The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6460807 times)

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #15925 on: 30/03/2012 13:37:39 »
Thanks  :D  Feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and it's actually not POIS!  I actually have a personal announcement to make:  Niacin works for me.  It works WELL.  I said before that it didn't seem to work for me even though I was getting the flush.  But I was not waiting long enough after the flush to O, and for the past two weeks I've been reaping the benefits of HIGHLY reducted POIS symptoms!  It was as simple as that, get the FULL flush (face exploding kind, I need at least 500 mg at fasting to attain this, and i need 4-5 hours fasting), and wait at LEAST 20 minutes for the flush to abate.  It hasn't fully hit me, the implications of this, but it's starting to.  I'm getting a little emotional just write this...!

Near the top of my things to do with the amount of life that I will get back with this is to advocate for treatment of this illness.  I've tasted POIS freedom, and I don't want to have to deal with it ever again!  That means an even better solution than niacin flushing HAS to be found!  AND word has to spread, and it IS spreading virally like a disease! (bad analogy? =p)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: 30/03/2012 15:06:32 »
CCconfucious, here is a quote directly from Animus that answers the question:

"I speculate that sperm is one of the contributing culprits- based on the observation that my POIS improved by a factor of 20% after I eliminated sperm production.
My POIS went away 100% after I eliminated all Semen production.
It has been over 2 years since the surgery, and holding steady. I can have an O, and completely forget about it the next day.

I think it would work on other people.
However, I don't know if it would be possible to retain the testicles, and remove the other organs, and get the same results."
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=94.msg822#msg822

thanks perfect answer.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: 30/03/2012 15:07:45 »
The whole Reddit thing was simply amazing (big thanks ccconfucius, mel, nordnurse, and whomever else!).  Besides the money raised and the awareness created, just reading through some of the posts has been so interesting to get perspective from outsiders.  Some of their ideas are worth following up on.

i collected some of them and will posting, we can decide which is viable.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: 30/03/2012 22:35:27 »
The whole Reddit thing was simply amazing (big thanks ccconfucius, mel, nordnurse, and whomever else!).  Besides the money raised and the awareness created, just reading through some of the posts has been so interesting to get perspective from outsiders.  Some of their ideas are worth following up on.
Great seeing the reddit post. Well done to everybody involved.

Ditto!

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: 30/03/2012 23:42:47 »
Wow, congrats one the Reddit post guys.  I've been a regular redditor for over a year and I know it will make a huge impact.  It will definitely resound stronger then what we got going here.  Good job!

also if i win the lottery tonight, we will cure pois! ^^
« Last Edit: 31/03/2012 02:30:11 by silverandcol »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15930 on: 31/03/2012 18:26:59 »
Hi Guys,

I have a question. A question what is not POIS?

In my understanding POIS is complex of weird symptoms following after orgasm and only after orgasm, e.g. you can't get those same symptoms using any different actions.

Now if some person have these symptoms after _any_ heavy physical activity and after the orgasm, will it be the POIS or not?

Victor, I like your question!!

It is a big problem that we have with POIS. We don't KNOW what is POIS and what isn't!!

One thing I've seen, and I think some others of us here, that when something like niacin comes along and you become "POIS free" it is devastatingly clear "what is POIS". Whatever isn't POIS stays behind, and you can see that secondary effects don't happen any more. All that is left is that which is NOT POIS. (More or less).

It is a privileged view. When you are "with POIS", everything is blurred, with brain fog with altered perception, you think that much of what you feel is normal or some other problem like depression or some other psychological problem. But when a simple chemical comes along and wipes it all out you see the reality.

When you have POIS, even though you may be outside of the 5 day POIS cycle, your body is still depleted, so strong exercise can weaken you and bring POIS symptoms back. But once you have had time to "heal", this effect is lesser.

I don't know, I would have to say, if you get POIS symptoms with heavy exercise (for example) and are not effected by post orgasmic cycles, that it is NOT POIS. It MAY be some other etiology that produces similar deficiencies or effects on other systems that can cause similar symptoms, but I would say that it is not POIS.

POIS is an illness caused by some anomaly provoked by an imbalance in the reproductive / ejaculatory system. That would be MY definition.

« Last Edit: 31/03/2012 22:27:58 by daveman »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: 31/03/2012 18:35:10 »
Guys, sometimes I really wonder if taking all the supplements before and after sex is going to hurt us in the long term. Though for a necessary cause, we are putting the supplements in our bodies every day and producing brain chemicals as a result. We need to do this for ourselves but I hope it doesn't end up being more bad than good at the end of the day.

It seems with the niacin, viktor kons have had continuous success for more than 2 years. For me, itīs more than 6 months. I am not taking any other suplement, and of course, i donīt take niacin every day.

Plus, i would want to comment that i could have VERY VERY GOOD NEWS for our cause. Iīll be waiting more days(i am travelling, i did not expect to post during these days, but this exciting development has made me to post) to confirm you about this development, but it seems that a major newspaper in Spain is very interested in this POIS issue, and some prominent doctors are willing to investigate more on this too. I will explain this with more detail on the next days, when i could have more time.

WOW, ObserverCenter. let's hope that it leads to something great.

You never know when you do a simple thing, how it can have repercussions that continue and amplify in the benefit of the POIS community..

There will be great names in the POIS cause. Thank you all.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: 31/03/2012 18:50:02 »
Although I follow in the background (due to heavy work load), getting time to really get to things and read the forum, is emotional. Great work everyone. We are HOT!

Reddit WAS and idea! Nothing more. And for a long time nobody did anything. Then Mel and CC "GOT DOWN". That's all it takes. And their names are NOW "IN THE HISTORY BOOKS" of POIS.

We can all do it. And it takes less than you can imagine for returns that are MORE THAN REAL.

If you haven't done anything, DO IT NOW.

We need you.

Thanks

Daveman

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: 31/03/2012 19:27:47 »

also if i win the lottery tonight, we will cure pois! ^^

silverandcol, please don't forget to save some winnings for Our First Annual POIS Retreat!

« Last Edit: 31/03/2012 20:28:01 by demografx »

Offline lidridop

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: 01/04/2012 12:33:26 »
Hey Guys,

I log in here now & again to see updates on how everyone is getting on. Nice to see that for some, certain things have worked & they are cured of most, if not all of their symptoms. Just goes to show that it seems like an individual, case by case method might be required in the long run to solve individuals. For example, 20% of POIS cases might be solved by X, 15% by Y, 3% by Z and so on. However it's great that we're pulling together, as a group, to find the cause and solution for all of us!

From a personal point of view, I've reduced my O's to about 1 a week, and for me, that is ok - apart from some tiredness. I'm generally Ok, although I train quite a lot and I do notice a difference in performance after an O. 

However, I've been away from my girlfriend for a while. Next month, we will see each other, and of course we're going to have sex, as normal couple do. This means going from 1 Orgasm per week to perhaps 1 a day or more.  What will be interesting to see is if I will get any POIS sysmptoms, as, we will meet in a hot country for 3 weeks. In the past, being in a hot country & getting plenty of sunshine has reduced my symptons radically. I have a feeling I'm going to be in bits, and that sucks.

Honestly, this POIS thing is a pain in the neck, because it leads me to question the future viability of my relationship - I mean, if I feel like this when we live together and have regular sex, I won't be good to live with (irritable, in pain, a foggy mess, stupid!). Also, telling her how it is and depriving her on sex is not the answer, obviously! It's a bit messed up.

It would make such a difference for most of us on here if we could get this thing solved. I know we've said that hundreds of times, but I think we're going the right direction. Hope all are feeling good and POIS free today  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: 01/04/2012 17:21:50 »

Near the top of my things to do with the amount of life that I will get back with this is to advocate for treatment of this illness.  I've tasted POIS freedom, and I don't want to have to deal with it ever again!  That means an even better solution than niacin flushing HAS to be found!  AND word has to spread, and it IS spreading virally like a disease! (bad analogy? =p)

REALLY WONDERFUL SENTIMENTS, NIGHTINGALE!
« Last Edit: 01/04/2012 17:42:49 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: 01/04/2012 17:41:33 »
Although I follow in the background (due to heavy work load), getting time to really get to things and read the forum, is emotional. Great work everyone. We are HOT!

Reddit WAS and idea! Nothing more. And for a long time nobody did anything. Then Mel and CC "GOT DOWN". That's all it takes. And their names are NOW "IN THE HISTORY BOOKS" of POIS.

We can all do it. And it takes less than you can imagine for returns that are MORE THAN REAL.

If you haven't done anything, DO IT NOW.

We need you.

Thanks

Daveman

BEAUTIFULLY SAID, DAVE!

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: 01/04/2012 20:54:33 »
Demo, I directed a couple skeptical redditors to pm you for the Waldinger studies. In the future would it be okay for me to send the studies to other non-POISers who are interested in reading them? I'm not sure about the copyright issues.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: 02/04/2012 00:42:51 »
As long as they're not posted, or mass mailed -  and it's only 1:1 - I think you're ok.
« Last Edit: 02/04/2012 01:19:47 by demografx »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: 02/04/2012 00:57:51 »
ok. cool.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: 02/04/2012 03:29:42 »
Hey guys -
I reported a few weeks back that I was getting major relief with Testosterone.  I'd like to follow-up and let ya'll know that the Testosterone benefit, while very real initially, no longer helps me in a major way.  It lasted a couple weeks, or rather, 2 cycles.  I'm still experimenting with larger/smaller doses and also trying it in conjunction with other treatments, such as fish oil and whatnot.  So I haven't completely given up on it, but definitely wanted to update everyone.  My search continues... 

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: 02/04/2012 09:58:40 »
Thanks for your valor and rigorous reporting, B_Daniel!

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: 02/04/2012 10:42:09 »
I experienced that from the 1st day to the 7th after orgasm physical activities like cardio exercise like walking on treadmill or running or climbing lots of stairs also cause pois for me but after the 7th day these cardio exercise and any level of physical activity does not cause pois.I think the first 7 days my energy slowly keeps on increasing but not enough for the body but after the 7 th day spike the energy level is quite enough that physical activities don't drain the energy levels.I just had a month without an orgasm and I witnessed one more thing is that every 7th day after I had stopped orgasming my energy level used to increase more and more and more with no limit to it and I was loving it,but then one fine night I got an erection and I became a victim of my desire and hell broke over me and since then today is the 5 th day I am still not back to normal but everyday I am becoming better and I am waiting for the 7th day when I will be back to normal till then living a lazy life with no joy just anxietY and anxiety.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 02/04/2012 11:50:35 by demografx »

Offline Contributor

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: 02/04/2012 12:11:49 »
Hello,

I shared some of things that bring some pois relief to me (p.660). It is especially stretching, or loosening of pelvic floor and strengthening of deep abdomen muscles. I suppose tail bone is affected too.

Did anyone have similar relief through this? Is it worth exploring further?

Niacin (with flush affect) is not available in my country. Under what name is it distributed in the US?
« Last Edit: 02/04/2012 12:13:24 by Contributor »

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #15945 on: 02/04/2012 12:48:24 »
Hello,

I shared some of things that bring some pois relief to me (p.660). It is especially stretching, or loosening of pelvic floor and strengthening of deep abdomen muscles. I suppose tail bone is affected too.

Niacin (with flush affect) is not available in my country. Under what name is it distributed in the US?

Do you live in the U.S.? Then i think it would be easy for you to find niacin in your country. Vincent Marcus could help you, because he lives in the U.S., but i am buying the niacin Solgar 100 mg- A brand from the U.S., representing Natureīs bounty?- in Spain. So you could try in any Wal-mart if you are living in the U.S.

Regards

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: 02/04/2012 13:11:14 »
This quote just came my way online -- at the bottom of a patient's email. It made me immediately think of this forum --

"Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much."

- Helen Keller

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: 02/04/2012 17:33:21 »
On reddit, I was approached by a TV producer interested in telling the story of a POIS sufferer on TV. This is not something that feels right for me to participate in at the moment so I personally am not going to do it. I suggested he make a post on our forum about it in case anyone else is interested.

If anyone decides they are interested in a TV appearance, I would advise you to contact Animus and Observercenter to see how they found the experience. Also, if you contact the TV company, ask lots of questions and make sure you are comfortable with the style, aims and audience of the programme and with how you will be portrayed. Obviously this is potentially good publicity for our cause if someone is willing and is happy with the set-up. The producer's email is brenna@trailblazerstudios.com (website: www.trailblazerstudios.com).
« Last Edit: 02/04/2012 17:39:44 by mellivora »

Offline Contributor

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: 02/04/2012 17:48:51 »
Hello,

Do you live in the U.S.? Then i think it would be easy for you to find niacin in your country. Vincent Marcus could help you, because he lives in the U.S., but i am buying the niacin Solgar 100 mg- A brand from the U.S., representing Natureīs bounty?- in Spain. So you could try in any Wal-mart if you are living in the U.S.

Regards

Thanks for advice. I actually live in Europe. I will look for Solgar. Any other non time release brands available in Europe?

Someone mentioned that the most effective form of Niacin is nicotinic acid, not the nicotineamid. Does Solgar provide nicotinic acid form?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: 03/04/2012 02:00:55 »
This quote just came my way online -- at the bottom of a patient's email. It made me immediately think of this forum --

"Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much."

- Helen Keller

Perfect! Thanks, nordnurse!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15949 on: 03/04/2012 02:00:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums