The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6427954 times)

Offline POISon

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #16025 on: 14/04/2012 05:50:20 »
I wouldn't put too much credence on what Dr. Goldmeir and Dr. Kocsis say about Pois being a mental condition. Sure they may be well educated and have many years experience treating patients but how long have they actually treated Pois patients?,The term POIS is a pretty new one,and the understanding of it is still pretty scarce with the obvious lack of studies and research done on this condition.These doctors are making their own hypothesis,and dare I say lack the courage to say  anything other than POIS is a psychological condition without more studies and research being conducted supporting its validity.I can understand that they don't want to look like a laughingstock amongst their peers without  a host of studies showing that Pois is a rare,though real condition,that has serious consequences on  individuals affected by it.

I know its real,because I have it and listing it as a result of anxiety does not make sense.For one,if that were true, a good portion of the world population would be suffering from this malady as anxiety is extremely common while this disease is quite rare. Why wouldn't I have this condition when I was 15 and first started having O's by the  hundreds per year without any consequence whatsoever until I was almost 21?

I had significant bouts of anxiety and depression in high school because I was picked on and bullied,but never once during that time felt the wrath of POIS .I have heard before about illnesses(some very serious) where anxiety is a symptom, and patients have gone to 5 or more different doctors who told them to go on prozac or xanax until they finally had a doctor who gave them a test which validated their real condition which was causing the anxiety. That's why we need to stick to our goal of funding research,I missed the deadline since I haven't been on this site for a while,and I am very cash strapped ,but I will donate at least something to Nord as studies are the only possible way for most of us to reaching a solution to permanently ending this malady. Hopfully in the near future there will be a test or some kind of measure to prove to a doctor what have is not all in our head.

My personal belief is that Pois is a result of some event such as an illness,a major stressor or something of that nature causing the bodies endocrine or immune system to go haywire causing this condition to occur.I don't know why symptoms only happen after orgasm,however, I believe orgasm for some reason triggers the body to overreact into creating a temporary hormonal or immunological imbalance that was first set in motion by an illness,stressor,etc. That's my personal opinion though, and it will always stay as just an opinion until studies say otherwise. Interesting, in my case, is that  I started suffering from Pois  after I put my body through a lot of stress.Work and school were going great,but I was doing those full time,and decided I wanted to be buff like Arnold.INext thing you know after over-training by spending 2 to 3 hours in the gym a day 5 days a week like what was recommended in Arnold's bodybuilding book, I started developing symptoms of Pois after having an O about six months later. I was starting to feel the exhaustion  and fatigue from the overtraining before I developed Pois,but once I had Pois, the exhaustion became crippling,and I started to develop major brainfog, flu like symptoms after having an O. 

That's my story on how I developed POIS, and I wasn't feeling anxious,nervous or depressed before Pois set in.I started to feel very physically tired tired at times before Pois set in,but my self esteem couldn't be higher, as I was getting compliments left and right about how good I was looking after working out from fellow employees as well as customers at the job I was working at the time .To say there was any reason for anxiety at this time is preposterous as my well being and state of mind was very stable before this condition set in

The moral of my ramblings:I don't think we should  give up hope for this condition by paying too much attention to what certain doctors think about our illness.I just got paid today and I'm going to contribute to Nord,its going to have to be a fairly meagre payment unfortunately,but I'm not giving up on finding a way to end this hideous disease. I love this site,and until we have doctors who know how to reliably treat this condition we must be proactive and take steps into out hands.I enjoy reading about people on here who found supplements that helped reduce their symptoms , because it also gives the real possibility it will help others gain relief from POIS symptoms including myself!

« Last Edit: 14/04/2012 07:29:08 by POISon »

Offline POISon

• View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: 14/04/2012 07:09:39 »
.Stress increases the symptoms of allergies. So, stress increases Pois.

.Stress increases the cortisol levels and so has a negative effect on   testosterone and other hormones levels.
 Not more.

I found Victor very cool in the video with an excellent self-control.

True, stress does increase inflammation(allergies)and cortisol.It also makes Pois worse,but as I said in my opinion (or hypothesis) a stressor which could be from an illness, is the (possibly) initial trigger for the body to create a negative response after having an O. Something had to set things in motion in my case for me to experience POIS or I would have had Pois at the the age of 15 when I first had an O.That something, in my own personal experience,however had nothing to do with anxiety or in your head syndrome,  as these doctors in the extended interviews suggest. Neither You,I,or anyone on this forum can reasonably suggest anything as a universal affirmative for what causes POIS unless we have multiple,properly done studies that agree on a specific cause.Still,some people may have other reasons for why their bodies respond to an O than other,so there may be a variety of causes.

