The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6438647 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #15300 on: 10/01/2012 23:24:55 »

Great work, daveman!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: 10/01/2012 23:30:00 »

Anyone know what happened to the original POIS questionnaire database?

Yes, mellivora, we're looking at it now.

Thank you for the reminder!

« Last Edit: 10/01/2012 23:31:38 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: 11/01/2012 00:44:30 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: 11/01/2012 03:23:43 »

Thank you very much Mellivora. With people like you going out of your way and doing real and tremendous work in benefit of POIS we ARE going to get somewhere.

Like both NORDs and HIHs database entry, it takes time to build up on additional information and references. As you say they have to check them out well. And that's why these sources are so respected.

I had a look at the three expert sources listed, and didn't see any direct mention of POIS. But they are in related fields. Let's see if there are people there that actually will work directly with POIS.

We hope to generate events this year that will be worthy of special mention in all of these referential databases.

And I concur and add the following!

« Last Edit: 11/01/2012 03:26:58 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: 11/01/2012 03:28:48 »
Thank you everyone for the astonishment occurring before my very eyes since wandering here in 2007.

February 18th will be our 5th Year Anniversary!

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: 11/01/2012 10:48:43 »
We have a new TOY!
Are batteries included? Thanks for the time you've put into this Daveman. Sounds great!

I'd like to pledge $100 before the end of March 2012
Great to read that this morning badgerstripe, thanks!!

Offline Hoping

• View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: 11/01/2012 18:17:58 »
"Orgasm Research: Climax in an MRI Machine? Been There, Done That "
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kayt-sukel/orgasm_b_1193191.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D126089

demo, this is actually a really interesting article. Throughout the years, there has been talk in the forum about how beneficial it would be to get an MRI during O. The article indicates that there were many test subjects. Is it possible to get a copy of this study? It was conducted in Newark, NJ at Rutgers University. Is anyone living in the area? It would be extremely valuable to get an MRI of a POIS sufferer to compare it with the "normal people" :) in the study. It could be a huge breakthrough examining post-O chemical reactions of POIS sufferers.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: 11/01/2012 20:19:46 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kayt-sukel/orgasm_b_1193191.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D126089

demo, this is actually a really interesting article. Throughout the years, there has been talk in the forum about how beneficial it would be to get an MRI during O. The article indicates that there were many test subjects. Is it possible to get a copy of this study? It was conducted in Newark, NJ at Rutgers University. Is anyone living in the area? It would be extremely valuable to get an MRI of a POIS sufferer to compare it with the "normal people" :) in the study. It could be a huge breakthrough examining post-O chemical reactions of POIS sufferers.

Although this one was for a girl! And I think they were looking at different areas of the brain.

But there must be more than one study that zooms in on the male and his pituitary interactions etc.

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: 11/01/2012 20:27:07 »
Wow, I have been imaging something like this for quite some time and here it is. Lets find out more about this, It could be so useful.

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: 11/01/2012 21:13:17 »
Guys, As many of you know I have a constant, extremely debilitating POIS, on bad days I freeze with no thoughts like a dementia patient. Paranoia, fog, and physical symptoms..

I took Chlorella, Vitamin C, And ZMA afterwards to go with the niacin I had taken before the orgasm. I recovered much quicker than usual and within a few days I felt more alert and clear than I had felt in a while. I had a purpose in life again. I continued to cycle these products daily and this continued for over a week. My libido was back, Could smile, Got tons done. Have not had one orgasm since and int he past few days I have begun to feel the alertness leaving and as well as my energy. I was thinking maybe placebo but then again I was sustaining the good feelings for over a week. I believe that these medications effected some areas that are deficient and I'm just trying to figure out how to sustain the wellness. I fear that I'm slipping back.

Fellow member, 'Kurtosis', actually was the one who suggested a few of the products to me as he has had consistent relief for a long period of time. I will be trying different herbs to try and sustain some sort of health. Hoping I can come up with a treatment regiment of some kind, the suffering is extensive as you all know first hand.

Best,

Jon.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: 11/01/2012 21:28:02 »

Yes, Hoping, like you, since our early days here I was.....Hoping!.....to see something like this done for male POISers!

An fMRI of POIS!

I just now contacted Dr Komisaruk and we will hopefully get the full paper.

A couple years back, I tried to enlist the support of Dr Komisaruk and his 2 co-authors of their book, "The Science of Orgasm", sadly, no replies.

Wow, I have been imagining something like this for quite some time and here it is. Lets find out more about this, It could be so useful.

From Neuroscience Annual 2011 Conference, Washington, DC

Presentation Title:

An fMRI video animation time-course analysis of brain regions activated during self-stimulation to orgasm in women

Presentation time:

Monday, Nov 14, 2011, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Authors:

*B. R. KOMISARUK, N. WISE, E. FRANGOS, W. BIRBANO, K. ALLEN;
Dept Psychology, Rutgers, The State Univ. of New Jersey, NEWARK, NJ

Abstract:

In an fMRI analysis of genital stimulation-induced orgasm, we reported the following sequential activation of multiple brain regions: genital sensory cortex (paracentral lobule) then limbic system regions (insula, anterior cingulate, amygdala, hippocampus) then prefrontal cortex and cerebellum then hypothalamus and nucleus accumbens, followed after orgasm by an overall reduction in activity of all these brain regions. That preliminary analysis was based upon continuous fMRI recording, in which we created regions of interest (ROIs) based on Brodmann’s areas, and represented the activity in each of 80 brain regions (40 on each laterality) as a rising or falling line graph over time (Komisaruk et al, SFN, 285.6, 2010). A more precise insight into the sequence of activation of these brain regions can be gained through dynamic visualization in the form of an animation video that utilizes the same form of data. Consequently, in the present analysis, we have represented the activity of each of 80 Brodmann Area ROIs in its “hot metal” analog, with 10 gradation levels progressing through red, orange, yellow to white. This color code is then applied to each ROI for each 2-sec period during the course of genital self-stimulation before, during, and after orgasm. This is represented in non-dynamic form as the matrix below (a representation of one woman’s orgasm, which is similar to others’), in which each column is an ROI and each row starting from the top down is a 2-sec period. Inspection of the matrix reveals: a) non-uniform sequence of activation of different brain regions leading up to orgasm, b) greater activation in the right hemisphere than the left, c) widespread activation of the brain at orgasm, and d) substantial reduction in brain activity after orgasm. Our analytic animation method utilizes a recurrent loop video. It facilitates an understanding of the interaction and sequential activation of the brain components underlying the gradual development of genital stimulation-induced orgasm.

Disclosures:

B.R. Komisaruk: None. N. Wise: None. E. Frangos: None. W. Birbano: None. K. Allen: None.
Support: NIH 2R25 GM060826 and the Rutgers University Research Fund.

[Authors]. [Abstract Title]. Program No. XXX.XX. 2011 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, 2011. Online.

Great, Rutgers, you've shown us the possibilities and they are exciting!

Now let's do one on the guys!

« Last Edit: 12/01/2012 04:15:20 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: 11/01/2012 22:10:36 »
Hi all,

As I posted on a poiscenter.com thread a few months ago, encouraged by nordnurse I wrote to Orphanet, the European database of rare diseases in an effort to get POIS included in their database. I've made several follow-ups since then and today we finally have some good news!!

Orphanet now list POIS on their website!!! Daveman and Demo got us listed in the National Institutes for Health Office of Rare Diseases Research database in the U.S. and now we have similar recognition in Europe through Orphanet. Hopefully this will prove a great step in getting POIS to be more acknowledged and recognised by medical professionals and helps give us more credibility than ever.

The listing at this stage is not a huge amount more than the name of our condition. In time, a summary and more details of our condition should appear on the database. Here is a quote from the email I received from Orphanet:

"The summary addition is a complicated process due to the many accuracy controls and it will take time, however, the addition of POIS on Orphanet is the most important part."

The Orphanet listing can be seen here:
http://www.orpha.net/consor/cgi-bin/Disease_Search.php?lng=EN&data_id=20421&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseGroup=pois&Disease_Disease_Search_diseaseType=Pat&Disease%28s%29/group%20of%20diseases=Postorgasmic-illness-syndrome--POIS-&title=Postorgasmic-illness-syndrome--POIS-&search=Disease_Search_Simple

I'd like to emphasise that this would not have happened were it not for the advice and encouragement I received from nordnurse. It probably wouldn't have come about if Daveman and Demo hadn't taken the initiative and got us listed in the U.S. either as its that that set me thinking about European databases. And of course it wouldn't have happened without our forums! Our listing on Orphanet is further proof that everyone here can make a difference.

Tell us how ya did it!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: 11/01/2012 22:37:26 »

Request for all - Anyone who hasn't contributed/pledged yet, please do so as it is for our own benefit. The sooner we collect money, the sooner we can be POIS free. Yes, POIS freeeeeeeee!!!!!!   (If you can donate either $5000 or $100, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that we are slowly and slowly reaching our goal. Please pledge/donate as soon as you read this note. Don't wait, otherwise you'll be waiting to cure yourself!)
http://www.rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations/fg_base_view_p3

Worth repeating!
« Last Edit: 12/01/2012 03:43:29 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: 11/01/2012 23:11:33 »
Sadly, Willem has been banned as a forum member. We have always made strenuous attempts to not deny any POISer in the world with participation in this Forum. Every ban decision has been made very painfully, but in the end, always contributed to the greater good of our community.

Willem has been recruiting members - for his FOR-PROFIT venture - against agreements we had made. This business-agenda-promoting also is a severe violation of this Forum's rules, its spirit and general ethical forum decorum.

He has demonstrated a blatant lack of respect for the well being of the community and is ONLY interested in his “for profit venture”.

We are in the final stage of very important and real progress, and are working our butts off without profit with the real intention of the community in mind.

More dilution to another profit oriented community will only delay or stop any chance of finding a cure.

Many Thanks, everyone, for your continuing loyalty. His sad, divisive differences coming from profit, and selfish motives will become very apparent to you , and we are very confident that reason - and common sense and most importantly:
G O O D  F A I T H - will prevail in the end.

As always,
Wishing you the best, and only for YOUR interests, not anyone else's.

demografx
and
Daveman
« Last Edit: 20/01/2012 21:27:43 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: 12/01/2012 00:31:39 »

Yes, Hoping, like you, since our early days here I was.....Hoping!.....to see something like this done for male POISers!

An fMRI of POIS!

I just now contacted Dr Komisaruk and we will hopefully get the full paper.

A couple years back, I tried to enlist the support of Dr Komisaruk and his 2 co-authors of their book, "The Science of Orgasm", sadly, no replies.

Wow, I have been imagining something like this for quite some time and here it is. Lets find out more about this, It could be so useful.

From Neuroscience Annual 2011 Conference, Washington, DC

Presentation Title:

An fMRI video animation time-course analysis of brain regions activated during self-stimulation to orgasm in women

Presentation time:

Monday, Nov 14, 2011, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Authors:

*B. R. KOMISARUK, N. WISE, E. FRANGOS, W. BIRBANO, K. ALLEN;
Dept Psychology, Rutgers, The State Univ. of New Jersey, NEWARK, NJ

Abstract:

In an fMRI analysis of genital stimulation-induced orgasm, we reported the following sequential activation of multiple brain regions: genital sensory cortex (paracentral lobule) then limbic system regions (insula, anterior cingulate, amygdala, hippocampus) then prefrontal cortex and cerebellum then hypothalamus and nucleus accumbens, followed after orgasm by an overall reduction in activity of all these brain regions. That preliminary analysis was based upon continuous fMRI recording, in which we created regions of interest (ROIs) based on Brodmann’s areas, and represented the activity in each of 80 brain regions (40 on each laterality) as a rising or falling line graph over time (Komisaruk et al, SFN, 285.6, 2010). A more precise insight into the sequence of activation of these brain regions can be gained through dynamic visualization in the form of an animation video that utilizes the same form of data. Consequently, in the present analysis, we have represented the activity of each of 80 Brodmann Area ROIs in its “hot metal” analog, with 10 gradation levels progressing through red, orange, yellow to white. This color code is then applied to each ROI for each 2-sec period during the course of genital self-stimulation before, during, and after orgasm. This is represented in non-dynamic form as the matrix below (a representation of one woman’s orgasm, which is similar to others’), in which each column is an ROI and each row starting from the top down is a 2-sec period. Inspection of the matrix reveals: a) non-uniform sequence of activation of different brain regions leading up to orgasm, b) greater activation in the right hemisphere than the left, c) widespread activation of the brain at orgasm, and d) substantial reduction in brain activity after orgasm. Our analytic animation method utilizes a recurrent loop video. It facilitates an understanding of the interaction and sequential activation of the brain components underlying the gradual development of genital stimulation-induced orgasm.

Disclosures:

B.R. Komisaruk: None. N. Wise: None. E. Frangos: None. W. Birbano: None. K. Allen: None.
Support: NIH 2R25 GM060826 and the Rutgers University Research Fund.

[Authors]. [Abstract Title]. Program No. XXX.XX. 2011 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, 2011. Online.

Great, Rutgers, you've shown us the possibilities and they are exciting!

Now let's do one on the guys! (Both POISers and nonPOISers)

« Last Edit: 13/01/2012 07:23:53 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15315 on: 12/01/2012 04:20:34 »

Guys, As many of you know I have a constant, extremely debilitating POIS, on bad days I freeze with no thoughts like a dementia patient. Paranoia, fog, and physical symptoms..

I took Chlorella, Vitamin C, And ZMA afterwards to go with the niacin I had taken before the orgasm. I recovered much quicker than usual and within a few days I felt more alert and clear than I had felt in a while. I had a purpose in life again. I continued to cycle these products daily and this continued for over a week. My libido was back, Could smile, Got tons done. Have not had one orgasm since and int he past few days I have begun to feel the alertness leaving and as well as my energy. I was thinking maybe placebo but then again I was sustaining the good feelings for over a week. I believe that these medications effected some areas that are deficient and I'm just trying to figure out how to sustain the wellness. I fear that I'm slipping back.

Fellow member, 'Kurtosis', actually was the one who suggested a few of the products to me as he has had consistent relief for a long period of time. I will be trying different herbs to try and sustain some sort of health. Hoping I can come up with a treatment regiment of some kind, the suffering is extensive as you all know first hand.

Best,

Jon.

Sorry if I missed it, but have you had hormonal bloodtesting done?

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: 12/01/2012 09:37:58 »
Not a problem, demografx. Thank you for the response. My bloodwork was as follows:
Name, Result, Reference.

Pregnenolone:           196, (55-455)
Growth Hormone:      4.16, (0.01-0.97) Very High
Free Insulin:              2.2 Micro IU/mL, (1.4-14)

Catecholamines
Norepinephrine:         271 pg/mL, [(70-750) - supine] [(200-1700) - standing]
Epinephrine:              18 pg/mL, [(Undetectable-110) - supine] [(Undetectable-140) - standing]
Dopamine:                 <10 pg/mL, (<30 no postural change) <---? Confused me

Free T3:                    3.4 pg/mL, (2.5-3.9)
Follicle Stimlating Hormone:  1.6mIU/mL, (1.3 - 19.3) Lower End
DHEA:                       3.2 ng/mL, (<13)
Progesterone:            1.07 ng/mL, (0.1-0.8) High
Prolactin:                   6.2 ng/mL, (2.6 - 13.1)
Vitamin B12:              560 pg/ml, (180 - 914)
Folic Acid:                  >20 ng/ml, (3.0-20) Mildly High
Cortisol, PM:              14.6 ug/dL, (3.1 - 16.7)
Total Testosterone:     422 ng/dL, (175 - 781)

Thyroid Tests
TSH:                         2.64 uIU/mL, (0.34 - 5.60)
ESR:                         1 mm/Hr, (0 - 15) Mildly High

CBC
WBC:                        5.8 1000/uL, (4.5 - 11.0)
RBC                          5.33 MiL/uL, (4.20 - 5.80)
Hemoglobin:              14 g/dL, (13.1 - 17.1)
Hematocrit:               43.4 %, (40 - 51)
MCV:                        81.4 fL, (80 - 100)
MCH:                        26.3 pG, (27 - 34) Low
MCHC:                      32.4 g/dL, (31.0 - 36.0)
RDW:                       13.5 %, (11.5 - 14.5)
Platelet Count:          164 1000/uL, (140 - 400)
Lymphocytes:           24.0 %, (17.0 - 40.0)
Neutrophils:              67.2 %, (48.0 - 75.0)
Monocytes:               6.3 %, (0.0 - 14.0)
Eosinophilis:             1.9 %, (0.0 - 5.0)
Basophils:                 0.6 %, (0.0 - 3.0)

CMP
NA:                          139 mmol/L, (136 - 145)
K:                            4.1 mmol/L, (3.5 - 5.3)
CL:                          102 mmol/L, (98 - 107)
CO2:                        28 mmol/L, (22 - 32)
Calcium:                   9.4 mg/dL, (8.4 - 10.2)
Bun:                         16 mg/dL, (7 - 26)
Creatinine:                0.90 mg/dL, (0.60 - 1.30)
eGFR:                       110 mL/mi/1.73 sq m, (>60)
Bun/Creatinine Ratio: 17.8
Glucose:                   88 mg/dL, (70 - 105)
Total Protein:            7.8 g/dL, (6.5 - 8.3)
Albumin:                   4.4 g/dL, (3.5 - 5.0)
Globulin:                   3.4 g/dL
A/G Ratio:                 
Total Bilirubin:           0.4 mg/dL, (0.2 - 1.2)
Alkaline Phos:           85 IU/L, (32 - 92)
ALT (SGPT):             16 IU/L, (10 - 40)
AST (SGOT):            22 IU/L, (10 - 42)

Lipid Profile
Triglycerides:           39 mg/dL, (35 - 160) Mildly Low
Chloresterol:            132 mg/dL, (100 - 200)
HDL:                        42 mg/dL, (29 - 71)
LDL (Calculation):     82 mg/dL, (62 - 130)

Glycohemoglobulin:  5.7, (0.0 - 5.9) Mildly High

Thyroid Tests 2
T3 Uptake:               41.30 %, (32.00 - 48.40)
T4:                          9.69 ug/dL, (6.09 - 12.23)
FTI:                         4.0
Total T3L                  131.12 ng/dL, (87.00 - 178.00)

These tests were taken the morning after orgasm when I'm usually feeling worst. I do want to mention that I lift 4 days a week or so and also take protein after my workout, I'm not sure if that could have affected these results. I'm not sure if there are important things that I did not test for such as other hormones or amino acids, but I tested for quite a bit. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Jon.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: 12/01/2012 17:26:16 »
Thank you, jferr. I would explore with an endocrinologist the possibility of a testosterone-type supplement, only because it has given me such giant relief.

Even when I was given daily testosterone patches that brought my readings into "normal", I asked for and received 50% more. I did this for 2 years and I am just now starting to reduce the testosterone because I show "too much."

Like desensitization, and niacin, TRT is experimental.

BEST WISHES, JFERR!!

« Last Edit: 12/01/2012 22:18:49 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: 12/01/2012 17:53:16 »

From
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/lifestyle/2012/01/11/are-you-allergic-to-your-own-semen/

Postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS), or also known as a man’s sad story to a very good happy ending, is a legitimate medical syndrome that has been documented in medical journals since 2002.
It seems that experiencing flu-like symptoms such as runny nose, burning eyes, exhaustion, disordered speech, frightening dreams, swollen lips and feverishness immediately after ejaculating – is not so rare for men after all.
In a 2011 study, Dutch researchers found 87% of the 45 suspected male subjects with POIS experienced the symptoms within 30 minutes after ejaculation. All of the subjects reported clusters of symptoms that were flu-like and involved the head, eyes, nose, throat and muscles – leading researchers to also believe that the male subjects were allergic to their own semen.
When the men were exposed to their own semen through skin pricking tests, nearly 65% of the subjects experienced allergic reactions.
That’s right, they were allergic to their OWN semen.
Researchers believe POIS is caused by a Type-1 and Type-IV allergy, which is triggered as soon as a man experiences an orgasm and ejaculates. Some of the symptoms and discomfort may even last up to a week.
In the study, one of the subjects goes on to explain that because of the severity of his symptoms, the subject’s wife planned to have intercourse only on Fridays so he would have two days to recover before returning to work on Monday.
UK Researchers and doctors have also noted similar symptoms in patients that they’ve treated.
Scientists cannot definitively explain why some men experience allergic reactions to their own semen. However, researchers believe that some men’s semen may be exposed to immune cells, which sets off their immune system.
SOURCE:
Journal Reference:
1. Marcel Waldinger, Marcus Meinardi, Aeiko Zwinderman and Dave Schweitzer. Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS) in 45 Dutch Caucasian Males: Clinical Characteristics and Evidence for an Immunogenic Pathogenesis. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, April 2011

ARTICLES LIKE THESE ARE NOT THE TRUE OR COMPLETE PICTURE OF POIS AS WE KNOW IT HERE AT THE FORUM, BUT THE GROWING WORLDWIDE PUBLICITY HELPS US GAIN CREDIBILITY AS A MEDICAL CONDITION SO THAT DOCTORS WILL TAKE US MORE SERIOUSLY, WE WILL ATTRACT MORE MEMBERS. AND MORE FUNDING!
« Last Edit: 12/01/2012 23:06:13 by demografx »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: 12/01/2012 21:16:54 »
Dr Sheepie is pleased to see that this thread is still procreating many bountiful replies and comments..and yet......despite the odd controversial circumstance the way that Demografx and the team keep this thread maintained is a tribute to all their incredible work and support that is given to all the members here.
In fact , without all the incredible contributions made by all ewe members there would not be the growing recognition that there is today for POIS..

so...well done to ewe all !!...Ewe are all so damn amazing !!

Dr Sheepie !!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: 12/01/2012 21:24:53 »

Dr Sheepy, whatever would we all dewe without yewe????

Our forums owe you our existence. As most generous friend and most astute mentor........since 2007!

Guys, as a Senior Naked Science Forum member, Neil was right there for us, supporting us, when John21 made his very first post on February 18, 2007!

Thanks A Million, Neil!

« Last Edit: 12/01/2012 21:42:43 by demografx »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: 13/01/2012 01:26:49 »
Thank you for your support, neilep.

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: 13/01/2012 01:45:40 »
Amongst other things, we have started a new thread on the SMF forum documenting the geographic distribution of POIS sufferers. I know we have started similar things before but this new thread is as simple as I can think to make it and I hope it'll get more responses than other attempts in the past. Please log on and add your data if you don't mind. It's here:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.0
« Last Edit: 13/01/2012 13:29:38 by daveman »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: 13/01/2012 04:22:50 »

Thanks, mellivora!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: 13/01/2012 04:35:46 »
Below is my actual correspondence with a forum member yesterday. His name has been disguised to protect his confidentiality - demo

Since I was a member of Willem's site does it mean I'll be banned if I don't delete my profile there? I didn't realize his site would be a threat to our forums.

No, Anonymous_POISer. Never! Anyone and Everyone should be free to explore anything that might make them feel better.

We just don't want him using OUR free platforms - deceptively - for a profit venture. Several months back, Willem invited me to lunch, pressing me hard to recruit our forum members to his website. I clearly said, "NO!", at lunch, and on subsequent occasions, daveman and I repeated, "No, this goes against the pricinples of a Free Forum." But he was not to be deterred in hunting profits, and continued deceitfully, in spite of assuring us otherwise.

Outright lies and bad faith dealings, I'm sad to report, marred our entire relationship. We're obviously sorry we didn't catch this sooner.

I want OUR MOTIVES dictated by OUR MEMBERS. And not some pharmaceutical company willing to pay "someone like Willem" top $$$$ for info about us (that THEY deem important) so they can sell us "POIS Toothpaste®" LOL...actually that's disgusting, not funny!

YOUR DATA ARE NOT FOR SALE AT NSF AND SMF!

ANONYMOUS_POISer, you are tops in our book!!!

Best,

demo

okay that's a relief, thanks demo : )

You're very welcome, My Friend.
« Last Edit: 13/01/2012 19:20:55 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15324 on: 13/01/2012 04:35:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length