The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6448488 times)

Offline martin88

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #15150 on: 21/12/2011 11:02:25 »
does anyone know if type IV allergies are histamine related? I could only find articles about type I and histamine.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: 21/12/2011 20:46:36 »
does anyone know if type IV allergies are histamine related? I could only find articles about type I and histamine.
Don't believe so but corticosteroids are still used to treat type 4 and these suppress the release of prostaglandins and histamine from mast cells. Perhaps we're overly concentrating on histamine. Oddly enough, niacin should create a rush of both as far as I can figure out. Who was it who suggested that the Niacin basically runs out the histamine and prostaglandin which is found in several places in the body, including seminal fluid? There's something very important in this niacin reaction that we need to study. For instance, aspirin would reduce the production of prostglandin. Has anyone experimented with taking aspirin before or after O and, if so, what results did they get?
If prostaglandin is an important part of the POIS reaction (if that isn't too reductionist) then aspirin should have a noticeable positive or negative effect when taken before or after an orgasm.

My recovery from POIS symptoms, when I get them, is based on supplements which should increase the production and release of prostaglandin (PGI2) but the half life of prostaglandin is very short afaik, something like 30 seconds. So we're back to the assumption that we're stimulating production in order to create temporary depletions of other chemicals which may be used to synthesise other chemicals which _do bad things_... Any better ideas?

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: 21/12/2011 22:30:46 »
Tried to post a few times yesterday but the forum had problems. Not to worry. I have only observed 1 strong allergic reaction to my sperm in many years and that could have been my diet that day which had lots of niacin, garlic and curry. Long story :) I have a range of allergies but a severe allergic reaction to my sperm on my skin isn't one of them (like another poster, I've tested the past few weeks) so I've started to think of the allergies as being related to an overall condition of which the POIS lethargy/fatigue symptoms are only one part.
I tried discussing this with different GPs and a few years back I ended up doing one session with a GP who was interested in holistic health care. They weren't recommending homeopathy (which I have an intellectual aversion to, not trying to offend anybody but that's just how it is) but they did suggest I might have a condition known as pyroluria evidenced by a range of symptoms including light sensitivity, inability to tan, lots of white specs on my nails etc. For whatever reasons, I ignored this diagnosis at the time. However, when I read the famous "niacin" post on poiscenter I remembered pyroluria and did some reading, including linus pauling's work on orthomolecular medicine.
The reason I'm mentioning all this is that over the past 3 weeks I've had 4 O's with minimal symptoms and the past few days I've actually felt energetic. Feels a bit odd tbh. The difference is 150 mg of niacin every morning (occasionally 2 50 mg if I haven't flushed with 150) and 2 tablets of ZMA every night. ZMA is Zinc, Magnesium and b6. I take a good bit of vit-c also (~2g / day) and some fish oil with extra DHA and EPO (high in GLA). These are the kinds of supplements that are recommended for pyroluria. Well, I feel pretty good. I started to feel better when I noticed I had started to recall my dreams again. After that I noticed I was becoming more productive in work. This is interesting as many health practitioners dismiss much of orthomolecular medicine and would deny there's any such thing as pyroluria. All I know is that I've had a range of problems which started in mid puberty and coincided with increased frequency of O and 2 months spent recovering from what was described as e-coli poisoning but could have been something else.  I've often wondered over the years what effect that had as I don't remember serious digestive problems before then.
So if anyone else has these symptoms then perhaps they should add GLA, b6, magnesium and zinc supplementation to their diet. My symptoms included lots of white spots on heavily ridged finger and toe nails, digestive discomfort, anxiety, signs of hyperacusis, frequent stitches in my side when I ran as a child, cold hands & feet, paler skin than family members, tiredness, achievement driven by adrenalin then nervous exhaustion, crowded teeth, anxiety, blood relatives with depression or schizoid illnesses, leg tremors & sudden jerky movements, poor dream recall, irritability and memory issues. I was treated for depression with SSRI's and they brought some relief but didn't address any of the underlying cognitive issues.
 I'm guessing this is the same for other POIS sufferers who have had depression? Perhaps the 2 things are related.

Kurtosis
I pretty much could have written your post with the exception of the e-coli poisoning and schizoid relatives bits. I am currently on pyroluria treatment since mid July. I was tested and showed a moderatly high score. I'm a disappointed actually. I was going to wait till a few more months before posting on here in relation to pyroluria. Supposidly the treatment can take up to 12 mths to be fully effective. For the first 9 weeks on the program I felt worse. Very tired. I had to take time off work. though I started to get run down just prior to this, so it may have just been a coicidence.
After that it seemed to have a more positive change for me though nothing startling. I had slightly better cognition and better dreams + recall, but in terms of improving my sleep or preventing brain fog after an O, it has helped just a little, not to any significant degree to make me want to come on here and inform everyone they got to get tested. I used to be quite anxious when I was younger and it pretty much disappeared over the past 8 yrs but in the past 2 mths my anxiety has come back and I have even had periods of feeling sad, so it seems it is stirring things up, but not like I had hoped. I am continuing on with it and just hope that I was going through some sort of detox phase (methionine is part of the treatment) and that it proves to be a great thing for me going forward.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: 21/12/2011 23:19:35 »
Oddly enough, niacin should create a rush of both as far as I can figure out. Who was it who suggested that the Niacin basically runs out the histamine and prostaglandin which is found in several places in the body, including seminal fluid?

I've noticed that if I don't take quite enough niacin, I still get great releif the first two days, but the "type IV" reaction on days 2 to 4 comes through. That actually surprised me because I had thought that the "type I" was a  necesary precursor to the "type IV".

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15154 on: 22/12/2011 19:04:01 »
Tried to post a few times yesterday but the forum had problems. Not to worry. I have only observed 1 strong allergic reaction to my sperm in many years and that could have been my diet that day which had lots of niacin, garlic and curry. Long story :) I have a range of allergies but a severe allergic reaction to my sperm on my skin isn't one of them (like another poster, I've tested the past few weeks) so I've started to think of the allergies as being related to an overall condition of which the POIS lethargy/fatigue symptoms are only one part.
I tried discussing this with different GPs and a few years back I ended up doing one session with a GP who was interested in holistic health care. They weren't recommending homeopathy (which I have an intellectual aversion to, not trying to offend anybody but that's just how it is) but they did suggest I might have a condition known as pyroluria evidenced by a range of symptoms including light sensitivity, inability to tan, lots of white specs on my nails etc. For whatever reasons, I ignored this diagnosis at the time. However, when I read the famous "niacin" post on poiscenter I remembered pyroluria and did some reading, including linus pauling's work on orthomolecular medicine.
The reason I'm mentioning all this is that over the past 3 weeks I've had 4 O's with minimal symptoms and the past few days I've actually felt energetic. Feels a bit odd tbh. The difference is 150 mg of niacin every morning (occasionally 2 50 mg if I haven't flushed with 150) and 2 tablets of ZMA every night. ZMA is Zinc, Magnesium and b6. I take a good bit of vit-c also (~2g / day) and some fish oil with extra DHA and EPO (high in GLA). These are the kinds of supplements that are recommended for pyroluria. Well, I feel pretty good. I started to feel better when I noticed I had started to recall my dreams again. After that I noticed I was becoming more productive in work. This is interesting as many health practitioners dismiss much of orthomolecular medicine and would deny there's any such thing as pyroluria. All I know is that I've had a range of problems which started in mid puberty and coincided with increased frequency of O and 2 months spent recovering from what was described as e-coli poisoning but could have been something else.  I've often wondered over the years what effect that had as I don't remember serious digestive problems before then.
So if anyone else has these symptoms then perhaps they should add GLA, b6, magnesium and zinc supplementation to their diet. My symptoms included lots of white spots on heavily ridged finger and toe nails, digestive discomfort, anxiety, signs of hyperacusis, frequent stitches in my side when I ran as a child, cold hands & feet, paler skin than family members, tiredness, achievement driven by adrenalin then nervous exhaustion, crowded teeth, anxiety, blood relatives with depression or schizoid illnesses, leg tremors & sudden jerky movements, poor dream recall, irritability and memory issues. I was treated for depression with SSRI's and they brought some relief but didn't address any of the underlying cognitive issues.
 I'm guessing this is the same for other POIS sufferers who have had depression? Perhaps the 2 things are related.

Kurtosis
I pretty much could have written your post with the exception of the e-coli poisoning and schizoid relatives bits. I am currently on pyroluria treatment since mid July. I was tested and showed a moderatly high score. I'm a disappointed actually. I was going to wait till a few more months before posting on here in relation to pyroluria. Supposidly the treatment can take up to 12 mths to be fully effective. For the first 9 weeks on the program I felt worse. Very tired. I had to take time off work. though I started to get run down just prior to this, so it may have just been a coicidence.
After that it seemed to have a more positive change for me though nothing startling. I had slightly better cognition and better dreams + recall, but in terms of improving my sleep or preventing brain fog after an O, it has helped just a little, not to any significant degree to make me want to come on here and inform everyone they got to get tested. I used to be quite anxious when I was younger and it pretty much disappeared over the past 8 yrs but in the past 2 mths my anxiety has come back and I have even had periods of feeling sad, so it seems it is stirring things up, but not like I had hoped. I am continuing on with it and just hope that I was going through some sort of detox phase (methionine is part of the treatment) and that it proves to be a great thing for me going forward.
Hi Acronym,
Are you taking Niacin also? For me, that seems to be making a big difference. I'm guessing niacin in the morning releases serotonin which has an anti-depressant effect. I'm also walking more as I've more energy. Perhaps the combination of the pyroluric treatment at night and the niacin in the morning and increased exercise is producing a kind of positive feedback loop.

All I can say is that I feel much better since I started taking the niacin and the ZMA.
There are 2 other factors I can think of. 1) I never have more than 1 O a week anymore. Too much hassle and I rarely get NE's so that's not a problem for me. 2) I drink chlorella most days which I'm told is good at chelating copper out of the body. The first few days felt a bit odd and
this makes me very "regular" but I think it may have helped me make progress with the pyroluric treatment this time. The other sign that something is working is a fungal infection has cleared up. I remembered at the time that the "holistic doctor" had said such infections thrived in bodies where there was a poor copper balance. She seemed to suggest that some people store copper in the tissues but their blood plasma copper was low due to some misfiring enzymatic reaction. I must download a few papers on this as I thought it sounded like crap at the time. I guess sometimes we dismiss good advice if we don't like the packaging :)
There's no doubt these supplements have made a difference to my clarity of thought and level of energy.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: 22/12/2011 19:06:21 »
Oddly enough, niacin should create a rush of both as far as I can figure out. Who was it who suggested that the Niacin basically runs out the histamine and prostaglandin which is found in several places in the body, including seminal fluid?

I've noticed that if I don't take quite enough niacin, I still get great releif the first two days, but the "type IV" reaction on days 2 to 4 comes through. That actually surprised me because I had thought that the "type I" was a  necesary precursor to the "type IV".

I did too. Do we have any biochemists or people from NORD on the forum who could comment on this?

Offline Willem

• View Profile
« Reply #15156 on: 23/12/2011 05:06:22 »
I've noticed the same thing with anti-histamines.  I'll be feeling good, type I reaction is down, increase frequency and the type IV reactions start piling up and I feel lousy again.  I think the type IV involves completely different mechanisms of the immune system than type I.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: 23/12/2011 10:33:06 »

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: 23/12/2011 17:14:45 »
Vandemolen3 -- welcome back! It's really good to see you once again on the forum.

And it's great to hear about your progress. 

Who's your doctor (who is the physician giving you the injections)?  What's his name?

Stef

I am back at the turn of the tide. I come with good news.

Desensitization plan works for me. I have 40-50% less symptoms.  I used to have 4 days of POIS. Now it is 2 days. And sometimes only 1 day. I began with a dillution of 1/10.000. Then 1/1000, 1/200, 1/70, 1/50, 1/30, 1/15. And today it was 1/5. The good news is that the max was 1/20. Now there was a meeting with allergists in The Netherlands. They said the dillution can be lower. Now the max is 1/2. Almost pure semen. When I went from 1/50 to 1/30 I had pain in my arms for 6 weeks. And I had a red mark on my arm and under my armpit. I thought it was blood-poisoning, because at another hospital an intern took some blood from my arm and she couldn't do it with 1 shot. But the doctor said this was just the reaction of the desensitization. Last time I had no reaction at all from the injection, no little red mark. So that's why today we went to 1/5. And today my arm really hurts again. :(

The other good news is that the Dutch health insurance are willing to pay for their clients. So that's why a few allergists are willing to do the desensitization. Next week there will be a test of 2 patients of 2 different allergists at the clinic where I go. So hopefully all the POIS-patients in The Netherlands can be helped in 2012 immediately!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: 23/12/2011 20:30:08 »

« Last Edit: 23/12/2011 21:40:21 by demografx »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: 23/12/2011 22:56:54 »
Happy festivities everyone.
Hoping Santa Pois doesn't visit you - has already visited me.. :/
« Last Edit: 23/12/2011 23:06:41 by mellivora »

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #15161 on: 23/12/2011 23:55:07 »
Vandemolen3 -- welcome back! It's really good to see you once again on the forum.

Who's your doctor (who is the physician giving you the injections)?  What's his name?

Stef

I am back at the turn of the tide. I come with good news.

Desensitization plan works for me. I have 40-50% less symptoms.  I used to have 4 days of POIS. Now it is 2 days. And sometimes only 1 day. I began with a dillution of 1/10.000. Then 1/1000, 1/200, 1/70, 1/50, 1/30, 1/15. And today it was 1/5. The good news is that the max was 1/20. Now there was a meeting with allergists in The Netherlands. They said the dillution can be lower. Now the max is 1/2. Almost pure semen. When I went from 1/50 to 1/30 I had pain in my arms for 6 weeks. And I had a red mark on my arm and under my armpit. I thought it was blood-poisoning, because at another hospital an intern took some blood from my arm and she couldn't do it with 1 shot. But the doctor said this was just the reaction of the desensitization. Last time I had no reaction at all from the injection, no little red mark. So that's why today we went to 1/5. And today my arm really hurts again. :(

The other good news is that the Dutch health insurance are willing to pay for their clients. So that's why a few allergists are willing to do the desensitization. Next week there will be a test of 2 patients of 2 different allergists at the clinic where I go. So hopefully all the POIS-patients in The Netherlands can be helped in 2012 immediately!

Vandemolen3, Are you also taking niacin as a preventive measure or any other remedies during this desensitization process.   

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: 24/12/2011 00:29:57 »
Vandemolen3, Are you also taking niacin as a preventive measure or any other remedies during this desensitization process.   
I don't have to take the Niacin before the injection. But because sometimes I have to go back to work I take Niacin just for the 10 or 20% extra relief. And once I had already a cold, but I wanted to do the injections. So I began taking Niacin. I had 2 injections with taking Niacin before the O. Maybe next time before the injection I will not take Niacin to see the effect. Now I take Niacin so I can have 4 O.'s a week and without major symptoms.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: 24/12/2011 00:34:44 »

Stef
I am a patient of dr. Waldinger. They asked me not to mention the name of the doctor who does the injections. Because this doctor is very busy. He has 1 POIS-patient every day. But as I said before: I hope that within a few months there will be several hospitals in The Netherlands where they do the desensitization. And then all the Dutch POIS-patients and maybe also a few from abroad can have the injections.

Offline Vandemolen3

• View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: 24/12/2011 00:42:13 »
Hi all,

I've watched the youtube documentary about the guy who had Pois and undergone a surgery. That indicates the problem is coming from the testicles and/or prostate at the moment (or following) the orgasm.

Anyway, one of my main symptoms, besides the scalp tenderness and mental confusion, is the stomach issue. I think there is some issue with the stomach, which also causes dehydration.

It is impressive that just some seconds/minutes following an orgasm, i can feel my hands getting extremely dry. Is this normal? Could you ask to some non-Pois sufferer if their hands get very dry after having sex?

I also can see my facial skin flushing after having an orgasm (i think this is normal), but afterwards, it gets very dry (this may not be so normal). Maybe is the blood leaving the skin?

But it also could be that Pois does harm to the stomach, and the stomach is the organ which hydrates the body.
Yes my fingers also get dry because of POIS. Especcialy my especially my pointer finger. Sometimes I make my finger wet with my mouth. I have noticed this since I have a smartphone. When I go with my finger over the screen my movements are not so quick.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15165 on: 24/12/2011 02:21:14 »

Stef

They asked me not to mention the name of the doctor who does the injections.

Because this doctor is very busy.

??? That doesn't make sense.

One reason we want to know is so that we can evaluate his credentials.

To  make our own determination.

Why the secrecy? :D
« Last Edit: 24/12/2011 05:06:07 by demografx »

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: 24/12/2011 13:22:40 »
Merry Christmas!

All I can say is that I feel much better since I started taking the niacin and the ZMA.
There are 2 other factors I can think of. 1) I never have more than 1 O a week anymore. Too much hassle and I rarely get NE's so that's not a problem for me.
If I have one orgasm a week POIS is becoming unbearable in my case. I can have one orgasm a week but I'll sometimes NEED at least 3 weeks of abstinence to reset "I don't know what".
Other thing I noticed, if I have only one orgasm at a time, the physical fatigue is reduced a lot, while having several consecutive orgasms helps me in a way to forget problems, so I alternate depending of what I need more.

Regarding Niacin and ZMA it can be a complementary effect. An other property of high doses of niacin is to significantly reduce phosphate absorption. I think too much phosphate is causing mineral deficiencies. I don't know if it's related to the niacin success but worth mentioning. There's even a website http://www.phosadd.com saying ADHD is caused by phosphate intoxication but I couldn't find a lot of evidences.
« Last Edit: 24/12/2011 14:21:58 by martin88 »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: 24/12/2011 15:31:11 »
Merry Christmas!

Regarding Niacin and ZMA it can be a complementary effect. An other property of high doses of niacin is to significantly reduce phosphate absorption. I think too much phosphate is causing mineral deficiencies. I don't know if it's related to the niacin success but worth mentioning. There's even a website http://www.phosadd.com saying ADHD is caused by phosphate intoxication but I couldn't find a lot of evidences.
That's an interesting theory. Hope to get some tests done to see vit+mineral content of my hair and urine over the next few weeks. Problem is that for the tests to be accurate I'll have to stop taking the supplements. Even then, I often wonder if these things are capable of resetting themselves. For example, did I have a susceptibility to POIS symptoms that was kick started by the chronic gastric poisoning I got when I was younger... this undoubtedly led to mineral deficiencies.
Has anyone else had serious digestive problems that began around the same time as POIS? Anything clinically diagnosed would be even better.
For example, a colonoscopy revealed I had flattened villi which wasn't explained to by my allergic reaction to gluten which was present but not particularly severe. Normally doctors attribute this finding to something like coeliac disease but the gastroenterologist said it wasn't conclusive.  Has anybody else had similar problems?

and by the way :)
Merry Christmas guys & a pre-emptive Happy New Year. Hopefully 2012 will bring lots of progress for everybody here.

Offline questforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: 24/12/2011 18:19:14 »
I have had some success with Niacin although having a rash or a red face can be awkward to explain before sex.

I have some observations of my own.
I have had gastro issues as far as I can remember.  Stomach cramping, strange stomach noises, anxiety where the physical symptoms stem from the stomach.

I have always believed this is where the issue lyes.  Stomach problems get worse after ejaculation.  I also notice my breath feels stale after as well. In fact if I have sex without ejaculation i can still feel a rush to my stomach that seems to to travel down from my throat.

I have been to some the best hospitals in the UK and the one I am seeing at the moment has discovered I have an unusual level of parasites in my stomach.  These are blasto hominis and helicobacter pylori.

A theory is that these parasites can prevent the proper absorption of vitamins and minerals the body. I can confirm I am very low on zinc and vitamins B6, B1 and B2.  Being low on these can cause such complicated array of symptoms that it can quite easily send someone down the wrong path trying to chase a symptom rather than the cause.

When we ejaculate, does the body not have to use vital vitamins, minerals, amino acids to replace what is lost?  What if we are already low on these things?  does this drive us further into deficit?   The time taking for POIS symptoms to disappear, is this not the time taken to replenish and rebalance?

There is also the question of the effect it has on our hormones and what what must be an already compromised immune system.  Surely ejaculation is putting the body under stress where the system is already failing and then needs to replenish, restore and rebalance.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: 24/12/2011 18:44:10 »
Questforlife,

Interesting find. Could be good to know if any more of us have those parasites in excess.