Also,yes great job Victor,I saw the video,you did a great job and you have a lot more courage than I to show yourself on camera and talk about a very embarrassing condition.You have my greatest respect!
« Last Edit: 14/04/2012 07:26:08 by POISon »

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: 14/04/2012 15:24:18 »
After watching the extended interviews with Dr. Goldmeier and Agnes Kocsis -- in my opinion, they gave VERY 'psychologized' assessments of what POIS is.  The picture that comes across from those interviews is: these are 'highly anxious' people who then have 'psychosomatic' symptoms and 'attribute' it to ejaculation.  The interviewer asks "So this is not something that would show up in a medical test?" and Dr. Goldmeier say that that's correct, it wouldn't show up in a medical test -- with the implication that this is because it is psychological.

I don't want to make an assessment of whether this is what they intended to convey, but that's sure what comes across pretty darn clearly!

CC, nordnurse, that concerns me: I feel like running away fast whenever I hear anything remotely close to "POIS? Oh, sure: It's all in your head!".

That stupid and damaging POIS "appraisal" by too many medical professionals and laypersons alike needs to be destroyed.

By us.

I understand now why Maryanne asked me in the interview(she interviewed Dr.Goldmeier before me)what i would say to the people who thought that POIS could have a psychological factor.
I remember to tell her that then doctors should begin to prescribe a raw garlic clove to combat social anxiety, that i have never had any psychological problem except for those caused by POIS and that i have been a very happy boy until i got struck by POIS symptoms.

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #16028 on: 14/04/2012 15:34:06 »
Also,yes great job Victor,I saw the video,you did a great job and you have a lot more courage than I to show yourself on camera and talk about a very embarrassing condition.You have my greatest respect!

Sometimes, our greatest weakness turns out to be our strongest fortitude.

This would have been impossible for me to do - even to think about it- one  year ago. Thank you all for your support, for me the best part is when Dr Maryanne Demasi says:

"And I suppose that shedding light on these illnesses can only help, and it seems it already has. Michael, our POIS sufferer, decided to try niacin after hearing about Victor's success, and he says it's changed his life."

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3474801.htm
« Last Edit: 14/04/2012 15:49:20 by observercenter »

Offline littledragon

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: 14/04/2012 16:03:38 »

True, stress does increase inflammation(allergies)and cortisol.It also makes Pois worse,but as I said in my opinion (or hypothesis) a stressor which could be from an illness, is the (possibly) initial trigger for the body to create a negative response after having an O.

Your point sounds very familiar to my experience.
I got my P.O.I.S. after having Pfeiffer's disease without knowing it for 3 years because of a wrong diagnosis by my doctor. She thought I was having a slight burnout and I would recover from it within a few months. So I was living those 3 years with so much stress and pressure, cause I did not know I had Pfeiffer's disease and everyone thought it was all inside my head.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: 14/04/2012 17:29:53 »

True, stress does increase inflammation(allergies)and cortisol.It also makes Pois worse,but as I said in my opinion (or hypothesis) a stressor which could be from an illness, is the (possibly) initial trigger for the body to create a negative response after having an O.

Your point sounds very familiar to my experience.
I got my P.O.I.S. after having Pfeiffer's disease without knowing it for 3 years because of a wrong diagnosis by my doctor. She thought I was having a slight burnout and I would recover from it within a few months. So I was living those 3 years with so much stress and pressure, cause I did not know I had Pfeiffer's disease and everyone thought it was all inside my head.
There are a range of auto immune illnesses that are more likely to occur after a patient has had mono caused by Epstein Barr. I had mono too, just a few months after the e-coli poisoning as a kid. I must admit, It's difficult to remember clearly but I don't remember ever having POIS symptoms before that period. i.e. my first few O's didn't feel that bad.
I wonder have others on the forum had mono?

Offline edhawk10

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: 14/04/2012 17:46:34 »
POISon, i'm with you on that whole part that it's something else happening to us and not just simply anxiety causing this. I can be fine for a day or two and talk to people, full of confidence, good memory  and other days after orgasm it's like i was hit by a train. I can get extremely anxious being around my own family, can't think properly and so on. No matter how hard you try to fight through it during those days, it doesn't work!

Offline Sirius

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: 14/04/2012 22:42:05 »
I just joined here.  I don't know if I have this illness or not.  All I know is that after I ejaculate, the next day, I am irritable and feel sluggish and bleh.  Not physically sick, just mentally.  Lack of motivation, and don't really want to do anything.  Loss of energy pretty much.

I went 10 days without masturbating, then I had to, because I was afraid of having a wet dream.  I only had 1 wet dream in my life, and it was gross and it ruined my day when I had it.

Anyway.  I want to know if prostate stimulation to get the semen out will prevent the wet dream without causing the symptoms.

I want to get rid of semen without the orgasm so I don't feel the symptoms.  Will this work?  Has anyone tried this?

EDIT:  Mind you, I am 26 years old.  And the these symptoms last about 2 days or so.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh oh oh.  Question.  Would eating the semen cause the same effects?  Or even eating another's semen?  Is it semen all in general or just your own?
« Last Edit: 14/04/2012 22:46:09 by Sirius »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #16033 on: 15/04/2012 00:31:40 »
Just watched the ABC Austrailian documentary, I thought it was great. I respect the way they treated the condition.  Victor did a great job as well and presented it well, showing how we're just ordinary people with an inexplicable malady. It's so bizarre to watch a program about something I was for so long so overwhelmed with and desperate to find ANY information on.
« Last Edit: 15/04/2012 00:33:48 by John21 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: 15/04/2012 06:18:17 »
John, that's exactly how I feel.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16035 on: 15/04/2012 06:22:16 »

Sirius, edhawk10, l1_prior, meteo74, micro41, GDRTW, and boobay, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum!  We believe that 2012 is POIS' Breakthrough Year! We hope to launch serious POIS Medical Research! A great time to be here!

**(If you have any technical questions, please feel free to PM (private message) Daveman or me -- or another forum member - - go towards the end of this welcome message (after the 5 available research articles are described) for instuctions on how to send PM. We'll be happy to explain!)***

If you haven't already done so, but would like to like to join the new forum,  send "daveman" a PM here at the Naked Science Forum.

Here are some POIS resources which may be helpful to you:

Click here to see the new April 12 POIS TV Documentary!

Click here to see The Now-Famous POIS reddit post!

Our new POIS chatroom (realtime chat). Invite or visit another member(s) there, ANY TIME. We can all get to know each other better:
Just click HERE first, and then look for "CHAT" button towards top of page, 4th button to your right!

Our new POIS Forum - architectural genius: "daveman" - for detailed subject-by-subject discussion!
http://www.POISCenter.com/forums/index.php
Our 5-year-old POIS thread here at Naked Science Forum will also always remain open for newcomers, for general unstructured discussion, and historical research of the 10,000+ postings here since 2007.

The Learning Channel's (TLC)  feature TV presentation on POIS, featuring our member here at this forum, "Animus". It was aired on May 22, 2011. Here is a link to the YouTube file for the POIS  TV documentary, "Desperate Measures":

Our POIS Information Website, built by "mat780", is here:
http://sites.google.com/site/POISwebsite/

The POIS Information Website is home to the famous POIS Forum Compendium, written by "Pyropeach", and contains theories already discussed here and treatments that have both worked and failed.

Please see "B_Jim"'s POIS Summary of All Cases, here as well as others on the Web. This includes remedies that we have tested, and results.
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg149009#msg149009

"Girlwind" has created an excellent POIS Video:

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome "POIS": Case report

Authors:
Abdalla M Attia*, Magda H Al-Ziny, Hossam A Yasien
*Corresponding author: Andrology Unit, Minoufiya University, Shibin El Kom, Eygpt

For more info, check out emi_b's  SMF POIS thread:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=191.0;topicseen

POIS Research Studies available Upon Request:

1. and 2. POIS Research Studies, 2011

These 2 papers reveal Dr. Waldinger's POIS autoimmune hypothesis and suggest one possible avenue of treatment.

3. First POIS Research Study, 2002

We have a copy of the first formal medical investigation on POIS by Prof. dr. Marcel D. Waldinger,MD,PhD, and Dr. Dave Schweitzer, MD.

4. Recent POIS Research Study, 2010

CASE REPORT
Postorgasm Illness Syndrome - A Spectrum of Illnesses
Jane Ashby, MRCP, and David Goldmeier, MRCP
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg316781#msg316781

5. British Medical Journal Case Report, 2010

Case study by Dr. Selwyn Dexter of a patient with a headache-featured POIS symptom treated with progesterone/norethisterone.
http://casereports.bmj.com/content/2010/bcr.10.2009.2359.short?rss=1

How to get any or all of the above 5 studies: send me or "daveman" a Private Message (PM) with your regular email address (use "AT" instead of "@" ) and we'll send you back the PDF(s).

To send a Private Message, click on "My Messages" at the top of this page. Then click "Send Message". From that point on, it works just like posting a message here, except that it only goes to the person(s) you designate.

New York Times article,

January 20, 2009
Mind
Sex and Depression: In the Brain, if Not the Mind
By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=friedman%20sexual%20January%2020&st=cse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition to serving our own informational interests, the resources listed above can be useful for you to show our credibility to the medical world - which often shows little understanding and is sometimes skeptical of our condition: POIS has scientific underpinnings and POIS is not "just another psychological problem" related to sex - to be treated by the psychiatric/psychotherapeutic community. All of this information can greatly help you to fight the immediate reaction of some doctors: so just tell them, "IT'S NOT 'ALL IN YOUR HEAD'! "

It can be very  helpful to you when dealing with medical professionals to point out the
POIS' official listing, as recognized by the
National Institutes for Health (NIH), Office of Rare Diseases Research
:

And in Europe: Orphanet now lists POIS on their website! - Click here!

POIS also appears in credible medical sources such as the Journal of Sexual Medicine (Dr. Waldinger's study), British Medical Journal and wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome

For over 5 years, our POIS forum has attracted over 200 POIS sufferers worldwide who have posted here, research on an additional 200 sufferers elsewhere on the internet, plus our pages have been read nearly 2,000,000 times! Not bad for a rare malady!

Show some of this to your doctor - with pride! - chances are, YOU know FAR more about POIS than s/he does! Don't be intimidated by fancy diplomas. It's almost impossible for ANY one doctor to know much about POIS before you walk into his/her office. Unfortunately, it's up to YOU to educate THEM!

SEARCH THE FORUM WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of data: more than 5 years' worth of posts (over  10,000 posts!) from 200+ Forum members, and an additional 200 POIS sufferers found elsewhere on the Internet by Member B_Jim.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
nocturnal emission POIS site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

and 740 results came up for "nocturnal emission" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

« Last Edit: 15/04/2012 06:34:52 by demografx »

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: 15/04/2012 09:04:44 »
Nice job on the show guys!
« Last Edit: 15/04/2012 09:06:44 by Limejuice »

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: 15/04/2012 10:45:47 »
Hi All

I wish to get a medicine that treat the syndromes,some thing occurs after mast. and causes the blood pressure in the head and raise the temperature of the head scalp.
try to put your hand over the skin of the head after O. you will see it becoms warmer.
this is the main problem.

any one who agree with me ??
« Last Edit: 15/04/2012 11:11:32 by meteo74 »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: 15/04/2012 13:01:28 »
After watching the extended interviews with Dr. Goldmeier and Agnes Kocsis -- in my opinion, they gave VERY 'psychologized' assessments of what POIS is.  The picture that comes across from those interviews is: these are 'highly anxious' people who then have 'psychosomatic' symptoms and 'attribute' it to ejaculation.  The interviewer asks "So this is not something that would show up in a medical test?" and Dr. Goldmeier say that that's correct, it wouldn't show up in a medical test -- with the implication that this is because it is psychological.

I don't want to make an assessment of whether this is what they intended to convey, but that's sure what comes across pretty darn clearly!

CC, nordnurse, that concerns me: I feel like running away fast whenever I hear anything remotely close to "POIS? Oh, sure: It's all in your head!".

That stupid and damaging POIS "appraisal" by too many medical professionals and laypersons alike needs to be destroyed.

By us.

Guthrie, Demo,

Yes, I personally have been surprised by these types of statements from "professionals".

Perhaps we haven't arrived at a point where we KNOW what POIS is. Only the research will clarify this. We can describe POIS, say whatt it does to us, but can't define the mechanism.

Then someone comes along who works in psycho-sexual areas, and where I'm sure there are many, many situations that apply to nuero-psychological treatments, but they automatically apply their "practice" and philosophies to our problem because we have a rare disorder that doesn't have an explainable etiology (YET).

But thanks to Niacin, I can call myself cured. I can see clearly what POIS ISN'T. And it ISN'T psychosomatic. AnNy simple studies on an individual like myself (and there are many) would show that it is NOT psychosomatic or even "in our heads" as a result of stresses etc. etc. Yes, there are stresses, but a professional should know that one has to evaluate whether those stresses are "cause or effect". I insist that we find a POIS inducing drug to inject into these "all too anxious to apply their "specialty" to our problem" doctors so they have a REAL feel for what it is that we have. Let some other psycho-analyst tell him that he is stressed and THAT's why he has POIS.

We have seen too many doctors that don't go all the way in validating their theory before leading hords of sufferers down a dead end street.

Sorry if I come across as excessive, but I'm MAD. And we should all be MAD.

And I'm not mentioning any names, actually there are too many. FAR TOO MANY. We desperately need PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH, before there is more damage than good done by public exposure of NONSENSE.

Grrr..Grrrr. RRrrrrrrrrr.

Offline apostate801

• View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: 15/04/2012 15:13:09 »
Maybe POIS isn't that rare and maybe it's caused/strengthened by when we started watching high speed porn.  The younger we started the more our brain developed stronger connections associated with porn addiction.   

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: 15/04/2012 19:03:52 »
Just watched ABC show. Wow, my respect to you Victor and to Dr Maryanne Demasi! Thanks to you the POIS is showed as a not all in our head thing, but a real disease and this is huge step forward for us! This is so important for us to get medical community to take us seriously. I think you have got the maximum out of this show and bring very important result for us, that we will be able to use as a base for our future steps. It is so nice that our first appearance on the public was in so positive light, thank you so much Victor! Thank you Dr Maryanne!

Offline napkynbass

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: 15/04/2012 19:13:34 »
Hi guys!

This is for Davemen,

Since when you feel totally cured? I live with POIS since 2003 :/:/!!

Any secondary effect? can you see sex related scenes and not feel a little dizzy?

Thanks!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: 15/04/2012 19:37:53 »

I wouldn't put too much credence on what Dr. Goldmeir and Dr. Kocsis say about Pois being a mental condition.

Excellent.

We need to FIGHT the "POIS = mental condition/origin" thinking wherever we can!!

This one stupid prejudice has hurt all of us enormously.

No one should ever accept a psychological/psychiatric diagnosis for POIS from anyone!

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: 15/04/2012 19:49:17 »

I wouldn't put too much credence on what Dr. Goldmeir and Dr. Kocsis say about Pois being a mental condition.

Excellent.

We need to FIGHT the "POIS = mental condition/origin" thinking wherever we can!!

This one stupid prejudice has hurt all of us enormously.

No one should ever accept a psychological/psychiatric diagnosis for POIS from anyone!
Totally agree, demo! We have suffered too much already when doctors treated us as "anxious" people, this lead us to nowhere. We don't need to put up with this anymore!

Victor

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: 15/04/2012 20:53:57 »
Hi guys!

This is for Davemen,

Since when you feel totally cured? I live with POIS since 2003 :/:/!!

Any secondary effect? can you see sex related scenes and not feel a little dizzy?

Thanks!

I've been taking niacin before orgasm now for about 6 months, and for the most part, I have only about 10% symptoms that come through a couple of times in the first two days and then nothing more.

I never had symptoms with sexual arousal without orgasm, some do. My POIS went from 5 to 10 days with 2 or 3 days of more intense brain fog. To just parts of the first two days and extremely light.

The biggest problem with this "cure" is the strictness of the remedy. Having to fast, which means you have to plan each sexual encounter. Sometimes if you don't take quite enough niacin or ar too horny to wait for the flush to subside, the POIS can be heavier too.

But compared to what it was I consider myself "cured".

Offline mat780

• View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: 15/04/2012 21:01:55 »
Hello everybody!

For the ones who still haven't seen the excellent ABC Documentary, I've just uploaded the POIS part to our YouTube POIS Channel.

Follow the link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/POISchannel/videos [nofollow]

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: 15/04/2012 21:32:29 »
Doesn't Dr. Goldmeir see that we have good reason to be anxious?  ???

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: 15/04/2012 21:40:09 »
ObserverCenter,

Great job. Just saw the show! They treated the niacin solution wonderfully. Actually brought tears to my eyes, to see, that we are and will be helping POIS sufferers get through this.

Thanks for this too Victor K. who brought it to us through your forum.

The brief exposure of the forum(s) is SO great. Builds a hope brings pride to know that we are among the fore-front in the solution for POIS.

And MAN that restless genital syndrome is terrible too. Wish there was something we could do.

Offline napkynbass

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: 15/04/2012 22:02:26 »
I ordered niacin and I'll try, but still did not realize what constitutes "flush", someone can explain me?

thank you

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: 15/04/2012 22:57:52 »
I ordered niacin and I'll try, but still did not realize what constitutes "flush", someone can explain me?

thank you

Over at our other forum there are several threads on niacin

The first talks about a sort of "super niacin", but in the end, only regular niacin is required.

also do a search on that same forum, there's lots on niacin.
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.msg4403#new

This second link probably has more direct instructions on how to take niacin.
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=319.0

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16049 on: 15/04/2012 22:57:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums