 11/12/2011 20:44:00 »
the learning channel

so I was the first person asked for this episode. I said no cause my girlfriend was like NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. Ok. Well, we broke up, and now I look at this episode, and /facepalm repeatedly because its not the sperm (testes) its the seminal fluid (prostate).

i.... apologize my friends, for failing to address POIS properly on camera. Im considering calling TLC and asking them if they have another opportunity available.

raping your own brain via nocturnal emissions that you and 99% of the male population cant control, is a more poignant observation of the severity of this condition

You know, any one of us can go on one of these shows and say what we THINK is going on, and we'd probably just be showing our ignorance.

We've all got our theories, God only knows. And right now, he's the only one who knows. What we need are facts. $30.000 more of facts. Research is ALL that we have.

These shows are exposure. They help us find people with bucks to get us that very needed research.

The best that we can do is exactly what has been done. Show what this monster is and what it can lead us to, how it screws up our lives.

There are good people out there with both cash and hearts!!

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: 11/12/2011 21:11:05 »
I'd like to comment on Cornelius's post.

I would venture based on my experience and I suspect many like your own, hat Cornelius has a particular situation which probably reflects in some of us here.

We have had a very hard time with confusion between POIS and other illnesses like ADD, depression, CFS, Sexual Exhaustion etc. etc. This confusion is accentuated by the fact that POIS not only interacts with the aforementioned illnesses, but can outright create symptoms similar to them.

I know there are a number of us who very likely suffer from one or more of these illnesses in and of themselves, or have developed one of them as a result of a lifetime of POIS.

We each have to evaluate what our own situation might be. I can unequivocally state that my situation is NOT like Cornelius's, however, it may well serve some of you to check and see if there could be some other factor involved in your POIS situation.

Perhaps the strongest point to consider is whether or not you can ever find POIS free moments, this of course after a respectable time of abstenance. Obviously if you are having orgasms once every two days, you cannot answer this question. I would imagine that at least 4 weeks of abstenance would be required to properly identify whether your symptoms diminish or not. Some may require more, some less.

BUT, it is certain that Cornelius is not speaking for ALL POIS sufferes, however, the whole area of depression and ADD is a headache for POIS.

Again, RESEARCH, RESEARCH is our only answer. We can ask, and doubt and debate and wonder until we're blue in the face!!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: 11/12/2011 21:50:13 »
So I've had pois since I was 12.  I'm 28 now, and over the last 16 years, I don't think there were many days that I was out of POIS.  On days now when I'm out of it, I'm in a much better mood, I feel much better, I have less anxiety.  And I can think a little better.  But I can't think perfectly.

Yesterday in class we had to give presentations.  There was no way I could have gotten up, without notes, and spoken for 5 minutes like almost everybody else did.  I had to pass my part off to someone on my team.

Do ya'll think that pois could have given me brainfog for so long that my brain doesn't know how to make the connections properly anymore.  Maybe it will take years out of it for me to really sharpen my thinking again.  

Is this the case with anyone else?  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: 12/12/2011 00:36:21 »

Defsync --

It's sad that you cannot wholeheartedly support your comrade in his willingness to have gone public via the TLC program.

You've attempted to diminish someone who had the personal fortitude that you, yourself, did not have when the opportunity was apparently presented to you.

The TLC channel will not be interested in another POIS story. They've covered the topic already, thanks to Animus and his courage!!

As an aside -- the TLC channel and its producers/directors edit their shows to THEIR liking.  NORD has worked with them closely on several episodes (we had nothing to do with the POIS episode -- I wish that I could say we did!). We know that they write their shows with tact and compassion, and provide only as much scientific information as they feel the general public will want. Like all TV shows -- they present what they think will appeal to the largest audience.

Please -- everyone -- think about how your comments might make another person feel.  It's difficult with all the frustration and misery that POIS causes -- but this is a support group -- you all need to boost each other up, not tear each other down.

If a comment generates more heat than light -- then it's not the right comment.[size]

the learning channel

so I was the first person asked for this episode. I said no cause my girlfriend was like NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. Ok. Well, we broke up, and now I look at this episode, and /facepalm repeatedly because its not the sperm (testes) its the seminal fluid (prostate).

i.... apologize my friends, for failing to address POIS properly on camera. Im considering calling TLC and asking them if they have another opportunity available.

raping your own brain via nocturnal emissions that you and 99% of the male population cant control, is a more poignant observation of the severity of this condition

THANK YOU, STEFANIE!!!

Demografx
Daveman

Disclosure:
I delete-edited the MOST offensive items in his post. This constitutes a WARNING to not post ad hominems about a fellow Forum member. Or you will be banned.
Demografx
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 16:31:58 by demografx »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: 12/12/2011 03:52:45 »
So I've had pois since I was 12.  I'm 28 now, and over the last 16 years, I don't think there were many days that I was out of POIS.  On days now when I'm out of it, I'm in a much better mood, I feel much better, I have less anxiety.  And I can think a little better.  But I can't think perfectly.

Yesterday in class we had to give presentations.  There was no way I could have gotten up, without notes, and spoken for 5 minutes like almost everybody else did.  I had to pass my part off to someone on my team.

Do ya'll think that pois could have given me brainfog for so long that my brain doesn't know how to make the connections properly anymore.  Maybe it will take years out of it for me to really sharpen my thinking again.  

that is my biggest fear. I am almost constantly in pois to. When i heal, i still get a good amount of duh moments or i should have got that faster than that  and bad memory, but am funnier and able to hold conversation much better, enough to be the center of it. So i attribute that to the body needing time to fully heal from so long of pois, 16 years is freaking long for repeated damage.
i have couple of things that i read will help brain neurons am going to use to bring my brain to 100%when we finally figure this pois out.  and i am suspicious of food, because on days i heal i feel much better in the morning than towards the evening.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: 12/12/2011 04:20:26 »
that is my biggest fear. I am almost constantly in pois to. When i heal, i still get a good amount of duh moments or i should have got that faster than that  and bad memory, but am funnier and able to hold conversation much better, enough to be the center of it. So i attribute that to the body needing time to fully heal from so long of pois, 16 years is freaking long for repeated damage.
i have couple of things that i read will help brain neurons am going to use to bring my brain to 100%when we finally figure this pois out.  and i am suspicious of food, because on days i heal i feel much better in the morning than towards the evening.

thanks for the response.  It's very helpful for me to know that you're going through the same thing.  What you say is exactly what I'm talking about - Out of pois I'm also funnier and even feel somewhat comfortable being the center of attention -  But my memory....It's still soooo bad!  Ccconfucius, can you send me that thing you read, or tell me about it?  I'm thinking about going to see a neurologist to get my brain mapped and analyzed for deficiencies.  I'm not even sure they do that but I view this as a very serious problem.

Per foods affecting you, I've found high fructose corn syrup as a repeat offender on me.  I have to make an effort to cut out all those non-natural sodas out of my diet.
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 04:24:48 by B_Daniel »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: 12/12/2011 16:22:49 »
Maybe I missed something but I don't think Dysfync meant to be cruel to Animus. It just seemed to me that he was disagreeing with the general outcome the show presented as the sperm being the thing our immune system reacts to as opposed to the semen, which could be the case. I don't think he specifically said anything to offend Animus in anyway unless perhaps Demo deleted that part before I saw it.

Yes, sadly, I deleted 3 vile personal-attack sentences.
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 16:34:10 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: 12/12/2011 16:38:43 »
Adding to Stefanie's inspirational words: this forum is not just a knowledge-based info center. This forum is a SAFE HAVEN from a world that does NOT understand us! The LAST thing any of us need is personal attacks from FELLOW POISers.

Don't we suffer enough WITHOUT that????

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: 12/12/2011 17:10:56 »
Maybe I missed something but I don't think Dysfync meant to be cruel to Animus. It just seemed to me that he was disagreeing with the general outcome the show presented as the sperm being the thing our immune system reacts to as opposed to the semen, which could be the case. I don't think he specifically said anything to offend Animus in anyway unless perhaps Demo deleted that part before I saw it.

I dont agree with what he did but I also think defysnc is super stressed out right now. Defysnc dont let pois and the stress get to you.

Thanks nordnurse for calling that out.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: 12/12/2011 18:33:01 »

CC, thanks for providing more perspective!

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: 12/12/2011 19:45:14 »
ABC Australia are filming a documentary on POIS- The Catalyst http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/- which consists on several interviews to people suffering POIS, Doctors investigating this condition and the procedures of skin ***** test and desensitization.

I am going to appear on that program -to be aired maybe on April- and i have already done the interview. I talked about the symptoms i suffer from POIS, how was my life affected by POIS, how i discovered that something called POIS already exists and that it fits on my symptoms. I talked about this forum and the other, that i could share most of my suffering with all the people here when reading their stories, and several screen-shots of poiscenter.forum and NORD are going to appear on the program. I talked about how a russian doctor discovered the use of niacin against POIS, how jivetalk explained me how i should use it-and i described it- and how this has made my POIS symptoms completely dissappear. I told that it was difficult to explain to the others what you have been passing through, i told them about my relationship with my girlfriend, and finally how my life has improved since the discover of niacin-vitamin B3. That was yesterday.

Today, i went to The Hague to perform an skin ***** test. I met there with Dr. Waldinger and Dr. Meinardi and they explained me the procedures of the test. I masturbated in a private room- I took the niacin like 90 minutes before- and they dilluted the semen sample and injected me my this concentration of my own semen. All of this has been recorded (Edit: Not the private part of course ::)).  They were expecting a big red circle around the spot where they injected the dilluted concentration, but in fact it only appeared a small circle (between 1-2 cm diameter) and i did not get any POIS symptoms. It was the first time they did the procedure with a patient who has taken the niacin before. Dr.Meinardi told me that i was allergic to my own semen-so that i have POIS-even though the reaction was very small. I said to the camera that that reaction could be explained by the niacin blocking it. They didnīt know what was going to happen if i took the niacin prior to the test.

I wish wholeheartedly that this could serve our purpose to find the definitive explanation for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome, to spread the word about it and let know some men that they could be suffering POIS, to raise money for NORD fund and finally, to get a definitive cure (for me it is the niacin, but i know that not all the people is fully cured by this) for this miserable condition. Thank you very much to all you for what you have done and what you are doing. You are responsible for improving my life and let me being myself again after a long, long time, and this just was my payment. (Observer)
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 19:52:58 by observercenter »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #15090 on: 12/12/2011 19:56:24 »
Update:

Thanks

Diuretic Update

Thanks again 

It seems to be a common combination that you will find in herbal diuretics, sometimes with other herbs like cornsilk or dandelion. The one I have is called Herbal Diuretic by Jamieson. Most pharmacies should have one or two types of such products on their shelves. If you want to read the ingredients bring your magnifing glass, lol. I am not having the sleep success that I initially had with this product, and I am fearing that it was only the initial reaction to it that helped me so much, not sure at this point.  For sure these herbal diuretics allow me to think clearer, that has not changed. But the incredible sleep that I got from that specific blend is not performing any more. My thinking is that it was the muscle relaxant properties of one of the herbs that caused the sleep. That would make sense because the only time that I have had a decent sleep in the last 10-15 years is when I am sick with a cold, then I sleep like a baby because I am run down and relaxed.

WARNING:  Uva Ursi can be toxic. I know anything, even water can be toxic but some sources claim that it should only be taken for a short duration.  This source says no longer than 5 days:

My diuretic bottle labels do not contain such warnings so I presume it is a dose dependent warning, or maybe this listed source is very cautious.

Thanks for that information.  I think it is the initial "exposure" to the drug or herb that really takes a tone on our bodies.  Like I said before, I took two tylenol and fell asleep, but after repeated exposure to tylenol it has lost its affect on me to make me fall asleep.  Maybe the trick here is to rotate different herbs/drugs around different days so our bodies never develop a tolerance to it.

I am going to try valerian.
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 20:04:25 by GoingCrazy »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: 12/12/2011 20:00:25 »

I think the key thing here is to not really make a big deal about it, but change whatever thing said that was hurtful.  You know everybody has their "POIS" days so you can expect someone to come on here angry and post and maybe say something they wouldn't really mean to say.  So I think we really need to just expect these things to happen, yet, still change whatever was wrong.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: 12/12/2011 20:29:11 »
Today, i went to The Hague to perform an skin ***** test. I met there with Dr. Waldinger and Dr. Meinardi and they explained me the procedures of the test. I masturbated in a private room- I took the niacin like 90 minutes before- and they dilluted the semen sample and injected me my this concentration of my own semen. All of this has been recorded.  They were expecting a big red circle around the spot where they injected the dilluted concentration, but in fact it only appeared a small circle (between 1-2 cm diameter) and i did not get any POIS symptoms. It was the first time they did the procedure with a patient who has taken the niacin before. Dr.Meinardi told me that i was allergic to my own semen-so that i have POIS-even though the reaction was very small. I said to the camera that that reaction could be explained by the niacin blocking it. They didnīt know what was going to happen if i took the niacin prior to the test.

I wish wholeheartedly that this could serve our purpose to find the definitive explanation for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome, to spread the word about it and let know some men that they could be suffering POIS, to raise money for NORD fund and finally, to get a definitive cure (for me it is the niacin, but i know that not all the people is fully cured by this) for this miserable condition. Thank you very much to all you for what you have done and what you are doing. You are responsible for improving my life and let me being myself again after a long, long time, and this just was my payment. (Observer)

That's astonishing. Niacin is definitely having a positive effect on me also. I take it with a separate high strength multi-vitamin, don't want to name the brand. I actually feel pretty damn good right now but the multi-vitamin is very high in Zinc and B6. My twin sister has been tested as deficient in several b vitamins so it's possible that it's a combination of all these supplements. Ya know, if this POIS thing hadn't screwed up my life for years I'd be fascinated by it.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: 12/12/2011 20:39:38 »
For everybody taking niacin, check this out.

http://lucidconsciousness.blogspot.com/2009/01/niacin-and-pdg2-sleep-substance.html

and

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/327/3/665.short

Perhaps I need to get some niacin that actually causes a flush?  Because I am taking slo-niacin designed for no flushing.
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 21:39:09 by GoingCrazy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: 12/12/2011 22:06:05 »

ABC Australia are filming a documentary on POIS - The Catalyst http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/- which consists on several interviews to people suffering POIS, Doctors investigating this condition and the procedures of skin ***** test and desensitization.

I am going to appear on that program -to be aired maybe on April- and i have already done the interview. I talked about the symptoms i suffer from POIS, how was my life affected by POIS, how i discovered that something called POIS already exists and that it fits on my symptoms. I talked about this forum and the other, that i could share most of my suffering with all the people here when reading their stories, and several screen-shots of poiscenter.forum and NORD are going to appear on the program. I talked about how a russian doctor discovered the use of niacin against POIS, how jivetalk explained me how i should use it-and i described it- and how this has made my POIS symptoms completely dissappear. I told that it was difficult to explain to the others what you have been passing through, i told them about my relationship with my girlfriend, and finally how my life has improved since the discover of niacin-vitamin B3. That was yesterday.

Today, i went to The Hague to perform an skin ***** test. I met there with Dr. Waldinger and Dr. Meinardi and they explained me the procedures of the test. I masturbated in a private room- I took the niacin like 90 minutes before- and they dilluted the semen sample and injected me my this concentration of my own semen. All of this has been recorded (Edit: Not the private part of course ::)).  They were expecting a big red circle around the spot where they injected the dilluted concentration, but in fact it only appeared a small circle (between 1-2 cm diameter) and i did not get any POIS symptoms. It was the first time they did the procedure with a patient who has taken the niacin before. Dr.Meinardi told me that i was allergic to my own semen-so that i have POIS-even though the reaction was very small. I said to the camera that that reaction could be explained by the niacin blocking it. They didnīt know what was going to happen if i took the niacin prior to the test.

observercenter, thank you very, very much for the update!
« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 22:13:25 by demografx »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: 12/12/2011 22:06:28 »

I think the key thing here is to not really make a big deal about it, but change whatever thing said that was hurtful.  You know everybody has their "POIS" days so you can expect someone to come on here angry and post and maybe say something they wouldn't really mean to say.  So I think we really need to just expect these things to happen, yet, still change whatever was wrong.

It IS a big deal, and not something that's pleasant to HAVE to do, especially on POIS days.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: 12/12/2011 22:15:11 »

Thank you, daveman.

« Last Edit: 12/12/2011 22:56:22 by demografx »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: 12/12/2011 23:43:22 »
observer very nice. love the bad to good story, let people see the difference.   

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: 13/12/2011 00:44:44 »
Today, i went to The Hague to perform an skin ***** test. I met there with Dr. Waldinger and Dr. Meinardi and they explained me the procedures of the test. I masturbated in a private room- I took the niacin like 90 minutes before- and they dilluted the semen sample and injected me my this concentration of my own semen. All of this has been recorded.  They were expecting a big red circle around the spot where they injected the dilluted concentration, but in fact it only appeared a small circle (between 1-2 cm diameter) and i did not get any POIS symptoms. It was the first time they did the procedure with a patient who has taken the niacin before. Dr.Meinardi told me that i was allergic to my own semen-so that i have POIS-even though the reaction was very small. I said to the camera that that reaction could be explained by the niacin blocking it. They didnīt know what was going to happen if i took the niacin prior to the test.

That's astonishing. Niacin is definitely having a positive effect on me also. I take it with a separate high strength multi-vitamin, don't want to name the brand. I actually feel pretty damn good right now but the multi-vitamin is very high in Zinc and B6. My twin sister has been tested as deficient in several b vitamins so it's possible that it's a combination of all these supplements. Ya know, if this POIS thing hadn't screwed up my life for years I'd be fascinated by it.

What kind of Niacin are you using?

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: 13/12/2011 01:04:09 »
This source says no longer than 5 days:
John, check this about the five days:
http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/files/2585-%20Herbal%20Diuretic%20monograph.pdf
I'm not sure if it's the same product you took.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15099 on: 13/12/2011 01:04:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length