I'll TRY to post your post on the other site so that the details might be more readily accessible in the future.

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: 24/12/2011 21:40:29 »
The secrecy that your physician is enforcing is unfortunate, Vandemolen.

But it's good to hear that you're having some success.

Stef
I am a patient of dr. Waldinger. They asked me not to mention the name of the doctor who does the injections. Because this doctor is very busy. He has 1 POIS-patient every day. But as I said before: I hope that within a few months there will be several hospitals in The Netherlands where they do the desensitization. And then all the Dutch POIS-patients and maybe also a few from abroad can have the injections.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: 25/12/2011 01:25:51 »

« Last Edit: 26/12/2011 00:53:28 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: 25/12/2011 01:26:43 »

Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Martin! Best wishes, and a HEARTY THANK YOU for all the great work you have done for this forum since 2007!

« Last Edit: 25/12/2011 01:44:59 by demografx »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: 25/12/2011 11:16:13 »
I have had some success with Niacin although having a rash or a red face can be awkward to explain before sex.

I have some observations of my own.
I have had gastro issues as far as I can remember.  Stomach cramping, strange stomach noises, anxiety where the physical symptoms stem from the stomach.

I have always believed this is where the issue lyes.  Stomach problems get worse after ejaculation.  I also notice my breath feels stale after as well. In fact if I have sex without ejaculation i can still feel a rush to my stomach that seems to to travel down from my throat.

I have been to some the best hospitals in the UK and the one I am seeing at the moment has discovered I have an unusual level of parasites in my stomach.  These are blasto hominis and helicobacter pylori.

A theory is that these parasites can prevent the proper absorption of vitamins and minerals the body. I can confirm I am very low on zinc and vitamins B6, B1 and B2.  Being low on these can cause such complicated array of symptoms that it can quite easily send someone down the wrong path trying to chase a symptom rather than the cause.

When we ejaculate, does the body not have to use vital vitamins, minerals, amino acids to replace what is lost?  What if we are already low on these things?  does this drive us further into deficit?   The time taking for POIS symptoms to disappear, is this not the time taken to replenish and rebalance?

There is also the question of the effect it has on our hormones and what what must be an already compromised immune system.  Surely ejaculation is putting the body under stress where the system is already failing and then needs to replenish, restore and rebalance.

Merry Christmas guys.
Yes, this all sounds very plausible Questforlife. A high amount of helicobacter pylori isn't something you'd want for all kinds of reasons. Have you had ulcers?

Can you let me know which hospital you're going to in the UK and the name of the test you got? I'd be interested in getting the same thing done. There's little doubt in my mind that much of this is down to mineral and vitamin deficiencies and that aggressively replenishing them post O seems to have an effect. Symptoms are reduced by having a surplus of various minerals in the body to avoid the deficit state. That's my experience anyway.

Unfortunately when I went to the gastroenterologist he didn't really give me much clue as to how to rectify the flattened villi problem. He wasn't convinced it was gluten but recommended I try a gluten free diet, this had no effect except to cost more money and not taste very nice :) What have you been recommended to control the bacteria in your gut?

Offline questforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: 26/12/2011 01:23:14 »
Hi Kurtosis & Merry Christmas

I go to a hospital called Breakspear Medical.  They are fantastic and extremely advanced.  In fact people travel from all over the world to come and see them for various illnesses.

Most illnesses they deal with are allergy and environmental ones which actually covers alot of ground, from autism, adhd, aspergers, chronic fatigue to glandular fever.

I have had extensive testing.  My stomach showed up as the area that potentially housed the driver to my illness.  This particular test was called Microbial Profile by Metametrix.  The doctor has prescribed me with a drug called Nitazoxanide, I have yet to take it.  However I am also taking MSM and biokult to stabilise my stomach friendly bacteria.

As strange as this seems, I have always thought POIS brought on similar many of the symptoms often read about in alot of the allergy and  environmental illnesses Breakspear deal with.  I do not wish to send this forum off track in anyway, but for me i think the solution might be simpler than I once thought even though the symptoms have made it feel so complicated.    I hope for us all, this will be the case for all of us.  Something tells me we are all getting very close to getting to the bottom of this.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15174 on: 26/12/2011 01:23:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums